AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-06-16, 20:39   Link #261
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Most of them end in a filler ending if it is a monthly manga (Shouldn't made it a damn weekly show).

Also the ecchi crap. At least have it be comedic.

Last edited by The Butcher; 2012-06-16 at 23:05.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 18:22   Link #262
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I really hate those obtusifcating stupidity characters, I really hate how they turn out to be some real badass and then go back to being annoying.
Old 2012-06-19, 19:12   Link #263
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I truly hate recap episodes. I don't see the need why Gundam series have to do these kinds of things.
Old 2012-06-26, 16:36   Link #264
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

well.......

I hate that the anime people aren't real and also the character designs of some animes. The drawings are not always good and makes the characters look like they are from an older anime which discourages others not to watch it. Most of all.....i hate all the ecchi they feel should exist. Because of that people who dislike ecchi would not be able to enjoy the show. For example: Maid-sama is widely popular because it has no ecchi so others can watch it.
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 21:22   Link #265
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
When series waste their alloted time by starting off with stock comedic plotlines that might as well be filler for a good chunk of their first half or even most of the series only to have to cram a plot into whatever time is left, which usually goes about as well as one might expect. More and more original productions (especially mecha/sci-fi ones) seem to be doing this and it makes me ask what exactly is wrong with using all time available to tell the best possible story. Just hate it, I really truly do....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 22:34   Link #266
backbone
Banned

some cliches in romcom tend to annoy the heck of me. I absolutely get angry and annoyed when the male character does something, like accidentally falls on a girl or, in some case grabs her boobs and a second female character sees it and totally misunderstands the situation and make assumptions without even thinking twice and what makes me even more ticked off about this kind of thing is the girl he grabbed is too slow to explain the whole story sooner. I mean seriously whats with these romcoms that have this sort of thing? It makes the girl seem like an idiot and makes the main character look bad.

You know what else bothers me? When stupid girls act stupid and are weak. They don't think from someone else's point of view and just go along like "everything I say and think is correct" and the guy has to take all the blame, slap, and just that ugly shit they shouldn't have to go through. That is such a pet peeve of mines...

*sorry for re-opening old thread
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 22:39   Link #267
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
What do you hate about anime?

It's full of misunderstanding... especially about What Friendship and Love really is.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 20:30   Link #268
kitten320

Lately I'm getting fed up with constant incest implications, it's like if Japan doesn't have normal humans in it since lately almost every show has incest in it, be it serious or comedic.

I'm more fed up with comedic and when incest is used to portray unrequited love. Like if they can't find a normal excuse with normal characters.
Old 2013-02-23, 20:51   Link #269
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It is easy to hate a lot about anime because the producers are repeating what worked before in a smaller and smaller recycle binge. That seems to be a growing problem no matter what the genre. Bad economy reduces risk taking - but often backfires because you wear out the consumer.
Old 2013-02-23, 20:58   Link #270
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Lately I'm getting fed up with constant incest implications, it's like if Japan doesn't have normal humans in it since lately almost every show has incest in it, be it serious or comedic.

I'm more fed up with comedic and when incest is used to portray unrequited love. Like if they can't find a normal excuse with normal characters.
The (almost) incestious love between a brother and a sister is very common in many VN/eroges and LN's. Seeing that the majority of animes these days are adaptations of such work, can you actually blame "anime" for this trend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It is easy to hate a lot about anime because the producers are repeating what worked before in a smaller and smaller recycle binge. That seems to be a growing problem no matter what the genre. Bad economy reduces risk taking - but often backfires because you wear out the consumer.
Can you blame them, seeing that most of the time the more innovative work doesn't seem to pay off? Like the disc sales of the recent Shin Sekai Yori are doing horribly
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 21:05   Link #271
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

Yeah, this is probably my most disliked anime cliche now. It really has reached the point where two siblings who have something approximating a typical sibling relationship is almost impossible to find in recent anime shows.

Not every anime relationship needs to be sexualized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Can you blame them, seeing that most of the time the more innovative work doesn't seem to pay off? Like the disc sales of the recent Shin Sekai Yori are doing horribly
Madoka Magica, Tiger and Bunny, and Psycho-Pass were all innovative anime-original works. They all sold well and/or are selling well.

So yes, there's room to fault anime creators for sometimes adhering too tightly to really old, worn out cliches.
Old 2013-02-23, 22:10   Link #272
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Pointless fanservice and build-ups that don't pay off. Oh, and centralization of useless characters instead of the much more interesting cast around them.
Old 2013-02-23, 22:27   Link #273
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It really has reached the point where two siblings who have something approximating a typical sibling relationship is almost impossible to find in recent anime shows.
It feels like that, doesn't it. Loved the sibling relationships in Amagami SS and Nazo no Kanojo X. Also Sankarea. It's depressing when you think about it. These days you notice when siblings behave like siblings.

It's less annoying with opposite-gender childhood friends; but still, I'd wish that sometimes they could be just that. Childhood friends. No unrequited love. No requited love. No romance. Childhoodfriends. Who support each other, and root for each other.

It really, really, really boils down to this:

Quote:
Not every anime relationship needs to be sexualized.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 22:28   Link #274
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

This is a very small gripe, but it does bug me from time to time. Anime characters rarely ever blink. I mean if there is a lot of movement going on with the character I could care less, but those scenes that drag on with people just sitting around doing nothing, slow panning shots or just plain stills hots on characters faces, ARGGH. I want to see some movement, heck blinking would help me feel like I'm staring at a freaking living being and not some souless staring doll.

I grew up with american animation for so long, where blinking is very common; it is just a small touch that adds some more life to the character. Most of the time it is not a big deal, but sometimes (especially with particular art styles) those faces that never move in blink feel creepy after they've been staring at the camera long enough without making any sort of movement.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 04:22   Link #275
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
This is a very small gripe, but it does bug me from time to time. Anime characters rarely ever blink. I mean if there is a lot of movement going on with the character I could care less, but those scenes that drag on with people just sitting around doing nothing, slow panning shots or just plain stills hots on characters faces, ARGGH. I want to see some movement, heck blinking would help me feel like I'm staring at a freaking living being and not some souless staring doll.

I grew up with american animation for so long, where blinking is very common; it is just a small touch that adds some more life to the character. Most of the time it is not a big deal, but sometimes (especially with particular art styles) those faces that never move in blink feel creepy after they've been staring at the camera long enough without making any sort of movement.
Anime mouth flap. No actual mouth animation.

There are even times when the best studios will badly animate a close up of somebody's mouth saying important words. I thought Japanese would outgrow such shortcuts (also lack of blinking) but now it is part of the fundamental animation in Japan. Oh well. Makes me glad I would go to American animation school since I will learn more at American animation school than Japanese animation school.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 08:25   Link #276
scineram

Quote:

I look at the bright side. At least they're not gay.

scineram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 08:47   Link #277
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

^ THAT. I hate the 'fanservice yuri'. "These two girls are really close friends. They grope each other and kiss, but they're not lesbians. They talk about marrying each other, but they are definitely not lesbians. Isn't that cute? They think girls can actually have relationship with each other. But soon enough they will grow into adults, have real relationship with guys, marry and take care of their thirteen children while making their husband a sandwich." FUUU
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 09:27   Link #278
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
^ THAT. I hate the 'fanservice yuri'. "These two girls are really close friends. They grope each other and kiss, but they're not lesbians. They talk about marrying each other, but they are definitely not lesbians. Isn't that cute? They think girls can actually have relationship with each other. But soon enough they will grow into adults, have real relationship with guys, marry and take care of their thirteen children while making their husband a sandwich." FUUU
omg there are anime like this?? I must be doing a great job of avoiding the sh!t shows because I did not even know. Yes!

Screw anyone or thing that does those kinds of thoughts. Seriously.
Old 2013-02-24, 09:37   Link #279
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
They(the Japanese), IMO, want to show lesbian relationships(in anime) and don't want to acknowledge them at the same time. It's a cultural thing, as far as I can see - of course I might be wrong, in which case I welcome being corrected.
Old 2013-02-24, 09:46   Link #280
Kudryavka

Cultural or not, that is not okay. :'(