AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-19, 19:33   Link #2041
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Not all of them, otherwise he'd have at least one more ability. With three bonuses to choose from on the way to Level 4, after getting Splash Stinger and the unbelievably crappy SGD, there was one other bonus. (Lighting Cyan Spike would be the special attack he started with.) He also reaches Level 5 after the Dusk Taker fight, right? What does he spend that on?


Anyway, how exactly does Ardor Maiden "purify"? She removes status effects or something?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 20:08   Link #2042
garf02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Not all of them, otherwise he'd have at least one more ability. With three bonuses to choose from on the way to Level 4, after getting Splash Stinger and the unbelievably crappy SGD, there was one other bonus. (Lighting Cyan Spike would be the special attack he started with.) He also reaches Level 5 after the Dusk Taker fight, right? What does he spend that on?


Anyway, how exactly does Ardor Maiden "purify"? She removes status effects or something?
No idea, I cant read jap, so all I know is that Maiden (being a Miko like avatar) can du purification ritual, but from what Raker said, they are long.
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 20:14   Link #2043
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 19
The purifying flames are an IS technique IIRC.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:56   Link #2044
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
Well now they don't have to bug Haru for flights, just take your friendly neighbourhood ferry, the Niko Bus!
Now if only the wheels becomes hover pads, she will the perfect transpor for land and sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
He didn't specialize at all. Taku spent his leveling up bonuses on new moves rather than focusing on one thing (eg, Haru with flight speed/time, Lotus with her blades).
...Taku, you haven't played any MMO's at all. Almost universal rule in character stats allocation in MMO's: Specialization is the key to progress. Never be a hybrid.
__________________
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 08:36   Link #2045
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
...Taku, you haven't played any MMO's at all. Almost universal rule in character stats allocation in MMO's: Specialization is the key to progress. Never be a hybrid.
Specialization is for team players.

I have a feeling that Cyan Pile was too much of a lone wolf, trying to look after himself because he didn't (or couldn't) trust his Parent or fellow legionaires to look after him.

The relationship between Black Lotus and her Elements was extremely close and trusting, so much so that she, Sky Raker and Ardor Maiden each knew the others in real life.


I hold out hope that the Unlimited Neutral Field has a dungeon where you can win yourself a re-spec. For awesomeness, you have to fight a mirror match against yourself.

Either your formerly specced self, after stripping you of all bonuses, or the specced self that you want to be.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 14:20   Link #2046
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 19
Breakdown16 released chapter 1 of V8 today on BT. Check it out!

Spoiler for My response:
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 22:33   Link #2047
garf02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
Breakdown16 released chapter 1 of V8 today on BT. Check it out!

Spoiler for My response:
I love that they are finally resuming the work (you included) but, I would prefer if they did it in order, other way those that are not spoiled like us will have no hell Idea whats going on
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 22:57   Link #2048
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 19
I don't really have anything to say about this, the translations really are like these because of the TL's preferences. EternalDreamer is already working on Progressive. Xplorer30 is doing V6, and his tagline is 'Slow as usual'. Kai Ding probably has RL stuff, same as I, and then Breakdown16 just joined the mix. I can't speak for the whole team, but at this point, I seem to see it as a 'every man for his own volume' effort. It's not bad, considering this thread is already spoiler-filled, but is it good?

In the meantime, I promise to speed up V11. I'm quitting one of my jobs to save my time and money, and that should free up spare time too.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-02-24 at 12:12. Reason: V6 is project head, major slip.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:16   Link #2049
belatkuro
Kuro-chan
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
As long as the translation and terminologies are consistent, it's fine with me. I see no reason to dictate what order they should do it as it's their decision to do the volume they wish to do(or what's left anyways). Translators do it on their own pace too so if one volume gets translated faster than others, it really can't be helped.
More like, I'm actually glad that we have a lot of translators now in AW so complaining about volume X getting translated first before volume Y will not really help them do it faster.

tl;dr just suck it up. We're getting this for free anyways.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:50   Link #2050
garf02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
As long as the translation and terminologies are consistent, it's fine with me. I see no reason to dictate what order they should do it as it's their decision to do the volume they wish to do(or what's left anyways). Translators do it on their own pace too so if one volume gets translated faster than others, it really can't be helped.
More like, I'm actually glad that we have a lot of translators now in AW so complaining about volume X getting translated first before volume Y will not really help them do it faster.

tl;dr just suck it up. We're getting this for free anyways.
Chill dude, I was just saying

Also, Vol 13 Raw are out

Spoiler for maybe:


they are Raw for vol 13, the Overall Quality is Medium

I wont work on cleaning this pics unless its is last resort

Last edited by garf02; 2013-02-24 at 03:31.
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 12:07   Link #2051
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 19
Chinese Wiki Translation

Continuing from Haru which I did here, next is Kuroyukihime. I'll abbreviate her name as KYH.
Spoiler for Chinese Wiki KYH:


Spoiler for My response:


The rest of the sections are shorter, thankfully, but I'll do those after I translate some more V11. I quit one of my jobs already, so while I hunt for a better one (or not) 'll be translating more. Expect to see Chiyu next, unless you guys want suffering Taku?

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-02-25 at 00:05.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 14:08   Link #2052
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
This really ought to go into the thread dedicated to KYH, since it's entirely about her and contained within spoiler tags anyway.

Also, I have ideas on how that article could be much better organized.


Didn't Fuuko say that breaking ties with KYH is what drove KYH to declare war on the rest of the Accelerated World? That doesn't fit with her being part of NN after the Red King's murder, and even part of the attack on the palace.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 15:55   Link #2053
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Thanks for your work, tusjecht! Much appreciated
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:54   Link #2054
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
This really ought to go into the thread dedicated to KYH, since it's entirely about her and contained within spoiler tags anyway.

Also, I have ideas on how that article could be much better organized.


Didn't Fuuko say that breaking ties with KYH is what drove KYH to declare war on the rest of the Accelerated World? That doesn't fit with her being part of NN after the Red King's murder, and even part of the attack on the palace.
This is part of a request by orpheus2 that I translate the Chinese wiki section. And it's not disappointing, one good one is the confirmation of what is Lotus' IS attacks.

Also, the article was like that. I translated line by line, and inserted in new line breaks when I felt necessary to avoid walls of text. The raw is grammatically correct, Chinese-wise, but yes, when translated it makes less sense to have stats about Lotus, for example, to be all over the place.

Did Fuuko say that? IIRC she did not, KYH mainly declared war to oppose the stagnative action onthe other Kings by agreeing to not kill each other. Old NN's breakup was also not mentioned exactly, so Fuuko was most likely still flying with NN for awhile.

The wiki seems to be relying on the original LNs, so a lot of the spoilers can't be confirmed yet. You can always ask them to check for you though, if you'd like some source for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Thanks for your work, tusjecht! Much appreciated
Ah, thank you.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 17:13   Link #2055
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
Also, the article was like that.
I figured it was. But I also figured it might be possible... no, that's probably too much trouble. Nevermind.

Anyway, yes, thank you for sharing.


Quote:
yes, when translated it makes less sense to have stats about Lotus, for example, to be all over the place.
The chronology is also a little haphazard, and details strictly about her personality are split up into two places.


Quote:
Did Fuuko say that? IIRC she did not
I just recently watched the episode where she spoke with Silver Crow, mentioning her falling out with Black Lotus and how she felt that drove her king and friend to hare off into war.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 18:29   Link #2056
garf02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Didn't Fuuko say that breaking ties with KYH is what drove KYH to declare war on the rest of the Accelerated World? That doesn't fit with her being part of NN after the Red King's murder, and even part of the attack on the palace.
Spoiler for war and old NN, heavy on spoilers:
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 18:47   Link #2057
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
So, Fuuko lied? Cuz she said she got Lotus to cut them off.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 18:50   Link #2058
garf02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
So, Fuuko lied? Cuz she said she got Lotus to cut them off.
Spoiler for she did:
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 23:13   Link #2059
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 19
Hm, maybe I should repost the Seven Roses saga after all. Editing the KYH post....

Credits to garf02 for original spoiler, of course. (:

And on a side note, I have no idea but the wiki originally has it as 'Seven Roads'.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 05:31   Link #2060
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 19
Apologise for double post.

I've uploaded V11 prologue onto BT. Enjoy!
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.