AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-31, 15:32   Link #141
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
I'd like to know if this game has actual AI. In the previous games the enemy units would attack yours when in range no matter what. It devolved the game into a routine of baiting the enemy unit with a strong character before finishing it off.
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 16:23   Link #142
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I'd like to know if this game has actual AI. In the previous games the enemy units would attack yours when in range no matter what. It devolved the game into a routine of baiting the enemy unit with a strong character before finishing it off.
This is false. In some games, especially the DS remakes, many units did not attack even if yours were in range unless your unit was in range of several enemy units at the same time.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 17:40   Link #143
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
The AI tends to not overcommit unless they have toncrap of units.
Generally, they really try to gang bang a frail unit, and if they can kill it, they will aim for the kill. Hard mode and Lunatic can be extremely frustrating because any single wrong move immediately cost you a unit.
And baiting, even with a Jeigan, is quite risky.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 11:43   Link #144
takai
Easy Muffin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 21
I've never played Fire Emblem, but when I played the demo I liked it a lot. I'm definitely picking this one up. I really like how you can make your own avatar, which was what initially sparked my interest.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 12:53   Link #145
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
I am seriously tempted to buy a 3DS just to play this game. I am seriously seriously tempted.
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 12:56   Link #146
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I am seriously tempted to buy a 3DS just to play this game. I am seriously seriously tempted.
Supposedly there's a bundle you can buy that comes with a 3DS and the game. It's not supposed to be out until 2/4, but I've heard some areas already broke the date.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 23:42   Link #147
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I'd like to know if this game has actual AI. In the previous games the enemy units would attack yours when in range no matter what. It devolved the game into a routine of baiting the enemy unit with a strong character before finishing it off.
As far as I recall, that's generally the way it is. The AI will either attack you after you pass a certain point of the map or will attack after a certain number of turns have passed. As far as Awakening goes, there are plenty of maps where the enemy units just pretty much all rush at you after a certain point.
Which is one reason the Sorceror + Nosferatu wall works so well in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The AI tends to not overcommit unless they have toncrap of units.
Generally, they really try to gang bang a frail unit, and if they can kill it, they will aim for the kill. Hard mode and Lunatic can be extremely frustrating because any single wrong move immediately cost you a unit.
And baiting, even with a Jeigan, is quite risky.
Lunatic will kill your unit if you make the wrong move, the Hard not so much. If you make several wrong moves, yes, but there is enough freedom to develop your own strategy.
After being surprised by a set of reinforcements and getting killed -> restarting once...
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 21:50   Link #148
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sendai, Japan
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
As far as I recall, that's generally the way it is. The AI will either attack you after you pass a certain point of the map or will attack after a certain number of turns have passed. As far as Awakening goes, there are plenty of maps where the enemy units just pretty much all rush at you after a certain point.
Which is one reason the Sorceror + Nosferatu wall works so well in this game.
Sorceror + Nosferatu works well because it is broken. The AI can't win no matter what strategy they use.
And there is no need to make a wall. One single Sorceror (with a good support) can decimate the entire army.
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 01:59   Link #149
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
And there is no need to make a wall. One single Sorceror (with a good support) can decimate the entire army.
Well, one Sorceror can be a wall
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 02:05   Link #150
Mai Sakurando
Dream Cat
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MidNight ReflectionS
I might have to end up getting this game as digital. I didn't pre-ordered and now it looks like I can't find this game available anywhere at my local gamestop. Poowee!
__________________
Mai Sakurando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 03:26   Link #151
jedinat
フリーター
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Sakurando View Post
I might have to end up getting this game as digital. I didn't pre-ordered and now it looks like I can't find this game available anywhere at my local gamestop. Poowee!
Considering the actual release date isn't until Monday... I wouldn't do anything drastic yet. Besides Gamestop there's Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 05:33   Link #152
JohnNiles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I wonder why the release date is Monday and not Tuesday, like it is for most games. Ah well, I never liked Tuesday releases to begin with.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 17:08   Link #153
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
I will totally become crazy, Wii u, PS4 and 3DS.
My wallet can't hold all of this.

I guess I will go for 3ds first then since I'm a huge fan of fire emblem.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 20:46   Link #154
Xefi
Fridget Damsel
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: "preparing to move to new house...nya"
Age: 31
^ lol...yeah. my wallet is also screaming bloody tears. i wanted to try out Ni no Kuni before
this game, but i favor Fire Emblem Awakening over it. so i'll have to save some money and get
Fire Emblem while passing on Ni no Kuni for a bit.

i doubt i can dedicate my time to both game with the little limited time i have each days.
oh well, Fire Emblem here i come!
__________________
ExXefi
Wall: 1410
Sig: 745
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 21:04   Link #155
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Ahh Lunatic. The only place where random battles are harder than the regular battles (like Silver or Killer Weapons when story battles are still with Steel, and you only have access to iron XD). Even frigging DLC has like a quarter of the characters double attacking you.

Goddamit, where are the trash random encounters so I can grind half my party, especially that Donnel guy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
I wonder why the release date is Monday and not Tuesday, like it is for most games. Ah well, I never liked Tuesday releases to begin with.
Monday? I thought it was officially last Tuesday, as I got it last Wednesday.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 11:22   Link #156
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Monday? I thought it was officially last Tuesday, as I got it last Wednesday.
The Gamestop around my area delayed it till 2/8.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 13:01   Link #157
Mai Sakurando
Dream Cat
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MidNight ReflectionS
I gave up on finding the physical copy and go ahead and bought me the digital version. Now, let's see who to begin with for my avatar. Too many decisions and I am thinking of starting as female avatar first and have her pair up with Chrom.
__________________
Mai Sakurando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 16:05   Link #158
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Sakurando View Post
Now, let's see who to begin with for my avatar. Too many decisions and I am thinking of starting as female avatar first and have her pair up with Chrom.]
I almost did that, but on my first runs I prefer doing the hardest/most out of the way things first. So, while not playing Lunatic (wanted to get a better feel for the game first), I decided to pair Chrom up with Olivia, since she'd be the hardest to do so with. Still wanting to get Royal Weapon on Morgan, I decided I'd pair my Avatar up with Azure (only character whose localized name I hate).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 01:07   Link #159
takai
Easy Muffin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 21
Smooth move Nintendo. The GameStop I work at got 39 calls regarding Fire Emblem. A lot of people aren't too happy.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 01:18   Link #160
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Yeah, luckily I had decided to go to our local EB Games about 10-20 minutes after it opened in the morning.... to find out they had only gotten 1 copy of the game in.


Still find it odd that a Nintendo title is having a hard time finding it's way to the stores... I do wonder if it would've helped better to just have the release date a normal Tuesday.... or a regular Nintendo Sunday release day.
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
3ds, fire emblem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.