AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-23, 22:03   Link #3401
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Spoiler for ep 21:
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 22:35   Link #3402
RDF2050
Gundam Meister
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 24
There is no word for me to describe the emotions I had in this episode...
__________________
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 23:09   Link #3403
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I'd rather have a conclusion and let it rest. "Dragging" the series more would just ruin it, IMO.
It would... but I don't think going beyond a second season would automatically be dragging it. Some stories take longer to tell than 26 episodes.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 01:02   Link #3404
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
First of all, thank you, Sonata! How didn't I think about that? And Mimomari sure is growing into a nice mistress.

Back to the plot, Yuuko is the protagonist, but there might be a worse price to pay for that than dissapearing.

Spoiler for Episode 21:

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2013-02-24 at 01:14.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 01:29   Link #3405
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I would bet more on Chieri as Yuuko. I think her soul purpose would be more aligned with what we saw with Yuuko, while Nagisa makes me think more of Acchan, like how she acted on Tundrastar, wanting the people there to see the AKB live, similar to what Acchan tells Tsubasa is her reason for doing performances.
I kinda disagree on that. I think there's quite a bit of parallelism between Acchan and Chieri. For example, during her election speech Chieri said "I love you all" and Acchan said pretty much the same thing when she was talking with Mariko in this episode (in a flashback). Furthermore, in episode 13 Acchan told Mariko she wanted to do concerts because she wanted to meet the fans, not because the fans were waiting for her. This is the same thing Chieri said when she was asking Tsubasa to let them perform in Rankastar (Chieri used pretty much the same wording than Acchan did too).

There's also how Nagisa has declared Chieri as her rival. It's kinda like how Yuuko always says that Acchan is her rival. Chieri on the other hand is more like Acchan in that they don't have any specific rivalry. Chieri competes with Nagisa and Yuuko because these two challenged her first.

Than again, maybe all this is misdirection. It wouldn't be rare coming from Kawamori. All I'm saying is that there is enough ground work to make Chieri an Acchan successor if they wanted to.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 01:59   Link #3406
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
...I am going to make that son of a bitch eat his own intestines. And I'll make sure he's conscious the whole time so he can watch himself being cut open.

I am now moderately upset. If evil people are not violently killed for this I may be forced to take my anger out on the series' creators who dared to let them get away with this.
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:17   Link #3407
ndqanh_vn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I kinda disagree on that. I think there's quite a bit of parallelism between Acchan and Chieri. For example, during her election speech Chieri said "I love you all" and Acchan said pretty much the same thing when she was talking with Mariko in this episode (in a flashback). Furthermore, in episode 13 Acchan told Mariko she wanted to do concerts because she wanted to meet the fans, not because the fans were waiting for her. This is the same thing Chieri said when she was asking Tsubasa to let them perform in Rankastar (Chieri used pretty much the same wording than Acchan did too).

There's also how Nagisa has declared Chieri as her rival. It's kinda like how Yuuko always says that Acchan is her rival. Chieri on the other hand is more like Acchan in that they don't have any specific rivalry. Chieri competes with Nagisa and Yuuko because these two challenged her first.

Than again, maybe all this is misdirection. It wouldn't be rare coming from Kawamori. All I'm saying is that there is enough ground work to make Chieri an Acchan successor if they wanted to.
well, I think the character of the real life (or original one) is more important. Chieri is just too...talented. She shines too brightly to become Acchan. I always think the reason Aki-P chooses Meada Atsuko to be the Ace is because she's extremely normal. She fits well into the "girl next door" (more like idol next door) image of AKB48. She is not the best in singing or dancing and too shy to be a good speaker. That's why some girls reacted badly when she was chosen as the center in the first place, much like Nagisa in the last season. A girl who is at the front, but in the same time was pretty much in the background, I think that's what makes Maeda Atsuko successful. Sorry if it sounds too confusing.

Chieri fits Yuko much more. She works hard. Her personality is very dorminant. She's full of charms. Her talent in singing and dancing is better than other kenkyusei.

That's being said, I wonder why do we have to have the successor thingy? Should Nagisa and Chieri take the names of some idols? Why can't they be succesful as themselves? Kenkyusei could perform well and attract fans while they're still being themselves, like Mimori and Chieri in the general election, why should they become somebody else?

It's ironic that the series sometimes put a lot of emphasis into "creativity" (for example, when Yuko scolded Nagisa for copying her styles) but in the end, all the girls only strive for becomming the perfect clone of some ancient idols.

oh...and suddenly remembered....that family of ALL TOMOMI is too creepy...
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:38   Link #3408
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
well, I think the character of the real life (or original one) is more important. Chieri is just too...talented. She shines too brightly to become Acchan. I always think the reason Aki-P chooses Meada Atsuko to be the Ace is because she's extremely normal. She fits well into the "girl next door" (more like idol next door) image of AKB48. She is not the best in singing or dancing and too shy to be a good speaker. That's why some girls reacted badly when she was chosen as the center in the first place, much like Nagisa in the last season. A girl who is at the front, but in the same time was pretty much in the background, I think that's what makes Maeda Atsuko successful. Sorry if it sounds too confusing.
You have a point there, but it has been said that having a similar personality won't necessarily make you a successor. What's most important is the soul's purpose, its goal. For example, what Hikari wanted the most was to beat Acchan the 13th, so she became a Yuuko successor (you know, because the original Yuuko also had the goal of beating Acchan). Matching the goal of the original is what matter the most.

If you think about Nagisa... she's still a understudy but she has already made a public declaration that she wants to beat Chieri and Yuuko and become Center Nova. That kinda goal doesn't match Acchan, who didn't really have such great aspirations at first. In fact Nagisa seems pretty aggressive right now. She feels a little bit more like Yuuko than Acchan.

On the other hand, Chieri's rather passive right now. She doesn't go out of her wait to declare any rivalry and such, for instance. She's pretty competitive, yes, but in a passive way: Yuuko and Nagisa challenged her first, Chieri is merely responding to their challenge. This passive behavior feels a bit like Acchan to me.


But then again, I don't disagree that Nagisa will become Acchan. She's the main character after all. All I'm saying is that they could go in a different direction if they wanted to and it still would make sense.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-02-24 at 02:50.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:44   Link #3409
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Anyone who tries to make Chieri cut her luscious hair will also suffer my wrath.
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:52   Link #3410
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Anyone who tries to make Chieri cut her luscious hair will also suffer my wrath.
But if it's anything like this picture she would look really cute. Don't you think?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:55   Link #3411
RDF2050
Gundam Meister
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But then again, I don't disagree that Nagisa will become Acchan. She's the main character after all. All I'm saying is that they could go in a different direction if they wanted to and it still would make sense.
We are dealing with Kawamori Shoji. He will show you something then troll you with something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But if it's anything like this picture she would look really cute. Don't you think?
I really like this one. (wish people could translate the kanji :3)
__________________
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:57   Link #3412
ranchan13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Did anyone else notice that Acchhan, in the flashback, looked almost exactly like Nagisa?
Just sayin'
__________________
Combat
ELEment
STrategic
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 03:03   Link #3413
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Did anyone else notice that Acchhan, in the flashback, looked almost exactly like Nagisa?
She didn't really look that much like Nagisa imo. Her face is pretty different (specially the eyes) and her hair, while similar, is a little more straight.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 03:05   Link #3414
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What a mess, that place really got blown to hell. Hopefully those shelters were well made...and people are really good at evacuating in a hurry.

A few close calls with some of them getting shot down. I have to give Takamina credit. She does the smart thing and mostly lays low after potential death flags got waved around. She's a survivor that one .

Sucks for Yuuko though. Struggled with everything she had and went all out. She couldn't back out and retreat. She couldn't just give up that planet when she had a promise to keep. In the end whatever happened to her isn't going to be good. At best she vanished like all center nova (which isn't really good) or at worst Cheiri's dad had some way to capturing her. I can't imagine his plan was actually "get her!" Hoping to suddenly capture someone that's become really powerful in a hurry.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 03:18   Link #3415
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
It's ironic that the series sometimes put a lot of emphasis into "creativity" (for example, when Yuko scolded Nagisa for copying her styles) but in the end, all the girls only strive for becomming the perfect clone of some ancient idols.
So you mean idols are, in the words of detractors, "manufactured"? I don't know what's worse, "manufactured" or having a superficial personality that does only lip service.

Maybe they're members of what constitutes the idol equivalent of a tribute band, but even as successors bearing the name of their forebears, deep down they couldn't be the complete reincarnation of the original members. As much as the successors try wearing the mask of the original girls, their individual true selves still remain, including their dreams and aspirations.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 03:45   Link #3416
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
man , death flags galore for yuuko this episode, so did she disappear at the end, man what a cliffhanger. so would that open up nagisa>acchan, chieri>yuuko,or vice versa. since yuuko is still nagisa's idol.
awww poor akibastar ...>.< man zodiac, and chieri's father is really.... can't see chieri ever forgiving him now.
mii-chan, aww you teamed up with such a guy now you're surprised on what he does? sigh

love sonati's new name for mimori/mariko 8th : mimomari
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
May I ask a question to those who have watched the raw?

Spoiler for question about stage 21:
really this episode is quite the opposite of what you're suggesting, yuuko of course is the main focus here, but at least nagisa had a couple of lines & focus. OTH Chieri hardly did anything, just being & agreeing with the group. But yeah since it's yuuko's episode it's not yet Nagisa's time to shine so to speak, no doubt with the emotions released after either A) Yuuko's disapperance or B) yuuoko's failure to go C-Nova here C) getting C-nova but captured by chieri's dad > would propel Nagisa forward...as i've said above Yuuko is her idol right? It will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
We are dealing with Kawamori Shoji. He will show you something then troll you with something else.
,,and ep 26 Sonata becomes Acchan AND Center-nova no! make that makoto?



sigh one week wait again
__________________
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 07:17   Link #3417
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Than again, maybe all this is misdirection. It wouldn't be rare coming from Kawamori. All I'm saying is that there is enough ground work to make Chieri an Acchan successor if they wanted to.
While I think the opposite is more likely, I do agree both could work and have a good chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
As much as the successors try wearing the mask of the original girls, their individual true selves still remain, including their dreams and aspirations.
I agree with that although one of the things we learned about succession is that the person do need to have similar purpose as the original, so their dreams and aspirations shouldn't be that different.

All in all I really liked the succession system, although I would like if they were able to (and if it ends this season then I don't think they would have the time to spare) show us more how it's like to become a successor than what we saw with Mimori so far. Things like getting used to being called by the new name, reaction from fans (both the fans she did have, new fans that got interested in her succession, fans of a previous owner of the name, etc), other things similar to that about the car/train (don't the successors need to move to a different room?)

I would even like to see a future kenkyusei generation to see how would Nagisa and the others, now veteran successors that the new generation may look up to.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 08:32   Link #3418
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 21:
__________________
Benigmatica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 09:32   Link #3419
Matts
Nyan Nyan Waitress
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nyan Nyan's
Spoiler for Episode 21:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic214006_4.gif
Matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 09:59   Link #3420
mechdra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
I kind of like this episode as it is very action oriented and a Yuuko episode. By the looks of it, Yuuko transported everything around her to another dimension. It is sad to see her disappear but I guess she get her wish fulfilled finally in such a situation.

Looks like there is a lot of empty position for the senbatsu members. I wonder who will fill them up besides Nagisa and Chieri.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.