AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 23.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 25.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 13.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-03, 15:43   Link #81
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Yozora being a shut-in
You seem to think that people become shut-ins "just because", there has to be a reason, whether my deduction probes to be right or wrong does not change the fact that something happened in Yozora's past after Taka left (back then she was violent, but not a shut-in).

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
As for the part about the possibility of almost being raped and wishing it on someone else, I can assure you such things do not exist.
Pray tell, why?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 15:56   Link #82
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
While I won't say it's impossible, Yozora seems very comfortable with the word "rape", but very uncomfortable with any sexual action or feeling. So I'm going to say potchip's idea fits far better.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 16:13   Link #83
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yozora seems very comfortable with the idea of "Sena getting raped", but very uncomfortable with any real life sexual action or feeling.
There, corrected for extra precision.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 16:35   Link #84
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
There, corrected for extra precision.
Is that really any different from people calling each other to 'go and die' or 'please just die'? Sure the word rape has people getting all queasy than death but in essence it's the same- you don't actually want it- it's just an insult.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 16:44   Link #85
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is that really any different from people calling each other to 'go and die' or 'please just die'? Sure the word rape has people getting all queasy than death but in essence it's the same- you don't actually want it- it's just an insult.
Yozora clearly said she wished that Sena never existed (because she interferes with her ridiculous plans), which is quite different from trying to kill her. Therefore, Yozora has showed morbid pleasure at the thought of Sena getting raped, but it would be ATM quite out of place for Yozora to pay some thugs to rape Sena. I would even dare to say Yozora would put her life at risk to prevent Sena from such experience.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 16:49   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Yozora clearly said she wished that Sena never existed (because she interferes with her ridiculous plans), which is quite different from trying to kill her.
Meh, kids say that all the time.

While it does have the added context of her interference, it's still not really any different from any other thing people say in the heat of the moment... It just contains more syllabus.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 17:01   Link #87
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Are we now paraphrasing one quote then proceeding to build an argument on the said quote now? Especially quote from a bunch of tsunderes....lol
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 18:31   Link #88
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Quote:
What are you going on about?

So what if her intentions weren't exactly to help Yukimura? What matters is for Yukimura herself to have something to believe in.

And from what I've heard, Yozora has a hard time saying no to Yukimura. Would need to check the LN for that though.
Well, disregarding Yozora, Yukimura has always believed in Kodaka, and if not for Kodaka, she wouldn't have listened to anyone else, anyway.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 18:43   Link #89
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
^ Not sure about that Yukimura certainly choose to ignore Kodaka's view on her gender (or for that matter, tried to rationalize a balance between belief and reality) rather than taking Kodaka's word for it. This kind of reminds me of an interview/book on Dalai Lama - for someone who's a religious leader, he's surprisingly open to certain scientific theories if it does not conflict with his religious beliefs (eg evolution) whilst have a stubborn adherence to other teachings (eg choose to accept otherworldly powers as a given), in otherwords he picked and chose a position that he's eventually comfortable with both intellectually and spritually.

She also listens to Yozora because whilst Kodaka's status as deliquent no1 is undisputed, Yozora anego is the closest a woman can be like a man and hence a good reference point for learning (not sure if this is what Yozora actually wanted )
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 19:59   Link #90
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Quote:
She also listens to Yozora because whilst Kodaka's status as deliquent no1 is undisputed, Yozora anego is the closest a woman can be like a man and hence a good reference point for learning (not sure if this is what Yozora actually wanted )
I don't want Yukimura to learn how to be a bitch from her.

EDIT: Hearing the full version of Bokura no Tsubasa reminds me of Orange from Toradora. You know, "the upbeat melody that contrasts with the mood of the latter moments of the series". Although seeing that we're 4 or 5 episodes away from the end makes me doubt this.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 00:33   Link #91
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
I think it was a great episode, waiting for next one! Hehe.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 07:44   Link #92
Yozora
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Reading the LNs, I thought Sena looked very cool when she destroyed Yozora verbally. But after watching the anime version of it, I thought Sena is such a b... b... badass!!!

That was soooooooooo cool! Poor Yozora
Yozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 02:16   Link #93
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
That's why you miss the point.
not at all.

If it's the point(s) of the SHOW i dare say I get it is as much as anyone else probably much more than you.

if it's YOUR point I don't care one single bit, that's why I did not read past that self-serving arrogant statement of yours. and it is no doubt TL.
__________________
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 03:51   Link #94
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
^Well the TL;DR version of his post is along these lines:

1. Yozora started the club with the sole purpose of getting closer to Kodaka/Taka. Sena initially joined the club to make friends.

2. When Yozora wished that Sena didn't exist, she was referring to how Sena thwarted her plans and turned the club into a friendship club instead of just her and Taka, and was not spoken out of genuine hatred.

3. Sena's outburst against Yozora has two possible interpretations that may not be mutually exclusive. First, that Sena was speaking as a love rival in the fight for Kodaka. Second, that Sena was speaking as someone who wanted to be Yozora's friend, and the latter's insistence on the childhood friendship was hindering her goal.

4. The same applies to Yozora's reaction. Her dislike could stem from Sena's position as a love rival. Or it could arise from her own gradual subconscious acceptance of Sena as a friend, which implicitly makes her past friendship with Taka less unique.

5. The entire club understands, to varying degrees, that they are already friends. Nobody wants to make the first move, however, out of fear of rejection, which was developed from their past experiences.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 05:10   Link #95
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
^well frivolity I appreciate your trying to say all of that, but the fact is I already thought/considered all of that and I don't need some guy who thinks he's above others arrogantly making sweeping generalizations like that. That's my only problem, in fact if he didn't have that first line, I would have read past that & agreed to the post (if it's like what you wrote)
In any case you make a more concise post
__________________
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 05:16   Link #96
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Note to self: don't piss garbage off, he/she stops being kawaii and moe when angry
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 05:19   Link #97
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
^well frivolity I appreciate your trying to say all of that, but the fact is I already thought/considered all of that and I don't need some guy who thinks he's above others arrogantly making sweeping generalizations like that. That's my only problem, in fact if he didn't have that first line, I would have read past that & agreed to the post (if it's like what you wrote)
In any case you make a more concise post
Are you Yozora in disguise??
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 05:26   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Are you Yozora in disguise??
Could be... lets just go with that!
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 05:56   Link #99
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
Are we referring to Yozora as in the character or Yozora the recently banned user?

Going back on topic, it seems that "c'est si bon" means "this is good". I originally thought bon meant something else related to that Ricky Martin song
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 07:01   Link #100
JamJackEvo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Planet Earth
Yozora the user got banned?

Huh. Can't say I'm surprised what with the condescension he has over the Kodaka/Sena pairing and badmouthing Rika in her discussion thread.

Anyway, to the current topic at hand, it looks to me that the author just went for the French translation of "Kimochi ii," if you know what I mean.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.