AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-17, 15:37   Link #1421
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Brings to mind that one saying, "Get along with your friend's girlfriend/boyfriend, unless you want to lose that friend."
Exactly. Yozora needs to realize that she actually has more friends beyond Kodaka. Even if she manages to win Kodaka over Sena, there would be no benefit for Yozora when it comes to a story that is all about friendship. At this point a win for Yozora would seem more like pity to most fans as well. She potentionally has more to gain by losing than she does by winning.
__________________

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-02-17 at 16:32.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 16:31   Link #1422
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
As it is the story seems to be heading towards the end.
You missed the part where everything up until now as the prologue.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 16:37   Link #1423
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You missed the part where everything up until now as the prologue.
Wasn't paying attention to that lol. Though I guess a lot of it depends what the main part is about. My guess it's all about the consequences of his answer to Sena which makes me think that he will say yes to her. The big question though is how long the main part is going to be.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 16:42   Link #1424
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
I'll probably be laughing at all the Sena fans when the next volume comes around.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 16:45   Link #1425
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'll probably be laughing at all the Sena fans when the next volume comes around.
It will be really lame though if he instead just randomly gets together with Yozora instead in the next volume.
__________________

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-02-17 at 19:55.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 16:47   Link #1426
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Yozora has gained, ironically since this deviates from her initial/true reason for establishing the club, friends which was the true purpose of the club unless volume 1 means nothing anymore.
The interesting thing to note is Rika's words towards the end of the eight novel which illustrates the hidden truth in a matter of speaking.
I can see that both Kodaka and Yozora have, in a way, the same problem: they don't want change. Kodaka doesn't want to let go of the present and Yozora doesn't want to let go of the past.
Once they both realize the fact that they have friends, they can start moving towards the future/change i think.


P.S. Is it just me or have recent developments implied that Rika hates Sena?

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-02-17 at 18:03.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 19:24   Link #1427
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
It's the same feeling every girl has for Sena - she just has it too easy, with everything going her way. Jealousy of the damned meat is normal

Why are all these people fearful about some 'abrupt' change? Has the author's writing thus far indicated this a possiblity? Is the series not going that well financially that it may get the chop soon? No one has indicated how many more volumnes the series will go for, therefore there are plenty of developments yet to come.

And LOL for reading into Kodaka's insight as proof of his intent. His insight comes from his job description as the narrator in the LN. A door knob will have the same insight has it been designated the same role.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 19:43   Link #1428
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
It's the same feeling every girl has for Sena - she just has it too easy, with everything going her way. Jealousy of the damned meat is normal

Why are all these people fearful about some 'abrupt' change? Has the author's writing thus far indicated this a possiblity? Is the series not going that well financially that it may get the chop soon? No one has indicated how many more volumnes the series will go for, therefore there are plenty of developments yet to come.

And LOL for reading into Kodaka's insight as proof of his intent. His insight comes from his job description as the narrator in the LN. A door knob will have the same insight has it been designated the same role.
If you dont mind me asking, do you believe that out of the two main heroines, Yozora has the better chance of making friends with the club than Sena does?

In my eyes, Sena's personality pretty much hasn't changed after the first volume, but its highly likely that the change in her interactions with Kodaka and the focus on that perspective as well as her being on the receiving end of Yozora's "abuse" helped to gather the now dubbed "Sena fanbase".
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 19:45   Link #1429
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It will be really lame though if he instead just randomly gets together with Yozora instead in the next chapter.
And why do you think that would happen? This isn't some black or white situation.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 19:50   Link #1430
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
I'll still stand by what I've said before- If Kodaka doesn't even have the courage to accept that they are all friends in fear of ruining what they currently have, then what makes people think that he's suddenly have the confidence to enter a relationship with anyone?

And even, EVEN if he does, with this story being what it is, do you think it would last long?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 20:00   Link #1431
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Sena hasn't changed nor did Yozora. Well how do people change anyway? 180? Or just occassionally do things you don't expect them to do? Within the club, Yozora is the more approachable however she does not consider anyone else other than Kodaka as a potential friend.

The problem with Sena, as a few other as alluded to already, is she doesn't care for anything she doesn't like. Doesn't pay attention, doesn't care, nada. Others might as well be invisible. So whilst she wants to have female friends, a pre-requisite is she has to pick you as a friend. It's a bit like chicken and egg question, and so far only Yozora fits that mould as someone she constantly seeks attention from.

Plot points aside, there has been less new character reveals about Sena, that's for sure.

For the fanbase, it could partly people tends to view shows from the perspecive of the MC. I don't mind them discussing the nuances of each character but you do tend to have more Sena fans who can't read any subtlety which makes it hard to even start a discussion.

Unlike the LN anime skipped a lot of tsukkomi dialogue from Kodaka which touches on his impression of Sena. Basically a mixture of admiration (of her forthrightness/earnesty), disgust and pity. Similarly with Yozora it is mostly pity and the occasional appreciation of sharpness and alarmed at some other parts.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 20:47   Link #1432
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Sena hasn't changed nor did Yozora. Well how do people change anyway? 180? Or just occassionally do things you don't expect them to do? Within the club, Yozora is the more approachable however she does not consider anyone else other than Kodaka as a potential friend.

The problem with Sena, as a few other as alluded to already, is she doesn't care for anything she doesn't like. Doesn't pay attention, doesn't care, nada. Others might as well be invisible. So whilst she wants to have female friends, a pre-requisite is she has to pick you as a friend. It's a bit like chicken and egg question, and so far only Yozora fits that mould as someone she constantly seeks attention from.

Plot points aside, there has been less new character reveals about Sena, that's for sure.

For the fanbase, it could partly people tends to view shows from the perspecive of the MC. I don't mind them discussing the nuances of each character but you do tend to have more Sena fans who can't read any subtlety which makes it hard to even start a discussion.

Unlike the LN anime skipped a lot of tsukkomi dialogue from Kodaka which touches on his impression of Sena. Basically a mixture of admiration (of her forthrightness/earnesty), disgust and pity. Similarly with Yozora it is mostly pity and the occasional appreciation of sharpness and alarmed at some other parts.
Surprisingly,when Yozora says something along the lines of "There's no meaning if the seven of us don't watch it together" to Kodaka, it gives me hope that despite her "angst"/depression, she won't stay that way for much longer and she may open up to the idea that she can make friends with other people besides Kodaka.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 23:11   Link #1433
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
To be honest, I personally don't even know why I like certain characters, much less why the general fanbase likes what they like. Between Sena, Kuroneko, Mashiro (Nanami), Himeko, or even Charlotte Dunois (Rin), I wouldn't be able to predict who becomes the popularity queen (my own preferences in brackets) just by reading the story beforehand.

Looking at the content of what's in the story alone, without considering extraneous factors such as commercial considerations, all the girls in Haganai still have a decent and somewhat equal chance. Volume 9 is probably the one that will start shaking things up.
frivolity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 02:09   Link #1434
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Sena hasn't changed nor did Yozora. Well how do people change anyway? 180? Or just occassionally do things you don't expect them to do? Within the club, Yozora is the more approachable however she does not consider anyone else other than Kodaka as a potential friend.

The problem with Sena, as a few other as alluded to already, is she doesn't care for anything she doesn't like. Doesn't pay attention, doesn't care, nada. Others might as well be invisible. So whilst she wants to have female friends, a pre-requisite is she has to pick you as a friend. It's a bit like chicken and egg question, and so far only Yozora fits that mould as someone she constantly seeks attention from.
Not...sure how this is different from normal people... Do you go around making friends with people you don't want to be friends with?
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 02:30   Link #1435
Lota
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Age: 20
One of the posts made me think that, in some weird way, while all the club members have become friends, it's not the same for Yozora and Sena.

While Yozora created the club to get close to Kodaka and Sena joined it to actually gain friends, it turned out the other way around. Sena is now closer to Kodaka, but Yozora has a better relationship with everyone else. Yes, I know they're all friends, but... Yozora has a great relationship with Rika, Yukimura respects her (I think it works both ways here, and I think I remember reading somewhere that Yozora has a hard time saying "no" to Yukimura ), Kobato also respects and likes her, since she's sort of the "dark one", Maria... Ok, I won't say anything about that. And, well, everyone seems to find Sena a bit... annoying. I'm not saying she doesn't bring anything to the group, she does, and a lot, but Yozora is clearly the "leader" that everyone respects and likes.

And I think Yozora has changed. Don't remember what chapter it was, but Kodaka admitted himself that even she was now cherishing all the members of the club. Even Sena. Deep down, I think she loves Sena as much as Sena loves her

Anyway, really looking forward to volume 9, it can't come soon enough. I hope it gets better for Yozora, even if just a little.
__________________
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 02:35   Link #1436
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Not...sure how this is different from normal people... Do you go around making friends with people you don't want to be friends with?
The problem is probably the condescending manner that Sena treats those people, such as her treatment of the punks in the swimming session with Kodaka.
frivolity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 03:05   Link #1437
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
So the problem isn't how she doesn't care for people she doesn't want to be friends with, but more of how she treats people? She only really seems to be very condescending towards guys though; probably because of how guys treat her like royalty, and very bitter towards females; probably cause of how they're all very catty to her.
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 04:16   Link #1438
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Not...sure how this is different from normal people... Do you go around making friends with people you don't want to be friends with?
Well yeah, happens to me all the time.

Sometimes they just pick you.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 23:15   Link #1439
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well yeah, happens to me all the time.

Sometimes they just pick you.
Those are called stalkers ... call 911 or 119 (depending on location) if you see them again....

on a serious note I'm looking foward to the next volume, I'd be kinda happy if he rejects Sena so that he can really settle on his friendship with everyone. I honestly think he'll be freaked out by it for half the volume or more because no matter what he says it will change the relationship with Sena. BTW just because he's not with Sena doesn't mean he's gonna go running to Yozora before she fixes her head atleast.

Whoever he gets as a girlfriend will have to put up with Yukimura being there. I have a strong feeling that even his future wife will have to worry about Yukimura living in the house and doing all the housework for him.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 00:27   Link #1440
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
That first line made me lol.

Yukimura, the free live-in maid and the future stella -_-

The whole thing about just befriending anyone because they pick you reminds me too much of the whole mentality that people have that if you're nice to someone, they'll eventually come to friend/like you. It doesn't work that way .
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.