AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 01:44   Link #1621
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

"A false coin for a false god"

There was a Godzilla movie I watched where the original Godzilla pretty much destroys the other Godzilla from the American movie released in 2000.

Imagine if they did that sorta thing with Devil May Cry, while Donte is fighting demons Dante out of nowhere appears behind our edgy hero and puts one hand on his shoulder, Donte looks to see who is touching him, Dante looks down at him and says "Leave it to the professionals, kid" He then takes Donte's rebellion from his hand and fights the remaining number of demons left, the sword eventually breaks in the process and Dante says to a very surprised Donte "Heh, I'm surprised this toy of yours even lasted this long, we'll take it from here" Trish and Lady appear behind him along with words 'Devil May Cry 5' appearing above their heads, shattering the DmC logo that was there in the process the trailer ends with Dante saying "Did you miss me?"
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 01:54   Link #1622
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For some reason, while on commute, I kind of wished for something like a "Dire" devil trigger or something. Kind of like Dante does his normal devil trigger, but then there's this second level devil trigger that turns him into a demon form that resembles sparda more. For Nero, he actually becomes his devil trigger ghost thing.

It was suggested somewhere before and I just revisited the idea as... interesting.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 01:59   Link #1623
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
For some reason, while on commute, I kind of wished for something like a "Dire" devil trigger or something. Kind of like Dante does his normal devil trigger, but then there's this second level devil trigger that turns him into a demon form that resembles sparda more. For Nero, he actually becomes his devil trigger ghost thing.

It was suggested somewhere before and I just revisited the idea as... interesting.
Well, actually Nero was supposed to become his own Devil Trigger, but due to the game being rushed they could never make a proper model for him.

http://images.wikia.com/devilmaycry/...rtbook_p31.jpg

This was supposed to be his DT. I think I posted this before.
Old 2013-02-05, 02:06   Link #1624
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That inspired me to think about the Dire devil trigger thing really.
Old 2013-02-05, 02:36   Link #1625
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
For some reason, while on commute, I kind of wished for something like a "Dire" devil trigger or something.
Wasn't there something similar to that in DMC2? There was the regular Devil Trigger and the one that you could activate when you were very low on health and became HUGE.
Old 2013-02-05, 02:46   Link #1626
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh right, they did. I never played DMC2

Low health just doesn't have that same kind of flavor though. Maybe a style dedicated to devil triggering instead? I dunno.
Old 2013-02-05, 03:26   Link #1627
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
"A false coin for a false god"

There was a Godzilla movie I watched where the original Godzilla pretty much destroys the other Godzilla from the American movie released in 2000.

Imagine if they did that sorta thing with Devil May Cry, while Donte is fighting demons Dante out of nowhere appears behind our edgy hero and puts one hand on his shoulder, Donte looks to see who is touching him, Dante looks down at him and says "Leave it to the professionals, kid" He then takes Donte's rebellion from his hand and fights the remaining number of demons left, the sword eventually breaks in the process and Dante says to a very surprised Donte "Heh, I'm surprised this toy of yours even lasted this long, we'll take it from here" Trish and Lady appear behind him along with words 'Devil May Cry 5' appearing above their heads, shattering the DmC logo that was there in the process the trailer ends with Dante saying "Did you miss me?"
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Old 2013-02-05, 09:57   Link #1628
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Wow, 2 years since *that* trailer... time sure flies! There were/are LOTS of video like that.

Everyone's still against it.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:04   Link #1629
Lummie

from @Neogaf

https://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capc...ations/0110372

Quote:
DmC: Devil May Cry is going to fall well short of Capcom’s initial expectations for the game.

Capcom had originally forecast sales of 2m units by the end of its financial year. That has now been lowered to just 1.2m units, Eurogamer reports.

In its first week on sale in the UK the game sold just a third of the number of copies shifted by its predecessor Devil May Cry 4 in the same time period. In Japan it managed around half the sales of DMC4.

It’s potentially a sad end to a tale brought about very much by the fans themselves. Anyone who played Devil May Cry 4 must surely of seen how desperately the IP needed an injection of new ideas and modernisation – which is exactly what the skilful Ninja Theory achieved.

Yet the fans revolted because Capcom dared to reinvent its IP for the 21st century and dared to change the colour of Dante’s hair. It’s really very sad.

A headline suggested by a colleague: “Devil May Cry fans destroy brand out of spite.” That about covers it.

The news comes as Capcom reports a sharp surge in profits.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 16:19   Link #1630
Used Can

Ahaha... so, is fans not buying shit they don't want/like a bad thing now? How more biased can they get?
Fans were vocal from the beginning about this. Both, Capcom and NT could have done something as soon as the fans said they didn't like the direction in which they were taking the franchise... but nooooo... they knew better about what the fans wanted than the fans themselves, and now that they're selling poorly, it clearly is the fans's fault. That sure is some sound logic indeed.

What happened to "the customer is always right"? These guys simply failed at Capitalism and they're now dealing with the consequences of not doing what they should have done. Serves them right.
Old 2013-02-05, 18:30   Link #1631
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Jesus Christ, again with the hair.
Old 2013-02-05, 18:35   Link #1632
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
B***S***
That's another paid gaming journalist if you ask me. Injected? Modernization?

The original franchise was western enough, modern enough and likeable enough. These guys are just digging their graves more and more till they hit hell.
Old 2013-02-05, 18:37   Link #1633
Lummie

Kinda keeps getting worse

Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 19:20   Link #1634
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^True Story...damn I think it went like this.

Xbox - where's our money?
NT - Oh apologies will send you the check right away
Xbox - *receives money* copy paste review, 9/10

Makes me sick.

Patch.

Rumored Bloody Palace is not yet in the patch.

Quote:
Those of you playing the PC version of DmC Devil May Cry may have noticed that Steam recently dropped a patch tweaking a few elements in the game. Mostly it was just to mend a few outstanding bugs, but serious players will be interested to know there have also been a few tweaks affecting gameplay. Hit the jump for a list of the most major changes that have taken effect in this update, including the ones affecting gameplay.

Game Balance
-Demon evade provides less of a damage and style boost.
-Evades have a shorter invulnerability window.
-Green orbs no longer spawn procedurally when Dante's health is already high. He must now have less than 1/2 his HP for them to spawn.
-SSS and SS ranks will now decay back down to S rank with inactivity.
-Weakest enemies now do more damage.
-You can no longer climb infinitely using Fireworks.

Gameplay
-Mission 20: Vergil health reset bug fixed.
-Secret Missions: Quitting Secret Missions in the middle of a falling attack no longer impairs camera movement.

Controls
-Entering Angel or Demon mode in the same frame as pressing an attack button will now apply that mode to the attack.

UI
-Refresh rate now correctly displays current value.

Sound
-Sound bug during Kicker move when game is running at 75+ FPS has been addressed.
Edit:

Nice patch. One DT it kills a boss..... =_=

YouTube

SSS rank and Wow Vergil!!! meh....

YouTube
Old 2013-02-05, 19:29   Link #1635
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^True Story...damn I think it went like this.

Xbox - where's our money?
NT - Oh apologies will send you the check right away
Xbox - *receives money* copy paste review, 9/10

Makes me sick.

Patch.

Rumored Bloody Palace is not yet in the patch.

Edit:

Nice patch. One DT it kills a boss..... =_=

YouTube

SSS rank and Wow Vergil!!! meh....

YouTube
The DT in this game seriously boost ur dmg to the point that it kinda shorten a lot of fights too much.....

Last night at the hunter's fight, i encountered another bug..... After the boss recovered from its first stun state without going to the second one where it lies on the floor and launching 1 or 2 attacks, it just stood still there for the rest of the game.... becoming a combo-practicing target with a life bar...... seriously one of the easiest boss fight even of SoS difficulty.
Old 2013-02-05, 19:31   Link #1636
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
One HIT KILL TO A BOSS?! NT's gotta be kidding me.

Here's another proof SSS will be spoon fed.

Spoiler for SSS with ALOT of deaths:
Old 2013-02-05, 20:40   Link #1637
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

http://imgur.com/tkCtGZh

I feel ill, but what's new after reading these? They all sound the same, yet there's always one little thing each journalist says differently to the other.

DMC's gameplay as a series is really old and outdated and Dark Gothic Castles aren't cool anymore according to that article.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:44   Link #1638
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:

I feel ill, but what's new after reading these? They all sound the same, yet there's always one little thing each journalist says differently to the other.

DMC's gameplay as a series is really old and outdated and Dark Gothic Castles aren't cool anymore according to that article.
It's not worth following these things anymore, you'll just end up hurting yourself
Old 2013-02-05, 21:55   Link #1639
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Quote:

The Gaming Media is SOLD

Seriously, I miss when magazines like EGM were good and knew the fans' feelings.
Old 2013-02-05, 22:02   Link #1640
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

It's the same thing over and over again the past freaking 3 years since 2010, "My Name is Donte" trailer.

Wonder if this was the reason why gamestop is closing 500 stores.

YouTube