AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-01, 12:39   Link #12461
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
I just want it to end well. That's all. Then I can move on with my life.
Maybe I'll pick up One Piece or something.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:42   Link #12462
[HearT]
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I wonder if Nishio realizes that removing the moon from the sky would cause massive destruction in its own right? Not only would tidal forces be affected, but it would cause a big change to earth's axis, which would start wobbling all over the place, severely affecting established ecosystems (suddenly its always winter at the equator!), and could even cause the planet's orbit to shift.

Silly mangakas need to learn some science. I blame Dragonball for all this moon-destroying craziness.
I guess it's a good thing that a certain character can control the earth's rotation and such, then.
__________________
「♥」
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:44   Link #12463
kenjtr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I just want it to end well. That's all. Then I can move on with my life.
Maybe I'll pick up One Piece or something.
Well if you do that you can be sure that its much more better then medaka box .

I think it would be cool if zenkichi erased his memories of medaka and goes on his life happly with a girl like a normal high schooler then medaka comes trys to talk to him but he says who are and doesn remember her also thinks she is a weird girl after medakas effort to make zenkichi remember herself which will make zenkichi hate her more etc...
__________________
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:46   Link #12464
zigantz22
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol, how the fuck am I 'twisting' events, dude? I see two facts here: Kumagawa is romantically interested in Medaka, and Medaka is open to the idea at least to the degree of being willing to marry him. These are facts, directly from the manga. Do you deny this? Can you remotely justify going against these plain facts from the series?

lol, from my perspective Zenkichi x Medaka is looking like a whole lot of wishful thinking at this point also, what with the potential for the manga to be ending and all. On the chance that the manga actually will be continuing, Zenkichi x Medaka becomes just as vulnerable as all other aspects of this series because there is every possibility for Nishio to troll that pairing in the same way as he has trolled pretty much everything else in this manga, and you know it.

Meanwhile, Kumagawa's underlying desire for Medaka is one of the most basic and consistent facets Nishio has maintained about his character, so there is every reason for me to continue taking an interest in it and expecting a resolution for it. There is nothing "wishful" about it, I knew more than 20 chapters ago that Kumagawa's romantic interest in Medaka would unquestionably come up again as a notable theme in the series, and hey, in this chapter there it was. In precisely the same way, if Medaka Box does continue as a series after the next chapter, there is no doubt it will come up again to play a pivotal role in Kumagawa's character development, as it always has.
Medaka and Zenkichi are effectively engaged to be married; Kumagawa x Medaka aren't, despite Medaka's trivial statement. Their relationship, whether you appreciate it or not, has been a strong constant throughout the entirety of the story, so it's bizarre to thoroughly dismiss it's relevance simply due to the possibility of Nisio eventually trolling this aspect of the narrative. I'd say their mutual feelings for one another is far more consistent and integral than Kumagawa's seeming interest in Medaka.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:50   Link #12465
silver001
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I just want it to end well. That's all. Then I can move on with my life.
Maybe I'll pick up One Piece or something.
I want to move on from this. The manga doesn't make sense at all, it takes the manatee wrote the story to the extreme.

Why don't you start One piece now? Or if you are looking for a battlemanga with even better battles imo, try noblesse it starts out a little slow but becomes so interesting.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Geez, that was Fukurou's final style? And he really is dead after all

After the rest of the arc had been fairly well plotted out, out of nowhere Medaka has to sacrifice herself to save the world? Poor writing, even with Fukurou's "weight of the world" remark.

I don't mind Medaka Box ending, since there aren't really any loose ends left. (Kumagawa can have some trivial victory in the final chapter.) I don't think it will though.
What about zen dad. The what Fukorou was trying to tell Zen in chapter 177. Or the whole ajimu being Zen's gf in middle school or even the reason why only zen and medaka can't remember ajimu. Thinking about it though I guess those arent really important to the story.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:54   Link #12466
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver001 View Post
Why don't you start One piece now? Or if you are looking for a battlemanga with even better battles imo, try noblesse it starts out a little slow but becomes so interesting.
To be honest I was mostly joking; I don't really read manga. I only picked this up last year and only because of Bakemonogatari, to be quite honest... I'm not alone in thinking it was still good then.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:57   Link #12467
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol, how the fuck am I 'twisting' events, dude? I see two facts here: Kumagawa is romantically interested in Medaka, and Medaka is open to the idea at least to the degree of being willing to marry him. These are facts, directly from the manga. Do you deny this? Can you remotely justify going against these plain facts from the series?

I cannot even express how completely retarded treating Medaka x Kumagawa as if were actual incest would be because, and I shouldn't even have to say this, they are not blood-related. Are you seriously saying that, because of that minor statement from Medaka, any Kumagawa x Medaka from this point would be equivalent to actual incest? If not, then think about what the hell you actually want to be saying because, regardless of however much either character talks about "feelings", it is impossible for Medaka and Kumagawa's relationship to approach the significance of actual blood-related siblings.



lol, from my perspective Zenkichi x Medaka is looking like a whole lot of wishful thinking at this point also, what with the potential for the manga to be ending and all. On the chance that the manga actually will be continuing, Zenkichi x Medaka becomes just as vulnerable as all other aspects of this series because there is every possibility for Nishio to troll that pairing in the same way as he has trolled pretty much everything else in this manga, and you know it.

Meanwhile, Kumagawa's underlying desire for Medaka is one of the most basic and consistent facets Nishio has maintained about his character, so there is every reason for me to continue taking an interest in it and expecting a resolution for it. There is nothing "wishful" about it, I knew more than 20 chapters ago that Kumagawa's romantic interest in Medaka would unquestionably come up again as a notable theme in the series, and hey, in this chapter there it was. In precisely the same way, if Medaka Box does continue as a series after the next chapter, there is no doubt it will come up again to play a pivotal role in Kumagawa's character development, as it always has.
Medaka has called Zenkichi her Fiancee EVERBODY calls Zenkichi her Fiancee Medaka has NEVER called Kumagawa her fiancee that's the seriousness of their proposal (hint not at all). She calls kumagawa a little brother type figure. 2 + 2 =4 HOW DOES THIS WORK!!!!

Denile man it's no longer just a river in Egypt anymore.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:58   Link #12468
kenjtr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Medaka has called Zenkichi her Fiancee EVERBODY calls Zenkichi her Fiancee Medaka has NEVER called Kumagawa her fiancee. She calls kumagawa a little brother type figure. 2 + 2 =4 HOW DOES THIS WORK!!!!
Lets just hope solfalling is right since that two deserve eachother even if there is nothing showing that .
__________________
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:04   Link #12469
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
Medaka and Zenkichi are effectively engaged to be married; Kumagawa x Medaka aren't, despite Medaka's trivial statement. Their relationship, whether you appreciate it or not, has been a strong constant throughout the entirety of the story, so it's bizarre to thoroughly dismiss it's relevance simply due to the possibility of Nisio eventually trolling this aspect of the narrative. I'd say their mutual feelings for one another is far more consistent and integral than Kumagawa's seeming interest in Medaka.
Zenkichi x Medaka is completely irrelevant to Medaka x Kumagawa in the same way that Kumagawa x Ajimu, or Kumagawa x Hitomi, or Kumagawa x Kikaijima, or Kumagawa x Takarabe, or Kumagawa x Kiruko are. The existence of one romantic interest does not rule out the possibility of another, especially when their current relationship hardly constitutes anything resembling a romantic one. Until Medaka and Zenkichi actually marry and consummate their union (if it ever actually happens, at which point the manga would likely end), there is every opportunity (and possibility) for Nishio to explore alternative pairings, Kumagawa x Medaka being one of the most major ones.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Kill la Kill 75/5 :: Sakura Trick 100/5 :: Saki Zenkoku-hen 100/5 :: HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Mushishi OVA 100/5
Spring:
Stardust Crusaders 100/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 20/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 15/5 :: Gochiusa 28/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 20/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Great shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:07   Link #12470
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Mmmmmmm just look at that shipping.
TOOT TOOT ALL ABOARD THE TITANIC
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:25   Link #12471
Sarun
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Why do people feel need to refute a pairing? Especially ones that are not complete trivial.

Kumogawa x Medaka may not happen at all but at this point, the argument seems to go in circles.

Anyway, let's have a post poll. How many reckon the series will end next chapter?
__________________
Avatar by Daisy Phantom of Zerochan
Sarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:32   Link #12472
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Zenkichi x Medaka is completely irrelevant to Medaka x Kumagawa in the same way that Kumagawa x Ajimu, or Kumagawa x Hitomi, or Kumagawa x Kikaijima, or Kumagawa x Takarabe, or Kumagawa x Kiruko are. The existence of one romantic interest does not rule out the possibility of another, especially when their current relationship hardly constitutes anything resembling a romantic one. Until Medaka and Zenkichi actually marry and consummate their union (if it ever actually happens, at which point the manga would likely end), there is every opportunity (and possibility) for Nishio to explore alternative pairings, Kumagawa x Medaka being one of the most major ones.
So wishful thinking yet for some reason you said it wasn't.... Accept it, is it so hard to understand my god. It's not a good trait when you ignore common sense like that. Sure you don't like Medaka x Zenkichi and prefer Kumagawa and want it to happen, it's fine hoping it will happen but it's silly assuming it is and pretending it's a certainity when in fact it has a low chance.

You just come as delusional (yup I said it again) for thinking that way when the manga portrays the opposite. There is no great crime in this, highly unlikely things have happened in manga but you have to at least admit it's unlikely, given the evidence.

I don't even give a shit about pairings in general in this manga but it annoys me ridiculous when someone paints they're pairing of preferrence as certain fact when it really isn't. It just boggles my common sense. Why do they have to do mental loops to validate they're belief just accept it as what it is and move on.

I'm sorry if I'm banging my common sense over your head, but i like logic and common sense, it baffles me when someone chooses to ignore it.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:46   Link #12473
Libros
Nuke'em till they glow!
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
So wishful thinking yet for some reason you said it wasn't.... Accept it, is it so hard to understand my god. It's not a good trait when you ignore common sense like that. Sure you don't like Medaka x Zenkichi and prefer Kumagawa and want it to happen, it's fine hoping it will happen but it's silly assuming it is and pretending it's a certainity when in fact it has a low chance.

You just come as delusional (yup I said it again) for thinking that way when the manga portrays the opposite. There is no great crime in this, highly unlikely things have happened in manga but you have to at least admit it's unlikely, given the evidence.

I don't even give a shit about pairings in general in this manga but it annoys me ridiculous when someone paints they're pairing of preferrence as certain fact when it really isn't. It just boggles my common sense. Why do they have to do mental loops to validate they're belief just accept it as what it is and move on.

I'm sorry if I'm banging my common sense over your head, but i like logic and common sense, it baffles me when someone chooses to ignore it.
Just so it ends up said, I'm going to say it. Regardless of what either of you, or any other shippers think, the decision on who Medaka, Zenkichi and the rest of the cast end up with is all up to Nisio and his editor. Regardless of what either of you say, it only really amounts to you speculating, again, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, in and of itself anyway, just that you should keep the fact that this manga is all in Nisio &/or his Editor's hands in mind(if you didn't already) when you post since at the rate the manga is going, lots of things are very possible. Hell, Shiranui X Zenkichi isn't even out of the running.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:52   Link #12474
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Just so it ends up said, I'm going to say it. Regardless of what either of you, or any other shippers think, the decision on who Medaka, Zenkichi and the rest of the cast end up with is all up to Nisio and his editor. Regardless of what either of you say, it only really amounts to you speculating, again, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, in and of itself anyway, just that you should keep the fact that this manga is all in Nisio &/or his Editor's hands.
The point of this arguement isn't about who Medaka will end up with I don't even really give a shit about that, the only real reason I'm arguing, is because Sol is saying Kumagawa x Medaka is a certainty, and I'm pretty much baffled how anyone could come to that conclusion of it. I could happen sure but it has a low chance of happening and would need to break a lot of prior buld up. Bascially it's irrational to consider it a sure thing considering current circumstances it has a small chance. But a sure thing? No.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:00   Link #12475
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
The point of this arguement isn't about who Medaka will end up with I don't even really give a shit about that, the only real reason I'm arguing, is because Sol is saying Kumagawa x Medaka is a certainty, and I'm pretty much baffled how anyone could come to that conclusion of it. I could happen sure but it has a low chance of happening and would need to break a lot of prior buld up. Bascially it's irrational to consider it a sure thing considering current circumstances it has a small chance. But a sure thing? No.
Where did I ever state that it's a sure thing? I've said that the foundation is there (Kumagawa being interested in Medaka, Medaka at the very least not being uninterested in him), and that it will almost certainly receive more development if the story continues (because it's one of the major facets of Kumagawa's personality). However, nowhere have I said that it's a certainty that Medaka and Kumagawa will actually end up together. It simply has at the very least a chance.

And I already said at the very beginning that my reason for supporting Kumagawa x Medaka is not particularly based upon actual shipping, but rather character analysis (and the fact that Kumagawa is one of the few male characters I actually like). In terms of actual shipping, my preferences have evolved over the years to the point that it now revolves almost exclusively around yuri couples. I would be easily as happy to ship Medaka off with some other female character if it weren't for the fact that Kumagawa's feelings for her are the deepest of what he feels for any female.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Kill la Kill 75/5 :: Sakura Trick 100/5 :: Saki Zenkoku-hen 100/5 :: HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Mushishi OVA 100/5
Spring:
Stardust Crusaders 100/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 20/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 15/5 :: Gochiusa 28/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 20/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Great shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:00   Link #12476
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
You guys are right.

I really don't get Nishio. At one point, he writes some of the most awesome stuff, and then immediately after rushes a poorly thought out ending, focused on a character which no-one relates to or cares about.
I can think of few things more boring than watching Medaka's character interact or try to expouse any type of emotion.

Regardless, I look forward to an entire arc without Medaka ruining the manga.

If Kumagawa's prediction is bullshit(please).

Otherwise, I hope it ends soon.
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:10   Link #12477
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
medaka never said wanting to marry kumagawa.....it is only a buttom. It is like receiving a love letter and go listen to the confession only to brother/friend side the one who confesses.
Breimoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:28   Link #12478
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver001 View Post
I feel like Zen should have ended up with Ajimu, since she seem to care more about his success than medaka did.
While Ajimu undoubtedly cares more for Zenkichi than Medaka ever did, I think she's rather low on that scale.

It should be:

Shiranui = Emukae > Ajimu.

Imo.
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:39   Link #12479
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
We still have to get our answer to why Medaka and Zenkichi's memories of Ajimu in Middle School were erased.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:43   Link #12480
silver001
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
While Ajimu undoubtedly cares more for Zenkichi than Medaka ever did, I think she's rather low on that scale.

It should be:

Shiranui = Emukae > Ajimu.

Imo.
You are totally right, but I just feel like going from one superpowered being to another one would be more appropriate somewhere in my mind.

But I mainly said that because assuming what misogi said was true, then Ajimu was zen's gf at some point, which is more so than Shiranui and Emukae, in terms of a sexual relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
We still have to get our answer to why Medaka and Zenkichi's memories of Ajimu in Middle School were erased.
How do you know? maybe the manga will have an abrupt ending. But seriously that is one of the few things I am looking forward to to materialize.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.