AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-22, 12:20   Link #3141
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
yeah if you want i could find the link or maybe i could just upload everything I DLed to my 4shared account. and u can DL it from there.
I think you are referring to the icons, non?

But nah, I have no desire to make my tank into itasha.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:35   Link #3142
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Now that is good application of economic thought to WoT. I may do something similar for my E50M...
Haha, it is very neat considering you don't "lose anything" buy spending all your silver on consumables during a sale -- that is unless there is an immediate need for liquidity again during the sale. Remember to leave a buffer for gains/losses vis-a-vis ammo and repair costs during the event!
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:40   Link #3143
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In A Certain Magical Place.


look at me i like to show off, not.....

well Q, I know I don't want to look at a bunch off dudes in the garage, even Pen made fun of me about that.

i'm no too far away from tier X, hold on that means i'll be the first with a tier X tank in the clan......

wow 3 months and already tier X.

btw has anyone heard of the player called SideStrafe that does utube on WoT.
__________________
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:43   Link #3144
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
I dunno man... I see Welkin's face and then I see Sergeant Noddings...

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:56   Link #3145
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In A Certain Magical Place.
it seems expert players in WoT complain of bad games sometimes. also there are alot of stupid players that are ret***d and lack logic in the game, their talking trash and stuff. i'm going like this in my head when i read chat, ummm.... go hang your self, let alone uninstall the game. I hate backseat drivers sometimes, I mean revealing ppl's last spotting position, so that the alive ppl can make some tactics to win if they can. well i don't rant often myself, but i do start ranting, its main becuz i had enuf of this sh*t.
__________________
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:57   Link #3146
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In A Certain Magical Place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I think you are referring to the icons, non?

But nah, I have no desire to make my tank into itasha.

- Tak
yeah. like i said i save my dls usually put them on my external hd or upload it to the cloud storage.
__________________
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:59   Link #3147
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
it seems expert players in WoT complain of bad games sometimes. also there are alot of stupid players that are ret***d and lack logic in the game, their talking trash and stuff. i'm going like this in my head when i read chat, ummm.... go hang your self, let alone uninstall the game. I hate backseat drivers sometimes, I mean revealing ppl's last spotting position, so that the alive ppl can make some tactics to win if they can. well i don't rant often myself, but i do start ranting, its main becuz i had enuf of this sh*t.
The funny part is, the ones to complain first are usually ones who die... first

Then they go "bad team, trashy team, stupid team, dumb team" blah blah blah blah blah

Then we pull a win... just to spite them.

Don't believe me? ES & Wil can verify the crazies we pulled off.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:24   Link #3148
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
it seems expert players in WoT complain of bad games sometimes. also there are alot of stupid players that are ret***d and lack logic in the game, their talking trash and stuff. i'm going like this in my head when i read chat, ummm.... go hang your self, let alone uninstall the game. I hate backseat drivers sometimes, I mean revealing ppl's last spotting position, so that the alive ppl can make some tactics to win if they can. well i don't rant often myself, but i do start ranting, its main becuz i had enuf of this sh*t.
You have to realize that most people play for fun. To be a good player you have to do a lot of thinking, which for a lot of people simply isn't fun. I like a balance so that's why I have lower-tier tanks that are both easier to play and always make a profit even if I die very quickly.

What I hate is when people play badly at or above tier 5.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:30   Link #3149
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
You have to realize that most people play for fun. To be a good player you have to do a lot of thinking, which for a lot of people simply isn't fun. I like a balance so that's why I have lower-tier tanks that are both easier to play and always make a profit even if I die very quickly.

What I hate is when people play badly at or above tier 5.
To make it more interesting, I go into the game shouting Soviet motivations...

Ah, you are missing out if you weren't there to see it, its really, really fun

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:35   Link #3150
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In A Certain Magical Place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The funny part is, the ones to complain first are usually ones who die... first

Then they go "bad team, trashy team, stupid team, dumb team" blah blah blah blah blah

Then we pull a win... just to spite them.

Don't believe me? ES & Wil can verify the crazies we pulled off.

- Tak
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
You have to realize that most people play for fun. To be a good player you have to do a lot of thinking, which for a lot of people simply isn't fun. I like a balance so that's why I have lower-tier tanks that are both easier to play and always make a profit even if I die very quickly.

What I hate is when people play badly at or above tier 5.
very true guys. sure i'm the nub WoT player that cheat my way to tier 9 with free xp instead of share your pain of grinding. within 3 months of playing. LOL, just goes to show tho i'm a complete nub again, but my past experience on FPS games, and MMOs, and RTS games i've played on the PC only (cuz i'm like a boss and thinks consoles are for ppl who can't afford a decent PC and internet) makes up for me being a complete nub.

sure most of u played since beta or since 2011, but i'm a specialist of jack of all trades, well I haven't really played Halo/Crysis/WoW/CoD/etc.

but I have played Risk/MoH series/BF series/Civilization/CoH series/AoE series/EE series/DAoC/GW2/and countless other games that were free4play.
__________________
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:41   Link #3151
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
You know what this game needs? A mobile engineering half-track repair unit that serves as a healer...

WoT-MMO conversion, complete!

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:43   Link #3152
Strigon 13
Electrosphere
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Why do you want to know?
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
very true guys. sure i'm the nub WoT player that cheat my way to tier 9 with free xp instead of share your pain of grinding. within 3 months of playing. LOL, just goes to show tho i'm a complete nub again, but my past experience on FPS games, and MMOs, and RTS games i've played on the PC only (cuz i'm like a boss and thinks consoles are for ppl who can't afford a decent PC and internet) makes up for me being a complete nub.

sure most of u played since beta or since 2011, but i'm a specialist of jack of all trades, well I haven't really played Halo/Crysis/WoW/CoD/etc.

but I have played Risk/MoH series/BF series/Civilization/CoH series/AoE series/EE series/DAoC/GW2/and countless other games that were free4play.
Well, you are exactly like me on that department. I'm not the best but sure i can defend myself with what i'm playing with at the time (Like sniping if i'm in a TD, brawling if i'm in a Heavy, flanking or scouting if i'm on a medium or light) although my best skill is in arty.

And I've played at least 1 game of every genre so far.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic131508_1.gif
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:50   Link #3153
Kimidori
Let's Play
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, this is where I don't understand. The T34 is probably superior to most Tier 8s out there, and its a premium tank. It basically has a Tier 10 gun.

- Tak
as many have said, gun not make a tank superior to other. T34, while its gun have good pen and alpha, it have horrible accuracy, long aim time and reload time. the tank itself have terrible hull armor that can be pen by tier 5. the turret, while have good armor, but have a huge weak point on top that is the commader cupola. the tank is also slow and have no mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post

btw has anyone heard of the player called SideStrafe that does utube on WoT.
yep, I have watched all his Cent 7 videos
__________________
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:54   Link #3154
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
as many have said, gun not make a tank superior to other. T34, while its gun have good pen and alpha, it have horrible accuracy, long aim time and reload time. the tank itself have terrible hull armor that can be pen by tier 5. the turret, while have good armor, but have a huge weak point on top that is the commader cupola. the tank is also slow and have no mobility
Except when its a premium tank, all those concerns about armor and mobility become secondary, at least for me. The gun stats are what I look for in a prem tank, because thats what makes money.

If this was a non-prem tank, I'd be worried, but the T34 is not a non-prem. Believe it or not, its actually faster than a KT with only slightly inferior traverse rate. I enjoyed playing the tank actually in one of the tests. I am going to buy it when its being offered at 50% discount.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 14:09   Link #3155
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
very true guys. sure i'm the nub WoT player that cheat my way to tier 9 with free xp instead of share your pain of grinding. within 3 months of playing. LOL, just goes to show tho i'm a complete nub again, but my past experience on FPS games, and MMOs, and RTS games i've played on the PC only (cuz i'm like a boss and thinks consoles are for ppl who can't afford a decent PC and internet) makes up for me being a complete nub.
You're not a noob, if you were you'd have died much faster in those games with me and Sumeragi. Admittedly I wasn't really paying attention to you were playing, but I remember seeing in the battle reports that you got plenty of damages most of the time.

The biggest traits of noobs is that they either rush forward and forget to take cover or retreat when needed, or that they sit around "guarding" something that doesn't need to be guarded, like arty, and do not support their team. They don't consider which friendly tanks can support them if they suddenly decide to rush across that field or drive down that street, and they don't stop to think about what enemy tanks are awaiting them if they move.

RE: T34 premium tank: I have one on another account, and I don't like it. However that's probably me just not being accustomed to how it ought to be played, as well as a lack of crew skill and equipment.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 14:13   Link #3156
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Except when its a premium tank, all those concerns about armor and mobility become secondary, at least for me. The gun stats are what I look for in a prem tank, because thats what makes money.

If this was a non-prem tank, I'd be worried, but the T34 is not a non-prem. Believe it or not, its actually faster than a KT with only slightly inferior traverse rate. I enjoyed playing the tank actually in one of the tests. I am going to buy it when its being offered at 50% discount.

- Tak
It'll never be offered at a 50% discount. Last time it was on discount it was 15% off.
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 14:14   Link #3157
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
It'll never be offered at a 50% discount. Last time it was on discount it was 15% off.
Just as well

Then again, I am not even sure if I want to buy a T34 as I already have both the T-25 and the RAM-II already.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 14:31   Link #3158
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Just as well

Then again, I am not even sure if I want to buy a T34 as I already have both the T-25 and the RAM-II already.

- Tak
I actually sold my RAM-II. I did very well on it but I just started finding it not fun after a while. So I converted my real money into psuedo-real money and then converted that psuedo-real money into psuedo-less real money..

PS: I found my baby picture sitting on a RAM-II at the Beatty Street Drill Hall in Vancouver, BC (Canada)! I should post it when I have the time. There's a RAM-II and a Sherman sitting in front of it. I need to do a "Then and Now" comparison one of these days when I'm back in town again..
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 14:36   Link #3159
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I actually sold my RAM-II. I did very well on it but I just started finding it not fun after a while. So I converted my real money into psuedo-real money and then converted that psuedo-real money into psuedo-less real money..
See, I buy Prem-tanks not for fun. I buy them for 1 purpose only: Credits

The T-25 for example, is a pretty painful vehicle to drive

But it has a gun thats slightly better than any tanks in the Tier V German line.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 14:43   Link #3160
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Thanks to the Magnificent 7 weekend bonus I'll be getting the VK3002DB tomorrow. My original plan is to use the VK3002DB to get the Panther, while I'm still planning to research the Panther I'm not planning to get it. After checking out the Panther's guns I can't say it excites me (then again neither does the DB, what happened to having a gun upgrade? :\).

Instead I'm planning to grind 75k xp and hope it's enough for the next tank in the future new German medium line. Does anyone if this trick will work or should I wait until new details are revealed before starting the actual grind?
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.