AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Little Busters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-11, 15:00   Link #181
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Well, there is no way they will handle Kanata's route before refrain, otherwise they will expose the loop system too early...
Unless they dramatically change the story (something like the Saigusa/Futaki chasing after her), which still wouldn't make sense either.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 17:38   Link #182
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevilinhell View Post
I believe it was in the same place. In the Haruka's VN route it mentioned being "culled". I have a feeling either the VN or the anime translation is a bit off somewhere. Which one is right, I'm not quite sure though. Honestly, the anime translation made more sense.
I remember that, but the family said that to Kanata before Haruka left iirc.

Whatever it said, nothing I read said Haruka was getting headshot if Kanata bought her some ice cream. But it could be translation fault, but I'd like to give fluffy benefit of the doubt since they undertook an unimaginably huge project and actually finished and did an extremely good job. I wish I could thank them more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That being said, it is indeed mentioned in the VN that the family forced her the role, otherwise they will just dispose one of them.
The original japanese game use "間引く" which does mean "cull". So the anime translation is completely off.
This is what I remember reading. Cull as in, kill off the weaker. But that also implies that if the weaker Haruka disappears some other way, like lives somewhere else, there is no reason to cull her anymore because she's already gone and isn't leeching anymore (in the family's eyes). iirc they only used that threat in the beginning to get Kanata on their side. All of the bad things she did to Haruka in the timeframe of Little Busters was for reasons other than worrying about her sister being killed (it's more like Kanata watching out for her own ass really).
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 20:11   Link #183
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
All of the bad things she did to Haruka in the timeframe of Little Busters was for reasons other than worrying about her sister being killed (it's more like Kanata watching out for her own ass really).
Nope not at all. Everything she have done is for Haruka's sake. Pure and simple. Even from young, she always tried to help Haruka. Haruka like she said, is her precious little sister and nothing will ever change that. Otherwise if it's all for herself, she would have never been in such pain and finally broke down like that.
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 21:03   Link #184
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Nope not at all. Everything she have done is for Haruka's sake. Pure and simple. Even from young, she always tried to help Haruka. Haruka like she said, is her precious little sister and nothing will ever change that. Otherwise if it's all for herself, she would have never been in such pain and finally broke down like that.
But was Kanata worried about her sister getting killed by the family? is the quesiton. And afaik the answer is no unless someone can clear me up.

If Kanata was worried about her sister dying, then why would she feel so betrayed and jealous of her sister having escaped (as far as Kanata knows)? I don't see why anyone would envy someone with a dangling anvil over their head, unless Kanata considered being abused to be a fate worse than death, but I have not seen any signs of Kanata feeling that way.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 21:30   Link #185
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
But was Kanata worried about her sister getting killed by the family? is the quesiton. And afaik the answer is no unless someone can clear me up.

If Kanata was worried about her sister dying, then why would she feel so betrayed and jealous of her sister having escaped (as far as Kanata knows)? I don't see why anyone would envy someone with a dangling anvil over their head, unless Kanata considered being abused to be a fate worse than death, but I have not seen any signs of Kanata feeling that way.
Many posts have already gave you the answer. Even the anime clearly gave you the answer unless you did not watch. Kanata broke down and cried that if she did not act mean towards Haruka, they would kill Haruka. Obviously she cared. What else are you looking for? Kanata is not envious of Haruka so I don't understand where you get that from. Either way, Kanata does have it really rought just as much if not more than Haruka. Besides, Klashikari gave a full and clear explanation of everything last page so I don't understand how you got the impression that Kanata does it to save her own butt.

"If Kanata was worried about her sister dying, then why would she feel so betrayed and jealous of her sister having escaped."
?!?!?!?! Where are you getting this?!
Spoiler:
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 21:46   Link #186
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Many posts have already gave you the answer. Even the anime clearly gave you the answer unless you did not watch. Kanata broke down and cried that if she did not act mean towards Haruka, they would kill Haruka. Obviously she cared. What else are you looking for? Kanata is not envious of Haruka so I don't understand where you get that from. Either way, Kanata does have it really rought just as much if not more than Haruka. Besides, Klashikari gave a full and clear explanation of everything last page so I don't understand how you got the impression that Kanata does it to save her own butt.

"If Kanata was worried about her sister dying, then why would she feel so betrayed and jealous of her sister having escaped."
?!?!?!?! Where are you getting this?!
Spoiler:
My question still is, was Haruka's life actually at stake in the game? I did not see that in her route except the line about culling, so I asked if it was in Refrain or Kanata. Seems the answer is no.

Only one post gave me answer, it was Klash and he said no, the anime just f'd things up again (or at least that he wouldn't be surprised if they did).

And I never said Kanata did not care about Haruka. I said that Kanata was worrying about things other than Haruka's death by the family's hands if Kanata ever treated Haruka nicely.

And before telling me to go watch the anime, I am wondering about a possible difference between the anime and game. So I am talking game only. Was the family going to kill Haruka in the game if Kanata ever treated her nicely?

I say Kanata is not jealous of her sister having escaped. But that she is angry at Haruka for making Kanata's life harder by causing trouble, despite what Kanata does for her all the time. She is jealous of how free her sister gets to act and stuff. Sorry if that was not clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Kanata broke down and cried that if she did not act mean towards Haruka, they would kill Haruka.
Where or when did this happen? That is all I'm asking!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 22:15   Link #187
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
My question still is, was Haruka's life actually at stake in the game? I did not see that in her route except the line about culling, so I asked if it was in Refrain or Kanata. Seems the answer is no.

Only one post gave me answer, it was Klash and he said no, the anime just f'd things up again (or at least that he wouldn't be surprised if they did).

And I never said Kanata did not care about Haruka. I said that Kanata was worrying about things other than Haruka's death by the family's hands if Kanata ever treated Haruka nicely.

And before telling me to go watch the anime, I am wondering about a possible difference between the anime and game. So I am talking game only. Was the family going to kill Haruka in the game if Kanata ever treated her nicely?

I say Kanata is not jealous of her sister having escaped. But that she is angry at Haruka for making Kanata's life harder by causing trouble, despite what Kanata does for her all the time. She is jealous of how free her sister gets to act and stuff. Sorry if that was not clear.

Where or when did this happen? That is all I'm asking!
Lol! Sorry I just realized I made a mistake. I was believing I was talking to you in the anime thread which Haruka directly said that if she did not act mean to Haruka, they would kill her. That's anime only from what I see.

Anyway to actually answer the question, Kanata was being mean to Haruka for another purpose and that is to push Haruka out of the school. By pushing Haruka out of the school and forcing her to live elsewhere, Haruka would be completely free from the shackles and power influences of the family. That's her main purposes. Her other purposes to be mean to Haruka is to prevent any attacks towards Haruka directly from the family. If Kanata "attacks" the Haruka, there is no need for the family intervene who definitely could do worse things to Haruka and this time Kanata as well since she's not being mean enough. Kanata pretty much pick the route where least damage could happen.

Here is a really good post by Klashikari that he posted in the anime thread. I think you might have missed it but it explains everything. Klashikari got fed up with the adaptation heh so he posted a through explanation of it:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=78

Also you should not use the word "jealous". She's never jealous in any way. Upset? Yes. Jealous. Never.
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 01:01   Link #188
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Lol! Sorry I just realized I made a mistake. I was believing I was talking to you in the anime thread which Haruka directly said that if she did not act mean to Haruka, they would kill her. That's anime only from what I see.
There is a big misunderstanding here: the anime didn't explicit state the family would kill her either.
What Kanata said in the anime is EXACTLY the same as in the VN: the choice of words are ambiguous, and it is never stated any of them would be killed, but "culled" and Kanata couldn't bear the fact Haruka might "disappear".
Quote:
Also you should not use the word "jealous". She's never jealous in any way. Upset? Yes. Jealous. Never.
This is even more obvious in Kanata's route, as she never felt envious to Haruka.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 03:02   Link #189
Zankoku12
Pupupu ~
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
The only scene that I can think of that is close to Kanata's statement in the anime is this
Spoiler for Haruka's route:


I've always intercepted it as if Kanata wasn't listen to their order and be mean to Haruka,she would be no different than Haruka to them and they would get rid of both.
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 23:26   Link #190
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santa Barbara
Age: 22
Well instead of the usual "JC screwed up this thing!" complaints, how about something that JC staff is doing better than the VN?

I feel they are making Rin's relationships with the girls seem a lot more credible than the VN, and Refrain's ending scenes will benefit all the more because of it. I didn't really believe that Rin was that close with Komari whatsoever in Refrain, so that scene missed the emotional punch completely. By establishing Rin's relationships with the girls better in this story, the development will seem much more natural. Yet at the same time they have done well to establish that Rin is still socially awkward and has difficulty expressing herself. So it's not like she's recovered from her issues or anything.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 23:42   Link #191
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well instead of the usual "JC screwed up this thing!" complaints, how about something that JC staff is doing better than the VN?

I feel they are making Rin's relationships with the girls seem a lot more credible than the VN, and Refrain's ending scenes will benefit all the more because of it. I didn't really believe that Rin was that close with Komari whatsoever in Refrain, so that scene missed the emotional punch completely. By establishing Rin's relationships with the girls better in this story, the development will seem much more natural. Yet at the same time they have done well to establish that Rin is still socially awkward and has difficulty expressing herself. So it's not like she's recovered from her issues or anything.
Agree. One thing I love about the adaptation is how they're trying to make the Little Busters all feel like a team. The game kinda lost that since the LB team would always seem to awkwardly disband after the baseball game once you went down a non-Rin route.

And I wish there was some more Rin/Komari scenes in the game as well. Best would have been one where we go to Rin's POV and see the two girls really bond and enter a deep relationship (I think the bathing scene was supposed to do that but it kinda just fell flat as a fanservice CG).
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 00:43   Link #192
Zankoku12
Pupupu ~
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
The problem here is the way they trying to made the group come together.
For example,the twin make up scene,I wouldn't feel very comfortable telling my traumatic life story in front of a bunch of people I barely know.It's feel weird.
They also didn't explain the how Haruka become close to Kurugaya and started calling her Anego.

And Rin went through thousands of loops just to establish relationship with everyone so imagined the thousands times Rin/Komari spent together.
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 20:58   Link #193
Ringil
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
The problem here is the way they trying to made the group come together.
For example,the twin make up scene,I wouldn't feel very comfortable telling my traumatic life story in front of a bunch of people I barely know.It's feel weird.
They also didn't explain the how Haruka become close to Kurugaya and started calling her Anego.

And Rin went through thousands of loops just to establish relationship with everyone so imagined the thousands times Rin/Komari spent together.
In the anime continuity, I don't feel like they barely know each other. After all, they all went through a lot together. For example, it appears that they all went through the Komari together along with the common route stuff. To me it seems like quite a bit of time has passed, enough so that they truly feel like friends.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 01:59   Link #194
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
I can't agree when it comes to some characters.
Mio and Kengo are the characters that really barely know the others, because, let's face it, both hardly had any interactions with the other.

Showing them as a group doesn't mean they really know each other well, especially if they actually show what they are doing together.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 22:17   Link #195
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santa Barbara
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I can't agree when it comes to some characters.
Mio and Kengo are the characters that really barely know the others, because, let's face it, both hardly had any interactions with the other.

Showing them as a group doesn't mean they really know each other well, especially if they actually show what they are doing together.
Sure, but it's not like they shoe horned Mio into that scene in the last episode. They seem to understand that much. Kengo wasn't present there at the end either.

But they have been doing a good job at establishing more of a group connection in the individual arcs than the VN which was just nonexistent more or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
The problem here is the way they trying to made the group come together.
For example,the twin make up scene,I wouldn't feel very comfortable telling my traumatic life story in front of a bunch of people I barely know.It's feel weird.
They also didn't explain the how Haruka become close to Kurugaya and started calling her Anego.
I don't get why she would feel so awkward. The drama has been taking place in front of the little busters members from the start, in some ways they've been almost as involved as Haruka in the affair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
And Rin went through thousands of loops just to establish relationship with everyone so imagined the thousands times Rin/Komari spent together.
First of all we don't know how many loops they actually went through. As far as we know, each route was a loop and that was it. Second, offscreen exposition is not a good way to do any sort of development.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 03:29   Link #196
Zankoku12
Pupupu ~
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't get why she would feel so awkward. The drama has been taking place in front of the little busters members from the start, in some ways they've been almost as involved as Haruka in the affair.



First of all we don't know how many loops they actually went through. As far as we know, each route was a loop and that was it. Second, offscreen exposition is not a good way to do any sort of development.
I was actually talking about Kanata's scene.Rin,Komari and Kurugaya's existence doesn't really needed in it,they just stand there to watch,seriously ? At least give them a line to said.

Haruka's scene was weird too in a lesser degree.It just feel forced and unnatural.And the problem would easily been solved if they show more Haruka's interaction with LB members beforehand rather than just make everybody conveniently appeared whenever drama happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
First of all we don't know how many loops they actually went through. As far as we know, each route was a loop and that was it. Second, offscreen exposition is not a good way to do any sort of development.
We don't know how many loops happened but we can't never dismiss the chance that each route might happened a dozen of times before Refrain happened.
Spoiler for Spoiler:


It wasn't all offscreen,they just show a bit of this and bit of that in each route.For example in Kanata's route,Komari and Rin are showed doing class duty and go shopping for cat food together.
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 16:38   Link #197
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Good thing they hinted that the girls harassing Kud will most likely be the same who will just "bully" (or trying to ) Yuiko.
That said... I just don't get why they pull Sasami now, especially this late... It just doesn't make sense considering how hardly contribute to anything except maybe Rin's growth (to which was completely ignored, save for her interactions with Komari in a "off screen" degree), but that's that...

Also, I assume they are implying a Kanata's route at some point, otherwise the fact they "remember" what happened during the previous loop and stay friendly towards each other doesn't make sense at all.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 18:32   Link #198
Zankoku12
Pupupu ~
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Aren't those girls also the one who badmouth Rin,make fun of Kud when the loli looked for roommate and then became Riki's top suspect for Mio's missing book ? Gosh those girls got so many roles I can see they're gonna have a"bright" future in front of them.

The episodes summary said raging meow ball event is also next so they just combine that with the love mission for convenient sake...
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 10:08   Link #199
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Things they implied:
Kanata Route -- somehow, somewhere
Many-Worlds Interpretation foreshadowing. Awesome.
Apparently the now non-players somehow keep some of their memories as "past events", like how Rin became in Refrain

...my bets goes to Key interference.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 18:27   Link #200
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas, USA
Age: 23
Seeing Haruka and Futaki still being in good terms in episode 19 was an interesting touch. Their reconciliation and love for each other even transcends time resets.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part III: Rebellion (JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL HOLY CRAP)
Wake Up, Girls!
Kill la Kill
The Garden of Words
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.