AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-29, 21:45   Link #21
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Would you say that Invisibility is an advantage on par with Silver Crow's flight, and therefore concievably a basic power that a Level 1 character could have?


I wonder if the reason Yellow Radio doesn't seem to have such a power stems from a subconscious desire to be seen and admired or feared. Invisibility would surely be a great Yellow power, but not all Yellows are so humble.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 19:06   Link #22
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I bet that the Aqua Current avatar was born from Kurrent's desire to be ambiguous.

In the manga (and I think the light novels), Kurrent's gender is left unknown, and her avatar is androgynous rather than feminine.

What if Kurrent wanted to be "pure" and uncomplicated? Genderless. To be taken for who she is rather than what? Further, to keep a level head and exclude undesirable elements, like inconvenient emotions and sentiments.

So her avatar is not merely genderless, but also made of pure, nearly-formless water. A body that is physical but nearly shapeless.

Her own Incarnate Technique, Memory Leak, may be born from a strong desire to erase the memory of anyone who learns her true gender, resetting their relationship to a point she's more comfortable with. (Though fortunately for her, Memory Leak is useful for much more than that. Such as also hiding her identity entirely from someone she's just met.)
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 21:57   Link #23
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
You know, it occurs to me that we've never seen Ash Roller's special move.

There's the Vertical Climb he got at Level 2, and then the missiles he got by the next time he appears on-screen, but he should have had a special move even at Level 1.

Obviously, it has to be dependent on his bike, because in the Light Novels the fight wasn't decided with a single Headbutt after his bike was caught. He actually got off and tried to duke it out with Silver Crow.

Taking that kind of damage, especially after inflicting so much, his Special Meter would have been full enough to use any kind of special move, unless it depended on his bike.


So, what is it? Some kind of super-ramming charge, perhaps? Perhaps with an energy-shield to protect him while he rushes in?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 16:43   Link #24
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
You say special move, I imagine AR doing a wheelie and splattering his opponent to grand effect

...unless, that actually IS the case. What else can a bike do, stunts?
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 09:51   Link #25
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
We also don't know what Sky Raker's Special Move is. It would not be the Gale Thruster.

I think she said her greatest weapons were her legs.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 02:14   Link #26
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Would you say that Invisibility is an advantage on par with Silver Crow's flight, and therefore concievably a basic power that a Level 1 character could have?


I wonder if the reason Yellow Radio doesn't seem to have such a power stems from a subconscious desire to be seen and admired or feared. Invisibility would surely be a great Yellow power, but not all Yellows are so humble.
I'd say no, remember the compass that allows them to know your general direction at all times.

Now, it would still be difficult to aim and nigh impossible to judge distance but you're not going to sneak up on them or anything.

Especially since Yellow Radio's only weapon is apparently(?) short-range.


Also, I've seen light novel content mentioned here.

Please use clearly marked spoiler tags, this is an [Anime] thread.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 08:34   Link #27
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
I'd say no, remember the compass that allows them to know your general direction at all times.
The difficulty of judging distance still makes Invisibility a great power. Of course, the closer the Yellow gets, the more care he needs to take in not giving himself away through disturbing the environment. But an avatar made to be invisible would be designed to move gracefully and silently.

As long as they don't see you coming, it doesn't matter if the cursor is pointing right at you, they have no way of knowing whether you're in spitting distance.

Even on a flat, open field, with no walls or cover to hide behind, you could be standing far away, outside of their range for all they know.

They would have to know you have Invisibility to respond properly, and they would also have to assume you are aware of their own best ranges. If they are Blue, they have to assume you're keeping your distance, and if they are Red they have to assume you mean to ambush them.


Invisibility becomes worse in the UNF. In a duel, you KNOW an opponent has to be there, and there's at least the cursor. In the UNF, you have no way of knowing whether an opponent is there until you get lucky or unlucky, and there's no cursor to help you find them.


Quote:
Especially since Yellow Radio's only weapon is apparently(?) short-range.
His baton is short-range, though I don't doubt he can throw it -- it might even be able to return to him. It's possibly also a Rare Drop, just as all of the old Kings have for weapons.

The rest of Radio's abilities absolutely cannot be short-range, because his Pure Yellow color does not favor one range over the other.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 21:09   Link #28
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
In regards to Green avatars, I once tried to think of an example which didn't rely on being tough, but rather approached "defense" from the direction of agility.

For example, a Green dancer that would be fast enough to avoid all blows, but who could not deliver a significant punch, and instead had to rely on poisoned attacks and repeated strikes to wear her opponents down.

However, now I think that really doesn't work.

Brain Burst is a game that generally follows physics to an exacting degree. It makes noticeable breaks, such as reducing the likelihood of dismemberment (such that even Black Lotus needs the explicit power to chop off parts), but aside from those, it's pretty faithful.

So, rather than Strength and Agility being entirely seperate traits, there's the underlying trait of Muscle Mass.

Any avatar agile enough to rely on dodging for defense would necessarily have the muscle power to deliver powerful hits. Even if that muscle mass is primarily concentrated in the thighs (as with Blood Leopard's default humanoid form), the legs would be capable of strong kicking attacks.

Even reducing one's size and using the thinnest possible armor to increase the agility afforded by one's muscle mass wouldn't drastically reduce one's striking power.

In order for the avatar to be so weak that poison is more effective than punching, even as a speed-type, the avatar would be lacking in pure agility. She would need additional abilities to aid her defense, either in the form of distractions or decoys or mobility tricks.

In the end, she would be a greenish Yellow avatar; Yellow with a great focus on close-range combat.


Further, all Green avatars seen thus far have been focused around hard defense or negating damage.

Green Grandeur is nearly impossible to injure. Lime Bell is exceptionally tough. Olive Drab from the second OVA is a fucking TANK. Ash Roller himself is not particularly tough, but his bike is, and his bike generally shields him from most contact with his enemies.

Olive Glove has something called Oil Membrane Armor. This might be a softer defense than most, but it still sounds like something that takes punishment head-on and negates damage.


So, yeah. Green = Armor.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 22:08   Link #29
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Remove Olive Glove. He shows up only in the LNs as far as the anime only is concerned.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 20:29   Link #30
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Hmm.

If a Green avatar had a hovering/levitating function like Black Lotus, which allowed for agility and movement speed without requiring muscle strength, it's possible that the Green poison-stabbing dancer could work.

Would probably still have reasonably tough armor for her size and weight, though. Unless she had a sensory ability to help avoid attacks, but that would lean her closer to Yellow.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 06:33   Link #31
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I want to offer a theory regarding the amazing speed and strength displayed by the Black and Yellow Kings, as well as how someone as experienced as Black Vise could miscalculate Silver Crow's ability to escape his vise.

The Incarnate System is just an extension of the same image/movement control system that all Burst Linkers use to control their avatars. Haruyuki can't actually execute an aerial flipping axe-kick, but he can imagine it. He doesn't have wings or experience with using them, but he can imagine it.

Zero File happens when you can't imagine fighting anymore. Your fighting spirit drops to nothing, and your avatar becomes an empty puppet regardless of any mighty muscles.

But what if it works in the opposite direction as well, so that rising fighting spirit makes you stronger and faster?

What if your avatar's strength isn't an upper limit, but merely a modifier? A modifier applied to the fundamental strength of your fighting spirit and imagining power (what KYH called Haru's "speed").

Which could in turn mean that the more skilled you become with the Incarnate System, the better you can use your avatar in the basic ways, resulting in the superhuman clash between Yellow Radio and Black Lotus.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 06:54   Link #32
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
^ I figured that was the general assumption since the reveal of the IS.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 22:40   Link #33
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Well, glad I'm not alone.

I assumed other people thought about the possibility that KYH was mentally 700 years old (or at least 50), but someone else tells me that fewer did than I realize.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 01:35   Link #34
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Well, Brain Burst is 7000 years old, Black Lotus has been around for about 6000 years.

Knowing that, 700 years of accumulated play-time actually seems too little.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 08:17   Link #35
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Well, Brain Burst is 7000 years old, Black Lotus has been around for about 6000 years.

Knowing that, 700 years of accumulated play-time actually seems too little.
Black Lotus came into play two years after the game had already started, and it generally seems to take at least four months or a whole year to reach Level 4. She's also spent the last two years in exile.

That would mean a possible maximum of 3000 years, but only if she spent every moment of her life in the Unlimited Neutral Field. She still had to spent Unaccelerated hours in school, or going to and from school, and eating...

Though it's possible that Black Lotus entered the Unlimited Neutral Field even during her exile. This would have allowed her to continue gathering combat experience and practicing her Incarnate Skills, as well as gathering Burst Points.

This would actually be safe enough to do regularly. Among other things, as a Level 9 King, Black Lotus can solo even legendary-level Enemies.

But also, the odds of accidentally running into other Burst Linkers there are long, especially if one Accelerates within a battle zone or private network with few or no Burst Linkers.

Sure, other Burst Linkers who enter from one zone or network can travel into the part of the Unlimited Neutral Field where she is, but Linkers tend to avoid that because of the possibility of running into Enemies or other Linkers they don't want to fight. Plus, even if Black Lotus is discovered, they have to consider the possibility that she traveled to that spot from another entry point, so they can't be immediately sure of what battle zone she's hiding in.

Besides, it's not THAT hard to deduce where Black Lotus would be hiding. It's fairly obvious that she would go to ground in a neutral battle area unclaimed by any legion and which has few Burst Linkers. Any of the five surviving Kings could have figured that much out.

The Purple King likely tore up all such areas within her reach years ago to try finding Lotus, but the other Kings don't seem as motivated.

Even if someone found the right battle zone, all Lotus needs to do is leave her Neuro-Linker disconnected from the global network and challenging her is impossible. Finding her in the Unlimited Neutral Field is riduculously difficult as well.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 08:25   Link #36
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Eh? I thought she got it one year after.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 11:10   Link #37
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Eh? I thought she got it one year after.
Yes. Sorry, confused that with something else.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 04:29   Link #38
daveena123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Malaysia
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
It can't be possible. Brain Burst, once uninstalled can never be reinstalled again, even if you change your Neurolinker because the program recognizes your brainwaves.

Perhaps you're looking too hard for things that aren't really there.
Well it can be because it was uninstalled maybe Haru got the Brain Burst got from the Brain Burst maker and he got a new greatest Fear once it uninstalled you forgot about the game so i can maybe installed again
daveena123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 22:07   Link #39
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveena123 View Post
Well it can be because it was uninstalled maybe Haru got the Brain Burst got from the Brain Burst maker and he got a new greatest Fear once it uninstalled you forgot about the game so i can maybe installed again
Adding new theories to break canon is not acceptable practice of mainstream fanfic writing.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.