AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-17, 20:29   Link #2961
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Alternate timeline if you want to be specific, and yes, that could be, buuuut, again, it still has cans of worms running around, and anyway...

Here's from SSX about Orussia...

Spoiler for Runessa's past:


It really seems to me that Runessa had just given into complete despair.

After all, we saw what lengths Precia was willing to go to make her despair disappear.
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 20:33   Link #2962
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
We are all over thinking this. You to explain what happen in there as logical and me to say why I think is weird and not really thought out. In then end what I say and what you guys say are just fans interpretations of the actions in the plot. Just by going with the Star Trek logic here I can remember like half of a dozen times the Enterprise stop a civil war, so really compare it to the horrible results this have take in other parts is nothing. There are also examples of massacres and horrible war crimes because nobody help or care about civil wars and they just sit in their asses and do nothing.
Yes, Enterprise stopped civil wars. And they tended to do so A: Before they got started, B: When both parties were still willing to talk or C: when the fights were small scale anyway. Neither of which applies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Getting in to a civil war is not nasty at all, is call doing something. Helping peace conferences, maybe get negotiations in the move, talk with both sides and see if you can get them to agree on something, offer help to people that are suffering from the war, offer evacuation so they can go to other planets where they can live without war, etc. Really just ignore a conflict because doesn’t affect you is worse.
Again, Syria. All diplomatic attempts are rejected, and we can't waltz in and solve things because politics, manpower and monies.

Oh, except for evacuating people. And whadaya know, the TSAB is actually doing that.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 20:40   Link #2963
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Spoiler for About Runessa's parts:


Precia at least was consistent. She wanted her daughter back and when she fail she stated to become crazy and lost all her sanity. Runessa was smart, focus and she did knew what was doing. Still she decide to go with that because the plot demand it.

Again, time travel was not the only answers and brings a lot of problems in to the story. Hey they could destroy the universe using the time travel tech and suchs levels of magic. I mean, remember magic destroys time and space? That could happen when 20 super power mage, the giant evil of cutness Unbreakable Darkness was and the time thing were in the same small area.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 21:09   Link #2964
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Yeah, Fate wasn't a character we knew at all so her fall in despair needs to be told to us. Because I don't know that woman at all, never she does anything to fix her troubles.

Man, Sansker, there really isn't anyone or anything you like, is there?

Runessa had more backstory to her emotional disposition, then that character in your sig, whom I can't remember the name of because he was so forgettable. He was just another bad guy, in a long line of bad guys, that were just... there. Are you familiar with the concept of revenge? Of someone who wants another person, or some people, to feel the pain they are feeling? Runessa was much like Precia, actually, in that her thinking had been warped. While all Precia could see was getting her daughter back, all Runessa could see was making the fancy-schmancy people on Bureau worlds, feel the pain she felt. Both were locked into their mission, regardless of any logical or rational considerations. Regardless of whether their goal would even be achievable.

You said it yourself: Runessa was her own version of insane, just like Precia was her own version of insane. I'd highly suggest, before you judge something, to actually listen and read Sound Stage X. You don't know her, because you haven't taken the time to. Runessa had a fucked-up childhood, something that you can't wrap your head around, thus you don't understand.

And honestly, I'm beginning to think that is the major issue with you. You simply are just unable to understand anyone or anything outside of your very limited viewpoint.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 21:18   Link #2965
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
And this has to do with the tech side of the series how? This is the problem here we start talking about something and we end talking about something else. This was about using invisible bullets. How time travel, Sound Stage X, Ulquiorra or even Runessa Magnus has anything to do with it?

I will like to talk about it, but can we please do it when it should? I don’t see a Sound Stage X thread, we have one?
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 22:42   Link #2966
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Not for SSX, but we have the Nanoha General Discussion Thread.

And for next time, your cry of "Foul! This isn't the thread for that!" will sound more legit, if you don't participate in said discussion for many posts first.

"I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you, to see gambling going on here!"
"Here's your winnings, sir."
"Thank you!"
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 22:51   Link #2967
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
I want us to get back on track, I will admit I myself get lost as well.

But that doesn't change the fact we need to focus and I didn't call you fool, Kaijo, I just notice this is a complete different subject that has nothing to do with the thread.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 23:16   Link #2968
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
He said foul, not fool. There is a difference in the language.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 23:27   Link #2969
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
You are right, sorry I lost my glasses
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 06:29   Link #2970
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I mean, remember magic destroys time and space?
I'm gonna need more details on this, because I have no idea idea what you're talking about.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 09:06   Link #2971
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm gonna need more details on this, because I have no idea idea what you're talking about.
He's referring to the Jewel Seeds.
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 10:00   Link #2972
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
That's Lost Logia magic, a whole different beast. And Precia wasn't even trying to time travel anyway, she wanted to reach Al Hazard.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 10:59   Link #2973
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
No, I mean the limiters actually. Remember why they were put on Nanoha and the rest? It was said, and I believe from the first season, that magic can torn time and space. That is why most units don’t have mages of great power working together in the same area. So when the Riot Force 6 was formed they put limiters on Nanoha, Fate, Vita, Signum and Hayate because having so many powerful mages working together in the same small area could create a dimensional incident. And I know we later seem large scale magic battles were there is a lot of magic and nothing bad ever happens but that is the reason they give to us so I am going by the canon information here.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 11:01   Link #2974
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
And the limiters were removed in the final battle.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 12:16   Link #2975
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
No, I mean the limiters actually. Remember why they were put on Nanoha and the rest? It was said, and I believe from the first season, that magic can torn time and space. That is why most units don’t have mages of great power working together in the same area. So when the Riot Force 6 was formed they put limiters on Nanoha, Fate, Vita, Signum and Hayate because having so many powerful mages working together in the same small area could create a dimensional incident. And I know we later seem large scale magic battles were there is a lot of magic and nothing bad ever happens but that is the reason they give to us so I am going by the canon information here.
Eh... you're a bit wrong about that. Watch ep 4 again where it is explained. The limiters were there for more political reasons. Without limiters, units could recruit all the best mages, leaving the weaker ones for less prestigious units. Now, suddenly, you have one very powerful unit, and all the other units get jealous. So the TSAB instituted a max cap on magic potential in any given unit. You could still recruit, but the mages would have to get limiters which kept their magic potential the same as every other unit.

As a side note, and may not be completely canon, but it would also dampen the danger of mutiny as well. One powerful unit of SS rank mages could easily take out all the other C and B ranked units and seize control. But not if every unit was the same strength. You'd need a majority of units to mutiny, then.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 19:22   Link #2976
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Yes I did notice that parts but I am sure the time and space was also in there somehow, I am sure of it. And even if was as you say it will still make no sense. We do saw devices can be program to respond to others commands and with that in mind why not put just bombs in their brains to keep them in check? In the end the limiters make little sense because the TSAB will have to follow another policy if control was the issue here. So I think control is not the goal behind the limiters or them making any kind of sense. Because it will be enough just to make law to not have two S rank mages in the same unit and be done with that.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 19:25   Link #2977
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
The limiters also serve as a useful trump card in dire situations--if they get the authorization to do so, they can release the limiters and unleash their full power on the enemy. Which proved useful for Nanoha and Fate in the end of StrikerS.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 19:29   Link #2978
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Yes and no. You see that will only work if the villain is like Jail and just waste time to give the heroes a chance to fight back. While waiting on the limiters they could get kill. Also the limiters were remove before they even enter the final fight.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 19:55   Link #2979
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Yes I did notice that parts but I am sure the time and space was also in there somehow, I am sure of it.
To put it bluntly, you are incorrect. If you believe so strongly that it was there, feel free to point me to where it says that, and I will then agree with you.

Quote:
And even if was as you say it will still make no sense. We do saw devices can be program to respond to others commands and with that in mind why not put just bombs in their brains to keep them in check?
Because that's a bit inhumane? Seriously, can you not seriously see the ethical difference between putting a bit of a cap on the max destructive output of a single person, and loading a bomb into their brain?

Quote:
In the end the limiters make little sense because the TSAB will have to follow another policy if control was the issue here. So I think control is not the goal behind the limiters or them making any kind of sense. Because it will be enough just to make law to not have two S rank mages in the same unit and be done with that.
You probably don't have any experience with real armies, but there is jealousy among branches. At least, the US branches. The Air Force, Army, and Navy fight for funds and importance, and even within those branches, different groups jealously fight for the funds/equipment that trickle down. Tsuzuki knows his military atmosphere, if nothing else. Keeping all your units equal, keeps the jealousy to a minimum. And preventing the capability of any one unit from being strong enough to easily seize power, is a useful side effect.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 20:33   Link #2980
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Well I will search for it but I am sure about that thing with the limiters. And yes, I think there is a difference between limiters and bombs just saying if you want more control there you have an answer.

And yes, I know how stupid the rivalry between units is in the army. Also I know the TSAB is nothing like that. You see at no point do we see any kind of problem between the ground forces and the air forces. In fact we see them fight side by side and never get in to a discussion over “I am the one in charge here”. You see just because in other works of fictions that happens means is happening here. Also the mage limiter still makes no sense on active agents. Not only reduces their power to respond in an emergency but also sets on them a burden of mistrust because of their power. I mean if we are going to assume then I can say maybe the TSAB is a tyrannical organization that doesn’t really trust other people and wants to keep them under control. But they already show to be a really nice group actually with almost not shady secrets beyond Regius and his brain bosses. So maybe trying to explain it a little too much with that. In the end I go by the fact that limit you agents is not going to help anyone because that is in the assumption all mages are with the TSAB and that all mages agree to be control because they are mages. Then we enter the X-Men territory of registration and control over the fact some people born different. I mean, why not?

So I tend to stop and think about the real reason the limiters exist and the role their serve in the series here and is really just to make room for the forwards so they are more like a plot device to me than a good concept by themselves.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.