AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-10, 13:04   Link #10581
mtgowns
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Personaly I think giving darkness Gajeel is great it should work well with his character. It allevates one concern I had that they might endup giving Natsu a half dozen added elements and the rest of the DS get nothing.
I think earth would be a good add on element for Natsu in the future lava and volcano themed attacks. Posion would also work well for Gajeel and Corba is only in prison it's not like he is dead so it's workable.
I hope they don't stack anything else on Natsu or Gajeel unless the plot's wrapping up, I think having two elements already adds plenty to their power.

I suppose Wendy will eventually get a new one.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 16:50   Link #10582
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Absorption of elements consider learning? I recall chapter 119.5 shows Natsu/Lucy learning magic transformation from Mira.

and I would like Wendy to have a new element, because her offensive abilities are low.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 17:24   Link #10583
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgowns View Post
I hope they don't stack anything else on Natsu or Gajeel unless the plot's wrapping up, I think having two elements already adds plenty to their power.

I suppose Wendy will eventually get a new one.
I wasn't thinking of them stacking a 3rd element onto the same attack I agree with you that would be too much. I was thinking more of them getting a 2nd dual element spell set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Absorption of elements consider learning? I recall chapter 119.5 shows Natsu/Lucy learning magic transformation from Mira.
The learning by eating is slayer magic specific and it already worked for Natsu so why would Gajeel try it.

Quote:
and I would like Wendy to have a new element, because her offensive abilities are low.
Before they do that I'd like them to have Wendy learn how to use her wind powers a bit offensively. I was thinking something along the lines of the wind blades that Kazuma in Kaze no stigma uses could be made into acouple of diffrent attacks.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 20:23   Link #10584
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
here my wild theory about dragonslayers magic and acnologia:

all first generation dragonslayer are able to "eat another elements" from their owns to increase their powers(gain 2, 3, 4, 5 and...) but the cost to do this is ending turning in a real dragon if they keeping increasin their powers in this way, and this is what happened with acnologia 400 years ago, he started to kill dragons and eat their powers increasing his own power until he become the "dragon of chaos"(mixing all elements = chaos) the chapter 301 (dragons king) explain the things close to this, because the emerald dragon told to then about how acnologia turning in a real dragon(by killing others dragons) and if dragonslayers keep using too much their powers their can also turning too in dragons and bla bla bla.

if natsu or gajeel starting to "eat others dragons elements" to increase their powers they ending turning in real dragons like acnologia.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 01:03   Link #10585
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I don't think Pokemon has those types yet. I notice in white version they got grass + normal and grass + metal O_o.

I always believe Gajeel was a bad match-up against Natsu due to fire. XD
Oh contraire mon frere. There IS a Dark/Steel type. His name is Bisharp. Electric/Fire, well you got me there.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 07:10   Link #10586
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Oh contraire mon frere. There IS a Dark/Steel type. His name is Bisharp. Electric/Fire, well you got me there.
Had a feeling that there maybe an Electric/Fire type, and there is if you count Rotom in Oven form.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 02:01   Link #10587
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Spoiler for 319:
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 05:39   Link #10588
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
chapters out it was incredibly boring nothing useful happened
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 06:09   Link #10589
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
New enemy from the shadows? gajeel so cool with new power !
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 06:14   Link #10590
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
There a theory the moving shadow is Obra little monster pal. What you guys think?

Gajeel offensive abilities seem pretty impressive in this chapter, his movements will be difficult to read now. The dude has the toughest skin and now this shadow ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
New enemy from the shadows? gajeel so cool with new power !
We know there was a new enemy last chapter, what took me off guard is the princess possibly be a lair.

Where is Yuikino?
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 06:45   Link #10591
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
obra's shadow pal not at all remember mavis said it was a magic she never heard of and she would've recognized the effects from when obra did his trick against lucy. the princess being a liar isn't a big deal the eclipse seems to have tons of flaws
Overall this chapter did very little to me especially bringing back the executioners that team FT crushed earlier
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 08:06   Link #10592
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Strange...each chapter I feel less and less that Arcadios is a bad guy, yet I still refuse to shake the feeling that he's one.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 09:13   Link #10593
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Gajeel has a very Natsu-like fight and wins. His method of winning was unpredictable (eating shadow). And the shadow possessing Rogue was mysterious, a magic not even Mavis knows. Apparently not the shadow dragon that attached itself to Rogue that I thought it was.

Arcadios is back and has armored up. Suppose that means he'll get into a fight. And he thinks the princess is lying, not Lucy. Was that a bad translation or a mistake in assumption last time?

Anyway, not much additional info this time, and I didn't see the title of the next chapter anywhere, so no speculation on that.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 09:19   Link #10594
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
obra's shadow pal not at all remember mavis said it was a magic she never heard of and she would've recognized the effects from when obra did his trick against lucy. the princess being a liar isn't a big deal the eclipse seems to have tons of flaws
Overall this chapter did very little to me especially bringing back the executioners that team FT crushed earlier
Obra never used his real power at the arena to our knowledge. Certainly he didn't use the power that whatever was controlling Rogue was using. As such she would not recognize it.

The princess possibly being a liar is quite notable. It lends weight to the idea that there are two time travelers, as that would explain why both Future Lucy and the Princess seem to be sincere, but tell different stories. Someone else warned the princess, while Lucy's been wandering around doing her own thing. That doesn't explain all discrepancies about future Lucy, but it's useful to know.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 11:31   Link #10595
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
next chapter fierce lightning

back to jura/laxus/ogra
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 11:40   Link #10596
mtgowns
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Obra never used his real power at the arena to our knowledge. Certainly he didn't use the power that whatever was controlling Rogue was using. As such she would not recognize it.

The princess possibly being a liar is quite notable. It lends weight to the idea that there are two time travelers, as that would explain why both Future Lucy and the Princess seem to be sincere, but tell different stories. Someone else warned the princess, while Lucy's been wandering around doing her own thing. That doesn't explain all discrepancies about future Lucy, but it's useful to know.
I thought there was something off about Arcadios and the Princess but for the looks it appears that she's the one driving the ship. I dunno about her being a time traveler itself, but you might be on the right track. She's letting the outcome of the GMG dictate her future actions, meaning she knows what's going to happen afterwards. She mentioned about employing something equivalent to Etherion to stop the dragon's arrival but that has "backfire" written all over it (could Future Lucy's experience be a result of that?)

You're also right that there could be no liars - the discrepancies might stem from experiencing the future from different lenses, or that neither has a full grasp of what truly transpired.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 11:53   Link #10597
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
too SHORT!!!

not enough development here...

so Gajeel won easily with his hax power.... and Natsu's team are facing a tough battle
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 12:04   Link #10598
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Maivs is still pretty old and it's not like she has been 'walking the earth' since her passing. New magic has been developed since her time but I doubt if the shadow thing is one of those newer ones. If it does turn out to be Obra... ><;

Trying to come up with a way to explain how a Dragon Slayer can eat and assume the properties of elements other than their base element is going to be tricky... For Natsu, it was well and good for him to empty out his own magic to take in Zancrow's, but Zan-y also used fire so it wasn't much of a stretch to see the plausibility of it. For the lightning...Laxus gave Natsu a staggering amount of power, so much that apparently, Natsu's body has a permament copy of Laxus' lightning.

But now, Gajeel has displayed that a DS can injest another element and utilize it with their own to create a fusion type. I wonder if they are able to do that since they are the 1st Gen DS...however, Rogue and Sting were also trained by actual Dragons so they would/should be able to accomplish the same, if that theory was correct. Another one would be that they have to be of a sufficient level and 'eat' the element in a certain way to injest its properties to be able to use it.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 12:13   Link #10599
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
*sigh* Fairy Tail's fights get less interesting with each chapter. So predictable, with good guys winning easy fights. This might be epic for some but pretty boring for me.
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 12:15   Link #10600
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgowns View Post
I thought there was something off about Arcadios and the Princess but for the looks it appears that she's the one driving the ship. I dunno about her being a time traveler itself, but you might be on the right track. She's letting the outcome of the GMG dictate her future actions, meaning she knows what's going to happen afterwards. She mentioned about employing something equivalent to Etherion to stop the dragon's arrival but that has "backfire" written all over it (could Future Lucy's experience be a result of that?)

You're also right that there could be no liars - the discrepancies might stem from experiencing the future from different lenses, or that neither has a full grasp of what truly transpired.
I'm not saying that the princess herself is a time traveler. Remember, she says that someone claiming to be from the future told her 10,000 dragons would attack Fiore, and told her the outcome of the tournament as proof they were from the future.

What I'm saying is that Arcadios is just assuming that mysterious person that spoke with the princess was future Lucy, but he's mistaken and it was actually a different person that we haven't seen.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.