AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-19, 14:03   Link #201
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
It sucks Kento only got one episode. He was a pretty cool guy. I didn't expect him to be so socially awkward. I can understand why the heroine of that world was uncomfortable with him.

The heroine finally revealed everything to somebody, only to die 5 minutes later. I thought Kento might have been able to help since he seemed like an open-minded and smart guy.

Edit: actually, we didn't see her die this time around. It's possible her alternate self kept living.
__________________
Mikan & Yami

Last edited by Kanon; 2013-02-19 at 17:56.
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 14:09   Link #202
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fairy version of Kent called Kentorion

And finally Toma's route huh....
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 15:03   Link #203
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Seems like she switched to Kento this time.
He's an interesting, but kinda lost.
Festival was nice...
Wow, how many of them has she dated so far? Seems a lot.
Yet, he's the only one who figured out the truth about her memories.
Every episode is dedicated to her and one of the guys.
Each time it's her and a different guy.
At least this way we can get to know the male characters better.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 15:39   Link #204
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Something I've noticed after 3 guys is that MC-chan gets pulled into the next world shortly after she helps the current guy resolve some issue of his. Shin had daddy-anger issues he needed to get out. Ikki didn't trust women to actually be interested in him, thinking it was all due his special eyes. Kento didn't know how to be emotional, particularly with his romantic interests. It almost as if MC-chan is some sort of dimensional romance therapist. Is this why she's jumping dimensions? If so, who drafted her for the job??

/speculation
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:26   Link #205
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Wow Kento got screwed, only had 1 ep. Though out of the three guys so far he's been the most enjoyable.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:38   Link #206
mistress_kisara
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Too bad Kent only got one episode seriously if we have 13 eps. he could've had another ep. episode. I think they want to make Ukyo's route longer..
mistress_kisara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:50   Link #207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Something I've noticed after 3 guys is that MC-chan gets pulled into the next world shortly after she helps the current guy resolve some issue of his. Shin had daddy-anger issues he needed to get out. Ikki didn't trust women to actually be interested in him, thinking it was all due his special eyes. Kento didn't know how to be emotional, particularly with his romantic interests. It almost as if MC-chan is some sort of dimensional romance therapist. Is this why she's jumping dimensions? If so, who drafted her for the job??

/speculation
That's just what being a visual novel protagonist is about

It'd be boring if the love interests had no issues to resolve. I doubt this is actually a plot point, although I suppose they could have been playing with the trope.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:57   Link #208
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
It almost as if MC-chan is some sort of dimensional romance therapist. Is this why she's jumping dimensions? If so, who drafted her for the job??/speculation
Isn't that the case for most otome animes/games? All the dudes will have deep emotional wounds that can only be cured by no one but the heroine alone. Perhaps Dr.Phil was the one who drafted her for the job

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Too bad Kent only got one episode seriously if we have 13 eps. he could've had another ep. episode. I think they want to make Ukyo's route longer..
Well, assuming Touma only has 1 episode just like Kent, then we have 4 episodes left for Ukyo, which is good cause it would suck to allocate only 2 episodes for Ukyo. One problem I have with all the arcs so far is that the romance development feels contrived due to all the rushing, so hopefully Ukyo's arc will deliver.
__________________
A politically ignorant person who embraces only hedonism as the main philosophical doctrine.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 18:03   Link #209
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's just what being a visual novel protagonist is about

It'd be boring if the love interests had no issues to resolve. I doubt this is actually a plot point, although I suppose they could have been playing with the trope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Isn't that the case for most otome animes/games? All the dudes will have deep emotional wounds that can only be cured by no one but the heroine alone.
My lack of experience with otome animes & games is showing. I've never played an otome game. (Not a gamer at all.) The number of otome anime I've seen can be counted on one hand. So please forgive my ignorance of common themes. I'm not enough in the know yet.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 18:07   Link #210
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
My lack of experience with otome animes & games is showing. I've never played an otome game. (Not a gamer at all.) The number of otome anime I've seen can be counted on one hand. So please forgive my ignorance of common themes. I'm not enough in the know yet.
Don't worry! I am not much of a gamer myself, but it's not difficult to outline the typical "formula" in otome games/animes after going through only a few of them. I am sure if you watch 2 or more such animes, you can more or less guess the formula too This same pattern could also be applied to many shoujo mangas.
__________________
A politically ignorant person who embraces only hedonism as the main philosophical doctrine.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 20:58   Link #211
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portugal
Age: 28
Kind of odd how he readily accepts the existance of "fairy-kun" and paralel worlds. But he was kind of a nice guy, even if brutally honest ("I didn't care about the festival so I forgot about it"... yikes. Ouch.)
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 21:33   Link #212
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Wow, one Episode for one of the most awesome characters in this series so far? I am dissapointed.

And the ending was actually quite poignant, if the episode managed to get you to sympathize with Kento.

"Would I see you again tommorow?"

" Yes"

Get's sent to the next world. Ouch.

I wonder whether the original returned after that though.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 21:51   Link #213
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Kento's social awkwardness is amusing but Orion stole the second half this time.

"I DON'T LOOK LIKE THAT!"

lmao.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 02:59   Link #214
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
I'm starting to get the impression that, before her memory loss, MC-chan was the girlfriend of everyone in the whole town...

Theory time: before the story begins and before any hijinx related to time travel or amnesia reared their head, MC-chan was a femme fatale notorious for stringing along multiple guys at any given time. MC-chan's reputation preceded her, but so great was her beauty and irresistible her charm that every boy she encountered became trapped in her web, even whenever they knew they were just being played.

One dark and stormy night, MC-chan was driving down a secluded, quiet road en route to a date with one of her seven boyfriends. A little boy darted across the road, sure that nobody would be out at this time of night, and was hit by MC-chan's car. The boy's injuries were grave, but with the proper medical attention he could have been saved. Unfortunately, MC-chan was sexting one of her other boyfriends at the moment, and she was so engrossed in their roleplaying session that she never noticed hitting him.

That little boy was Orion. Left alone to bleed to death in the middle of the road, Orion's spirit was a vengeful one consumed by hate. Orion's spirit cast a curse upon the girl to deprive her of that which she loved above anything else... a curse to ensure the girl never managed to find love again. MC-chan's memories were erased, and a curse was placed upon her so that if she ever managed to find love again, time would reset to the morning of August the 1st, the day MC-chan killed Orion. That's why the time warps happen whenever MC-chan's romantic feelings for the other person first begin to blossom. Orion might seem like a cute little fairy, but that is just a mask. The true Orion is a being of pure contempt and malice, a spirit obsessed with taking revenge upon the girl who killed him.

You heard it here first, AnimeSuki. This might seem like a stretch, but I have faith that my theory is 100% correct.
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 04:28   Link #215
TheEroKing
On a Break
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
^Dr. Casey should be in Japan writing anime scripts, he comes up with some pretty cool stuff

About this episode, well too bad Kento couldn't see Orion, they would have hit it off as bffs having such fabulous fashion sense
__________________
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:15   Link #216
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portugal
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm starting to get the impression that, before her memory loss, MC-chan was the girlfriend of everyone in the whole town...

Theory time: before the story begins and before any hijinx related to time travel or amnesia reared their head, MC-chan was a femme fatale notorious for stringing along multiple guys at any given time. MC-chan's reputation preceded her, but so great was her beauty and irresistible her charm that every boy she encountered became trapped in her web, even whenever they knew they were just being played.

One dark and stormy night, MC-chan was driving down a secluded, quiet road en route to a date with one of her seven boyfriends. A little boy darted across the road, sure that nobody would be out at this time of night, and was hit by MC-chan's car. The boy's injuries were grave, but with the proper medical attention he could have been saved. Unfortunately, MC-chan was sexting one of her other boyfriends at the moment, and she was so engrossed in their roleplaying session that she never noticed hitting him.

That little boy was Orion. Left alone to bleed to death in the middle of the road, Orion's spirit was a vengeful one consumed by hate. Orion's spirit cast a curse upon the girl to deprive her of that which she loved above anything else... a curse to ensure the girl never managed to find love again. MC-chan's memories were erased, and a curse was placed upon her so that if she ever managed to find love again, time would reset to the morning of August the 1st, the day MC-chan killed Orion. That's why the time warps happen whenever MC-chan's romantic feelings for the other person first begin to blossom. Orion might seem like a cute little fairy, but that is just a mask. The true Orion is a being of pure contempt and malice, a spirit obsessed with taking revenge upon the girl who killed him.

You heard it here first, AnimeSuki. This might seem like a stretch, but I have faith that my theory is 100% correct.
This is.... f'ing awesome.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:35   Link #217
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm starting to get the impression that, before her memory loss, MC-chan was the girlfriend of everyone in the whole town...

Theory time: before the story begins and before any hijinx related to time travel or amnesia reared their head, MC-chan was a femme fatale notorious for stringing along multiple guys at any given time. MC-chan's reputation preceded her, but so great was her beauty and irresistible her charm that every boy she encountered became trapped in her web, even whenever they knew they were just being played.

One dark and stormy night, MC-chan was driving down a secluded, quiet road en route to a date with one of her seven boyfriends. A little boy darted across the road, sure that nobody would be out at this time of night, and was hit by MC-chan's car. The boy's injuries were grave, but with the proper medical attention he could have been saved. Unfortunately, MC-chan was sexting one of her other boyfriends at the moment, and she was so engrossed in their roleplaying session that she never noticed hitting him.

That little boy was Orion. Left alone to bleed to death in the middle of the road, Orion's spirit was a vengeful one consumed by hate. Orion's spirit cast a curse upon the girl to deprive her of that which she loved above anything else... a curse to ensure the girl never managed to find love again. MC-chan's memories were erased, and a curse was placed upon her so that if she ever managed to find love again, time would reset to the morning of August the 1st, the day MC-chan killed Orion. That's why the time warps happen whenever MC-chan's romantic feelings for the other person first begin to blossom. Orion might seem like a cute little fairy, but that is just a mask. The true Orion is a being of pure contempt and malice, a spirit obsessed with taking revenge upon the girl who killed him.

You heard it here first, AnimeSuki. This might seem like a stretch, but I have faith that my theory is 100% correct.
Where does Ukyo play into all this? Nice theory btw. It's prob gonna be better than whatever the actual story dishes out.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 10:22   Link #218
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Ikki didn't trust women to actually be interested in him, thinking it was all due his special eyes.
She didn't fix anything for Ikki, he remains oblivious that his plight is due to the psycho fan club, not to mention from his point of view the love of his life just got murdered in a lake.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 10:30   Link #219
Konja7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Isn't that the case for most otome animes/games? All the dudes will have deep emotional wounds that can only be cured by no one but the heroine alone. Perhaps Dr.Phil was the one who drafted her for the job

Well, assuming Touma only has 1 episode just like Kent, then we have 4 episodes left for Ukyo, which is good cause it would suck to allocate only 2 episodes for Ukyo. One problem I have with all the arcs so far is that the romance development feels contrived due to all the rushing, so hopefully Ukyo's arc will deliver.
I do not think Touma has only one episode, because the story of him is complicated. Also, it seems that Touma is the favorite character (at least among the players of the game).
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 10:43   Link #220
kaemiko chan
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Fairy version of Kent called Kentorion

And finally Toma's route huh....

WOW this is so cute!!!

Love Kent
kaemiko chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.