AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the ultimate shinobi?
The 1st 24 5.99%
The 2nd 3 0.75%
Sarutobi 117 29.18%
The 4th 119 29.68%
Jiraiya 27 6.73%
Orochimaru 10 2.49%
Tsunde 4 1.00%
Itachi 73 18.20%
Other...[Please State Who] 24 5.99%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-05, 15:30   Link #601
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
If edo madara was just a resurrected madara in his prime i would put hashirama ahead of him, but seeing he has the rinnegan he unlocked later in life as well as hashirama's greatest power the wood release...i think he could beat hashirama now.
I agree. I'm expecting sasuke and orochimaru to unseal all 4 kages who will beat edo-madara in a combination effort. I would put obito above nagato in your list though. he has rinnegan, bijou control, MS and can use izanagi indefinitely during a fight. plus, he's the best escape artist we've seen in the manga. also naruto is now above minato and sarutobi i believe. probably sasuke with EMS too, but we have yet to see.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 16:43   Link #602
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
1. Sage of the Six Paths
2. Hashirama
3. Madara
4. Sarutobi
5. Minato
6. Obito
7. Nagato
8. Itachi
9. Jiraya
10. Kabuchimaru

Disregarding those that have yet to reach their prime of course (Naruto, Sasuke and so on). Also disregarding Edo versions of the characters.

However...the fact that Sarutobi was considered the strongest Hokage would mean he was stronger than Hashirama, but the series has progressed and we've seen ridiculous things so for the sake of argument (and because last time I put him up as the strongest people bitched and moaned about it) let's put him behind Madara and Hashirama...
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 18:51   Link #603
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
1. Sage of the Six Paths
2. Hashirama
3. Madara
4. Sarutobi
5. Minato
6. Obito
7. Nagato
8. Itachi
9. Jiraya
10. Kabuchimaru

Disregarding those that have yet to reach their prime of course (Naruto, Sasuke and so on). Also disregarding Edo versions of the characters.

However...the fact that Sarutobi was considered the strongest Hokage would mean he was stronger than Hashirama, but the series has progressed and we've seen ridiculous things so for the sake of argument (and because last time I put him up as the strongest people bitched and moaned about it) let's put him behind Madara and Hashirama...
I mostly agree with this list given your stipulations. I'd probably put oonoki in #8 spot moving the last 3 down a peg. also, sarutobi is a tricky one since he was retconned to be worse than he was when he was alive. an argument could be made for minato being better than him as well. and i can't really see sarutobi beating obito or nagato. I'd knock him down to 7th place
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 19:10   Link #604
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
I really get what you mean with Oonoki...I thought about him a lot while making the list but for some reason didn't add him in...

The major problem with Sarutobi is that not only was HE retconed in his fight against Orochimaru but Edo Shoudaime and Niidaime were as well. The Edo Hashirama we saw wasn't nearly as powerful as the real Hashirama from Madara's descriptions. Then again look at what a 70 year old Sarutobi did against 3 still very much S-rank opponents at the same time.

It's the problem with his fight having been in the first part of the series and so early on (considering), the series evolved, characters started looking bigger and meaner with super cool moves making the previous fights look small in comparison. But then again look at Zabuza, he looked much stronger when he returned in his Edo form though he was supposed to be as strong as he was when he died.
I dunno...I still believe that if Sarutobi showed up in his prime now in Shippuden during this war, that he'd be able to kick pretty much anyone's asses aside from Edo Madara...and possibly be his biggest pain in the ass.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 19:20   Link #605
Essenar
Fallen Angel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego, Ca
Send a message via AIM to Essenar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
1. Sage of the Six Paths
2. Hashirama
3. Madara
4. Sarutobi
5. Minato
6. Obito
7. Nagato
8. Itachi
9. Jiraya
10. Kabuchimaru

Disregarding those that have yet to reach their prime of course (Naruto, Sasuke and so on). Also disregarding Edo versions of the characters.

However...the fact that Sarutobi was considered the strongest Hokage would mean he was stronger than Hashirama, but the series has progressed and we've seen ridiculous things so for the sake of argument (and because last time I put him up as the strongest people bitched and moaned about it) let's put him behind Madara and Hashirama...
Regardless of the developments, I would still put Sarutobi ahead of Hashirama. For the following reasons:

1) Even though Sarutobi looked miserable against Orochimaru compared to the current manga's power levels, Enma stated that Sarutobi had seriously declined in his age.

2) He is considered the strongest Hokage ever, even stronger than Hashirama in his prime. They literally called him the God of Shinobi.

3) Edo Tensei resurrects the dead shinobi as they were before their death. Both Tobirama and Hashirama died in their prime ages. So Sarutobi, in his old age, was able to fight Orochimaru and both the First and Second Hokage.

4) Hashirama beat Prime Madara fair and square. No gimmicks, no talk-no-jutsu. He whooped dat butt. Edo Madara =/ Prime Madara. Kabuto said it himself, he modified Edo Madara's body. Madara probably activated Rinnegan when he was old and decrepit in that dungeon cave. Had he activated it when he was younger and healthy, let's say even mid 40's, I doubt he would've just stayed in the cave. Jiraiya was quite a boss in his early 50's, so Madara probably activated it in his 90's or even 100's of age when it was useless to him.

5) The reason why crazy stuff is going on now with the Madara power up is because Madara is 'modified', edo with unlimited chakra and regeneration and the current kage's suck compared to the older generations. This happens when times of peace occur in the real world, fighting forces and combat capabilities decline. It even happened to Hanzo, who didn't train and succumbed to Pein as a result of it.

The proper list:
1) Sage of the Six Paths
2) Hiruzen Sarutobi
3) Hashirama Senju
4) Madara Uchiha
5) Minato Namikaze
6) Obito Uchiha
7) Itachi Uchiha
8) Nagato Uzumaki
9) Orochimaru
10) Jiraiya/Kabuto

Orochimaru, I believe was seriously crippled by the sealing the 3rd placed on him. Ranks 9-10 are difficult, but my top 8 I believe is accurate.
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 20:59   Link #606
Sasukemaru
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Im not going to waste my time making another big list or trying to put them in any specific order, instead im going to group them in their own individual classes...also i won't be naming everyone in that particular class and i won't include the sage since he's in a league of his own.

First Class:
1st Hokage
Madara
(Eventually Naruto, Sasuke)

Second Class:
Nagato
Obito
Minato
3rd Hokage

Third Class:
Hanzo
3rd Raikage
Oonoki
Itachi

Fourth Class:
Legendary Sannin
4th Raikage
Sage Kabuto
Killer Bee

Fifth Class:
Kakashi
Sasori
Kisame
Gaara

As of today, I would place Naruto and Sasuke between 3rd and 2nd class...I might even put Naruto in 2nd class. When it's all said and done though, they will both be in First Class.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 03:45   Link #607
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
^that's a pretty good list. you have to be discounting kabuto's ET though or else he would be 1st class. also, hanzo is given too much credit and itachi not enough
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 10:40   Link #608
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
Strongest/Best. To me the strongest are not the best so you need two list.Strongest are ninja that win fights and are hard to kill. The best are the ones that make the least mistakes.Many of the strongest ninja make the most mistakes.Some of the ninja on the above lists have screwed up so bad it's almost impossible to correct their mistakes. I personally don't think any of them are better or worse then the next guy.True power is not about chakra levels,you'll see as the story progresses.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 14:19   Link #609
JustRob
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
Regardless of the developments, I would still put Sarutobi ahead of Hashirama. For the following reasons:

1) Even though Sarutobi looked miserable against Orochimaru compared to the current manga's power levels, Enma stated that Sarutobi had seriously declined in his age.

2) He is considered the strongest Hokage ever, even stronger than Hashirama in his prime. They literally called him the God of Shinobi.

3) Edo Tensei resurrects the dead shinobi as they were before their death. Both Tobirama and Hashirama died in their prime ages. So Sarutobi, in his old age, was able to fight Orochimaru and both the First and Second Hokage.

4) Hashirama beat Prime Madara fair and square. No gimmicks, no talk-no-jutsu. He whooped dat butt. Edo Madara =/ Prime Madara. Kabuto said it himself, he modified Edo Madara's body. Madara probably activated Rinnegan when he was old and decrepit in that dungeon cave. Had he activated it when he was younger and healthy, let's say even mid 40's, I doubt he would've just stayed in the cave. Jiraiya was quite a boss in his early 50's, so Madara probably activated it in his 90's or even 100's of age when it was useless to him.

5) The reason why crazy stuff is going on now with the Madara power up is because Madara is 'modified', edo with unlimited chakra and regeneration and the current kage's suck compared to the older generations. This happens when times of peace occur in the real world, fighting forces and combat capabilities decline. It even happened to Hanzo, who didn't train and succumbed to Pein as a result of it.

The proper list:
1) Sage of the Six Paths
2) Hiruzen Sarutobi
3) Hashirama Senju
4) Madara Uchiha
5) Minato Namikaze
6) Obito Uchiha
7) Itachi Uchiha
8) Nagato Uzumaki
9) Orochimaru
10) Jiraiya/Kabuto

Orochimaru, I believe was seriously crippled by the sealing the 3rd placed on him. Ranks 9-10 are difficult, but my top 8 I believe is accurate.
"God of Shinobi" is a title that has been used to describe three shinobi so far: The Sage of the Six Paths, Senju Hashirama, and Sarutobi Hiruzen. So really, I wouldn't put much value in that.

Anyway, in the end, I'd say the strongest Shinobi in his prime is Hashirama. The guy literally created Konoha by himself, and Madara himself acknowledged that he only considers Hashirama to be of an equal level as himself.
__________________
The betrayal you can see is trivial. What is truly fearsome, is the betrayal you don't see.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 20:17   Link #610
DarthDestroiar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Im not going to waste my time making another big list or trying to put them in any specific order, instead im going to group them in their own individual classes...also i won't be naming everyone in that particular class and i won't include the sage since he's in a league of his own.

First Class:
1st Hokage
Madara
(Eventually Naruto, Sasuke)

Second Class:
Nagato
Obito
Minato
3rd Hokage

Third Class:
Hanzo
3rd Raikage
Oonoki
Itachi

Fourth Class:
Legendary Sannin
4th Raikage
Sage Kabuto
Killer Bee

Fifth Class:
Kakashi
Sasori
Kisame
Gaara

As of today, I would place Naruto and Sasuke between 3rd and 2nd class...I might even put Naruto in 2nd class. When it's all said and done though, they will both be in First Class.
Itachi should be 2nd class... And LOL to the results many years later, the 4th? Not a chance, Madar or the 1st no doubt about that.
DarthDestroiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 08:27   Link #611
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
I bet Shino could beat Hashirama or any wood using ninja,termites.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.