AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 09:38   Link #81
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

This seems fun. I took this test, and corroborated it against a simpler version. Both gave an INFP (the Idealist) result which, according to this description, fits me to a T.

This version of the test — which I find less reliable because it forces me to choose between "yes"/"no" extremes — marked me out, on the other hand, as INFJ (the Confidant or Protector). Again, I looked up the description of this personality type on this site and, as expected, I found it to be less accurate.

According to the first test (INFP):
I - 38%, N - 16%, F - 22%, P - 20%

According to the less accurate second test (INFJ):
I - 60%, N - 50%, F - 50%, J - 55%

INFP traits that I feel are an accurate description of me:
  • Sensitive and perceptive about what others are feeling
  • Loyal and committed - they want lifelong relationships
  • Driven to meet other's needs
  • Strive for "win-win" situations
  • Nurturing, supportive and encouraging
  • Likely to recognise and appreciate other's need for space
  • Able to express themselves well
  • Flexible and diverse
  • May tend to be shy and reserved
  • Extreme dislike of conflict
  • Extreme dislike of criticism
  • Strong need to receive praise and positive affirmation
  • May react very emotionally to stressful situations
  • Have difficulty scolding or punishing others
  • Perfectionistic tendancies may cause them to not give themselves enough credit
  • Tendency to blame themselves for problems, and hold everything on their own shoulders

From the not-so-accurate INFJ list:
  • Sensitive and concerned for others' feelings
  • Usually have good communication skills, especially written
  • Take their commitments very seriously, and seek lifelong relationships
  • Have very high expectations for themselves and others (both a strength and weakness)
  • Good listeners
  • Tendency to hold back part of themselves
  • Extreme dislike of conflict and criticism

Parts in bold are especially accurate descriptions of me.

EDIT:
Yup, definitely INFP, as determined by yet another test.
Quote:
These visionaries are focused on the future but are dedicated to those closest to them. Their core values are deeply cherished and they seek to align with their environment accordingly. Curiosity is a key factor as they actively see patterns and available opportunities. Can be the deciding factor when it comes to getting ideas off of the drawing board and into the real world. They desire to empower people and help others realise their dreams and potential. Tend to be quite flexible, resourceful, and tolerant so long as their values are not disturbed.

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2013-02-21 at 10:00.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 09:50   Link #82
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
You're likely the type of person who is respectful of others, values their input, likes to think things through, and questions yourself. Push yourself in the opposite direction, and you'll likely be at least on equal footing with others.
Good advice, and yup, you're right on the spot there about me. It's a work in progress, but I'm slowly starting to see at least some change.

Quote:
Group dynamic situations can roughly be boiled down into a pecking order. The order can be established in a number of ways, but in a professional environment where people have just met, charisma and confidence are the only things that matter. Even if you're wrong people will look to you, follow you, and give you way if you have demonstrated a confident, charismatic persona to them. (I think we've all seen examples of this; interestingly, I've heard of psychological studies that also demonstrated it.) Competency and value of contributions are things that are generally established over a longer period of time.
Yeah, true. The bolded part especially because that's what I'm basically built around. I'm the dude at the back of the room, on the bottom of the order... until a certain period of time has passed. Then I tend to be the "right hand man of the boss". I think I need to, somehow, speed up that process.

Quote:
A large part of being confident and charismatic deals with what's going on inside of your head. You can help yourself to establish a dominant position with some physical things as well, though. I'm not talking about personal styling (which contributes), but even something as simple as seating position. Unless you're positioned in a circle, sit at the center of the group (or front and center) and you are in a position that makes it easier to take control of conversation. Dominant positioning.
Good advice, I personally do this a lot nowadays. I changed my entire style/appearance a lot last year anyway. Similar with posture and seating position.

Essentially, the sole reason I'm not more confident (and so let the bad parts of introversion take over and don't "take space") is because I don't want to be wrong. I hate being wrong (who doesn't), though I will freely admit if I am. It's just the embarrassment I have a hard time dealing with, or broken promises. I love helping people, so if I can't do something I promised (read: An assignment in a job I'm unable to do and someone else has to, or volunteer work that turns out bad), it's a major ego catastrophe.

Getting over those obstacles are my primary goals right now and I'm staying positive.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 11:28   Link #83
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I hate job interviews (I don't enjoy talking about myself, feels narcissistic), but I actually don't mind group interviews so much, as I'm curious about what other candidates are like, and gives me an opportunity to collect "notes", by observing other people's behaviour and comparing it to my own.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 12:21   Link #84
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Yeah, true. The bolded part especially because that's what I'm basically built around. I'm the dude at the back of the room, on the bottom of the order... until a certain period of time has passed. Then I tend to be the "right hand man of the boss". I think I need to, somehow, speed up that process.
The most powerful person in a room is not the guy talking, but the guy standing next to him telling him what to say.
Old 2013-02-21, 13:36   Link #85
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

So I took the first test that was linked to, and got:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Results
Your personality type: INFP.

Strength of individual traits: I - 42%, N - 18%, F - 42%, P - 14%.
like TinyRedLeaf, I feel that the description matches myself quite well.

Quote:
This personality type does not worship logic, unlike the NT types – from their viewpoint, logic is not always necessary. It is also likely that an INFP will not enjoy hypothetical or never-ending discussions.
Totally.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 21:59   Link #86
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I am an INFP (I - 38%, N - 12%, F - 8%, P - 2%.) as well. I think the description provided on the 16 personalities site is very accurate, but two parts I do not fit in to as neatly; I do enjoy long, theoretical, pointless discussion, and I am a fan of facts and logic, to a point. The idea about inner passions and vigorously defending them and my values is a very accurate description of my personality. I find it interesting that all of my percentages were very low, I suppose suggesting my conviction towards these traits is not particularly strong? That would make sense because I am somewhat in between on certain traits, especially feeling/thinking and perception/judgment.

Interesting that there are a handful of INFP's here on the forum. Typical forum-goers? Typical anime fans? People more apt to take the test? Hehe, or perhaps just coincidence.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 05:25   Link #87
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The most powerful person in a room is not the guy talking, but the guy standing next to him telling him what to say.
Don't you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
ISTJ. I overthink a lot and I often can't come up with things on the fly.
O RLY?

I used to think like that too. Not anymore; I still stumble over my words, but still being able to find strong enough ones to bash a person until she wants to cry or he wants to hit me.

Example -

Some rich ass : (at a friend) Why the heck did you come so close to my car! Do you know what it is? It is a BMW! Can you afford to pay for the damages?
Me : (to my friend before walking away) Ask him if he has finished paying for it yet.

Introverts have the same amount of verbal power as extroverts, the thing is that they have to stay calm, turn whatever they have written inside their heads into verbiage, double-check the situation, and fire off. It takes some practice, so don't worry if you fail and become an idiot. It is best that you get some extroverts as friends and get them to front you at the start, then slowly work your way up to talking on the fly.

In fact, don't even worry. Nobody is born already able to walk and run. Stay cool, think, then speak.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-02-22 at 05:53.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 08:25   Link #88
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author

Quote:
Your personality type: ENFP.

Strength of individual traits: E - 2%, N - 26%, F - 4%, P - 4%.

I actually liked that test, accurate enough but mostly because the options are a spectrum of agreement/disagreement rather than weather or not.

Those low percentages would support the assertion that I cannot strictly be classified as either an introvert or extrovert.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 09:35   Link #89
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
I actually liked that test, accurate enough but mostly because the options are a spectrum of agreement/disagreement rather than weather or not.

Those low percentages would support the assertion that I cannot strictly be classified as either an introvert or extrovert.
That is exactly my situation. I usually can make my own energy, but I can also get it from others most of the time, and occasionally I need it from others.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 09:42   Link #90
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I hate job interviews (I don't enjoy talking about myself, feels narcissistic), but I actually don't mind group interviews so much, as I'm curious about what other candidates are like, and gives me an opportunity to collect "notes", by observing other people's behaviour and comparing it to my own.
Since we're on the topic of job interviews, I might as well talk about the one I just sat today. It was my first real job interview in five years, and boy was I rusty.

I have had other interviews in the past few years, but they were all for positions within my present company, so they don't really count. The interview process would be very relaxed, since everyone in the room would be part of the same "family".

That's not the case when you're interviewing at another company. You'd then be an unknown, and when you're an unknown, you expect to be thoroughly grilled.

And, sure enough, it was one heck of a tough interview. I was mercilessly interrogated by the Deputy Editor, with the questions running the entire spectrum, from my choices in education almost 20 years ago, to my choices in career development. I was tested on the spot, forced to pitch and develop a story idea that reflected current events. And, as I expected, questions about my age also turned up. That's inevitable — not many would believe that a 38-year-old like me is prepared for the kinds of risk I'll be taking.

My weaknesses were embarrassingly exposed, but I did the best I could to highlight my strengths, while staying as composed as possible even as I strove to give sincere, honest answers.

In short, I gave it as good as I got, but by the end of the interview, I had the sinking feeling that my best will probably not be good enough. Still, I'm satisfied. After all, I had expected the interview to be hard, so I'm glad I wasn't given an easy ride. This way, if I land an offer, I'd know that I thoroughly earned it.

If it were easy, any victory I gain would be cheap, and the job would probably not be as worthwhile as advertised.

And even if I fail, I'd walk away with a greater awareness of areas that I need to build on. The disappointment will sting, of course, but it'll still serve as a good learning experience.

The takeaway point for you guys? If an introvert like me can fight through such interviews, so can you. Just remember that every interview is a two-way process. It's not just about you being grilled, but also about you turning the tables on your interviewers, every chance you get.

Trust in your abilities, and don't be rattled. That way, no matter the result, you'll always emerge a winner.

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2013-02-22 at 10:00.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 10:56   Link #91
FlavoryFantasy
┬──┬╯︵ /(.□. \)

Your personality type: INTJ.

Strength of individual traits: I - 84%, N - 16%, T - 40%, J - 20%.

Accurate enough I suppose, I usually get such results when I've taken similar tests in the past. Plus it does describe me pretty well on most points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Major introvert here. Funny thing is (or not so funny depending on your outlook) I've been raised and surrounded by extroverts for most of life. This made me think for a long time that there was something wrong with me. Most people in my life for example would always be saying that I should snap out of my antisocial outlook, or just generally acting like it's an excepted thing that I'm not normal and need to change.

Anyone else had similar experience of being an introvert surrounded by extroverts who act like there is something wrong with being an introvert?
Yes, my whole family are a bunch of extroverts. I guess I'm somewhat thankful as I can definitely tolerate most people now if I have to interact with them. But there are so many past instances I absolutely loathed being with them. I still do hate being with them for anymore than say...an hour I love them and all but I just can't keep up with them, that and our interests are opposites 99% of the time.

For example, parties/birthdays/whatever other social celebrations - I just can't see how people can enjoy doing that for hours on end. I'm usually tired out by the first 1/2 hour I'm (forced to be) there. If I didn't have music to listen to while reading a book I'm sure I would have gone mad after that short time period of being at a party for these past few years.

Interesting replies to this thread though, I've learned a bit more about extroverts and fellow introverts of the sort.
Old 2013-02-22, 10:59   Link #92
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Well, the most powerful person is the one who can direct opinion and discourse, and thus may or may not be the person talking .. but they are not necessarily mutually exclusive ..
Old 2013-02-22, 11:00   Link #93
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

What about terminations?

There are some of you who have been terminated out there, and it is not easy for introverts to navigate this minefield of prospective employers, especially when you are sacked because you chose to have a backbone and ratted them out on various safety acts, or you made your supervisor look bad by bringing up various issues they didn't want the upper management to know.

It is hell, but one important rule to remember is rehearse your resume and keep your bloody mouth shut. Answer only when asked, stand tall, most importantly, be confident.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:13   Link #94
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
In short, I gave it as good as I got, but by the end of the interview, I had the sinking feeling that my best will probably not be good enough. Still, I'm satisfied. After all, I had expected the interview to be hard, so I'm glad I wasn't given an easy ride. This way, if I land an offer, I'd know that I thoroughly earned it.
Most people feel rattled at interviews, I think. To be honest, not being rattled is almost worse, because if they're chummy with you they can often lure you into saying things you may not have intended...

It's a nasty business that I hope to get over with.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 03:34   Link #95
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Major introvert here. Funny thing is (or not so funny depending on your outlook) I've been raised and surrounded by extroverts for most of life. This made me think for a long time that there was something wrong with me. Most people in my life for example would always be saying that I should snap out of my antisocial outlook, or just generally acting like it's an excepted thing that I'm not normal and need to change.

Anyone else had similar experience of being an introvert surrounded by extroverts who act like there is something wrong with being an introvert?
Yes, my whole family are a bunch of extroverts. I guess I'm somewhat thankful as I can definitely tolerate most people now if I have to interact with them. But there are so many past instances I absolutely loathed being with them. I still do hate being with them for anymore than say...an hour I love them and all but I just can't keep up with them, that and our interests are opposites 99% of the time.

For example, parties/birthdays/whatever other social celebrations - I just can't see how people can enjoy doing that for hours on end. I'm usually tired out by the first 1/2 hour I'm (forced to be) there. If I didn't have music to listen to while reading a book I'm sure I would have gone mad after that short time period of being at a party for these past few years.

Interesting replies to this thread though, I've learned a bit more about extroverts and fellow introverts of the sort.
Well, my situation is totally opposite.
My father, my sister and I are introverts while my mother is an extrovert.
That's why she frequently makes one of us annoyed or get mad at her.
As a result, my mother thinks everyone hates her and it's very difficult for us to explain that it's not true
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 17:59   Link #96
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Your personality type: ENTP.

Strength of individual traits: E - 2%, N - 10%, T - 8%, P - 2%.
can anybody explain this to me?
Old 2013-02-23, 18:46   Link #97
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
can anybody explain this to me?
You are slightly extroverted, kind of intuitive, slightly thinking, and slightly perceiving.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 21:48   Link #98
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
You are slightly extroverted, kind of intuitive, slightly thinking, and slightly perceiving.
More to that: You are almost exactly in the middle on all traits.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 22:01   Link #99
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well i am type of person who stay neutral as much as i can.
Old 2013-02-24, 11:04   Link #100
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Interesting how most people here are introverts. I'm very much an extrovert

Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is: ENFJ, the “Mentor”

Extroversion: 80%
iNtutitive: 70%
Feeling: 70%
Judging: 85%

Most ENFJs will exhibit the following strengths with regards to relationship issues:
Good verbal communication skills
Very perceptive about people's thoughts and motives
Motivational, inspirational; bring out the best in others
Warmly affectionate and affirming
Fun to be with - lively sense of humor, dramatic, energetic, optimistic
Good money skills
Able to "move on" after a love relationship has failed (although they blame themselves)
Loyal and committed - they want lifelong relationships
Strive for "win-win" situations
Driven to meet other's needs

Yay!

Although, I do get where introverts are coming from. I went to the academically best school in mah country, and we all were quite intellectual to a point. Although I never really joined in many of the deep conversations that went on, I still understood the attraction of such deep contemplation and alone time reading about philosophies and things.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote