AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-03, 03:51   Link #5641
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I really don't think it does matter to them. At best you can say the issue they had from that was that a small time guild had the nerve to stand up to them. After all for a guild that doesn't give a damn about its members that self-image of being the best is all that matters to them. They'll even go to the extent of kicking out anyone who fails and forgetting they ever existed to protect that pride.

The attack on Lucy mirrors this. I think a very minor part of this had to do with Natsu at all. Minerva needed someone in that pool to beat on for a while to satisfy her ego. Then things went bad because that pride was tarnished by Lucy having the gall to stand up to her. If Lucy rolled over to the almighty Sabertooth she would have been fine (well as fine as she would have been anyways).

It's all a big mess anyways. Sabertooth started this mess by treating their own member as less than trash. It's sadder that it was required by an outsider to step forward and do what one of their own members should have done.

Regardless Sabertooth must not be one for history. You declare war on Fairy Tail and there isn't going to be anything left of your guild but the legends. Phantom and Grimoire Heart learned that the hard way. Though in some ways can kind of view Phantom and Sabertooth on similar levels. Both caught up with their obsession of being the strongest and not really being a group that cares that much about each other. The rise of Fairy Tail getting in the way of that view and thus the war begins. Just that this time it will be a war inside an arena.
Sabertooth seems to have that ego streak in them I think. They're so mean, or prideful, or both. Rogue seems to be the only one of the 5 seeing that. Still, I have my doubts about him, like something will snap. Or with Sting. Minerva seems awfully calculating. It's like everything is going her way.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 04:33   Link #5642
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
As for FT's cancellation... there are 4 more episodes left, so that leaves the ending shortly after the Sting/Rogue/Natsu/Gadjeel fight. An odd place to end things.
It looks like it'll end right around the big TO BE CONTINUED page in the manga, appropriately enough.

Quote:
Fairy is shonen, but the storyline isn't quite as simple, and it incorporates things that will fly over the heads of little boys, like the complex relationship between Erza and Jellal, or things they don't care about like female fighters.


I don't think complexity or females are the issues. This isn't Death Note; complexity is basically on par with the Big Three. For instance, Naruto and Sasuke's relationship is roughly comparable to Erza and Gerard's, minus the sexual tension (arguably ). Or look at Unohana and Kenpachi's unusual relationship, although Bleach is well past its peak these days. (If we step further back, there was Gin and Rangiku. Or Byakuya and Rukia.)

As for female fighters, personally I found Rogue, Chun-Li, the Pink/Yellow Ranger, etc. *cough* very interesting as a kid, despite going "ewww" and turning away at Disney kiss scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
hi guys here's a good news who i get from a japan friend in another site about anime's ending...
Ooh, nice catch!
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 05:45   Link #5643
AntonKutovoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vladimir, Russia
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
hi guys here's a good news who i get from a japan friend in another site about anime's ending...
Spoiler:
Acually this will only work in mobile Twitter. In normal version it looks like a simple text:

Quote:
ツイッターでも づっと言いたかった事は時が くるまでは言えないんです。 よい発表ができる日まで我慢。
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 10:40   Link #5644
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
hi guys here's a good news who i get from a japan friend in another site about anime's ending...
Spoiler:
With my rough Japanese, I translate those katakana/hiragana to "tsu zu ku yo." Tsuzuku is the Japanese verb for "to continue" but what most amuses me is the yo on the end. That's generally used by females to add a "sassy" attitude to a word or sentence, heh. That said, I don't know if we should take it as gospel. Has Mashima had a history of adding in secret meanings to his twitter messages like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
I don't think complexity or females are the issues. This isn't Death Note; complexity is basically on par with the Big Three. For instance, Naruto and Sasuke's relationship is roughly comparable to Erza and Gerard's, minus the sexual tension (arguably ). Or look at Unohana and Kenpachi's unusual relationship, although Bleach is well past its peak these days. (If we step further back, there was Gin and Rangiku. Or Byakuya and Rukia.)

As for female fighters, personally I found Rogue, Chun-Li, the Pink/Yellow Ranger, etc. *cough* very interesting as a kid, despite going "ewww" and turning away at Disney kiss scenes.
I think you hit at it right there. You never saw Goku kiss Chichi, did you? It is important to keep romance out of shonen, because it makes the little boys go "ewww" and make it less likely they want to keep watching. The Jellal/Erza kiss was zoomed out probably for this very reason. Probably why any kind of Lucy/Natsu has been absent (other than a small comedic arc), and why there has been no real explanation or dealing with the Lisanna/Natsu thing. Also why main characters of shonen tend to be very child-like, even if they are older. They want the kids to identify with the main character.

So when I say complex, it has more to do with romantic feelings, which little boys in general won't get. That is why Bleach hasn't dealt overtly with any romantic feelings (hairpin girl's feelings towards Ichigo was the only overt one). I'd hazard a guess that One Piece doesn't really have romance, at least not with the main cast. In DBZ, getting a wife was just a way to pop out more fighters, thus why Bulma was suddenly with Vegeta instead of wolf-fang-fist guy (I really need to start looking up these names that slip my mind; must be getting old, heh). They needed another Saiyan.

Naruto is more interesting in that it does have romantic feelings, in several characters, though there is no real development along those lines(it has reduced Sakura to just pining endlessly over Sasuke). But Naruto's popularity, I think, has more to do with the fact that it is about a bunch of ninja, which are equally idolized in Japan and in the west, so it can overcome the little romantic feelings that do pop here and there (as long as they don't kiss!). It does have the odd, amusing effect of making Naruto's feelings for Sasuke appear stronger, and thus more gay, heh. But little boys can take the idea that a girl might like a boy; just any real follow-up to that, such as Erza and Jellal's more adult moment, make them uncomfortable. I think that is the reason why Naruto has never responded to Hinata's declaration.

It's important to note the difference between overt and subtle, too. You can hide romantic feelings in the subtle for older viewers to pick up; just don't make it too overt and physical or you risk turning off the kids.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 10:48   Link #5645
AntonKutovoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vladimir, Russia
Age: 20
Talking about "Shounen is for a kids" and "There's no place for romantic in shounen", I have to remind you, that, say, JoJo, Hokuto, Hana no Keiji and Rurouni Kenshin are shounens as well. And they all have romantic in it (in JoJo it is a REALLY rare guest, though).
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 11:21   Link #5646
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
the fact is the reason its ending is because the anime is too close to the manga. Because of where they air they cant really do a filler arc the only thing possible would've been a whole FT between the 7 years Team Tenro was gone.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 11:54   Link #5647
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
With my rough Japanese, I translate those katakana/hiragana to "tsu zu ku yo." Tsuzuku is the Japanese verb for "to continue" but what most amuses me is the yo on the end. That's generally used by females to add a "sassy" attitude to a word or sentence, heh. That said, I don't know if we should take it as gospel. Has Mashima had a history of adding in secret meanings to his twitter messages like this?
imshi is a japanese and also a FT fan who i like to talk and ask some questions about FT(this conversation I had with him was in mangafox site), i dont believe who at last his translation is bad, and yes mashima do this specially with ship teasing specially with natsu and lucy, exemple:
Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I think you hit at it right there. You never saw Goku kiss Chichi, did you? It is important to keep romance out of shonen, because it makes the little boys go "ewww" and make it less likely they want to keep watching. The Jellal/Erza kiss was zoomed out probably for this very reason. Probably why any kind of Lucy/Natsu has been absent (other than a small comedic arc), and why there has been no real explanation or dealing with the Lisanna/Natsu thing. Also why main characters of shonen tend to be very child-like, even if they are older. They want the kids to identify with the main character.

So when I say complex, it has more to do with romantic feelings, which little boys in general won't get. That is why Bleach hasn't dealt overtly with any romantic feelings (hairpin girl's feelings towards Ichigo was the only overt one). I'd hazard a guess that One Piece doesn't really have romance, at least not with the main cast. In DBZ, getting a wife was just a way to pop out more fighters, thus why Bulma was suddenly with Vegeta instead of wolf-fang-fist guy (I really need to start looking up these names that slip my mind; must be getting old, heh). They needed another Saiyan.

Naruto is more interesting in that it does have romantic feelings, in several characters, though there is no real development along those lines(it has reduced Sakura to just pining endlessly over Sasuke). But Naruto's popularity, I think, has more to do with the fact that it is about a bunch of ninja, which are equally idolized in Japan and in the west, so it can overcome the little romantic feelings that do pop here and there (as long as they don't kiss!). It does have the odd, amusing effect of making Naruto's feelings for Sasuke appear stronger, and thus more gay, heh. But little boys can take the idea that a girl might like a boy; just any real follow-up to that, such as Erza and Jellal's more adult moment, make them uncomfortable. I think that is the reason why Naruto has never responded to Hinata's declaration.

It's important to note the difference between overt and subtle, too. You can hide romantic feelings in the subtle for older viewers to pick up; just don't make it too overt and physical or you risk turning off the kids.
romance is something who have in 80 to 90% % of the shounens, what changes is how each mangaka like to does with "it", many likes the most commom "harem" route, others triangle lovers, others unrequeted love, others normal couiple with a very complicated route and somes like mashima ship tease, who alreave have almost of the "couples" premade(who gonna end with who), but deal with this in a childsh way(without to really have to do kiss/ confessions scenes), like is most of the couples in Ft, we can clear say who gonna "end" with who (natsu&lucy, erza&jellal, Gray&Juvia, Gajeel&Levi, Elfman&Evergreen and the best Laxus&Freed lol) then what mashima needs to do is just "tease" the fans with ship scenes, who proof who A and B have romantic feelings or at last a strong/special bound to each other.

we dont really see a kiss until really nearlly the end of the manga/anime, raven master followed the same patern the main couple haru and ellie only expressed their true feelings for each other and marrie near the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
the fact is the reason its ending is because the anime is too close to the manga. Because of where they air they cant really do a filler arc the only thing possible would've been a whole FT between the 7 years Team Tenro was gone.
i also believe on this i think mashima gonna skip a season(april to june) to end this arc, then FT come on next season again then mashina gonna write another big filler arc like the clock with at last 30 episodes to anime go back to manga follow, another thing who mashima can do is alternate between manga and anime fillers arcs(and dont make another big manga arc likes this) like: gmg arc, anime filler arc, manga arc, anime filler arc, if him keep following this pattern i believe who anime never gonna rearch too much again manga. and we can go a good amount of FT before he end the series.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 15:17   Link #5648
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Talking about "Shounen is for a kids" and "There's no place for romantic in shounen", I have to remind you, that, say, JoJo, Hokuto, Hana no Keiji and Rurouni Kenshin are shounens as well. And they all have romantic in it (in JoJo it is a REALLY rare guest, though).
Kenshin was also a fairly short manga. I'm not saying romance is completely absent from shonen, merely that shonen (lit: referring to a boy from elementary age, to early grade school) doesn't focus on it that much, especially if it wants to continue for a long time. If it is short, you can get away with it, but otherwise, you don't see characters going out on dates. You don't see kissing, you don't see romantic, sappy moments. It's not something that is dwelt on for a lot of time. I'm not saying "there is no place for it" merely that it's inclusion generally detracts from the demographic they are aiming for. Too much, and the kids lose interest. Sure, you can have characters that like each other; you just can't show them doing much.

American kids are much the same. I grew up with Transformers and GI Joe, and for us, it was all the fighting and cool weapons and stuff. There wasn't any romance of any kind. Kids want the fighting, the yelling, the shooting, adrenaline, powering up, etc. At least, if you want a long lasting series with decent popularity levels.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 19:25   Link #5649
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
It is true that shounen lack real deep romance. Even current cartoons it shows here in America. There is almost always romance, it just isn't as explored as a shoujo series, where it is almost all about romance. Relationships are important in all though. I guess it's hard to strike the right balance. Shows like Sword Art Online and Blast of Tempest seem to have a good balance and incorporate both well, although I never could get into SAO.

I wonder if maybe some of the themes and story of the last arc went over the heads of some of the younger views of the audience. It did have less action and some darker themes explored. The characters were cool too.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 22:18   Link #5650
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
With my rough Japanese, I translate those katakana/hiragana to "tsu zu ku yo." Tsuzuku is the Japanese verb for "to continue" but what most amuses me is the yo on the end. That's generally used by females to add a "sassy" attitude to a word or sentence, heh. That said, I don't know if we should take it as gospel. Has Mashima had a history of adding in secret meanings to his twitter messages like this?
I don't ever recall anything saying that yo was generally used by female. I've just seen it taught as a sentence ender used for certainty, emphasis, etc.

No, he doesn't have a history of adding secret meanings to his twitter messages, but he's had twitter for less than a year. He does seem to like letter and number games though, so something like this would be right up his alley.
Krono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 22:22   Link #5651
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Oh man its sad that its ending. Talk about abrupt, though i guess they have no option since the arc is not over yet in the manga, and they're real close to it, and going into a filler arc would be pointless. Though i'm hopeful that it wil make a comeback. Have there other animes that took a break and came back?
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 22:36   Link #5652
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
There has. Inuyasha notably, although their final arc was extremely rushed in using the mangas wrap up material. And Full Metal Alchemist got an entire AU 2nd anime to follow and finish the mangas plot when the first anime had to deviate from the plot midway and then wrapped up at 50 episodes.

However there has also been a few animes that stopped with the intention of wrapping up after the manga was finished, but never did. D Grayman, Kenichi, (though their mangas are STILL ongoing) Rave Master (manga finished, but they never animated the rest of it)

So its hard to say.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 23:41   Link #5653
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Oh man its sad that its ending. Talk about abrupt, though i guess they have no option since the arc is not over yet in the manga, and they're real close to it, and going into a filler arc would be pointless. Though i'm hopeful that it wil make a comeback. Have there other animes that took a break and came back?
Not many. Inuyasha got a 26 episode series to rush through and finish it off, and Full Metal Alchemist got a 60 odd episode reboot of the series. Hunter x Hunter did an arc in OVAs. None of which really counts as "took a break and came back". The only series I know of that did that is Gintama.
Krono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 09:36   Link #5654
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Not many. Inuyasha got a 26 episode series to rush through and finish it off, and Full Metal Alchemist got a 60 odd episode reboot of the series. Hunter x Hunter did an arc in OVAs. None of which really counts as "took a break and came back". The only series I know of that did that is Gintama.
Hunter x Hunter has a remake currently ongoing so that situation ended up being similar to FMA.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 09:36   Link #5655
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Not many. Inuyasha got a 26 episode series to rush through and finish it off, and Full Metal Alchemist got a 60 odd episode reboot of the series. Hunter x Hunter did an arc in OVAs. None of which really counts as "took a break and came back". The only series I know of that did that is Gintama.
FT already take a break before in 2011 or 2010(dont remember right), the last episode before the break was the giggle butt gang, then after 8 months come back with the filler arc clock of infinity.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 11:35   Link #5656
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
FT already take a break before in 2011 or 2010(dont remember right), the last episode before the break was the giggle butt gang, then after 8 months come back with the filler arc clock of infinity.
You definitely don't remember right, as Fairy Tail has been continuously airing since it started in October of 2009.
Krono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 14:18   Link #5657
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
You definitely don't remember right, as Fairy Tail has been continuously airing since it started in October of 2009.
i just dont remember the year but FT take a break before the Clock arc this i remember, because i keep following FT since the beginner, the infinit clock arc was created to give mashima time to work in gmg but due to gmg taking too much time to be finished anime rearched again manga, maybe a google search can show when FT stop but, who now you talked i think was between end of 2011 and start of 2012

by the way just make the math
1 year = 52 episodes
october to december is a 13 episdes
2010 to 2012 + 156 episodes
jan to last episode in march we have 9 episodes

156+13+9=178 more than 171 i only remember who the pause was after the end of the tenroujima, then their started to do some fillers arcs and before the "sabertooth" chapter anime break for 1 season or 2 i dont recall now then come back with the filler clock

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-03-04 at 14:36.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 14:35   Link #5658
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i just dont remember the year but FT take a break before the Clock arc this i remember, because i keep following FT since the beginner, the infinit clock arc was created to give mashima time to work in gmg but due to gmg taking too much time to be finished anime rearched again manga, maybe a coogle search can show when FT stop but, who now you talked i think was between end of 2011 and start of 2012
It most definitely did not take a break before the clock arc. Here's the episode list with air dates:

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Episodes

Tenrou Island and the immediate aftermath wrapped up at the end of March of 2012. The handful of filler episodes preceding the clock arc started at the beginning of April 2012, and clock arc itself started at the end of April 2012. The only "break" the Tenrou Island arc had was a one week break when it's broadcast date would have been December 31, 2011. It certainly did not take a multimonth break at any point.
Krono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 14:36   Link #5659
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i just dont remember the year but FT take a break before the Clock arc this i remember, because i keep following FT since the beginner, the infinit clock arc was created to give mashima time to work in gmg but due to gmg taking too much time to be finished anime rearched again manga, maybe a google search can show when FT stop but, who now you talked i think was between end of 2011 and start of 2012
I think between 2011 and 2012 the longest break FT has had was between episode 111 and 112, which was in December. Only reason for that was because of Christmas. There was also a week long break between season 1 and 2, and a week long break for Golden Week I think. Other than that, it's been running continuous.
Going by this of course.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Tail_episodes
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 14:56   Link #5660
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
well maybe i'm too old :X, forget what i told but i dont believe who this gonna be a end based in some talkings who i have with others peoples in others forums (specially guys from japan) in that discussions many also believe who gonna be just a season break, for mashima can end this arc before they can make another filler arc.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.