AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-10, 04:05   Link #2861
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^you do know she still beat the crap out of her opponents even with shoes on and her annoying playing style where she put an end to the fight by winning small hands but enough for her to win over the first place. Its hard to look at Toyone there when she cried
Worry not, the monkey will make her pay hard for her sins.

I beg of you Shizu, you're the only one who can do it. Please get to the finals and smash that Kan-spamming brat once and for all ... the short haired one, not the blonde.
Old 2013-02-10, 05:06   Link #2862
Marina2

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

I beg of you Shizu, you're the only one who can do it. Please get to the finals and smash that Kan-spamming brat once and for all ... the short haired one, not the blonde.
Yes, Shizu. Please show your power and stop rinshan in its action.

Especially, if Saki is chaining it 3 times in row, and you can make saki miss her winning tile.
Old 2013-02-10, 05:16   Link #2863
eavein18

(I got the feeling that Saki is not well liked here .___.)(wonder why)

Happy Chinese New Year For those who celebrate it

May you have a good year ^^
eavein18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 06:05   Link #2864
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
I wouldn't say that Saki was not well liked, she's actually one of my favorite characters. But, I have to admit she does make an epic final boss without even consciously trying for the title.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that Shizu's ability is not 'imagine breaker' or she wouldn't use it against Saki for the monkey's sake. The last time a power suppressor was around Saki, it broke into pieces even when it was in another room. Beside that, I have a feeling that successfully stopping Saki's rinshan kaihou is not going to work out for the best interest of her opponents. Rinshan Kaihou and Saki's obsession with winning with that yaku is one of the few weakspots in her play. Its a pattern that one can exploit. But, there has been a handful of evidence now that it is not a pattern that she must adhere to.

On balance, I believe Saki's tendency to limit herself to rinshan is more of a liability/handicap than anything else. If Shizu or anyone else decided to disable that yaku, it might prompt Saki to decide to aim for other yakus which as the show has shown she's perfectly able to do. So yeah...
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 06:33   Link #2865
tsunade666

Saki's playing style is pretty versatile. She even manage to change her playing style to detect Momo. She can use rinshan kaihou to win or to use it to advance the tile or stop someone from winning or just win the normal way.

I like Saki but she is scary specially her last fight where she discarded the tile she got from rinshan kaihou. Even the people watching are getting scared heck the pro player that watching it commented that what a monster.

I like Saki but I don't like her playing style that kept to +-0

Specially her last fight where Himematsu was allowed to win because Saki allowed it. Her last winning score is just 400/800. Its barely enough to take the first place. She can win higher score which was proven when she was chasing Koromo but she can also hold back the score. She has perfect control over it that after the fight and you realize how much of a monster is your opponent you begun to get angry and scared. You can't understand her much which unlike her sister which is sure to get higher score for each round. Saki will do whatever suit here.
Old 2013-02-10, 06:34   Link #2866
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
The last time a power suppressor was around Saki, it broke into pieces even when it was in another room. Beside that, I have a feeling that successfully stopping Saki's rinshan kaihou is not going to work out for the best interest of her opponents. Rinshan Kaihou and Saki's obsession with winning with that yaku is one of the few weakspots in her play. Its a pattern that one can exploit. But, there has been a handful of evidence now that it is not a pattern that she must adhere to.

On balance, I believe Saki's tendency to limit herself to rinshan is more of a liability/handicap than anything else. If Shizu or anyone else decided to disable that yaku, it might prompt Saki to decide to aim for other yakus which as the show has shown she's perfectly able to do. So yeah...
So the monocle is the suppressor ? I got the impression that it is a power-sensor (cloud up when someone is emitting strong aura) and the ability to prevent tenpai is from Sae her self (since she almost pass out from blocking Hatsumi).

^^; Yea like 2-turn-kokushi tenpai Saki made at the beginning of the series.

And in the match against Kasumi, Saki win a mangan without rinshan...

*Random thought*

*sigh* If I were Hisa, I would drag Saki to a psychologist and give her medicine to *stabilize* her mood because I feel Saki's biggest obstacle is her self (and her unstable mood which result in unstable hax)

*Even more random thought*

If Shizu really did have IB and use it on Saki... it's a 50% chance that both Miyanaga will have a record of making their opponent rushed to the hospital... (50-50 depends on Saki's current mood)
Old 2013-02-10, 06:53   Link #2867
eavein18

Quote:

Specially her last fight where Himematsu was allowed to win because Saki allowed it. Her last winning score is just 400/800. Its barely enough to take the first place. She can win higher score which was proven when she was chasing Koromo but she can also hold back the score. She has perfect control over it that after the fight and you realize how much of a monster is your opponent you begun to get angry and scared. You can't understand her much which unlike her sister which is sure to get higher score for each round. Saki will do whatever suit here.
Come to think about it, to her opponent, Saki did look like an evil overlord.... (I'm so slow T_T)

Wonder what Kyouko's reaction would be if she somehow can see that Saki is *afraid* of her...
Old 2013-02-10, 07:36   Link #2868
NeutralZero

So what is/was exactly Saki's sins?
The fact that she wins? Made someone cry?
If so then all of them are in the same boat...
Indeed Shizu manage to prevent 2 out of 3 haitei from Koromo but there's still that 1/3 chance and there's no moon at that time...
Shizu's situation will be similar to that cat during the finals of Saki S1.
There's two OP demon and focusing in either of them and not the both of them is suicidal...
Hope Shiratodai wins first place...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 08:17   Link #2869
Marina2

Quote:
It not that I dislike her ,but recently, she seems too strong.

With Awai turn out to be weaker than we thought, there has to be other person at the table that can at least make Saki shock or else the game will be too easy. (I'm hoping that someone from Rinkai can do that)

What will make the final match difference from the past matches is that we already known all characters/teams as well as their playstyle in that game , so the plot like "I will do nothing untill other players show what they got (+finish their flashback), then I will start to move" like what Saki usually do should not work here. (Hopefully)

Most part of chapters in final round will focus purely on the game, and if Saki can easily dominate everyone from the start, it will be boring right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
There's two OP demon and focusing in either of them and not the both of them is suicidal...
Quote:
If Shizu really did have IB and use it on Saki... it's a 50% chance that both Miyanaga will have a record of making their opponent rushed to the hospital... (50-50 depends on Saki's current mood)
Eh, no. We are talking about Shizuno here. Even if she's a monkey, She's the immortal monkey. You can't kill her or make her pain or make her lose hope.
Old 2013-02-10, 09:20   Link #2870
NeutralZero

Isn't an immortal monkey far worst than a strong character?
Even if she is immortal as per se it really doesn't equate her for being invincible so she's still beatable...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2013-02-10 at 09:34. Reason: add on
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 10:16   Link #2871
Marina2

Quote:
Isn't an immortal monkey far worst than a strong character?
Even if she is immortal as per se it really doesn't equate her for being invincible so she's still beatable...
Not sure if you know that I was joking with that comment....but since we are at it....

(Lecture time)

When you fight with Monster, you don't fight with power, you fight with the will and the motivation! When your will power is stonger than monsters' confidence, they will start to lost their confidence and become weaker or lose their clam.

Remember: What important is will, hope and motivation! Even "strong" characters like Saki has become nothing but an air when she lost them. (well, she recovered later but when she was in that state, shewas nothing but the air on the table. ).

And from what I see, Shizuno, so far, is one of few character in Saki franchise that never lost her will, she didn't need Yuri partner or teammates to cheer her up from the despair (when she was in a dire situation). She has everything she need to fight monster player. She is very suitable to be one of 4 players in the final round's captain match even if she can't win.

TL;DR : I didn't say that Shizuno can win Saki or being unbeatable. What I say is that Shizuno won't just be there to get rape without trying to fight back. Causing annoyance and chaos on the table are the best thing she can do and that's all I ask from her character.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:10   Link #2872
aly_angelflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
With Awai turn out to be weaker than we thought, there has to be other person at the table that can at least make Saki shock or else the game will be too easy. (I'm hoping that someone from Rinkai can do that)
Their captain, Nelly, was already revealed to have some sort of flow ability, so... maybe by disrupting Saki's table control?
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 12:26   Link #2873
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Their captain, Nelly, was already revealed to have some sort of flow ability, so... maybe by disrupting Saki's table control?
The way I see it, it's a premonition of chaos Imagine if her flow got disrupted and she got angry because of that

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 13:08   Link #2874
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aly_angelflight View Post
Can anyone confirm that Nelly plays the captain position?

Because if this is the case, and afterward Rinkai advances to the final, then for the first time we will be having a captain battle made entirely of first years.

It would be funny since captain match is consider the most stressful position. One would rather expect a more experienced and composed third year vaterian for that position, and yet those top rank teams just let buncha young players running amock. Not that I'm complaining.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 14:04   Link #2875
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Nope, we have no clue who it'll be. It's either Nelly or Cho though because i'm sure Megan didn't switch positions and Hao doesn't seem like captain material.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 18:00   Link #2876
darkchez11

well with the current development of saki no wonder some may think she fit to be the final boss damn even her theme songs suits for a villain (overwhelming power comes, God or demon, domain of God)
Old 2013-02-11, 17:05   Link #2877
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
Actually it just show her the pass to the best outcome she can, meaning some can still win before her, it 's less likely but we know that someone like Teru can bypass Toki's vision.
But Ryuuk'as foresight is that she can see her final hand, unlike Toki's who can see her opponents next discards, and when they are about win with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
is used to player calling left and right and winning quilckly (Yuki is a prime exemple) so it wouldn't change much for her.
As for Awai chalenging Saki for the dead wall I see it more as making Saki job easier.The Kan come after the Riichi so Awai as to throw away what is Saki wining till if Saki is already tempai Playing automatically in her hand or at least quickening it.
I'm merely saying that if calling chiis and kans make Seiko less of a cake walk, because otherwise Nodoka won't really get a challenge from the champion school, and I'm all for Arata being Nodoka's challenge, but I want to her to really be pushed in her finals match, just like how Yuuki and Saki are clearly going to be.
Yes, but you forget about Awai's 5 shaten, meaning she's save to call kan and not be ronned by Saki. Plus what if its a case of Saki only having a valid Yaku is through Rinshan Kaihou

Quote:
I just realize that o_o

If Saki can get to tenpai fast enough, Awai will get ronned badly

(Just for Fun)

5 step on how to beat Kiyosumi :

1) Yuki : Eat her tacos in front of her

2) Mako : Force her to wear contact lenses

3) Hisa : Steal her rubber band

4) Nodoka : Hide Etopen

5) Saki : Use a mask with Teru motif (this method have 50-50 chance of working or getting dai-min-kan-ed)
1) Seems that they will make sure Yuuki eats her tacos before she leaves for the playing hall now

2) Mako can still sense other players hands when they are coming together.

3) I don't think that rubber band means anything

4) Yeah real smart, give Saki something to pissed off about.

5) Add this to 4 and you just made yourself the worst enemy of Saki. Although if you also eat Yuuki's tacos in front of Yuuki, may also send Saki into extreme rape mode with you as her target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
How can you be sure? Eagle-eyed Harue was able to notice Sumire's tell that no one in Shiraitodai knows about... it could be the amount of tacos Yuuki is munching at a time or how Mako is smirking or how flushed Nodoka's face is... it could be anything that connects to what they're about to do...
Well, I don't really see Harue doing expansive research on Kiyosumi like she did with Shiraitodai. And Nodoka's facing being flushed only tells you she's in Nodocii mode, not with what she's planning. I think Hisa makes Yuuki eat her tacos before she leaves for matches now, so as to not have them get eaten by someone else. I'd find it really odd if Hisa never noticed if Mako had a tell, you know who is implied to be her yuri partner (yes, yes everyone seems to prefer Hisa with Mihoko, but don't forget Mako is more of the canon choice), I know you all probably all going to say, but Teru never noticed Sumire's, but thing is Mako was pretty much the only person who Hisa could play in her 2nd year, where as Teru didn't just have Sumire throughout her high school live

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Well, it did give Saki a scare until she realized that Yumi is not her onee-chan... as you said, Hisa did a good job of improving her teammates overall skill specially with Maho that Saki realize that others can also do what she can do...

I would love to see how Harue will prep Shizu to stop a Miyanaga comeback...
I could see it now, Saki goes to pull it off, only for Shizu to rob her of her kan and shocking everyone that there is someone besides Teru who could stop Saki from pulling off amazing comeback hands.

Of course I'd love it was a 13 orphans, after we had yakuman spams from Takami, a renchen yakuman from Yuuki, Teru snowballing into her nine gates, having Kuro pull of 4 melded kan with it being a dora bomb, have Mako get an all greens yakuman, because damn it she deserves after all the crap she went through with Kaori, even make Hisa have high scoring hell wait. I can't think of anything else amazing for the others to do. But it'd be funny if this happened and they had to keep changing pros because of the ridiculous fetes the girls are pulling off and causing the pros to faint each, with it finishing with the last pro just going 'Screw it, I'm done' and leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
The way to defeat Saki is obviously to make sure she's wearing shoes.

I can see it now

*Two hands into the match*

Shizu: "Hold up a second!" *Proceeds to get under the table*

Awai: "What's going on"

Saki: "What are you doing, stop touching me!"

Shizu: "There you go, your shoes are on nice and tight. I even took the extra effort to duct tape it on, so you can't take it off."

Saki: "NOOOOOOOOOOO, SHOES, MY KRYPTONITE, HOW DID YOU KNOW"
No, no. I see Awai being more like this:

Awai: How dare she touch Teru's younger sister, before I could eat her.
Yep I'm saying Awai would've be the one to finally get on top of Saki

Quote:
^you do know she still beat the crap out of her opponents even with shoes on and her annoying playing style where she put an end to the fight by winning small hands but enough for her to win over the first place. Its hard to look at Toyone there when she cried
Saki was already in 1st in the quarter finals also there was a chance Miyamori and Eisui could drop her into 3rd, so finishing things up with a quick/cheap hand makes alot of sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

I believe the sem-finals will be where Awai gets wet for her. So that in the finals Awai will remember her name.

Quote:
Yes, Shizu. Please show your power and stop rinshan in its action.

Especially, if Saki is chaining it 3 times in row, and you can make saki miss her winning tile.
I say have Shizu stop her as well, only for Saki to make a 4 chained kans turn into a 4 melded kans in the next round.

Quote:
I wouldn't say that Saki was not well liked, she's actually one of my favorite characters. But, I have to admit she does make an epic final boss without even consciously trying for the title.
Well Saki pretty much is Shizu's final boss.

Quote:
Anyway, I sincerely hope that Shizu's ability is not 'imagine breaker' or she wouldn't use it against Saki for the monkey's sake. The last time a power suppressor was around Saki, it broke into pieces even when it was in another room. Beside that, I have a feeling that successfully stopping Saki's rinshan kaihou is not going to work out for the best interest of her opponents. Rinshan Kaihou and Saki's obsession with winning with that yaku is one of the few weakspots in her play. Its a pattern that one can exploit. But, there has been a handful of evidence now that it is not a pattern that she must adhere to.
I'm pretty sure Sae was the one with the ability to seal hands not the monocle she borrowed from Kumakura. Although it does make me wonder how they found out Sae could seal up hands.
I think Saki would keep trying for rinshan kaihoi until she exhausts the dead wall.

Quote:
Not so sure that's true, because it seems whenever Saki wants to rinshan kaihou, the dead wall lets her, and don't forget the tiles seem to like fucking with people who aren't Miyanaga's. Just look at Toki with her foresight and Teru still being able to win, Kasumi and her having a goddess posses her, and Koromo, who couldn't sense the dangerous hand Saki was about to pull off.

Quote:
Saki's playing style is pretty versatile. She even manage to change her playing style to detect Momo. She can use rinshan kaihou to win or to use it to advance the tile or stop someone from winning or just win the normal way.
The way she saw Momo was the same way Nodoka did. Now what would be especially funny, if what Saki did was actually really early foreshadowing for Mairu/Himeko and Toki/Ryuuka combinations.

Quote:
I like Saki but I don't like her playing style that kept to +-0

Well thing is, did Saki allow her to win? Or did Kyouko pull it off herself, on one hand Saki was clearly manipulating the scores so she could win with +/-0, on the other Kyouko seemed to actually legitimately scare Saki.

Quote:
So the monocle is the suppressor ? I got the impression that it is a power-sensor (cloud up when someone is emitting strong aura) and the ability to prevent tenpai is from Sae her self (since she almost pass out from blocking Hatsumi).
That pretty muh was the prove Sae is the suppressor not the monocle. And there are other abilities that tire people out, Toki and her foresight being the next example.

Quote:
I doubt Saki would want to make her girlfriend mad, plus Shizu doesn't have Toki's sickly problems, and Shizu's ability doesn't appear to put a strain on her.

Quote:
Come to think about it, to her opponent, Saki did look like an evil overlord.... (I'm so slow T_T)

Wonder what Kyouko's reaction would be if she somehow can see that Saki is *afraid* of her...
Probably one of shock and surprise, as well as being even more scared, don't forget something that's scary when backed into a corner can be even more scarier.

Quote:
Indeed Shizu manage to prevent 2 out of 3 haitei from Koromo but there's still that 1/3 chance and there's no moon at that time...
Actually Shizu stopped 2 out of 5, and thing is she stopped Koromo after she kept doing it, meaning it could be something of, you try to use your signature winning hand, say Toki did riichi ippastsu, she pulled it off 3 times with Shizu at the table, only for her to be stopped the 4th time and every other timed she tried to do it. Seems like Shizu needs to see the opponent pull off their signature Yaku then she can stop it. Although from the looks of things her stopping the opponent from winning with their favored hands is sporadic.
Actually by having 2 monsters fight each other means that you could sneak by them a few turns, but only a few.
Also Shizu's situation is possibly different from Kana's in that she could become the 3rd dangerous player who appears this year, meaning the captains final could have 2 monsters and a monster slayer.

Quote:
It not that I dislike her ,but recently, she seems too strong.

I still see Awai as being strong, I really think people should take into account that we've reached what are probably the 8 strongest schools in Japan, meaning that the semi-finals is when Awai should start having to play seriously.

Quote:
What will make the final match difference from the past matches is that we already known all characters/teams as well as their playstyle in that game , so the plot like "I will do nothing untill other players show what they got (+finish their flashback), then I will start to move" like what Saki usually do should not work here. (Hopefully)

Most part of chapters in final round will focus purely on the game, and if Saki can easily dominate everyone from the start, it will be boring right?
I see the finals giving us the long awaited back story for Shiraitodai, explain things like why Teru wasn't placed as the captain this year, what made them chose Awai, hell they may even show how Sumire and Teru mate aswell as why those 2 seem to be ones calling the shots in the club.

And yes it would be a boring game if Saki just dominated from the start.

Quote:
When you fight with Monster, you don't fight with power, you fight with the will and the motivation! When your will power is stonger than monsters' confidence, they will start to lost their confidence and become weaker or lose their clam.

Remember: What important is will, hope and motivation! Even "strong" characters like Saki has become nothing but an air when she lost them. (well, she recovered later but when she was in that state, shewas nothing but the air on the table. ).

And from what I see, Shizuno, so far, is one of few character in Saki franchise that never lost her will, she didn't need Yuri partner or teammates to cheer her up from the despair (when she was in a dire situation). She has everything she need to fight monster player. She is very suitable to be one of 4 players in the final round's captain match even if she can't win.
This pretty much sums how Shizu will partly play in the finals. Also what the hell would happen if Shizu was to seal the deal with Ako and make her, her yuri partner? Would it mean Shizu's ability is always on, cause if so that's terrifying for someone like Saki.

Quote:
TL;DR : I didn't say that Shizuno can win Saki or being unbeatable. What I say is that Shizuno won't just be there to get rape without trying to fight back. Causing annoyance and chaos on the table are the best thing she can do and that's all I ask from her character.
Isn't she also kinda starting to do this in the semi-finals? She stopped Awai's 1st dealer streak by the looks of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aly_angelflight View Post
I doubt Nelly will be the captain, otherwise the finals will have a flow control master, 2 monsters and a potential monster slayer. Plus 4 1st years for the finals? That seems a little to risky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
The way I see it, it's a premonition of chaos Imagine if her flow got disrupted and she got angry because of that
Actually hasn't it been shown using emotions when using flow control can work against you? e.g. Touka can't enter her monster like state when she's affected by her emotions, Koromo loses her control of it when annoyed to badly, and Saki when scared can't utilize hers properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post

Because if this is the case, and afterward Rinkai advances to the final, then for the first time we will be having a captain battle made entirely of first years.

It would be funny since captain match is consider the most stressful position. One would rather expect a more experienced and composed third year vaterian for that position, and yet those top rank teams just let buncha young players running amock. Not that I'm complaining.
Rinkai only has 2 3rd years in the team, 1 is forced to be the vanguard and get the feeling Megan got to be vice-captain again this year, so that she would have a 2nd chance of playing Touka again.
That would only leave Choe for captain position, and she seems better suited for the lieutenant position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Nope, we have no clue who it'll be. It's either Nelly or Cho though because i'm sure Megan didn't switch positions and Hao doesn't seem like captain material.
Defiantly seems that Megan didn't switch places, seeing as she seemed to want a rematch with Touka.
I get the feeling that Hao would be the sergeant.
Also anyone notice that Megan is Rinkai's only team veteran from last year.

On another note, something that I would love to happen in the Individuals is have Sumire and Teru take on Nodoka and Saki.
Here's how the match could play out:
Spoiler for Note: Not to be taken Seriously:

Something else, I seriously wonder how the hell some girls discovered their abilities. Examples like Yuu and Kuro are clear cases of they noticed them, while cases like Mairu and Himeko really make you wonder, especially with how Ryuuka discovered her combination with Toki. Were Himeko and Mairu just getting closer 1 day, then their middle school adviser noticed that Himeko was getting double the amounts of Mairu's wins, or did Mairu do something to transfer her skills over to Himeko like Toki did with Ryuuka. It'd be even more hilarious if Takami, Seiko and Awai found out about their abilities after Teru played them, and she told them what she saw to them.

Last edited by Bladezer; 2013-02-11 at 17:23.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 17:54   Link #2878
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Something else, I seriously wonder how the hell some girls discovered their abilities. Examples like Yuu and Kuro are clear cases of they noticed them, while cases like Mairu and Himeko really make you wonder, especially with how Ryuuka discovered her combination with Toki. Were Himeko and Mairu just getting closer 1 day, then their middle school adviser noticed that Himeko was getting double the amounts of Mairu's wins, or did Mairu do something to transfer her skills over to Himeko like Toki did with Ryuuka. It'd be even more hilarious if Takami, Seiko and Awai found out about their abilities after Teru played them, and she told them what she saw to them.
Aren't most of them just simply born with it and discovered them later while they were playing? But yeah I'm curious how Mairu and Himeko discover theirs'. Could be that either one of them is a crane in disguise.

Quote:
I see the finals giving us the long awaited back story for Shiraitodai, explain things like why Teru wasn't placed as the captain this year, what made them chose Awai, hell they may even show how Sumire and Teru mate aswell as why those 2 seem to be ones calling the shots in the club.
And why do I get this feeling that we will be getting tons of Awai's flashbacks in the finals?

Quote:
I doubt Nelly will be the captain, otherwise the finals will have a flow control master, 2 monsters and a potential monster slayer. Plus 4 1st years for the finals? That seems a little to risky.
Actually I was hoping for that sort of outcome.

Last edited by teja208; 2013-02-11 at 18:13.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 19:28   Link #2879
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Also Shizu's situation is possibly different from Kana's in that she could become the 3rd dangerous player who appears this year, meaning the captains final could have 2 monsters and a monster slayer.
I'm not too sure about this... the last time there was a monster-slayer wannabe, she got herself crying on her seat and was on the verge of wetting her panties... (opsss... my mistake... the word panty is taboo in sakiverse... please forgive me... ) until another monster saved her ass...

Lesson learned... don't go monster-slaying in the presence of another monster because it's not just very dangerous but you could also find yourself in a world of hurt... to go up against monsters is to be a monster yourself or you'll just going to be another peon to be sacrificed...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 19:30   Link #2880
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Tell that to Yumi. Well granted she also lost, but unlike the self proclaimed monster slayer she actually did put up a battle while not being a monster herself.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri