AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 00:47   Link #181
mangafreak7793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I felt like Kazuki's initial character had little presence and barely stood out at all, so his change in volume 4 was something I welcomed.
true, I could understand that but I felt the situation and how it was executed left a bad taste in my mouth.
mangafreak7793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 05:35   Link #182
hellscythe
black raison d'etre

I just saw the illustrations... can't wait for vol6 I hope it can fill in some gaps that vol 5 left in my head ...>.<
Old 2013-02-02, 03:31   Link #183
alviam099

Oh shoot. Nice that the next one is the final one kinda felt that volume 5 was rushed.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:58   Link #184
blackwhite67
Banned

Thanks ‎EusthEnoptEron! Volume 6 is up!
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 18:02   Link #185
Zakoo

My body is ready.

Here I give you the usual gif when there's a LN fully translated :

Spoiler for NSFW:

Thank sir ... Now should I go sleep or ... die tomorrow after not sleeping?
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 20:03   Link #186
Allen
メインヒロイン

Well, well, well...
Spoiler for Vol06:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 20:35   Link #187
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Well, well, well...
Spoiler for Vol06:
^ this. Total agreement.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 22:09   Link #188
Utsuro no Hako

Thanks EusthEnoptEron, and thanks to whoever made the epub generator so I don't have to spend an hour formatting the text for my Kindle.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 08:17   Link #189
whitecloud

either that...or there will be somewhat a bittersweet ending as maria is basically is in computer term clean state..and can be influenced...

about haruaki, kokone, daiki, kazu relationship only time would tell...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 18:35   Link #190
VitaX

Well, started it at 1 PM and finished 5 hours later. Each volume is a masterpiece in my opinion in pulling the reader in. I usually can't read a light novel for too long in one sitting. Not the case with this one. I'm curious to see how the story will end in Volume 7.

I hate to say this though, but it has been a while since I read the previous volumes. What exactly is/are the powers of the flawed bliss that Maria has?
VitaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 00:22   Link #191
waffler

man i dont think a happy ending is possible now i think that kazuki is gonna die cuz hes slowly turning insane ):
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 03:54   Link #192
Qilin
Romanticist

Spoiler for volume 6:

I'm looking forward to the next volume in any case just to see how this train wreck wraps itself up.
Old 2013-02-23, 04:37   Link #193
NeutralZero

The way Daiya got stabbed... its not enough... a would be god who think he can trample everything should suffer more...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 04:52   Link #194
Qilin
Romanticist

^ And yet, if you find yourself thinking such, you'd be putting yourself on the same level as him.
Old 2013-02-23, 05:14   Link #195
NeutralZero

Point taken... but that form of Karma is not enough for all the characters that were screwed because of him...
Death will always be the cheapest way to repent for one's crime...
Old 2013-02-23, 11:05   Link #196
Utsuro no Hako

It was nice to see Yuuri screw Daiya over -- after all she's been through, she deserves to get revenge. Too bad Mogi didn't get to be as awesome.

So the question is, will Kazuki have anyone to help him in the next book. Haruaki and Mogi seem like they're done with him, Daiya's out of the picture, and I wouldn't trust Iroha with anything. Kokone and Yuuri are still possibilities if they recover from their ordeals, but otherwise seems like he'll be on his own to face O and Aya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
man i dont think a happy ending is possible now i think that kazuki is gonna die cuz hes slowly turning insane ):
I expect a Madoka type ending where Kazuki's able to undo everything Flawed Bliss and O have done, bring back not only the Zeroth Maria but also fix Daiya, Kokone, Mogi, and both Yanagis, but in the process he'll disappear from existence.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 05:45   Link #197
hellscythe
black raison d'etre

^ I really want a happy ending.. ;(
Old 2013-02-25, 06:04   Link #198
NeutralZero

Also want a happy ending... except for Daiya... or Daiya... or Daiya...
But all characters involve seems to be scarred for life for it to have a good ending... a really nice way of screwing them...
A time reset Madoka style sucks especially if all gain a decent present-future also if it will include Daiya with it minus the MC that will disappear and be forgotten...

Yuuri aside but all the characters involve started to evade the MC even though he isn't 100% responsible... and the one that started the whole thing just got off with an easy way out of it...
No good deed really goes unpunished...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2013-02-25 at 06:56. Reason: add on
Old 2013-02-28, 00:06   Link #199
Shadow5YA

Well... after finally reading book 6, I can see why people might not like Kazuki's change so much. While I did enjoy his firmer conviction in book 4, I felt like book 6 did take it a bit too far. Even Kazuki himself is aware of his radical change.

Daiya on the other hand was beautifully written. Back when I only read the first volume, I never would have expected such a complex and complete character along with a circle of relationships that seems to have so much history behind it.

If I ignore Kazuki's side to all this and just look at this volume as Daiya'd personal quest, where he aims to become a hero to save the good and punish the "bad" for lofty, grand ideals, only to realize that he's a flawed human who acted for more personal reasons from the very beginning, it's complete story from start to finish.

As for Kazuki and Maria's relationship... I'm not sure what to make of it. On one hand, I still enjoy what the guy stood for: not just Maria Otonashi as the girl he wants to save, but as a mere boy who believes that what everyone is looking for can be found through less supernatural and more "ordinary" means - or if it can't, it's still possible to find some fragment of happiness left. After all, in the end most "box" users never had their wishes granted from the wish they made in the beginning, but by regular people who reached out to them. Kasumi Mogi never got to win over Kazuki with her box, but she was still able to resolve her feelings that she regretfully couldn't complete because of the motorcycle accident. Daiya's lofty goals to punish the ignorant aside, he simply wanted a way for Kokone to be happy, and in the end all it really took was for both of them to bear their scars and talk to each other again.
In the end, the resolution of each individual character's story just reinforces what Kazuki stands for: the fact that the boxes do not really give them the magical miracle they seek.

However, I can't help but feel like Kazuki's character has taken a downturn. Sure, I could take the fact that he what he did to Kokone as a "counter-theme" to Aya's, where he is willing to accept that the means to reach the end that he desires will never be perfect while Aya is unwilling to compromise or bend any of her principles to get what she wants, which is what led to her defeat. She didn't want to hurt anyone, which made it harder on Daiya to win. She didn't want to sacrifice Kokone, which is what led her to lose Daiya's box...
... but even if Kazuki is "right", he still comes off as very unappealing. Sure, Kazuki's desire for Maria can be seen as a bit of selfishness that Aya lacks, but it comes off obsessive in this volume. Ideally I would want a "hero" or a protagonist of a story to come off as appealing or at least understandable, but in that sense this would be Kazuki's weakest showing yet.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 01:14   Link #200
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

I'm pretty sure one of the author's notes states that he absolutely loves Daiya, and wanted to write a story about him, and that he hates/dislike Kazuki...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen