AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-17, 17:50   Link #101
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I love Sena because she's that insanely beautiful, impossibly smart, crazily athletic, and ultra-rich girl who seems godly perfect in every possible way but turns out to be just as awkward, dumb, flawed, conceited, wonky, and hopelessly imperfect as all the rest of us.
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 17:53   Link #102
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I love Sena because she's that insanely beautiful, impossibly smart, crazily athletic, and ultra-rich girl who seems godly perfect in every possible way but turns out to be just as awkward, dumb, flawed, conceited, wonky, and hopelessly imperfect as all the rest of us.
Uhmmm.... not me...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 20:20   Link #103
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Sena is not dumb, however, she is naive and gullible.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:25   Link #104
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
After watching second session I can't help thinking that Sena is a Bi, how her grudge to Yozora become nearly a Fetish, and her interest in Yukimura when she knew Yukimura is a girl, and her passion to Kobato, but come to think of it because how she plays gal games constantly, so deep in mind unconsciously she want to date a girl . . .
__________________
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 00:15   Link #105
JamJackEvo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
After watching second session I can't help thinking that Sena is a Bi, how her grudge to Yozora become nearly a Fetish, and her interest in Yukimura when she knew Yukimura is a girl, and her passion to Kobato, but come to think of it because how she plays gal games constantly, so deep in mind unconsciously she want to date a girl . . .
That kind of mindset must've been helped by her upbringing. The only places she could categorize males were in the doormat and family category. Her father in the family category; the rest of the males in the doormat because, as she supplied quite extensively, every boy in her class have no qualms in being her doormat.

She gives respect to her father since he is her father and that he will not hesitate to scold/spank her if she went too far out of line. Kodaka showed that he wouldn't hesitate to speak his mind as well, even scolding her if that's what it takes to get her to listen and think over her mistakes. Because of that, Sena couldn't categorize him in the doormat category, much less in the family category since he's not family (yet, I hope with all my might, ), so she was more or less forced to rethink her thoughts revolving around the other sex... to a certain extent anyway.

I believe that's where her attraction to him began to bloom because he was unlike other guys.

But still doesn't change the fact that, exempting Kodaka, boys do not actually ping in her "radar" because they are relegated to something akin to under-underlings. They get minimal respect and no one batted an eyelash or voiced a complaint. All they ever did is sing praises to Sena like a bunch of groupies, and let's face it, who wants to start a romance with someone in that groupie?

That pretty much makes it so that Sena only has girls to turn to, despite most of the girls in her class could care less about what she thinks or wants. She was ridiculed, yes, but that made girls a little bit more mysterious despite being one herself. She also has her own category for girls--those who are her friends, and those who are bitches. It drove more motivation in her to befriend girls and I guess she began to blur the line between friendship and attraction somewhere down that road alongside the difference between 2D and 3D girls. She probably doesn't even realize (or care) herself.

That's my opinion on the matter, anyhow.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 07:01   Link #106
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJackEvo View Post
That kind of mindset must've been helped by her upbringing. The only places she could categorize males were in the doormat and family category. Her father in the family category; the rest of the males in the doormat because, as she supplied quite extensively, every boy in her class have no qualms in being her doormat.

She gives respect to her father since he is her father and that he will not hesitate to scold/spank her if she went too far out of line. Kodaka showed that he wouldn't hesitate to speak his mind as well, even scolding her if that's what it takes to get her to listen and think over her mistakes. Because of that, Sena couldn't categorize him in the doormat category, much less in the family category since he's not family (yet, I hope with all my might, ), so she was more or less forced to rethink her thoughts revolving around the other sex... to a certain extent anyway.

I believe that's where her attraction to him began to bloom because he was unlike other guys.

But still doesn't change the fact that, exempting Kodaka, boys do not actually ping in her "radar" because they are relegated to something akin to under-underlings. They get minimal respect and no one batted an eyelash or voiced a complaint. All they ever did is sing praises to Sena like a bunch of groupies, and let's face it, who wants to start a romance with someone in that groupie?

That pretty much makes it so that Sena only has girls to turn to, despite most of the girls in her class could care less about what she thinks or wants. She was ridiculed, yes, but that made girls a little bit more mysterious despite being one herself. She also has her own category for girls--those who are her friends, and those who are bitches. It drove more motivation in her to befriend girls and I guess she began to blur the line between friendship and attraction somewhere down that road alongside the difference between 2D and 3D girls. She probably doesn't even realize (or care) herself.

That's my opinion on the matter, anyhow.
That's nice analysis, AFAIK Sena never play otome game so I think it's save to conclude without Kodaka she will loving girls.
__________________
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 19:56   Link #107
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Singapore
Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Anyone noticed that Sena seems to lose some of her meat (pun intended) in the second season?
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 21:06   Link #108
JamJackEvo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3cT View Post
Anyone noticed that Sena seems to lose some of her meat (pun intended) in the second season?
It happens sometimes, if not often, in anime. The girls' breast size can be subtly or immensely variant from episode to episode and season to season. It can also be from the animator's slight mistake (intentional or not is anyone's guess), like that one time in season 1 when the gang are in the beach. There was a still image of Kobato, Maria, and Sena enjoying the sea on the 2nd day, and there is Kobato, with her breasts bigger than they should be. They corrected it in the Blu-Ray. They did a lot of breast correcting in the Blu-Ray edition.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 09:28   Link #109
nestea2004
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arkansas
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to nestea2004 Send a message via Yahoo to nestea2004
I think I like sena more in S2... especially in this last episode where she got Yozora back ^^; (I'm far from a yozora hater..but I am happy to see Sena getting her back in some small way..though she did pull out the b-card and smack her with it)
__________________
nestea2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 09:37   Link #110
Yozora
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea2004 View Post
I think I like sena more in S2... especially in this last episode where she got Yozora back ^^; (I'm far from a yozora hater..but I am happy to see Sena getting her back in some small way..though she did pull out the b-card and smack her with it)
B-card? Lol no. I'm rooting for Yozora and have no interest on Sena whatsoever but Sena was so right. She destroyed Yozora with the truth. Just like how Maria destroyed Kodaka with her brutal honesty lolz
Yozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 20:12   Link #111
nestea2004
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arkansas
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to nestea2004 Send a message via Yahoo to nestea2004
Lol I have no real preference on who Kodaka gets with, I just think that Yozora had a taste of her own medicine..

Heck, I actually thought Yozora was going to hit Sena.
__________________
nestea2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.