AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-04, 22:03   Link #3841
Yye1
Member of Little Busters
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
Actually,what kamito saw in rubia's eyes while fighting was an intense sense of commitment to her mission that nears despair.The true slut in the story is claire because(according to scarlet)she dreams of kamito whipping her.
Wait... what the hell?!
__________________
Donít you open your mouth about the best. Or Iím ma shut it for you real quick.
- Richard Sherman

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 22:06   Link #3842
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
Actually,what kamito saw in rubia's eyes while fighting was an intense sense of commitment to her mission that nears despair.The true slut in the story is claire because(according to scarlet)she dreams of kamito whipping her.
Well, we knew she was a closet submissive from the books she read. Come to think of it, all of the girls she rather okay with the idea of Kamito going sadist on them.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 22:24   Link #3843
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Uh yeah, did that really happen? There are couple bunch of bullshit when talking about god's wrath, but there are also some which are true. Nevertheless, all those god's wrath that happened, according to my religion, was caused by the humankind that had done terrible deed.

However, what of Seirei elemental lords? What kind of mistakes that made them gone mad like raging kids when they didn't get what they wanted?

They're like, "WAAAHHH WHERE'S MY OFFERING YOU DAMN HUMAAANS" and then proceed to destroy everything because of one negligence. There's no way I would worship them if they act like that.
May I ask which religion you follow? Some of the major religion in the world pack some serious fire-and-brimstone for similar or smaller "misdeeds." Or even as routine ritual.

The Fire Elemental Kings are DICKS, of course, but if we judge them by the same standard as OUR world religion, then you realize the author didn't go very far to find examples, and in fact, probably were more merciful (especially the Blade Dance-No KILL rule).

Please note when I speak of our world's "God's wrath", as a atheist, I assume all religion to be valid for the "wrath" example. Maybe Budda ate children, or the Christian god didn't blow Soddom or Gommarh into cinders. Or Hera don't go around cursing all of Zeus's bastard children, etc etc.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 22:26   Link #3844
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, we knew she was a closet submissive from the books she read. Come to think of it, all of the girls she rather okay with the idea of Kamito going sadist on them.
It was Renselt's fault. Everything Claire learned about Sex, she learned with Ren first
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 22:27   Link #3845
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Yeah...............the recent posts I read made it seem Order has grown wings and flew out the window. Guys, is there really a need to get this heated?
ReaperxKingx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 23:04   Link #3846
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*ī∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
May I ask which religion you follow? Some of the major religion in the world pack some serious fire-and-brimstone for similar or smaller "misdeeds." Or even as routine ritual.
No.

I've heard several story about greek gods where they act like an asshole and I must admit that they're even worse sometimes. If you're compared them with Seirei elemental lords, then I guess you're right... though that doesn't mean people should just accept their fate like what happened in Seirei. That's what my major gripes are The people there seems to blinded, and those who actually see the problem seem to be...a bit problematic with their head.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 00:06   Link #3847
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
No.

I've heard several story about greek gods where they act like an asshole and I must admit that they're even worse sometimes. If you're compared them with Seirei elemental lords, then I guess you're right... though that doesn't mean people should just accept their fate like what happened in Seirei. That's what my major gripes are The people there seems to blinded, and those who actually see the problem seem to be...a bit problematic with their head.
Well, people once fallen into religion will do whatever it takes to justify their beliefs. Atheism is a problem in a world where Godly Magic is real and justified. It is hard not to believe the all mighty Elemental lord when your sister can be iced for putting the wrong sauce in the offering.

Which bring us an interesting point.

We know Both the Laurenfrost and Rubinstein family both got epic wrath on their head for "Bad Offering."

Then how did FIANA, You know, the top elemental girl who was candidate to serve the lord of fire, manage not to earn some UNHOLY WRATH with her cooking that can make Est shake in freight?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 04:50   Link #3848
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
No.

I've heard several story about greek gods where they act like an asshole and I must admit that they're even worse sometimes. If you're compared them with Seirei elemental lords, then I guess you're right... though that doesn't mean people should just accept their fate like what happened in Seirei. That's what my major gripes are The people there seems to blinded, and those who actually see the problem seem to be...a bit problematic with their head.
do take note that greek gods were imaged to be as humane as any possible way and by humane doesnt mean being all good no its being as close as to the attributes of humanity meaning that they can be envious, greedy, kind, evil you know all the emotions that people go through so yes they can be total ass holes as some people can be total ass holes as welll anyway back to reading
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 05:00   Link #3849
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
The Greek gods were humane in the sense that they were both good and bad. They had flaws and emotions, were wrathful yet benevolent, cruel at times yet kind at others just like the humans they ruled over. On the other hand, what about these guys? It's not like they're *needed*-- without them rain still falls, crops still grow, life goes on. No, they simply demand offerings and sacrifices so they don't go on a huge hissy fit rampage and fuck everything up. And all the people are happy with that arrangement. Hell no. It's nigh time someone shoved two swords very hard up their ass.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 05:04   Link #3850
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
ok back to topic what came first Ren Ashbell (Kamito) winning the blade dance last 3 years ago or Rubia enraging the fire lord? ahh never mind I remembered that Kamito had to look for the fire elementals just to cook... so it was soon after that Kamito won the blade dance...
interesting note Grayworth actually spared Clair from her family's fate and sent her to the Laurenfrost house for shelter... but Rinslet was being tsundere... is it just me or everyone in trouble or is disowned goes to Laurenfrost territory....

[人々が精霊から解き放たれるためならば、多少犠牲はやむをえない]
Just to make sure anyone is misunderstanding Rubia she says this line in chapter 3 volume 10.... I'm not sure how it translates but its close as
"no matter how many sacrifices it takes, People must be free from the spirits"... uhhh... I need a better translator for this

Last edited by Algester; 2013-03-05 at 05:46.
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 05:58   Link #3851
sandhy88
Faithfull Reader
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
ok back to topic what came first Ren Ashbell (Kamito) winning the blade dance last 3 years ago or Rubia enraging the fire lord? ahh never mind I remembered that Kamito had to look for the fire elementals just to cook... so it was soon after that Kamito won the blade dance...
interesting note Grayworth actually spared Clair from her family's fate and sent her to the Laurenfrost house for shelter... but Rinslet was being tsundere... is it just me or everyone in trouble or is disowned goes to Laurenfrost territory....

[人々が精霊から解き放たれるためならば、多少犠牲はやむをえない]
Just to make sure anyone is misunderstanding Rubia she says this line in chapter 3 volume 10.... I'm not sure how it translates but its close as
"no matter how many sacrifices it takes, People must be free from the spirits"... uhhh... I need a better translator for this
Chronologies:
(4 years ago) Rubia enrage Fire Elemental Lord. Kamito free. Claire got abandoned. Fianna uncrown.
(A few weeks later) Kamito tried assasinated Greyworth and become maid. Claire being protected by Greywoth and come to Laurenfrost.
(1 year later) Kamito as Ren Asbell won Blade Dance. Claire got Scarlet after Greyworth nego with royal family and become student at Areshia Academy.
(1 year later) Rubia assume as Cardinal and become member of Alphas Empire.
(2 years later / present) Kamito goes and become student of Areshia Academy. vol 1 start here.

and so~on

Rubia believe at Dark Justice. "To archive something mean to sacrifice something". Or she just desperate because she will not has long life. Her body was weak from born and I assume that she got Curse Armament Seal.
__________________
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 06:13   Link #3852
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
anyway reading chapter 4 go to the group if you want spoilers
Spoiler:

Last edited by Algester; 2013-03-05 at 07:24.
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 08:06   Link #3853
florza
一日之计在于晨
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A place where the seasons come to a standstill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
[人々が精霊から解き放たれるためならば、多少犠牲はやむをえない]
Just to make sure anyone is misunderstanding Rubia she says this line in chapter 3 volume 10.... I'm not sure how it translates but its close as
"no matter how many sacrifices it takes, People must be free from the spirits"... uhhh... I need a better translator for this
"Sacrifices must be made sometimes in order to free the people from the spirits."
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 09:00   Link #3854
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
[人々が精霊から解き放たれるためならば、多少犠牲はやむをえない]
Just to make sure anyone is misunderstanding Rubia she says this line in chapter 3 volume 10.... I'm not sure how it translates but its close as
"no matter how many sacrifices it takes, People must be free from the spirits"... uhhh... I need a better translator for this
I really hope you aren't defending her with that, since it means she's a xenophobe now along with her other faults. Most spirits show so far tend be rather loving and devoted to their contractors. Also Est and Restia.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 09:28   Link #3855
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I really hope you aren't defending her with that, since it means she's a xenophobe now along with her other faults. Most spirits show so far tend be rather loving and devoted to their contractors. Also Est and Restia.
I don't think she is being xenophobic. Rather she just doesn't want humans being ruled over by the spirit kings and them being treated as god-like. Given what we know of the current spirit kings its probably an admirable goal, but the methods.....

It doesn't really seem worth it. The quality of the personalities on her team says it all. She isn't heroic. Her motivation seems more like a personal grudge rather than some moral superiority.
__________________
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 09:48   Link #3856
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I don't think she is being xenophobic. Rather she just doesn't want humans being ruled over by the spirit kings and them being treated as god-like. Given what we know of the current spirit kings its probably an admirable goal, but the methods.....

It doesn't really seem worth it. The quality of the personalities on her team says it all. She isn't heroic. Her motivation seems more like a personal grudge rather than some moral superiority.
well to her I think the end justifies the means but yes she has a noble goal yet is the anti-villain of this arc, we do have to take note that the spirits shes referring to are the Elemental Lords the very Lords that made the present blade dance an anomaly itself compared to the past blade dances according to Grayworth, but I have to admit for an ill girl to sacrifice quite a lot just to have her motive succeed seems admirable, but do take note Sorja Kahn is still on the loose and compring her to Miur, Lily, Restia and Rubia they are more tame than her...
heck volume 10 we get to see a fully tamed Miur... yeah... she maybe yandere but under Kamito that yanderu disappears and is replaced into imouto-moe chara
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 10:03   Link #3857
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Rubia is not an anti-villain. An anti-villain would be someone who will do anything to achieve a heroic goal, even if the methods are evil.

If Rubia had some sort of plan to fix what was going on, she would be an anti-villain. If the spirit kings were actively destroying humanity, she would be an anti-villain. If she was trying to free the apparently sealed original kings, she would be an anti-villain. If most (screw that, if one out of ten people) of the world wanted to be free of the spirit kings, she would be an anti-villain.

However, she simply plans to kill them. She's not an anti-villain, she's a brat throwing a hissy fit.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 10:25   Link #3858
ImperialFlameGod8190
The Supreme General
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
haha that translation proves my point she's trying to kill the elemental lords because she's seen what happens if you don't follow them blindly. First off theirs what happened to the village with the fire. Don't forget rinslets sister who bares an interesting connection to Rubia as well what it is who knows. She probably thinks that the spirits are bastards and wants to kill them to free the world so something worse doesn't happen although her plans not fleshed out lets face it before we knew Itachi's motivation for why he killed the clan you guys probably hated him just as much as you hate Rubia now
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 11:32   Link #3859
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
haha that translation proves my point she's trying to kill the elemental lords because she's seen what happens if you don't follow them blindly. First off theirs what happened to the village with the fire. Don't forget rinslets sister who bares an interesting connection to Rubia as well what it is who knows. She probably thinks that the spirits are bastards and wants to kill them to free the world so something worse doesn't happen although her plans not fleshed out lets face it before we knew Itachi's motivation for why he killed the clan you guys probably hated him just as much as you hate Rubia now
Itachis motivation was to prevent a war that would have destroyed the entire world. Rubias actions would most likely cause exactly what Itachi took action to prevent.

To sum it up:
She's going to (try to) kill the Elemental Lords while openly connected to a country that is gathering power in manner most others see as dangerous.

Her method of doing so (which fails miserably) is to bring back what the rest of the world essentially considers the devil.

She has no plan in place to deal with the inevitable chaos the spirits will cause, let alone the humans.

She has made no attempt to explain her actions to the world at large, or even gather support from others

In conclusion, she isn't Itachi. She is what everyone thought Itachi was before the reveal.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 12:03   Link #3860
nacer666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Plus Itachi is badass,he never get his ass kicked.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.