AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2013-02-14, 11:26   Link #1701
Vigo
too lazy to post

Vergil's Downfall Preview

Lol at that hair. Now they make sure that Vergil looks even closer to DMC3 Vergil. This backpedaling is amazing to watch.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 12:29   Link #1702
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Now, despite that, they had things their way, very likely expecting to attract new Western fans by making the new Dante more similar to your average Western comic/video-game hero (read: anti-establishment, angry (in the youngster way), smartass, lone-dog, hardcore... etc...) and by making the game easier. They also probably thought that if they made the stages more flashy, that'd give them further praise. However, they didn't sell even half as they had officially fore-casted and the fanbase is angry at them, because of that and due to NT's unprofessional behaviour which we all know already.
lol

If anything the original Dante was closer to the Western iconic superheroes than the DmC one is. Even if you have some anti-establishment or lone-wolf heroes like Batman, they all have something they excel at that justifies their high reputation as a hero. Batman scares everyone except the Joker. Everyone knows Superman is strong. Spiderman is confident and Peter Parker is known for throwing witty one-liners. Even Wolverine is respected as a veteran mutant among the XMen.

Meanwhile you have DmC Dante who looks like a street punk wanting to pick a fight. In fact, the early trailers where Poison demands to know "Who the fuck are you?!" perfectly describes his image. Instead of being an actual tough guy with a reputation, he is a nobody that no one really respects.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 13:57   Link #1703
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If anything the original Dante was closer to the Western iconic superheroes than the DmC one is. Even if you have some anti-establishment or lone-wolf heroes like Batman, they all have something they excel at that justifies their high reputation as a hero. Batman scares everyone except the Joker. Everyone knows Superman is strong. Spiderman is confident and Peter Parker is known for throwing witty one-liners. Even Wolverine is respected as a veteran mutant among the XMen.

Meanwhile you have DmC Dante who looks like a street punk wanting to pick a fight. In fact, the early trailers where Poison demands to know "Who the fuck are you?!" perfectly describes his image. Instead of being an actual tough guy with a reputation, he is a nobody that no one really respects.
Well, yes, my bad. I wasn't thinking about the old heroes when I wrote that.
I was thinking more about your modern hero in Western comics and video games, who have lately been leaning more toward being anti-heroes, and as such they're written as renegades, anti-social, anti-establishment, borderline-nihilists, hedonists, smartasses, street-punks, gangsters, vigilantes, delinquents or former delinquents, etc... Mix two or more of those traits and you get your modern hero/anti-hero.

Not that I have anything against that. I love my anti-heroes. However, I just don't think there was any need to change Dante into that type of character, just to make what they thought was cool, especially when Dante was an iconic character already.
Old 2013-02-14, 17:11   Link #1704
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

They are clearly trying to make a savings throw with Vergil's Downfall. I think it may be a little too late for that.
Old 2013-02-14, 17:59   Link #1705
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Well, yes, my bad. I wasn't thinking about the old heroes when I wrote that.
I was thinking more about your modern hero in Western comics and video games, who have lately been leaning more toward being anti-heroes, and as such they're written as renegades, anti-social, anti-establishment, borderline-nihilists, hedonists, smartasses, street-punks, gangsters, vigilantes, delinquents or former delinquents, etc... Mix two or more of those traits and you get your modern hero/anti-hero.
Speaking of those kind of heroes, imho those kind are quite common now a days, they don't have longevity, once the story is finish it's hard to follow up the story again, unlike older heroes that established and made a mark and became icons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Vergil's Downfall Preview

Lol at that hair. Now they make sure that Vergil looks even closer to DMC3 Vergil. This backpedaling is amazing to watch.
No matter how they backtrack now, people now that played the game that had bugs will probably take a step back and people who do not like the direction of there the reboot will not support this, it's pretty much a given it won't sell as well as the old titles as proven.
Old 2013-02-14, 19:12   Link #1706
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
Couldn't help but think of that silly meme picture when I saw that panel... Do they eat? They're so boney.
The artist probably thought he could convince us to sympathize with them if Donte & Vorgil showed them feels. Literally.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube

YouTube
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 01:37   Link #1707
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Here's an idiot that replied to me on youtube.

Quote:
I am a DMC Fan for along time. But DmC wasn't that bad...Other then the characters looks and some of his acting...The Visual was good. The game ran 230fps smooth. Graphics were amazingly stunning. I've in joined the game. You got to learn to move on...Not Every Series are going to be the same each development...
Graphics where just blurry fragments of red, orange and lighting effects.
Old 2013-02-15, 01:43   Link #1708
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Maybe thats a typo
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 02:00   Link #1709
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Typo or not every development on a game series needs to get better.
Not to go backwards.
Old 2013-02-15, 03:50   Link #1710
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sometimes it's okay to move backwards. Find one's roots or something like that. DmC's problem isn't finding its roots. It took what we knew and took 5 marathons back to before even DMC1. I'm going to say it clearly, that DmC has smoother combat and better visuals than 1, but as a game overall the original just flat out beats the reboot. You cvan't do combos in the original like you can in the reboot, but there's that satisfaction from killing stuff and bosses that just doesn't seem to be given in reboot. The style meter and end rank, despite not nearly as perfected as the current gen extreme HnS, is far more fair than the reboot's.

I have far more comparisons to make but it'd end up a huge rant more likely than not.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 04:08   Link #1711
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In short they made a new game using the DMC franchise name.
Old 2013-02-15, 05:19   Link #1712
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
that DmC has smoother combat and better visuals than 1
If a PS3 game couldn't beat a PS2 game at that... Oh, and that PS2 game is also 12 years old, so...
Old 2013-02-15, 05:48   Link #1713
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well... those are objective points... I can't really outright lie on these things. Though generally the moves are more than just a bit underwhelming for my taste. Same goes the weapons. Despite only having 3 weapons to choose from in devil arms and roughly 4 guns in DMC1(correct me if I'm wrong) each one felt like it had its own personality. Not just from how you obtain them, just from the way they work and how they're used. You get a sense of power from them. Watching LPs of DmC just made me more than a bit disappointed. Each weapon acquisition just feels tacked on and says in a blunt point "Here's new toys. Now go play.".

Gah... the rant is leaking out.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 08:05   Link #1714
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
If a PS3 game couldn't beat a PS2 game at that... Oh, and that PS2 game is also 12 years old, so...
Uh, DmC's graphics blow DMC 1-3 out of the water. It steps back from DMC4's tho.
Old 2013-02-15, 20:32   Link #1715
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Graphically speaking, it's just make up the only thing impressive is the scripted moving platform.

Ahh...Chaos Legion you where better.

http://www.1zoom.net/big/85/26198-leon.jpg
Old 2013-02-15, 21:39   Link #1716
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Despite only having 3 weapons to choose from in devil arms and roughly 4 guns in DMC1(correct me if I'm wrong) each one felt like it had its own personality. Not just from how you obtain them, just from the way they work and how they're used. You get a sense of power from them. Watching LPs of DmC just made me more than a bit disappointed. Each weapon acquisition just feels tacked on and says in a blunt point "Here's new toys. Now go play.".

Gah... the rant is leaking out.
I felt that was an awsome aspect in DMC 3 like for example Agni and Rudra who became really memorable to me. These guys as boss were really entertaining and obtaining them felt more deserving then like for example the slum queen's weapon in DmC who was just a bitchy obstacle. Her weapon (Those large fists) didn't even represent her ability.

And it was not like Ninja Theory took any tips or advice from the fans regarding stuff like above, see below:

Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 23:53   Link #1717
Vigo
too lazy to post

So according to cream Dino may Cry did ~187k combined in US.

In contrast DMC 4 did ~295k and ~233k on Xbox and PS3 respectively in US.

It means DmC < 1 million ww. Ni no Kuni sold more than DmC on PS3 or Xbox in US.

I know it's petty and all but:

@ kenjiharima

Oh fuck. I love Chaos Legion. I know people say it's a bad action game but I adore it.

Last edited by Vigo; 2013-02-16 at 11:42.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 01:26   Link #1718
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Oh fuck. I love Chaos Legion. I know people say it's a bad action game but I adore it.
Chaos Legion is a fun game, I still have my copy.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 01:33   Link #1719
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Uh, DmC's graphics blow DMC 1-3 out of the water.
I'm not saying the opposite. My point was it's useless comparison, because a PS3 game would obviously look better than a PS2 one, especially when there's a 12 years difference in terms of tech.
Old 2013-02-16, 02:14   Link #1720
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Don't join a DMC forum. The one i'm on is atrocious.

They're bashing rising now.. because it's getting well received from the people who have played it. I want DmC to die already.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote