AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-22, 15:53   Link #81
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Can we be completely certain about that, though? I mean, in Strong World Sengoku was still the FA despite the fact that roughly around that same time in the manga we saw him resign from his position shortly after the Marineford war. Maybe this will be a similar situation where one or two of the Buster Call VAs is still a VA in the movie but would later turn out to be an admiral in the manga.... or something.

Not that I object to the idea of completely new characters being admirals as well, but I still don't think we should rule out the buster call guys so soon.....
Good point. And to further substantiate that notion, film Z took place immediately after Fishman Island, so it's still possible possible one or two of the buster call VAs got promoted just before the Punk Hazard arc.

As for other candidates, Bogart, John Giant, and Tsuru, stand out. We were never told Bogart's rank, but being the right-hand man of Garp should be a good indicator of how strong he really is.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 23:09   Link #82
randomlex
In the eye of the storm
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Hahaha, didn't notice it when I read it!

So Bepo could be the Usopp of the Heart Pirates ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Spoiler for Usopp and Bepo are pitiful:
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 23:10   Link #83
Karasuba~Maya
Oyashiro is watching you
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nowhere
LOL! Seriously didn't notice them in those posters. Good eye.
Karasuba~Maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 08:08   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Usopp was in that poster from the start tho. Back when his first wanted poster was released.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 14:00   Link #85
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 14:33   Link #86
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Speaking of promotions, I wonder what rank Sentoumaru is. He's definitely VA caliber as a fighter, at least.
He is Admiral lvl at least regardless of his rank. He is the only marine with a title and it's best defense in the world. That wouldn't sit well with people who are supposedly stronger than him (Vice Admirals). The only people who can go through his defense would be Admirals. The main difference is that Momonga almost got fodderized by Hancock while Sentomaru wasn't (If they had some skirmish off panel). Sentomaru stands out from almost all of the marines.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 14:41   Link #87
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post


Neat cover for sure, but I can't help but feel that some characters (particularly Chopper and Mocha) feel a bit out of place there. Like maybe Vergo and Monet (in her snow monster mode) could have taken their places instead..... oh well. I still like the cover, though. And so, here's to hoping that this volume's SBS corner will be a great one!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 14:48   Link #88
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^I'm not sure why Sentomaru stuck out for you (his appearance?), but beyond being named he seemed to just be a set-up for a later arc with that one scientist guy (whose name escapes me), and not a looming presence like the admirals, Yonkou or the Shichibukai. That's not to say that I don't expect something good from him, just not something along the lines of one of the three groups I mentioned.

That being said, the real reason to suspect his involvement with the Admirals is the fact that his name contains the kanji for peach which could be a reference to the story of Momotaro from which the Admirals names are derived form.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 15:12   Link #89
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I'm not sure why Sentomaru stuck out for you (his appearance?), but beyond being named he seemed to just be a set-up for a later arc with that one scientist guy (whose name escapes me), and not a looming presence like the admirals, Yonkou or the Shichibukai. That's not to say that I don't expect something good from him, just not something along the lines of one of the three groups I mentioned.

That being said, the real reason to suspect his involvement with the Admirals is the fact that his name contains the kanji for peach which could be a reference to the story of Momotaro from which the Admirals names are derived form.
Sentomaru is based off of Kintaro (Japanese folklore) and his Sumo appearance. He said he doesn't use his Axe until he takes the fight more seriously which he only did on Hancock and she is no easy challenge. He has great responsibility being Vegapunks bodyguard and overseeing the Pacifistas. Along with him bragging about his best defense in the world don't see any Vas being stronger than him. It's impossible.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 15:58   Link #90
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
don't see any Vas being stronger than him.
Sentomaru hasn't actually shown anything (beyond the oh so brief skirmish with Luffy). So claiming that he is stronger than others is a little silly (especially if you are basing everything off of his bragging). He is undoubtedly strong, but saying he is Admiral-level (whatever that means) is a bit too early with what little we know.

But, to each their own. I see no reason to wax poetic about Sentomaru, but I also don't really care, so whatever...

Last edited by james0246; 2013-02-25 at 16:17.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 23:57   Link #91
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Can anyone open chapter thread for 700?

I have the summary/spoiler, but I can't post it anywhere.
AP just went dead due to people F5ing it, and looks like OneManga is dead too.

ASuki has a much better backbone than them.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 00:12   Link #92
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Chapter 700 thread has been started. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 00:15   Link #93
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Can anyone open chapter thread for 700?

I have the summary/spoiler, but I can't post it anywhere.
AP just went dead due to people F5ing it, and looks like OneManga is dead too.

ASuki has a much better backbone than them.

Well, as I mentioned in your visitor message, the thread is up! You can post it there when you're ready!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:01   Link #94
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sentomaru hasn't actually shown anything (beyond the oh so brief skirmish with Luffy). So claiming that he is stronger than others is a little silly (especially if you are basing everything off of his bragging). He is undoubtedly strong, but saying he is Admiral-level (whatever that means) is a bit too early with what little we know.

But, to each their own. I see no reason to wax poetic about Sentomaru, but I also don't really care, so whatever...
No it's not World Best Defense is merely a VA lvl fighter? ...


Let's replace Sentomaru with Momonga vs Hancock at Impel Down.. do you see him struggling against Hancock when she tried and petrify everybody?
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:12   Link #95
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Let's replace Sentomaru with Momonga vs Hancock at Impel Down.. do you see him struggling against Hancock when she tried and petrify everybody?
Hancock's attack has nothing to do with physical defense (which, as far as we know, is all Sento has), so your supposition is somewhat pointless. (Personally, I am still confused as to how she was able to petrify the Pacifista.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:30   Link #96
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Hancock's attack has nothing to do with physical defense (which, as far as we know, is all Sento has), so your supposition is somewhat pointless. (Personally, I am still confused as to how she was able to petrify the Pacifista.)
It's more Haki related obviously but I suggest you re-read the chapter again since you forget about it.


You should read Sentomarus wikipedia page as well.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.