AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-03, 14:18   Link #3501
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
why not? I don't really see how one can suddenly be C-N without being the Brightest among the current girls, which you seem to be implying.
I wasn't implying that. Besides, it's made obvious a strong radiance is an inherent potential, no something you can gain with hard work. Of course, it takes work to cultivate that radiance, but Miichan's talking about the hardships of staying a Center Nova. When it comes to getting there in the first place, we only have Yuuko's case at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
This has been Yuuko's & Acchan 13th goal
No, it was Yuuko's goal. Acchan was already a Center Nova when she said she wanted to shine really bright. Like I said, it's possible she only got that passionate about it after she was made Center Nova.


Anyway, if this is all then let's leave it at that.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 17:04   Link #3502
squallta
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I think it's more of a shout-out to Macross Frontier in my opinion... unless Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome happened to drop by and say "Hi!"

Still, it's kinda funny that if Mii-chan returns to AKB0048, she might become the oldest understudy in the universe!
Sono "Sheryl" Chieri and Motomiya "Ranka" Nagisa come to Vajra home planet
squallta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 19:12   Link #3503
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Despite now having it as a goal to shoot for, I still think that Nagisa alone won't be able to resolve the Center Nova issue -- she needs Chieri for this.

That's the problem, I think with the current narrative of 2nd stage, where the two were put in divergent paths (with two different kirara even!), when the first season pretty much hammered home the point that Nagisa and Chieri were two halves of a greater whole. While they're capable of shining on each own, they need each other to reach their full potential.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 20:11   Link #3504
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Blue Rose becomes one of my favorite AKB48 song after the lastest ep.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 20:44   Link #3505
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Despite now having it as a goal to shoot for, I still think that Nagisa alone won't be able to resolve the Center Nova issue -- she needs Chieri for this.

That's the problem, I think with the current narrative of 2nd stage, where the two were put in divergent paths (with two different kirara even!), when the first season pretty much hammered home the point that Nagisa and Chieri were two halves of a greater whole. While they're capable of shining on each own, they need each other to reach their full potential.
I agree. Willpower alone isn't going to allow Nagisa to do what no other center nova in history has done. Even if it could, frankly, and meaning no offense to her fans, Nagisa doesn't have that much willpower. Yuuko utterly outclassed Nagisa in terms of determination, and she still couldn't hold herself in the normal world. I think adding a second person (not just any second person, of course, but a specific person who is in tune with the center nova) may somehow stabilize the whole process, as folks around here have been guessing.

Even if Chieri hasn't thought that much out yet, I don't think she's planning on letting Nagisa go through with this center nova plan of hers alone. Her reaction to Nagisa's declaration seemed telling. I don't believe she would willingly walk away to pursue her own goal and basically let her friend commit suicide.
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 21:21   Link #3506
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 38
Nagisa still has a long way to go if she thinks it's the right thing to do, but then she's treading on uncharted territory ("Here there be monsters"), and I doubt she'll come there alone.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 22:19   Link #3507
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
All that work for Kiraras havent they tried using a wormhole weapon
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 23:42   Link #3508
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
about the ep title, which was trollish btw everyone was thinking Blue=Chieri, but turns out to be mii-chan and the Blue-rose song. Question though is that song really sung by Real life Mii-chan or particualrly associatd with her?
Here:


Perfect song for aerial combat engagements with a fully-loaded Valkyrie. CHANNELING MILIA HERE.
__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2013-03-04 at 00:23.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 23:59   Link #3509
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Here:

Perfect song for aerial combat engagements with a fully-loaded Valkyrie.

You should have posted a version that includes Miichan:



__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 00:25   Link #3510
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 38
Now there shall be a next-gen NO3B.

BTW:

And I feel fired up about picking up Macross for tonight.
__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2013-03-04 at 01:41.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 15:55   Link #3511
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
I'm wondering about something that Mii-chan said. If a new Center Nova really need a battle concert in Akibastar, then we will likely get the new one (or ones) in a few eps on the battle to regain Akibastar. And together with that we may get Yuuko back. In that regard then no one from no name would succeed a Yuuko after all.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 17:00   Link #3512
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I'm wondering about something that Mii-chan said. If a new Center Nova really need a battle concert in Akibastar, then we will likely get the new one (or ones) in a few eps on the battle to regain Akibastar. And together with that we may get Yuuko back. In that regard then no one from no name would succeed a Yuuko after all.
I can't imagine there were that many battles on Akibastar, appropriately timed. I suspect the concentration of dualium was all that was needed in terms of location. That's what she said two episodes ago.
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 22:59   Link #3513
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
When Chieridad and Mii-chan were listing the conditions for the Center Nova phenomenon these past two episodes, I believe they were made a bit more specific than they technically had to be. In particular, I don't think the location -has- to be Akibastar. Anywhere with lots of dualium will do (like Lancastar, at the end of first stage) but Akibastar happens to be the most convenient.

With where the plot is heading, return to Akibastar seems the obvious route, but who knows? Maybe we'll see both planets before the series ends. They did show things going on with Nagisa's dad at the start of episode 22.
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 00:12   Link #3514
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
When Chieridad and Mii-chan were listing the conditions for the Center Nova phenomenon these past two episodes, I believe they were made a bit more specific than they technically had to be. In particular, I don't think the location -has- to be Akibastar. Anywhere with lots of dualium will do (like Lancastar, at the end of first stage) but Akibastar happens to be the most convenient.
Conditions for which to cause the phenomenon seems to be different between Acchan and Yuko; the former disappeared during what appeared to be a normal concert, with no adverse weather conditions nor engaged in combat, while the latter went out in a very violent environment according to the specifics said by the two characters. Acchan is depicted here as a serene character, as though she's a Zen practitioner, while Yuko is an aggressive upstart wishing to be on top, to fight with claw and nail.

What is common, however, is the emotional intensity and output generated by those two girls, and the ability to attract and to be supernaturally attuned with the Kirara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
With where the plot is heading, return to Akibastar seems the obvious route, but who knows? Maybe we'll see both planets before the series ends. They did show things going on with Nagisa's dad at the start of episode 22.
This is what I enjoy about the show, the uncertainty and unpredictability that keeps me waiting for the next installment, and also makes it very distinct from others within the same genre.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 02:23   Link #3515
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
^ I think we should rethink this because they did say those are 2 different phenomenon, Yuuko's just happened to go through both at practically the same time.

I meant the Becoming Center Nova Phenomena & Disappearance Phenomena are two separate things with their own set of requirements. Don't quite remember the exact have to rewatch, unless someone else list it for us

AFAIR : becoming C-N = Concert Battle + Weather Disturbance + High Dualium levels
Disappearance = Akibastar? + concert battle
wahh i'm getting confused will rewatch
__________________
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 06:51   Link #3516
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
Disappearance = Akibastar? + concert battle
Definitely not required. Neither one was the case when Acchan disappeared.
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 06:55   Link #3517
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
When Chieridad and Mii-chan were listing the conditions for the Center Nova phenomenon these past two episodes, I believe they were made a bit more specific than they technically had to be. In particular, I don't think the location -has- to be Akibastar. Anywhere with lots of dualium will do (like Lancastar, at the end of first stage) but Akibastar happens to be the most convenient.

With where the plot is heading, return to Akibastar seems the obvious route, but who knows? Maybe we'll see both planets before the series ends. They did show things going on with Nagisa's dad at the start of episode 22.
You're likely correct. What was confusing me is that I didn't remember on the first report about the conditions anything about storm weather, so I thought they had found more precise conditions than the ones they thought about on ep 20. But then rechecking ep 20 they do say "atmospheric disturbance".

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
^ I think we should rethink this because they did say those are 2 different phenomenon, Yuuko's just happened to go through both at practically the same time.

I meant the Becoming Center Nova Phenomena & Disappearance Phenomena are two separate things with their own set of requirements. Don't quite remember the exact have to rewatch, unless someone else list it for us

AFAIR : becoming C-N = Concert Battle + Weather Disturbance + High Dualium levels
Disappearance = Akibastar? + concert battle
wahh i'm getting confused will rewatch
garbage is correct about the two being different as Mii-chan explained last episode. Also, according to her disappearance is just that center nova reaching a maximum level of radiance or something, doesn't seems like there is any need for Akibastar. Acchan disappearance wasn't in Akibastar after all.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 15:37   Link #3518
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Yeah, the three conditions are just to become Center Nova, and once you maximize your "radiance" afterwards you disappear. It just so happened that both occurred within the same few minutes for Yuuko.

Presumably Acchan qualified as CN at a concert that hasn't been talked about, and simply disappeared later when she'd accumulated enough idol power.
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 16:08   Link #3519
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
^ What is unexplained is the gate. Does it appear when a girl becomes CN or when she disappears?

Yuuko's case doesn't make that clear because, as you said, both things occurred almost at the same time for her.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 17:23   Link #3520
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ What is unexplained is the gate. Does it appear when a girl becomes CN or when she disappears?

Yuuko's case doesn't make that clear because, as you said, both things occurred almost at the same time for her.
From Tsubasa line on ep 22 (11:44-11:50) "When somebody awakens as Center Nova, a gate to the other world opens", it does seems to me the gate opens when someone becomes a Center Nova, rather than when they disappear.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.