AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-15, 12:51   Link #10601
mtgowns
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I'm not saying that the princess herself is a time traveler. Remember, she says that someone claiming to be from the future told her 10,000 dragons would attack Fiore, and told her the outcome of the tournament as proof they were from the future.

What I'm saying is that Arcadios is just assuming that mysterious person that spoke with the princess was future Lucy, but he's mistaken and it was actually a different person that we haven't seen.
Argh, you're right - the princess does mention that someone told her about the dragons. Faulty memory on my part.

That might mean whoever talked to her wants her to release the magic as a weapon, which turns into what Future Lucy experienced. Maybe?
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 13:11   Link #10602
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
*sigh* Fairy Tail's fights get less interesting with each chapter. So predictable, with good guys winning easy fights. This might be epic for some but pretty boring for me.
*sigh* These whinging posts get less interesting with each iteration. So predictable, with depressive emo guys making pointless unoriginal posts. This might be epic for some but pretty boring for me.

Sarcasm aside, it seems like we go through this every few chapters. I remember when people were whinging abot Laxus fighting Orga... and then Jura randomly pops in and we have no idea how that will go.

If you want to get down to it, "good guy beats bad guy" is standard, so if we judge it by that, then almost everything is predictable. What is important, is how it's done. So tell me, Crimson, did you predict Gajeel eating shadow? What is you prediction for Laxus/Orga/Jura? How about Gray/Juvia/Lyon/Cheria? I mean, if it is sooo predictable, you should know exactly how it plays out, right?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 13:36   Link #10603
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Strange...each chapter I feel less and less that Arcadios is a bad guy, yet I still refuse to shake the feeling that he's one.
At the moment he's one of the coolest characters in the series. He makes everyone else look one dimensional.

The princess plot twist was a nice. Didn't expect that.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 19:55   Link #10604
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Trying to come up with a way to explain how a Dragon Slayer can eat and assume the properties of elements other than their base element is going to be tricky... For Natsu, it was well and good for him to empty out his own magic to take in Zancrow's, but Zan-y also used fire so it wasn't much of a stretch to see the plausibility of it. For the lightning...Laxus gave Natsu a staggering amount of power, so much that apparently, Natsu's body has a permament copy of Laxus' lightning.

But now, Gajeel has displayed that a DS can injest another element and utilize it with their own to create a fusion type. I wonder if they are able to do that since they are the 1st Gen DS...however, Rogue and Sting were also trained by actual Dragons so they would/should be able to accomplish the same, if that theory was correct. Another one would be that they have to be of a sufficient level and 'eat' the element in a certain way to injest its properties to be able to use it.
Actaully it might be pretty simple DS can eat there own element and other DS magic when they eat DS magic who use a different element they gain the ability to preform extremely high level spells that have the additional element added to it. Also there really hasn't been any instance to contradict this theory either when Natsu got sick from eating Laxus's lightning was back before Lacus revealed he was a neo dragon slayer so we can conclude he used normal lightning magic.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 20:12   Link #10605
Excelion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Isn't Arcadios still aligned with Zeref? Makes me think he has a split personality or has been possessed like Rogue was. Or maybe it was just apart of the act.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 20:39   Link #10606
HiddenMessage
HuH~?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Page 17 of the 9 Yin Manual
Age: 24
What about that time when Sting was first introduced and he ate a metal arrow/head? That weird guild grunt didn't look like the Archery Dragon Slayer... Unless...

Spoiler for OMG breakthrough!!:


That Dragon Roar performed by Sting afterwards wasn't his Lazer DR either like that one performed against Natsu.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 21:36   Link #10607
Principalities
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Prediction: Evil shadow is either the Princess or that puppet creature from Raven Tail!
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 22:58   Link #10608
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Cosmos and Kamika again!!!!Thank the author!!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 08:07   Link #10609
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: A Yellow Submarine
Age: 19
I doubt Hisui is lying; more like her time traveler is. Damn Arcadios keeps assuming people of being liars

And the Garou Knights... isn't it a holy rule of Shonen that when an enemy is defeated once... they never stand a chance again?
__________________
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Pinwheel
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 08:17   Link #10610
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Would be troublesome plot wise to make them obsolete, since they are the countries line of defense.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 08:46   Link #10611
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
well doesn't matter this whole section blew the good news is the next chapter is all about laxus v orga v Jura that should be good
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 11:18   Link #10612
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
*sigh* These whinging posts get less interesting with each iteration. So predictable, with depressive emo guys making pointless unoriginal posts. This might be epic for some but pretty boring for me.

Sarcasm aside, it seems like we go through this every few chapters. I remember when people were whinging abot Laxus fighting Orga... and then Jura randomly pops in and we have no idea how that will go.

If you want to get down to it, "good guy beats bad guy" is standard, so if we judge it by that, then almost everything is predictable. What is important, is how it's done. So tell me, Crimson, did you predict Gajeel eating shadow? What is you prediction for Laxus/Orga/Jura? How about Gray/Juvia/Lyon/Cheria? I mean, if it is sooo predictable, you should know exactly how it plays out, right?
So as long as Mashima creates some randomness it is good?

Do take notice that people were not complaining before what means there was some originality at first. There is none now.

And Laxus will win, there is nothing to guess. I really don't care how he does it. It won't make story any better. All these flashy "shadow eating" are meant to distract people prom how poor the story is and fools like you fall for it.

Powers are fun at first but then it is all about good story telling. If there is no well planned story, powers mean nothing. They are a poor excuse to cover the faults of the show.

FT should have ended before the time skip while it still had some originality in it.

While I do like the twist of possibly having one more time traveler in here, I just can't see Mashima turning this series into dark ones as he "foreshadowed" at the start of the arc.

It will be another FT >>>>>>>> all arc.
In other words nothing new, same redundant material.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 01:03   Link #10613
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: A Yellow Submarine
Age: 19
The thing that makes this arc so different from the rest of FT is the lack of main villains. Well I won't say lack thereof, but rather whoever the villain is is cloaked in mystery and we have no idea who could be the mastermind.

Arcadios? He is starting to look more and more like one of the good guys every chapter.

Princess Hisui? As I said, she could not be lying, and it only seems so because her story does not coincide with future Lucy.

Future Lucy? I doubt Mashima would even think of that

The "other" time traveler? Possibly, but it's possible that it would turn out that he really is telling the truth and that there really is a herd of dragons coming and that the Eclipse Plan 2 really works and that he really just wants to save everyone. (Long sentence *whew*).

And if you're thinking, "what about Sabertooth?" (*cough* Minerva *cough*), well I'd rather not call them the villains but rather "rivals".

But what if there really isn't a villain and everyone is just making mountains out of mole hills and this plot is really all just a joke? :O Just kidding.
__________________
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Pinwheel
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 01:48   Link #10614
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
^there's still that "dark presence" Jellal and co. felt during the games. It's probably related to Zeref and or Eclipse. Maybe they'll turn to be the Big Bad of this arc?

and then there's Raven Tail and Lumen Histoire, it's not related to this arc and it will be what probably the next arc is going to focus on
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 02:34   Link #10615
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
And if you're thinking, "what about Sabertooth?" (*cough* Minerva *cough*), well I'd rather not call them the villains but rather "rivals".
While Rogue and Sting could be considered Rivals, Minerva is definitely not. Rivals don't steal your only source of power rendering you nothing more than a normal person and then proceed to sadistically beat you to death. Rivals don't try to stir up conflict between two other combatants so that they can stab one in the back when the other is nearly beaten. Its been a while since I've had an absolute hatred towards a character, I would love to see her killed in a "Fist of the North Star" style way, but that won't happen.
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 03:53   Link #10616
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: A Yellow Submarine
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
^there's still that "dark presence" Jellal and co. felt during the games. It's probably related to Zeref and or Eclipse. Maybe they'll turn to be the Big Bad of this arc?

and then there's Raven Tail and Lumen Histoire, it's not related to this arc and it will be what probably the next arc is going to focus on
Ah, about that "dark presence"... sorry, but I immediately assumed that that presence is the "other" time traveler. Since Jellal did feel the same vibes from future Lucy, I assumed that all time travelers had that Zeref-like presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
While Rogue and Sting could be considered Rivals, Minerva is definitely not. Rivals don't steal your only source of power rendering you nothing more than a normal person and then proceed to sadistically beat you to death. Rivals don't try to stir up conflict between two other combatants so that they can stab one in the back when the other is nearly beaten. Its been a while since I've had an absolute hatred towards a character, I would love to see her killed in a "Fist of the North Star" style way, but that won't happen.
I agree that that b**** deserves to die Still, Minerva could not possibly be the kind of "villain" I'm referring to. When I mean villain I mean the people who stir up the main conflict of the story, the way the Oracion Seis started things with Nirvana and Grimoire Heart for waking Zeref. Initially, everyone thought it was Arcadios, since he seemed to be the one in charge of the Eclipse Plan. Minerva may be a b**** but that is all she is to the story. Just a huge hurdle that Fairy Tail has to overcome in the Games, which, as it is turning out to be, only the backdrop for the darker events about to happen on July 7.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 07:59   Link #10617
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
The thing that makes this arc so different from the rest of FT is the lack of main villains. Well I won't say lack thereof, but rather whoever the villain is is cloaked in mystery and we have no idea who could be the mastermind.

Arcadios? He is starting to look more and more like one of the good guys every chapter.

Princess Hisui? As I said, she could not be lying, and it only seems so because her story does not coincide with future Lucy.

Future Lucy? I doubt Mashima would even think of that

The "other" time traveler? Possibly, but it's possible that it would turn out that he really is telling the truth and that there really is a herd of dragons coming and that the Eclipse Plan 2 really works and that he really just wants to save everyone. (Long sentence *whew*).

And if you're thinking, "what about Sabertooth?" (*cough* Minerva *cough*), well I'd rather not call them the villains but rather "rivals".

But what if there really isn't a villain and everyone is just making mountains out of mole hills and this plot is really all just a joke? :O Just kidding.
Well I won't argue, it does have some uniqueness though I'm sure it all will come down to Zeref anyway.

Monir
I guess we were, my bad!
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 10:49   Link #10618
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
here's the weird part about the whole deal the princess's actions are based on what happens at the end of the Grand Magic Games. Hence where future lucy comes in since she's one of the only ones who know about the final result. Her crying can be based on the idea that she's remembering all her friends. NOw charle's results seem to indicate that something will happen but no clear deal what. Assuming the Holy Armor is the white knight that everyones talking about there's a twist or two waiting. and the next post will be the twist
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 10:52   Link #10619
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Sorry to double post but its easier to explain everything. The twist is the energy jellal feels. What if the energy he feels is the energy coming from the Eclipse gate and the only reason he feels it at random times is because only certain times does the energy leak. The reason he thinks its related to the games is because it appears from undernearth the arena.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 11:44   Link #10620
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
The thing that makes this arc so different from the rest of FT is the lack of main villains. Well I won't say lack thereof, but rather whoever the villain is is cloaked in mystery and we have no idea who could be the mastermind.

Arcadios? He is starting to look more and more like one of the good guys every chapter.

Princess Hisui? As I said, she could not be lying, and it only seems so because her story does not coincide with future Lucy.

Future Lucy? I doubt Mashima would even think of that

The "other" time traveler? Possibly, but it's possible that it would turn out that he really is telling the truth and that there really is a herd of dragons coming and that the Eclipse Plan 2 really works and that he really just wants to save everyone. (Long sentence *whew*).

And if you're thinking, "what about Sabertooth?" (*cough* Minerva *cough*), well I'd rather not call them the villains but rather "rivals".

But what if there really isn't a villain and everyone is just making mountains out of mole hills and this plot is really all just a joke? :O Just kidding.
Having a definite villain in each arc is a shonen thing. Personally, I like that FT keeps some mystery in that regard this arc, avoiding that particular trapping this time around. If nothing else, Mashima is good about keeping us guessing. Even the 1 or 2 people who complain about predictability, can't seem to predict anything, heh. But people will complain if he sticks to shonen trappings, and he gets grief if he does things differently. But I suppose you can't please everybody, and if we only have a couple of complainers, that means Mashima is doing a good job pleasing as many people as he can.

Nothing against you, I'm just speaking some thoughts. As I said, I like the fact that we are kept guessing as to what is going on. I like that there are multiple interests in play here, some not all good, and some not all bad. And each person believes they are doing the right things, as opposed to just being simply "bad" because they are a "bad guy" like most shonen shows do.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.