AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-06, 14:45   Link #1141
Chimurry
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Night View Post
Reaper-

===
Chimurry-


The move is one that CAN kill someone, and they participating in a 'game'. Think of it as playing a paintball match and someone brings a REAL gun. That is a danger to everyone in the match which your not trying to kill someone else but beat them in battle. Just because you can use the move freely doesn't make it legal. Again think about a paintball match, someone brings in a real gun but doesn't use it.

--

And most of the argument I had in mind is now gone...
Rating Game its a physical game, if you match in boxing, martial arts against high tier opponents, it will be only to treat like a plummet to them, they will probably will pity me like Ise vs Saji, I cannot blame the if they hit, cuz I was there by will, if you see even if they strongly holds, I will be receiving high damages, imagine You vs somebody like Tyson or Jet Li.

About the Game rules, well I see more like Pride than other issue, Bael House holds Sairaorg as next Head and rumored the strongest among High Rank Youth and the rumored Gremory Group with Sirzechs imouto, Oppai Dragon, Lighting Miko and others, so, if Sairaorg want to be clearly defines his status, he take all from Rias, I can see next games match (specially high tier) will ask same conditions than Sairaorg, I thing people like Emperor Diehauser Belial is one of them and specially after they took over a minor monster and Ise the big one.

@N0m@n: I see 2nd season cover 3 and 4 vols, hardly will come Rating games unless its 24 or 26 episodes, I think Raiser SS will fit in the middle of 3 and 4 vols, but not sure if they will put it as filler or Ova.
Chimurry is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 19:53   Link #1142
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ @Chimurry, I think what n0m@n was saying that even if the DxD anime gets green-lit for a 3rd season and 4th season, the chance they will animate the SS, The Unresurrected Phoenix, are extremely slim to none. Taking into consideration the fact that anime portrayed Raiser as more of a villain and a complete bastard when compared to his LN counterpart.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 20:24   Link #1143
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ @Chimurry, I think what n0m@n was saying that even if the DxD anime gets green-lit for a 3rd season and 4th season, the chance they will animate the SS, The Unresurrected Phoenix, are extremely slim to none. Taking into consideration the fact that anime portrayed Raiser as more of a villain and a complete bastard when compared to his LN counterpart.
earliest it would be able to be viewed is a season 4 if they keep to only a single cour. I think it could still be showed. He is gaining a little more presence in the LN. Plus it has a lot of Ravel which is great for everyone. It would also be nice to see how pathetic he became lol. Besides think what DBZ did with Vegeta and how dxd plays off dbz a lot. It could still work.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 20:24   Link #1144
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ @Chimurry, I think what n0m@n was saying that even if the DxD anime gets green-lit for a 3rd season and 4th season, the chance they will animate the SS, The Unresurrected Phoenix, are extremely slim to none. Taking into consideration the fact that anime portrayed Raiser as more of a villain and a complete bastard when compared to his LN counterpart.
That is one of the unfortunate things that anime directors should look out for. Never change important details from the original source too much because there may be the chance that the anime will get a green lit for another season. The damage done of expecting only to have one season and then having a second season lit up will cause serious confusion and problems. Seasons containing consequences of past volumes must be considered very carefully, take popularity into account that a second season will occur. In short, it is all good to for anime director to add a flare to a situation, but be sure that you can turn off the flare when the second season start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Night View Post
Reaper-


I am condemning him because he should've known that this a 'game-match'. If Akeno was nearly killed or was killed it would've been justified for his emotions, however that wasn't the case. And he goes over the deep-end KNOWING that this isn't a battle to the death and goes out to try and kill someone else just because they won. And it doesn't appear that she was underestimating Issei.

If he truly wants be 'king' or 'strongest-pawn', than he should know that his comrades CAN and WILL be defeated in battle. And part of that is he must KNOW self-restraint, if he can't hold back and try kill someone just because they showed their better against his friends. He isn't really worthy to take part of these games because he would be a straight up murderer anyone who dear show that they can beat his comrades in a fair match. This takes me back to point A. These Rating 'Games' are stupid because things like these can happen more often than one can believe.

On the race thing, I honestly don't know how to respond without sounding racist. But imagine one full fledge being having an ability others don't, and half-breeds aren't capable of using that said ability because DNA/genes aren't there (Replaced by whatever the other race is.). Eventually the full-fledge race dies down, and thing they can do dies with them.

(If you take one thing and start mix it with others, you gain something, but also lose something. If you keep mixing the thing that once was no longer exist, its dead. One would think that its okay, but than one ability would be lost because of the difference. What makes one thing them, them. It will nolonger exist and uniquiness is lost.)

==
Wysth-


Another thing is, there are always another way to prove one ability and gain/keep experience. Waving blades and energy attacks at eachother is one of the more stupid ways of 'keeping touch' They could aways do something like meassuring powerlevels instead of launching it at eachother.

And just because the restrictions were uplifted doesn't give you the okay to try and kill someone.

You are making it sound like its not okay to bait someone in battle, this is the standard type tactic to cause the enemy to slip up and make a move that will work against them. She used this and it basically worked, doesn't mean she deserved to be nearly killed.

He pulled out a move that will instantly vaporize his oppenent, without a chance for them to be 'rescued' by the safety system. This move is a sure kill if it landed.

And that part is where he NEEDS TO GROW UP. If he's going to be an emotionally reck and try to kill someone when they defeat a comrade in a match than he shouldn't bother being part of thse 'games'. (Repeating myself)


===
Chimurry-


The move is one that CAN kill someone, and they participating in a 'game'. Think of it as playing a paintball match and someone brings a REAL gun. That is a danger to everyone in the match which your not trying to kill someone else but beat them in battle. Just because you can use the move freely doesn't make it legal. Again think about a paintball match, someone brings in a real gun but doesn't use it.

--

And most of the argument I had in mind is now gone...


Thankfully Darth Spiderden shorten my argument because there are points in your argument I could have exploited so very easily. Though I will end it there, Darth sum up my argument pretty well minus the extra 200 words that I could have put on with examples and going into all sorts of things.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 20:44   Link #1145
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
“The battle will be looked as a whole so even if you lose to your opponent, you will not necessarily lose the opportunity to pass. Obviously winning the battle will allow you to get more points though. But we will look at the battle in depth so if you have the three satisfactory criteria of heart, technique, and body we will allow you to get points that will be the equivalent of what you showed. Try to have the battle to be as good as possible please! The rule is simple. Fight the opponent with the power you have. Using weapons will be allowed. You will fail if your opponent dies, but if the death occurred due to an accident then we, the examiners, will decide the outcome. Please read the documents you have with you regarding about death by accident. Next is…..”
Reading Volume 11, Chapter 2

What a terrible idea for a premotion exam. No safety nets or anything. Getting a fail on your test doesnt bring the guy back to life.

I am just shocked at the moment. Weren't they trying to preserve the devil race ?. Why give the oppituntity for accidents on a premotion test. Shouldnt they been shooting magic at dummies or targets? instead?
Velsy is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 20:50   Link #1146
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Reading Volume 11, Chapter 2

What a terrible idea for a premotion exam. No safety nets or anything. Getting a fail on your test doesnt bring the guy back to life.

I am just shocked at the moment. Weren't they trying to preserve the devil race ?. Why give the oppituntity for accidents on a premotion test.
The ability to judge your strength and hold back as necessary is probably a secret criteria.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 20:51   Link #1147
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
Dominic, I think the main problem here is that you are comparing the Rating Game with the games from the real world.
In the LN, the Rating Game was created in a time before the alliance, when there was a truce between the powers but no real peace among them. The Devils, to not loose their battle prowess created this to allow young devils a "simulation" of real battle: of course even though they made a system to allow one to go full power and still not kill the opponent, the system is not flawless and Ise's power in the volume this happens was too much for Abaddon to withstand and for the system to recover her before the killing blow was delt.
I'm sure that in future RG battles, with the professional, attacks of that scale are common and they are not considered one-hit kills. It was one-hit kill for Abaddon, that's for sure.
Besides, are you forgetting Sairaorgs attacks on Ise after his Balance Breaker that punched a hole in him? Why not condemn him?
Your logic does not apply to the universe of the LN, it's a fantasy, go with it and enjoy the ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Thankfully Darth Spiderden shorten my argument because there are points in your argument I could have exploited so very easily. Though I will end it there, Darth sum up my argument pretty well minus the extra 200 words that I could have put on with examples and going into all sorts of things.
Darth and Reaper I agree that you can't really compare the ratings to anything in the real world between ability for the competiors to both give and take damage and there ability to heal them afterwards. And everyone knows there is a real chance for serious injury or death. However given the dialogue between Sairaorg and Ise after Sairaorg's Queen force from the field by Sairaorg it does seem like Ise was trying to kill and solely because she won Sairaorg's team one some of the matches and that was inexcusable.

Spoiler for dialogue:


Now if Ise wasn't try to kill her why was he asking forgiveness rather then denying Sairaorg claims.
GundamFan is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 20:57   Link #1148
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
That is one of the unfortunate things that anime directors should look out for. Never change important details from the original source too much because there may be the chance that the anime will get a green lit for another season. The damage done of expecting only to have one season and then having a second season lit up will cause serious confusion and problems. Seasons containing consequences of past volumes must be considered very carefully, take popularity into account that a second season will occur. In short, it is all good to for anime director to add a flare to a situation, but be sure that you can turn off the flare when the second season start.





Thankfully Darth Spiderden shorten my argument because there are points in your argument I could have exploited so very easily. Though I will end it there, Darth sum up my argument pretty well minus the extra 200 words that I could have put on with examples and going into all sorts of things.
I like to keep things simple


Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Darth and Reaper I agree that you can't really compare the ratings to anything in the real world between ability for the competiors to both give and take damage and there ability to heal them afterwards. And everyone knows there is a real chance for serious injury or death. However given the dialogue between Sairaorg and Ise after Sairaorg's Queen force from the field by Sairaorg it does seem like Ise was trying to kill and solely because she won Sairaorg's team one some of the matches and that was inxcusable.

Spoiler for dialogue:


Now if Ise wasn't try to kill her why was he asking forgiveness rather then denying Sairaorg claims.
It wasn't a case of trying to actively kill her or not, he just wanted to punch her real real real hard head on........he asked Sairaorg he was sorry probably because he should have done that against him but since he was at his limit and there she was the Queen, well, let's go with her first and then well see how things turn out.

Ise is not a mad killer wanting to destroy everything and everyone, but he is able to kill someone if he is pissed off enough for that. This part of the novel confirms that and is another piece of Ise's psychology explained for us. No need to start bashing him for that, since the Novel does have it's share (or will have) of enemies we want to see dead at the hands of our hero.
__________________
Darth SpiderDen is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 21:14   Link #1149
peinmaximus@
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brazil
hey nom@n,in the afterword of vol 14 the author talk some other information about the vol 16 besides that gasper will be the main ''heroine''?
and you think that is possible that new ophis and tiamat join in harem too after the developing of the relationship with the girls already known?
obs.reaper king,you think that ise will fight too with euclid?why if ise fight with euclid I think that the battle is already won for ise.
peinmaximus@ is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 21:47   Link #1150
rickiminato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am really liking the idea that Ise develops his own Dragon powers. He is currently dependent on Ddraig's power and as well his pawn piece, which is not bad but compared to his rivals like Vali and Sairaorg which use their own strengths and attributes, he is quite behind.
maybe its true about issei depends of the draigs power but isei originally are a human ,so about that vali has the power of his ancestor maou and vali have a lot of demonic power, about sairaorg development a superhuman strenght , the toki
and a armor like isei, but maybe i think the autor wanted to give a power of its own
and not depend of the power of draig
__________________
rickiminato is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 22:13   Link #1151
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
I am really interested in Ise's power of his Dragon arm, although the Magician Association sent 3 Magicians, I really wonder what are their levels if it is high tier than Ise's Dragon potential is very high. In terms of Dragon power usage between Vali and Ise, Ise use Dragon power more than Vali where as Vali uses his dragon power on serious opponents until then he uses Magic.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 22:19   Link #1152
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
It wasn't a case of trying to actively kill her or not, he just wanted to punch her real real real hard head on........he asked Sairaorg he was sorry probably because he should have done that against him but since he was at his limit and there she was the Queen, well, let's go with her first and then well see how things turn out.
I'm not convinced he wasn't trying to actively kill her Ise tends to get enraged whem people hurt his friends and he he did let that build quite a bit. And that is something Rias is going to have to fix with him afterall there limits to how many "accidental" deaths and mamings you can have.

Quote:
Ise is not a mad killer wanting to destroy everything and everyone, but he is able to kill someone if he is pissed off enough for that. This part of the novel confirms that and is another piece of Ise's psychology explained for us. No need to start bashing him for that, since the Novel does have it's share (or will have) of enemies we want to see dead at the hands of our hero.
No he isn't a mad killer he does seem to have some serious issue with both rage and controling his strength that need to be death with. I'm all for Ise falco punching the occasional villian to death but I don't really like these other close calls.
Also I gotta say I think it's kind of funny that Saji is the one who supposedly who needs to get control over his powers when Ise is the one nearly punching a woman to death during a rating game and putting a guy through a wall during his promotion test.
GundamFan is offline  
Old 2013-02-06, 22:25   Link #1153
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I'm not convinced he wasn't trying to actively kill her Ise tends to get enraged whem people hurt his friends and he he did let that build quite a bit. And that is something Rias is going to have to fix with him afterall there limits to how many "accidental" deaths and mamings you can have.



No he isn't a mad killer he does seem to have some serious issue with both rage and controling his strength that need to be death with. I'm all for Ise falco punching the occasional villian to death but I don't really like these other close calls.
Also I gotta say I think it's kind of funny that Saji is the one who supposedly who needs to get control over his powers when Ise is the one nearly punching a woman to death during a rating game and putting a guy through a wall during his promotion test.
Well in defense of Ise during the promotion test, he was very unaware of his power. Remember Ise been fighting High Tier opponents in the Mythological world, then he is suddenly thrust into a match with a guy he has no knowledge of and even limit his power of using his base power of Balance Breaker without boasting his power.

As for the rating games, Ise experienced real combat before taking part in the rating games. For Ise, seeing his comrades getting hurt felt like the real thing. If it was the other way around, if Ise participated in the rating games before combat than he would feel that a real combat situation is like a rating game. Which do you prefer Ise have experience in?

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-02-06 at 23:55.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-02-07, 07:06   Link #1154
Tchadnis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I truly don't see why everybody complain about Ise way to be now ? i mean come on it was stated at the beginnings that Ise is hot blooded , since volume 1, when he went to save Asia , each volume when he had to go save one of his friend he did something reckless, he went into JGD when he thought he lost his friend, there for i don't see the problem .. Ise is stupid , he is hot blooded but that why he is fun, it part of his character.. in fact you could say because he care so much about his comrade that why he is so powerful... just think about it , if you were sitting in a RG , since the beginnings your value is too high to go out ,your Junior was getting beaten, your friend fought their a** off to wound a strong opponent for your sake, then on top of it one of the stronger piece of Rias the Queen get beaten up..; honestly guys , step in Ise's shoes a sec , I'm fine with general criticism about a character when it well needed but when it merely turn around something pointless it's harsh... would a killer warn his opponent saying "Hey i am going to kill you , you should protect yourself...."
Ise isn't perfect he has a lot of flaw , but his friends are his power , because he has friends and because he care for them so much that why he is strong.. Ise by himself is weak , even with SG BG, Ise would still be weak without his friends and lover...
__________________
Tchadnis is offline  
Old 2013-02-07, 07:16   Link #1155
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
After completing Volume 11,

I have to say I am quite fond of Ophis. Or maybe its just my Dragon Complex coming through. I appriciate the author adding her(it?) to the story nevetherless.

Oh and

Spoiler for O_O:
Velsy is offline  
Old 2013-02-07, 07:26   Link #1156
Shinon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kuou Academy
vol14 update 75% xd thx noman
__________________
Shinon is offline  
Old 2013-02-07, 07:46   Link #1157
Tchadnis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinon View Post
vol14 update 75% xd thx noman
Man you got to love Akeno and Koneko sneak attack the first night Rias is gone lol
__________________
Tchadnis is offline  
Old 2013-02-07, 08:36   Link #1158
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
IMO the reason Issei is unable to control himself when he sees his comrades getting hurt or defeated has a quite a bit to do on how his as a devil started. He was place into combat situations almost immediately after being turned into a devil and the emotions and frustrations he felt during them.

Spoiler for :
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2013-02-07, 09:18   Link #1159
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: There...no, not there.Yes, there!
Age: 22
Ohh, Ise showing interest in magic for the sake of his familiar was nice.
__________________
DarkSkiper is offline  
Old 2013-02-07, 09:29   Link #1160
serbian otaku #1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
IMO the reason Issei is unable to control himself when he sees his comrades getting hurt or defeated has a quite a bit to do on how his as a devil started. He was place into combat situations almost immediately after being turned into a devil and the emotions and frustrations he felt during them.

When you stop and compare them, Isse has been in way more real life and death battles than RG's. Issei is still young and is still not able to separate his emotions in real battles from those that are need for Rating Games.
True, in battle he probably subconsciously thinks if he doesn't fight to kill he won't win, or something like that.

I just read volume 14 updates, and i must say i'm becoming Danball Vampire fan. Tnx a lot for updates n0m@n.
__________________
serbian otaku #1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.