AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-01-24, 07:35   Link #1
apu

core media player

I hope this is the right forums to post this. Theres a new core media player out and it can play h264 and mkv files. Well works for me at least. The only problem I have seen so far is it uses more cpu power, which will hurt some people.
apu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 08:49   Link #2
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

But... it still installs OggDS and Gabest's Matroska splitter (although it gives you the Haali installer too, in a separate folder). As long as one disables those, it should work, though.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 08:54   Link #3
apu

Whats wrong with OggDS and Gabest's Matroska splitter? Just curious
Old 2006-01-24, 09:31   Link #4
Nicholi
King of Hosers

They give you indigestion.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 09:41   Link #5
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Ahem... to clarify on Nicholi's answer: OggDS has an evil tendency to crash Explorer randomly unless you unregister shmedia.dll. It also has a set of other random bugs, like for example not showing subtitles by default and not unless you seek in the file.
As for Gabest's Matroska splitter, it's usually just outdated. I notice that Gabest released a new version on November 25th, 2005, but before that it hadn't been updated since March 2005. At least the older version didn't work properly with all newer Matroska files (it displayed incorrect times, among other things), but I haven't tested the new version, so I don't know if works properly now. In any case, Haali's splitter has more features and is updated on a much more regular basis.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 18:11   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Fortunately you can simply choose not to install the codecs with the player. It works quite well with either the AnimeSuki Playback Guide or the CCCP.

For me, Core Media Player is teh win.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 19:43   Link #7
apu

I used to use core media player for everything it was my favorite player. Until h264 came out and I pretty much had to switch to my second choice which is mpc.
But luckly I can use cmp again To me the picture of shows look better on cmp.
Then again video quality is in the eye of the viewer.