AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 11:24   Link #981
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Some other images

Solid Rising artwork

amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 18:49   Link #982
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Now that's quality artwork and designs.
Old 2013-03-05, 19:55   Link #983
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've been casually playing through this over the past few days and its been pretty awesome (I especially liked the fight with Sam) and I loved all the nods to MGS and such however the last boss has pretty much ruined the entire game for me not because its utterly absurd but because its stupidly difficult and most importantly incredibly frustrating compared to any other fight throughout the game.

I don't have any nano-repair kits and his attacks deal so much damage that I die in no time (even seem to take damage while parrying) but at one stage after what felt like half an hour of dodging and hit and run attacks I had him down to about 60hp when he started to continually spam the throwing debris attack which I managed to miss one cut on which meant and insta-death.............again for about the 20th time.

So yeah I'm a bit miffed.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 19:57   Link #984
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I've been casually playing through this over the past few days and its been pretty awesome and I especially liked the fight with Sam however the last boss has pretty much ruined the entire game for me not because its utterly absurd but because its frustratingly difficult compared to any other fight throughout the game.

I don't have any nano-repair kits and his attacks deal so much damage that I die in no time (even seem to take damage while parrying) but at one stage after what felt like half an hour of dodging and hit and run attacks I had him down to about 60hp when he started to continually spam the throwing debris attack which I managed to miss one cut on which meant and insta-death.............again for about the 20th time.

So yeah I'm a bit miffed.
Well, actually... if you manage to actually cut all the debris he throws... they drop repair kits.... just to let you know~
Old 2013-03-05, 19:58   Link #985
Chaos2Frozen
:)

You can ninja run to the side to avoid the debris.

Also dodge is your best friend in this fight, more so than parry.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 20:18   Link #986
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I know thats what I have been doing, I've watched videos on youtube but his attack pattern just doesnt seem the same and all he does for me is walk about slowly and then launches some AOE attacks and that grab so I never get that parry attack (where he knocks the sword out of your hand and you gut punch him) he just beats me down with the same bunch of attacks and then spams the debris attack.

Literally tearing my hair out at it.

Old 2013-03-05, 20:25   Link #987
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Look at the patterns on his attacks.

Also when he's charging doing an AOE attack look at the ground and go to the nearest safest where you won't get hit my the lava, also you need to be a little quick on your reflexes because he can come at you charging with a kick or grab move. Grab moves do a ninja run and jump to avoid it, the kick can be parried. He can also heal himself , but that's the easiest part since you just need to blade mode one area of his body.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:39   Link #988
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Yeah.... no I'm not going to bother trying it again now its annoyed me that much, its just stupid how much more difficult the last section is compared to the rest of the game and for me it isn't even as remotely enjoyable as the other boss fights either.

Old 2013-03-05, 20:39   Link #989
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

I've seen other codec stuff and it makes sense why Raiden chose to work with Maverick. Cyborg's still aren't "prevalent" in society since MGS4, since outside of wounded PMCs members (who are indefinitely contracted to their PMC until they can pay off the debt due to the cost of the surgery) and wealthy citizens who happen to need a single prosthetic, cyborgs are still pretty rare in Rising, outside of the PMC that you're facing, they're not even common in state armies. Cyborgs are still generally a "weird" thing in Rising and part of why Raiden says he couldn't handle a civillian life since even with fake-skin grafts, he still felt judged and uncomfortable even shopping with his family.

That explains that Shinkawa picture with the giant coat.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 20:47   Link #990
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The last boss fight needed to hard so they up the anti with Armstrong Gray HULK lol. But damn it was epic!

As for flesh skin grafting I guess MGS4 since we still see linings on on areas on Raiden and the MGR codec conversations, one reason why Raiden probably still uneasy with his family life and like old Jack the ripper he still does what he wants.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:48   Link #991
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Yeah.... no I'm not going to bother trying it again now its annoyed me that much, its just stupid how much more difficult the last section is compared to the rest of the game and for me it isn't even as remotely enjoyable as the other boss fights either.
Honestly, I didn't really find the final boss that difficult until I fought him on Very Hard were there was a painfully clear spike in difficulty, so I really don't understand your sentiments on this. Maybe you haven't upgraded your health, energy or weapons to a decent level yet.

I'll have to 100% disagree with it being un-enjoyable though, fighting a ripped nanomachine-induced politician is a pretty absurd scenario, but when you consider what else we've gotten in the Metal Gear franchise it's not too out there by Metal Gear standards. Not to mention the atmosphere of destruction around you two and awesome music in that fight make it just incredibly epic in scale.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:51   Link #992
Chaos2Frozen

He kicked my ass badly on Hard difficulty; A couple of things that worked for me.

As a general rule this boss is touch and go, meaning like Sundowner you should not commit to a full on barrage if he is still standing upright.

1) The trailblazer move - This is where he summons a 'low' fire wall; You don't actually need to wait for the flames to completely die down. You can cross it almost immediately after he recovers from it.

2) The Inferno Wall move - This is where he summons a 'high' fire wall that last a long time. During this period, he is actually pretty passive most of the time. Several times I actually stopped moving and waited till the flames died down... Which took a while.

3) Golden Veins thingy - Obviously you know how to avoid these, but if possible try to run behind him. Once out of sight he would not do the dash attack.

4) Grab attack - Dodge to the side, twice in case, similar to the Mastiff. Don't rely on jumping though- Unlike the Mastiff, this guy can jump grab.

5) Explosion - Dodge twice backwards, that's all there is to it.
Old 2013-03-05, 21:03   Link #993
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^ Do you keep a lock on Hulk Armstrong? I rarely keep my lock on him since his moves are just massive. I just keep moving.

And yes thanks to this farming exploit I got all the upgrades I needed.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-05, 21:21   Link #994
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I have the general gist of what to do and how his attacks work but he has some moves that seem impossible to parry/dodge (like that reverse elbow thing he does) which just sap health and to make matters worse I try to dodge all the debris attacks because I don't want to chance missing a cut and having to do it all again so I never get the health packs from them.

My experience playing "hack and slash" games is limited but I sailed through the likes of bayonetta and DMC4 on hard with little difficulty so I'm not exactly rubbish at MGR either but I'm not enjoying this at all.

I'll come back to it at a later point, but I'm taking a break for now.

Old 2013-03-05, 21:24   Link #995
Chaos2Frozen

I see... In the worst case scenario, you could restart the chapter to collect nanopaste... I was able to get by with 2 (using one in the process)
Old 2013-03-05, 21:27   Link #996
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Thats an idea, I really liked the first sections of the fight so it mightn't be too bad to try that.

I'll leave it until tomorrow but much thanks for the help/tips regardless.

Old 2013-03-06, 05:10   Link #997
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's a learning curve whenever you need to use blade mode. L3 and R3 are your best friends, took me awhile to learn also the timing.

The nostalgic thing for me here is Raiden's cartwheel dodge and 3 punch double kick, reminds me of MGS2 Raiden, but in a good way.
Old 2013-03-06, 09:00   Link #998
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
After continuous listening, I'm surprised that the song I like the most is "I'm My Own Master Now". Now I'm literally turning this song on whenever I'm playing action game. I hate to repeat myself, but this game really has some kickass and memorial OSTs.
Old 2013-03-06, 09:06   Link #999
Chaos2Frozen

"RULES OF NATURE!!!" is the new "MORTAL KOMBAT!!!".
Old 2013-03-06, 12:38   Link #1000
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

VR missions 7, 18 and 19 are raping me. Hard.