AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-08, 04:33   Link #201
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am talking about a tactician's opinion, not a politician's opinion.
Well, I kinda like the idea to nuke NK back then.... It would be a blast..
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 05:22   Link #202
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Well, I kinda like the idea to nuke NK back then.... It would be a blast..
Now that is neither a tactician's nor a politician's opinion, but a madman's opinion.
__________________
Die Arbeit macht selig, denn die Arbeit macht frei
LeoXiao is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 05:31   Link #203
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Now that is neither a tactician's nor a politician's opinion, but a madman's opinion.
Nah, I think sprouting mushrooms in NK to end the war is better. I think NK never tasted the American styled Mushrooms..
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 05:38   Link #204
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Nah, I think sprouting mushrooms in NK to end the war is better. I think NK never tasted the American styled Mushrooms..
And get China really involved (as you said), and the Soviet Union too? The resulting nuclear war probably would have killed everyone in North Korea, like half of China, and millions in Russia, Europe, and America. Who knows when the war would have ended. It's a good thing that Truman fired MacArthur before he did something stupid.
__________________
Die Arbeit macht selig, denn die Arbeit macht frei
LeoXiao is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 05:40   Link #205
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
Usually political analysis stuff is a task for calm, collected people.
__________________
Ridwan is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 05:49   Link #206
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I get the feeling there is a power struggle going on with Kim Kyong-hui currently in a bad condition. This is probably to keep a lid on things as Kim Jong Un straightens things out.
With more executions by mortar?
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 06:01   Link #207
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
And get China really involved (as you said), and the Soviet Union too? The resulting nuclear war probably would have killed everyone in North Korea, like half of China, and millions in Russia, Europe, and America. Who knows when the war would have ended. It's a good thing that Truman fired MacArthur before he did something stupid.
The problem was that the NK were in China's soil so nuking them is basically nuking China. If only they let some NKs back inside Korea then nuke them....

McArthur may have been too excited...
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 06:41   Link #208
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
North Korea is bluffing -- until the actual new war begins again.
Kyuu is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 07:15   Link #209
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
North Korea is bluffing -- until the actual new war begins again.
Definitely a fact. She is in no position nor has the capability to start a war. She has to seek the permission of her Onee-sama first.
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 07:26   Link #210
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
The problem was that the NK were in China's soil so nuking them is basically nuking China. If only they let some NKs back inside Korea then nuke them....

McArthur may have been too excited...
Even then, the problem is that once the US used nukes as if it was no big deal (Japan was a special case), it would set a bad precedent for other nuclear-armed countries whenever they fight wars. Imagine if we used nukes in Korea, then it would make sense to use them in Vietnam, and then when the Soviets wanted to use them in Afghanistan there would be nothing stopping them from doing it since if we were to condemn them it would be completely hypocritical.

Basically, it's good that countries don't see the nuclear bomb as a weapon that you can ever actually use.
__________________
Die Arbeit macht selig, denn die Arbeit macht frei
LeoXiao is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 07:26   Link #211
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
__________________
RRW is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 07:30   Link #212
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
And get China really involved (as you said), and the Soviet Union too? The resulting nuclear war probably would have killed everyone in North Korea, like half of China, and millions in Russia, Europe, and America. Who knows when the war would have ended. It's a good thing that Truman fired MacArthur before he did something stupid.
If the project for Skynet existed back then we should have handed the US ICBM silo-control over to it. *sarcastic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
What did it say? Best Korea Strongest?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 07:33   Link #213
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If the project for Skynet existed back then we should have handed the US ICBM silo-control over to it. *sarcastic*
Clearly what we needed back then was robo-MacArthur
__________________
Die Arbeit macht selig, denn die Arbeit macht frei
LeoXiao is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 07:34   Link #214
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

What did it say? Best Korea Strongest?
"just give us the order"
__________________
RRW is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 07:36   Link #215
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Even then, the problem is that once the US used nukes as if it was no big deal (Japan was a special case), it would set a bad precedent for other nuclear-armed countries whenever they fight wars. Imagine if we used nukes in Korea, then it would make sense to use them in Vietnam, and then when the Soviets wanted to use them in Afghanistan there would be nothing stopping them from doing it since if we were to condemn them it would be completely hypocritical.
.
Probably the UN is involved as well? And I think it is different from Soviet's selfish conquest of Afghanistan. Maybe the UN made it looked "justifiable". Well I might be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
"just give us the order"


NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 08:08   Link #216
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Probably the UN is involved as well? And I think it is different from Soviet's selfish conquest of Afghanistan. Maybe the UN made it looked "justifiable". Well I might be wrong.
The problem is not what is legal or allowed according to some treaty, but what is actually happening. The issue is that if one country uses nukes simply as a massive artillery shell, then there is absolutely nothing stopping other countries from doing the same thing.

Now the reason why this didn't happen with the war against Japan was because the nuclear bomb was completely new at the time of use, and because it wasn't actually the reason for America defeating Japan -- it was simply a way to a) save the US army the human cost of invasion and b) to show everyone else how powerful we are. So it was a special case, and not used as a normal weapon. But in Korea MacArthur would have used many nuclear bombs in the same way that he used conventional bombs. That is the kind of thing that really needs to be avoided.
__________________
Die Arbeit macht selig, denn die Arbeit macht frei
LeoXiao is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 08:21   Link #217
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
The problem is not what is legal or allowed according to some treaty, but what is actually happening. The issue is that if one country uses nukes simply as a massive artillery shell, then there is absolutely nothing stopping other countries from doing the same thing.

Now the reason why this didn't happen with the war against Japan was because the nuclear bomb was completely new at the time of use, and because it wasn't actually the reason for America defeating Japan -- it was simply a way to a) save the US army the human cost of invasion and b) to show everyone else how powerful we are. So it was a special case, and not used as a normal weapon. But in Korea MacArthur would have used many nuclear bombs in the same way that he used conventional bombs. That is the kind of thing that really needs to be avoided.
I see your point there.. But I still think using that in the Korean War would make a big difference....IMHO
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 08:26   Link #218
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I see your point there.. But I still think using that in the Korean War would make a big difference....IMHO
To the rest of the world too.

Remember, just 3 years before it the Chinese were fighting the Koreans (under the Japanese) alongside alongside the Americans, and now both parties have turned on each other. It would fragment the alliances made throughout the world in an effort to stop the Axis, and result in WWIII.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 10:59   Link #219
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I see your point there.. But I still think using that in the Korean War would make a big difference....IMHO
Sure, and it will destroy Korea too. You realize how small the entire Korean nation is right? The whole place is about the size of New Jersey. One Nuke in NK and you will be glowing in SK in no time.
ArchmageXin is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 12:03   Link #220
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Sure, and it will destroy Korea too. You realize how small the entire Korean nation is right? The whole place is about the size of New Jersey. One Nuke in NK and you will be glowing in SK in no time.
Eh, it's not that bad. Nukes back then weren't so powerful and besides Korea is so full of mountains and messy terrain that if you exploded a nuke somewhere it's effects might be relatively contained to just the immediate area. I think that SH posted that earlier.

Now the issue is that American being Americans, we would probably use many as it takes to get the job done, plus bomb China a few dozens of times, which is very bad news for the local population.
__________________
Die Arbeit macht selig, denn die Arbeit macht frei
LeoXiao is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.