AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-08, 14:47   Link #26281
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Haha, I wonder what Konart has to say about making little Russian girls into maids.
I'm totally in! In fact we do have some:

http://meidoteam.ru/maid.html, http://meidoteam.ru/media.html, http://otaku.ru/post/34700002100/tsun-tsun-dere-dere
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 14:51   Link #26282
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post


Dat Rei Ayanami Matryoshka
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 16:15   Link #26283
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
LAPD doing a bang up job again...you're not exactly refuting Dorner's claims.

Police shoot two in Torrance in search for ex-LAPD cop
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 16:22   Link #26284
KiraYamatoFan
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
LAPD doing a bang up job again...you're not exactly refuting Dorner's claims.

Police shoot two in Torrance in search for ex-LAPD cop
FAIL.

Something's very fishy in all of this story and I hope Dorner will be caught ALIVE before going to the bottom of this.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 16:23   Link #26285
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
Dorner's manifesto feels like something out of a revenge movie...and so far he's been successful.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 16:40   Link #26286
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
LAPD has a terrible track record and every time the curtain gets pulled back it looks worse. The local "gag" there is that the LAPD is just the most organized gang in the city. The Torrance shooting might as well have been a gangbang driveby.

"Nissan truck + two small Latino women delivering newspapers" does not equal "six foot plus large black man armed to the teeth in a Toyota large truck" even in the dark.

Thirty shots? That isn't law enforcement - that's a couple of people terrified out of their minds and shooting wildly until there are no more bullets.

Basic gun rule #1: know what you're shooting at.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 16:44   Link #26287
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Here's a good satellite image of the storm that shows its circulation pattern:

Hey that looks familiar!

__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 16:48   Link #26288
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
LAPD has a terrible track record and every time the curtain gets pulled back it looks worse. The local "gag" there is that the LAPD is just the most organized gang in the city. The Torrance shooting might as well have been a gangbang driveby.

"Nissan truck + two small Latino women delivering newspapers" does not equal "six foot plus large black man armed to the teeth in a Toyota large truck" even in the dark.

Thirty shots? That isn't law enforcement - that's a couple of people terrified out of their minds and shooting wildly until there are no more bullets.

Basic gun rule #1: know what you're shooting at.
They shot up another truck too, this time with a white guy driving it. Thankfully unlike the case with the two women there was no injuries. The people I know in SoCal are more scared of the actual cops than they are of the "crazy ex-cop."

But yeah people should read his manifesto and make sure you find the original version instead of the edited version that's being sent around media sites that make the guy seem way crazier and stuff.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 16:49   Link #26289
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
The LAPD have been somewhat to completely disconnected from the local populous since they got cars in the early 20th century. They don't walk beats so they don't konw people and people don't know them.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 20:01   Link #26290
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I'm right behind you
Age: 32
Dorner may be having to deal with an approaching blizzard. Yes, we do get blizzards in California; only the mountains yes, but they can still hold up traffic on some major roads.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 20:06   Link #26291
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
By blizzards, do you mean freezing cold (50F) rains?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 20:15   Link #26292
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Up in the Sierra Navada? No that would be snow potentally several feet of it at a time.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 20:32   Link #26293
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I knew you Russians have an interior motive for offering that aircraft carrier to Comiket! You dirty Commies have a plan to steal secret Japanese cosplay technology!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That sounds better than sending jets, it's a certainty.
Actually it would be a themepark - that would include a aviation themed bar complete with well-endowed Russian barmaids dressed in flightsuits catering for patrons who have no taste and go for more mature females.

That would give a new name to the term "bomber pilot".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Petite Russian women own you (they're like little snowflake elves ... so cute and they're in their 20s/30s/40s even)
That is a major cost-saving feature in such a business! There is no need to hire a big scary aniki to man the security - those authentic lolis ones can double up as security!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
My flight out this evening just got cancelled. I had to hop on another one (bigger plane) an hour later and hope that one doesn't get cancelled as well.

I just see a haze of white as I look out of my office window .. Apparently it's worse in Boston and New York.
As a Chinese in Canada celebrating Chinese New Year soon, why don't you fire up the grill and make barbecued meat out of moose meat?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 21:09   Link #26294
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Dorner may be having to deal with an approaching blizzard. Yes, we do get blizzards in California; only the mountains yes, but they can still hold up traffic on some major roads.
I highly doubt he's anywhere near Big Bear area anymore. Also I'm surprised, I read they gave up the search for him there because the trail turned up empty but that article says they're still searching. They also searched his Las Vegas home and found nothing.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 21:11   Link #26295
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The LAPD really doesn't want to take him alive, they're too afraid of what could come out. The cops fired dozens of bullets into that truck the two elderly mail deliverers were driving and it wasn't the same model or make as Dorner's truck.

Also last I saw there is no proof that he was the one that killed the family members, they're just pinning it on him because of the manifesto, which is legitimately a fair thing to do since he says family members are open targets.
conspiracy much?
kyp275 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 21:17   Link #26296
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
conspiracy much?
I'm remaining open to possibilities, the LAPD are well known for being corrupt. Right now there's more proof on Dorner's side than there is on the LAPD's side, at least regarding the reasons why he was fired.

Also like I said they haven't said any proof or reason they believe Dorner killed the daugher and son in law, other than his manifesto. Which I also admitted said he would target family members so it's a legitimate theory for it, I just want to know if they have something else definitely pinning him to the murders.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 21:50   Link #26297
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As a Chinese in Canada celebrating Chinese New Year soon, why don't you fire up the grill and make barbecued meat out of moose meat?
Pretty much everyone than have a BArbeque have it stored right now.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 22:28   Link #26298
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm remaining open to possibilities, the LAPD are well known for being corrupt. Right now there's more proof on Dorner's side than there is on the LAPD's side, at least regarding the reasons why he was fired.

Also like I said they haven't said any proof or reason they believe Dorner killed the daugher and son in law, other than his manifesto. Which I also admitted said he would target family members so it's a legitimate theory for it, I just want to know if they have something else definitely pinning him to the murders.
Not saying whether LAPD is corrupt or not, but I don't place much worth in the words of someone who feels he's justified in killing innocent civilians over employment issues.

Whatever the LAPD may be, Dorner himself is a disgrace of an LE officer, a Navy officer, and a sorry excuse of a human being.
kyp275 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 22:44   Link #26299
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Not saying whether LAPD is corrupt or not, but I don't place much worth in the words of someone who feels he's justified in killing innocent civilians over employment issues.

Whatever the LAPD may be, Dorner himself is a disgrace of an LE officer, a Navy officer, and a sorry excuse of a human being.
There's more to this than just employment issues. If he is telling the truth he was fired for blowing the whistle on a coworker for police brutality. He also tried to appeal the decision for a couple of years now without it going anywhere. Because of this he also lost his Navy status and other things. Like I said if he is telling the truth, then you have a corrupt system that quite honestly destroyed his life and has probably done it to others too.

Also I said it in an earlier post that I think this was a wrong course of actions and will probably come to a bad end for all involved but it's not like he didn't try the legal way.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 23:10   Link #26300
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
There's more to this than just employment issues. If he is telling the truth he was fired for blowing the whistle on a coworker for police brutality. He also tried to appeal the decision for a couple of years now without it going anywhere. Because of this he also lost his Navy status and other things. Like I said if he is telling the truth, then you have a corrupt system that quite honestly destroyed his life and has probably done it to others too.

Also I said it in an earlier post that I think this was a wrong course of actions and will probably come to a bad end for all involved but it's not like he didn't try the legal way.
Uh, no.

First off, there's no such thing as "Navy status". Second, whatever happened with his LAPD employment has nothing to do with his Navy career. He lost a disciplinary hearing and was terminated, which was not a criminal conduct. This would have little impact for the Navy, as they have nothing to do with the LAPD. IIRC from an early report, Dorner had just recently gotten out of the Navy this year, while he was terminated from the LAPD back in what, '08?

As a reservist, whatever happens with your regular job (quitting, leaving, firing, etc.) will have practically zero impact on the military side of your career, unless criminal conducts (felonies or serious/multiple misdemeanors) are involved.
kyp275 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.