AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-16, 19:27   Link #101
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Wait was that the Susannoo at the end there with the Kyubi? Madara was controlling both?
yea it's crazy. it's madara controlling a complete kurama and susano'o vs hashirama controlling 2 wood dragons... i can't wait to see more of this haha
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 20:42   Link #102
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
They already are, since Madara is fighting Naruto and the others right now and it doesn't look good for them.
They're winning, but it doesn't look good for them, yeah.

And they're not. They're talking to Sasuke right now, they're not interfering with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
no. the senju should be well aware of the potential power of a MS genjutsu. if an enemy pointed a gun at your face would you just stare at it and wait for them to fire? or would you take cover since you have established knowledge of what a gun is capable of doing?
Sasuke isn't pointing guns at anyone.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 01:58   Link #103
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea it's crazy. it's madara controlling a complete kurama and susano'o vs hashirama controlling 2 wood dragons... i can't wait to see more of this haha
There was only one Wood Dragon, the other was a Wood Person.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 04:50   Link #104
2Fast
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Maybe it's somekind of Sussanoo counter for Senju.
It's also a humanoid like figure just like sussanoo.

I like the name. He called it Mokujin. Just like the wooden guy from Tekken
2Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 06:12   Link #105
Kenu
magoi, magoi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Yeah, I'm looking forward to see that fight animated. It should be fairly epic if done correctly.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 09:57   Link #106
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
They're winning, but it doesn't look good for them, yeah.
Just because the fight was interrupted at a moment where the alliance had some good moves it doesn't mean they're now winning. Madara didn't do shit until now, if he were to be sealed without doing anything right after we saw his perfect susano, super-meteor, super-wood jutsus, rinnegan powers, etc... and the complete destruction of the 5 current kages that would be extremely lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
And they're not. They're talking to Sasuke right now, they're not interfering with anything.
So Madara is talking with Sasuke right now? I don't get what are you trying to tell here.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 12:12   Link #107
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
So Madara is talking with Sasuke right now? I don't get what are you trying to tell here.
I have no idea what YOU'RE trying to do. No one ever said Madara was talking with Sasuke. I dunno what your game is but if you want to kill an argument with random non-arguments that's fine with me, I don't want any part of it anymore.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 12:13   Link #108
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea it's crazy. it's madara controlling a complete kurama and susano'o vs hashirama controlling 2 wood dragons... i can't wait to see more of this haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
There was only one Wood Dragon, the other was a Wood Person.
Its the first rasengan!!! he caught the bijuu dama now hes about to smash the hell out susanoo...i cant wait to see this fight!

@itachi-san314 per the discussion about senju countering the sharingan...i think its likely that there is a gimmick...BUT i tend to keep in mind that the senju are the other half of the sage lineage...yin balancing yang and all that stuff i dont understand. per tobi v konan story time...uchiha powers create form from nothingness (conjure susanno and powerful genjutsu). senju powers give life to form (wood dragons and wood people)...if the senju are excellent chakra manipulators it makes sense to me that they can just "shinra tensei" the sharingan effects on the brain. idk really lol...when i think of senju v uchiha, i see mirror a vs a brick...

i guess we'll see what the author has in store
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 12:14   Link #109
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
The first rasengan was thought up by Minato.

Unless you count the Beast Bomb. Or unless they retconned it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 13:00   Link #110
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Sasuke isn't pointing guns at anyone.
duh... the MS is a much more powerful weapon than any gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
There was only one Wood Dragon, the other was a Wood Person.
yea, the second was clearly humanoid, but the translation i read called them both wood dragons... suffice it to say they are both wood monsters i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
@itachi-san314 per the discussion about senju countering the sharingan...i think its likely that there is a gimmick...BUT i tend to keep in mind that the senju are the other half of the sage lineage...yin balancing yang and all that stuff i dont understand. per tobi v konan story time...uchiha powers create form from nothingness (conjure susanno and powerful genjutsu). senju powers give life to form (wood dragons and wood people)...if the senju are excellent chakra manipulators it makes sense to me that they can just "shinra tensei" the sharingan effects on the brain. idk really lol...when i think of senju v uchiha, i see mirror a vs a brick...

i guess we'll see what the author has in store
yea, i am eager to see kishi's explanation of the senju. if they all could give life to form then i wouldn't have a problem with it, but as far as i can see, it's only hashirama who can do this with mokuton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The first rasengan was thought up by Minato.

Unless you count the Beast Bomb. Or unless they retconned it.
naruto was able to learn the bijou bomb quickly because rasengan is basically the same thing. minato did create the first official rasengan, but the beast bomb is essentially the same technique and was around first.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 13:04   Link #111
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
duh... the MS is a much more powerful weapon than any gun
But he wasn't "pointing" it at anyone. If I show you my gun, will you shit your pants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
naruto was able to learn the bijou bomb quickly because rasengan is basically the same thing. minato did create the first official rasengan, but the beast bomb is essentially the same technique and was around first.
Did I, or did I not, say "unless you count the beast bomb"?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 14:44   Link #112
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
But he wasn't "pointing" it at anyone. If I show you my gun, will you shit your pants?
i don't think you get what i'm saying and i don't think i can make it any clearer...

Quote:
Did I, or did I not, say "unless you count the beast bomb"?
did i, or did i not, say that you didn't?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 15:44   Link #113
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Unless you count the Beast Bomb.
I clearly did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i don't think you get what i'm saying and i don't think i can make it any clearer...
Maybe we're just talking past eachother. I'm saying that Tobirama has no reason to freak out, because Sasuke is not USING it on him.

If someone is like "oh by the way I have a gun" and shows you a gun, they're not going to fire it at you. They're not even -threatening- to fire it at you. Why would you freak out over it?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 17:39   Link #114
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I clearly did!
i know.. i never said you didn't..

Quote:
I'm saying that Tobirama has no reason to freak out, because Sasuke is not USING it on him.
if sasuke were using MS it would be too late. the only way to fight MS is by taking preventative measures by not looking ...or by having hashirama's cells which are the cure all for anything ..or by being a strong enough uchiha but that's beside the point since we're talking about the senju

Quote:
If someone is like "oh by the way I have a gun" and shows you a gun, they're not going to fire it at you.
really? is that a fact?

Quote:
They're not even -threatening- to fire it at you. Why would you freak out over it?
i never said you have to freak out over it. an experienced fighter wouldn't freak out. but they wouldn't just stand there and get shot in the face either...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 19:48   Link #115
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I have no idea what YOU'RE trying to do. No one ever said Madara was talking with Sasuke. I dunno what your game is but if you want to kill an argument with random non-arguments that's fine with me, I don't want any part of it anymore.
Since it seems you don't remember what started the argument, here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Old dead fogeys have no business barging in on the current generation's fight.
I replied to this originally. Telling you that it already isn't just a "current generation's fight", Madara is already the "evil boss" of this war after Kabuto was beaten and he crushed the 5 kages. Even if he was quite passive until now, if Obito fails he won't fool around any more. We have already seen a direct clash between Naruto and Madara two times, first Naruto's mass kage bunshin + rasengan against Madara's forest growing jutsu and then Madara stated that he'll catch the 8 and 9 tails and went on to fight Kyuubi-Naruto with the 1st hokage's wood powers. Naruto is no match for Madara in his current state, and the alliance is runnin out of people who can save Naruto. They are also trying to mentally break Naruto, so the presence of the 1st hokage would really help Naruto also mentally, to reinforce his "will of fire" by meeting the man who invented the whole thing.

So to sum it up i didn't agree with the "no business" part because Madara and Hashirama represent the two sides at war and also it's already a fact that it's not the current generation's fight since Madara is heavily involved not only because he beat the 5 kages but also because the current Obito is his creation and this whole war is the result of his big plan. If you have one side in the war (Madara) then it's just natural that the other side (1st hokage) should also be there, people like symmetry
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 20:21   Link #116
yogotah
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: U.S
The next chapter should prove to be a pretty dynamic chapter.

I enjoyed this chapter a lot, I love seeing interactions and even though we didn't get that much content out of the chapter, we can be patient and wait next week for the full story

Harishima is one strong guy, to be able to beat Orichimaru's technique without breaking a sweat shows who's the most powerful ninja in the room. How did Harishima get this strong? Was he born with this insane amount of chakra and ability or maybe he trained with a the sage of the six path and got stronger. It will be nice to get some timetable to the whole shinobi creation thing too.

On another note, I don't really care too much for the Tobi/Mardara/Naruto fight, I think it's best to not delve into it until some new characters, preferably the Kages jump in the battle.

That would be an awesome fight. Yes!
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 02:39   Link #117
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
if sasuke were using MS it would be too late. the only way to fight MS is by taking preventative measures by not looking ...or by having hashirama's cells which are the cure all for anything ..or by being a strong enough uchiha but that's beside the point since we're talking about the senju
If if if if if. The fact is, he wasn't using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
really? is that a fact?
Tobirama isn't under a genjutsu right now, nor has he burst into flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i never said you have to freak out over it. an experienced fighter wouldn't freak out. but they wouldn't just stand there and get shot in the face either...
If no one is doing any shooting and has no intention of shooting ever, it'd be paranoid to go all like KYAAAAAAAA HE'S GOT A GUN!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Since it seems you don't remember what started the argument, here:

I replied to this originally. Telling you that it already isn't just a "current generation's fight", Madara is already the "evil boss" of this war after Kabuto was beaten and he crushed the 5 kages. Even if he was quite passive until now, if Obito fails he won't fool around any more. We have already seen a direct clash between Naruto and Madara two times, first Naruto's mass kage bunshin + rasengan against Madara's forest growing jutsu and then Madara stated that he'll catch the 8 and 9 tails and went on to fight Kyuubi-Naruto with the 1st hokage's wood powers. Naruto is no match for Madara in his current state, and the alliance is runnin out of people who can save Naruto. They are also trying to mentally break Naruto, so the presence of the 1st hokage would really help Naruto also mentally, to reinforce his "will of fire" by meeting the man who invented the whole thing.

So to sum it up i didn't agree with the "no business" part because Madara and Hashirama represent the two sides at war and also it's already a fact that it's not the current generation's fight since Madara is heavily involved not only because he beat the 5 kages but also because the current Obito is his creation and this whole war is the result of his big plan. If you have one side in the war (Madara) then it's just natural that the other side (1st hokage) should also be there, people like symmetry
I suppose that makes sense from your point of view, I just don't feel the same way.

Most importantly, if Hashirama showed up and creamed Madara, it would make all of the growth of the past two years completely meaningless.

Of course, if your reply to this is "what growth?", then I guess it works from your point of view.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 03:32   Link #118
Eragon
I got you babe.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shopping Mall
Age: 21
What's the point of the Alliance winning this war if its not by its own power. If they are going to be saved by DEAD people then what's the point of their existence?
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 05:31   Link #119
Kenu
magoi, magoi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea, the second was clearly humanoid, but the translation i read called them both wood dragons... suffice it to say they are both wood monsters i guess
Probably just a typo or a rare mistranslation since mokujin is wood dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
What's the point of the Alliance winning this war if its not by its own power. If they are going to be saved by DEAD people then what's the point of their existence?
Yeah that's the irony. I doubt they will be in the fight against Madara. I suspect they are a plot device just to show off Sasuke's strength. There is nothing to gain by the 4 greatest Hokage's joining the fight against Madara. I think all they will do is leave a small hint on how to defeat Super Saiyan Madara.

The Ninja Alliance should be the one's who meaningfully defeat the Uchiha-Bros.

Speaking of retcon, why is Shodaime so much more capable this time around than before when he was being controlled directly by Orochimaru against Sandaime..?
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 07:07   Link #120
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles,California
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post

Speaking of retcon, why is Shodaime so much more capable this time around than before when he was being controlled directly by Orochimaru against Sandaime..?
He blocked out their personalities the first time around and wasn't as powerful with it. This time oro has more knowledge of it and let them shine. Also Shodamime pretty much broke out of his control instantly while his brother it seems let his guard down thinking oro was not a threat to him or his power.
__________________
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.