AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-03, 03:58   Link #29181
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
They got the Blast Impulse, Savior, and Legend to work with at the least, those 3 are the most highly demanded Gundam MGs from DESTINY atm
yes please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Strike Noir is new enough (and still holds up perfectly fine even in this day) that it does not need a new kit
Maybe just slap on new manipulators and new handles? But for me, that ain't enough reason for a remaster one. I won't complain like a kid over such a small thing
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 04:19   Link #29182
Zeydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
They got the Blast Impulse, Savior, and Legend to work with at the least, those 3 are the most highly demanded Gundam MGs from DESTINY atm
Very true, but I just don't see three kits as being a big push compared to what they did with Wing and Seed. Wing got seven or so kits recently, and Seed had four soon to be five kits. It just makes me wonder if there might actually be reason to think the Freedom might get a new release, that's all. It played a large role in Destiny, and could easily be used to promote it.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 04:25   Link #29183
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Very true, but I just don't see three kits as being a big push compared to what they did with Wing and Seed. Wing got seven or so kits recently, and Seed had four soon to be five kits. It just makes me wonder if there might actually be reason to think the Freedom might get a new release, that's all. It played a large role in Destiny, and could easily be used to promote it.
I pretty am much confident that Freedom can get a remaster. Just not SF. Impossible
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 04:40   Link #29184
firefox
Seed seeder
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The country of beer !
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Considering Kira never piloted the Perfect Strike..LOL

What Kira piloted, unless I'm mistaken:

GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+P202QX Strike Gundam IWSP
MBF-02 Strike Rouge
MBF-02+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Rouge
ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam
ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam

So those are the MG's that I'd like to see Bandai do a Remaster HD ver. for..

GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+P202QX Strike Gundam IWSP
MBF-02 Strike Rouge
MBF-02+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Rouge

These would be reusing the upcoming Aile Strike Gundam MG frame, add parts, changing colors, adding accessories.

ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam
ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam

Those would be the ones that would need total new molds.
There is nothing wrong with the "old" Mg strike. It's still a great kit, it's easy to build, adequate posability and sturdy as hell! It was the first modern MG gundam. I should know i've built 4 of them.

Bandai should focus on bringing out suits that have never gotten an MG, plenty to go about esecially in SEED/seed Destiny

Besides as usual your ideas are as realistic as the next pope being lady gaga...
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 06:00   Link #29185
Zeydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I pretty am much confident that Freedom can get a remaster. Just not SF. Impossible
Oh yeah, completely agree with you there.

Actually, speaking of the Strike Freedom raises a question I've had for a while. Speaking as someone who's still a newbie to master grade kits, how would the Strike Freedom go for someone's second master grade?
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 06:03   Link #29186
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Very true, but I just don't see three kits as being a big push compared to what they did with Wing and Seed. Wing got seven or so kits recently, and Seed had four soon to be five kits. It just makes me wonder if there might actually be reason to think the Freedom might get a new release, that's all. It played a large role in Destiny, and could easily be used to promote it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I pretty am much confident that Freedom can get a remaster. Just not SF. Impossible
Bandai:
MG FREEDOM HD REMASTER

WITH ADDITIONAL TORSO TO PUT IMPULSE SWORD THROUGH!


Me: SOLD!
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 06:38   Link #29187
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Oh yeah, completely agree with you there.

Actually, speaking of the Strike Freedom raises a question I've had for a while. Speaking as someone who's still a newbie to master grade kits, how would the Strike Freedom go for someone's second master grade?
Amm, It's not that hard, though haven't built one. Just MG IJ, and since they're very similar, I think it's safe to say yes. Just be careful for of its wings, it breaks easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Bandai:
MG FREEDOM HD REMASTER

WITH ADDITIONAL TORSO TO PUT IMPULSE SWORD THROUGH!


Me: SOLD!
Nice idea, haven't thought of that actually :P
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 06:42   Link #29188
Exia_00
Gundam Meister
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney
Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Oh yeah, completely agree with you there.

Actually, speaking of the Strike Freedom raises a question I've had for a while. Speaking as someone who's still a newbie to master grade kits, how would the Strike Freedom go for someone's second master grade?
Strike Freedom for a second MG isn't a bad choice its not a difficult MG to make, I made it years ago but I do not recall any difficulties just watch out for the wing mechanism because it spreads the wings out when you rotate them, they used polycaps or plastic that was easier to wear away. about the only warning I can give... but atleast the wings will be easy to line up.
__________________
Exia_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 09:20   Link #29189
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam HD Ver. --> Confirmed
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam--GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam --> Confirmed as Online Exclusive
GAT-X105+P202QX Strike Gundam IWSP --> Not that impotant.
MBF-02+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Rouge --> Likely recolor and Online Exclusive
ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam --> popular enough so I think HD Ver. is likely
ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam --> definitely popular enough for HD Ver.
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 09:29   Link #29190
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam HD Ver. --> Confirmed
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam--GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam --> Confirmed as Online Exclusive
GAT-X105+P202QX Strike Gundam IWSP --> Not that impotant.
MBF-02+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Rouge --> Likely recolor and Online Exclusive
ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam --> popular enough so I think HD Ver. is likely
ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam --> definitely popular enough for HD Ver.
I want to ask you. Is popularity enough for an HD version?

RX-78-2, Zeta, Zaku variations and Gelgoog are quite popular and they did get 2.0s. But there are a lot of popular kits out there that didn't get that treatment. Soooo, I would like to ask you again, is popularity ALONE ENOUGH for an HD release? A simple Yes or No is enough. Explanations aren't needed
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 09:36   Link #29191
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 28
@suiton: Please define what you mean by HD Version of MG Strike Freedom. A simple recoloring, or a completly new kit? Because the "old" MG Strike Freedom is probably one of the best MG's out there and definitly don't need an update. Its proportions and articulation are superb and the kit itself is sturdy as hell. Even the Wings on mine are solid O.o Can't say that for a lot of those newer MG's this day. The Wings on my MG Wing Gundam TV became loose after a week. And my MG Unicorn Gundam can't even stand on its two feet! Long Story short: MG Strike Freedom is fine as it is
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 09:41   Link #29192
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
@suiton: Please define what you mean by HD Version of MG Strike Freedom. A simple recoloring, or a completly new kit? Because the "old" MG Strike Freedom is probably one of the best MG's out there and definitly don't need an update. Its proportions and articulation are superb and the kit itself is sturdy as hell. Even the Wings on mine are solid O.o Can't say that for a lot of those newer MG's this day. The Wings on my MG Wing Gundam TV became loose after a week. And my MG Unicorn Gundam can't even stand on its two feet! Long Story short: MG Strike Freedom is fine as it is
- tweak plastic colors like they've done with the "HD" HG Seed line of recent
- change up the parts to improve issues
- blue parts instead of stickers for gun
...etc
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 09:46   Link #29193
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
- tweak plastic colors like they've done with the "HD" HG Seed line of recent
- change up the parts to improve issues
- blue parts instead of stickers for gun
...etc
What issues? And the Rilfles are okay as they are. Don't like the stickers? Grab a blue Gundamarker and get to work. Problem fixed
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 10:10   Link #29194
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
What issues? And the Rilfles are okay as they are. Don't like the stickers? Grab a blue Gundamarker and get to work. Problem fixed
Regardless.

Seed and Seed Destiny has its rabid fans.
Bandai is going to want to take opportunity with this and spam out "HD Ver." line of Seed and Seed Destiny MG's.

If they're going to do "HD Ver." for any MG kits, it will be for:

GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam

GAT-X105+P202QX Strike Gundam IWSP
MBF-02 Strike Rouge
MBF-02+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Rouge
ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam
ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam

- The first 4 on this list is confirmed (Launcher & Sword being Online Exclusive).
- Strike IWSP...They might as well since it's just a Strike with the IWSP parts. But it's not that necessary if they have to sacrifice.
- Strike Rouge... Most likely we'll see the Aile Strike Rouge. I would guess this would be an online exclusive considering it would be a recolor of the upcoming MG Aile Strike HD Ver.
- Freedom... It's popular. You know Bandai is going to re-release it regardless of making updates, recolors, or nothing at all.
- Strike Freedom... It's popular as well. You know Bandai is going to re-release it regardless of making updates, recolors, or nothing at all. I think that Bandai will release that while Seed Destiny HD is airing on TV.

And this fits perfectly fine with the MG line up.

1. Aile Strike HD Ver.
--- Launcher & Sword HD Ver. = Online Exclusive

2. Aile Strike Rouge HD Ver.
--- Online Exclusive or normal
--- Recolored version of Aile Strike HD Ver.

3. Freedom HD Ver.
--- popular
--- good kit, but a 2013/2014 HD Ver. update would excite lots more people

.
.
.

Later with Seed Destiny HD:

1. Strike Freedom HD Ver.
--- popular..very popular

2. Destiny Gundam HD Ver.
--- also popular
--- could release the Wings of light as online exclusive add-on like the MG Nu Gundam ver. Ka's Double Fin Funnel set. maybe could Bandai could also include the Dragoon effect parts with it

3. Force Impulse HD Ver.
--- Blast & Sword as online exclusive

Maybe we'll finally get Savior Gundam, Infinite Justice HD Ver., Justice Gundam, ....
__________________
水遁 六百二十九

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-03-03 at 10:30.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 10:23   Link #29195
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 28
You don't need to spam youre list and repeat the same reasons all over again.aybe they will milk the new Strike, maybe not. That wasn't what i'm getting at. I'm talking about the Strike Freedom. My point is, that there will be no new MG of it, because there is absolutly no reason. If Bandai would be going by you're logic, they woupd need to re-release MGs of Destiny, Infinite Justice, Force and Sword Impule as well. There will be Strike Freedom and maybe a new Infinite Justice, but as Real Grades. Again, no need for new MGs, regardless of popularity
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 10:40   Link #29196
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
You don't need to spam youre list and repeat the same reasons all over again.aybe they will milk the new Strike, maybe not. That wasn't what i'm getting at. I'm talking about the Strike Freedom. My point is, that there will be no new MG of it, because there is absolutly no reason. If Bandai would be going by you're logic, they woupd need to re-release MGs of Destiny, Infinite Justice, Force and Sword Impule as well. There will be Strike Freedom and maybe a new Infinite Justice, but as Real Grades. Again, no need for new MGs, regardless of popularity
My point is that watching Bandai lately:

a. they've been doing a lot of these "HD" re-releases
b. they tend to do a lot more of those Online Exclusives lately
c. Seed HD just finished airing so Seed is still relevant
d. Seed Destiny HD is about to air so it's relevant
e. Seed and Seed Destiny has a ton of crazy fan boys so that's a lot of potential money there

I think it's safe to expect a lot of Seed and Seed Destiny related releases in the days coming. Also expect to see some Age in between, Wing of course, and if we're lucky maybe 00?
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 10:57   Link #29197
Exia_00
Gundam Meister
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney
Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Bandai would more likely decide to finally give us the BLAST IMPULSE MG and with SAVIOR at the very least with Chaos, Gaia and Abyss, we don't see Forbidden, Raider and Calamity yet...

I don't think Strike Freedom needs HD release either... its still one of my best kits like V2 said, most likely as RG's and I'd prefer it that way given that we just got the Destiny.

My only 'issue' with the MG SF and IJ (and you can throw destiny in there) is that their standing heights differ too much. In any case It seems more likely again they rectify that in RG given that Justice and Freedom have consistent heights because of the same inner frame it will be easier for bandai to make a new frame for the both of them.
__________________
Exia_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:05   Link #29198
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Either way, I might as well get the Seed and Seed Destiny MG's since people have praised them so much. The Aile Strike HD Ver. gives me some motivation.
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 15:33   Link #29199
Zeydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia_00 View Post
Strike Freedom for a second MG isn't a bad choice its not a difficult MG to make, I made it years ago but I do not recall any difficulties just watch out for the wing mechanism because it spreads the wings out when you rotate them, they used polycaps or plastic that was easier to wear away. about the only warning I can give... but atleast the wings will be easy to line up.
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely pick it up in the near future then. Despite a few gripes I have with that part of the show I absolutely love the design of the Strike Freedom.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 17:24   Link #29200
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I totally agree with Suiton's idea about the "Wings of Light" online exclusives for Destiny and SF, as long as they are reasonably priced (as in if I get this it will save me money from buying the Full Blast modes) they should sell well

Im also thinking about getting MG SF, I got the HG when I was younger because "it was a good idea at the time", I really wanna do the MS justice though
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.