AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-09, 00:34   Link #3541
sandhy88
Faithfull Reader
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
What the point of blaming Tatsuya?
Tatsuya is important person from all aspect.
For Japan, he was the trump card of hidden weapon. They will not let him go.
For Yotsuba, he was the powerful guardian. they as far as make Miyuki to "hostage" for him.
For FLT, he is important researcher that can gain more money.
If you think like that, what Tatsuya get only expelled from school and anoying him for his normal high school live get destroyed. It mean that death flag for saegusa.
__________________
sandhy88 is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 00:41   Link #3542
waffler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Holy crap tatsuya can use:
-regrowth
-decomposition
-gram demolition
-material burst
-ninja skills and fighting skills
-has super superior knowledge and intellect
-is a cad master who developed loop cast
-knows all 16 codes?
-has flash cast and elemental sight
is there anything he cant do????(btw how big is the importance that he knows all 16 codes and what happens if all of the stuff up there gets revealed to the public?
waffler is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 01:06   Link #3543
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in the tower currently E-level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
What the point of blaming Tatsuya?
Tatsuya is important person from all aspect.
For Japan, he was the trump card of hidden weapon. They will not let him go.
For Yotsuba, he was the powerful guardian. they as far as make Miyuki to "hostage" for him.
For FLT, he is important researcher that can gain more money.
If you think like that, what Tatsuya get only expelled from school and anoying him for his normal high school live get destroyed. It mean that death flag for saegusa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
Holy crap tatsuya can use:
-regrowth
-decomposition
-gram demolition
-material burst
-ninja skills and fighting skills
-has super superior knowledge and intellect
-is a cad master who developed loop cast
-knows all 16 codes?
-has flash cast and elemental sight
is there anything he cant do????(btw how big is the importance that he knows all 16 codes and what happens if all of the stuff up there gets revealed to the public?
Maybe because he knows (probably) all 16 codes.

And is as all of you say he is all of those things. Thought all of them will not be revealed just knowing a little about Tatsuya paints a grim picture of something beyond human. If Tatsuya relationship with 101 gets discovered and is attack by magic discrimination groups not only will this bring trouble to Tatsuya but far more attention than need be, even from foreign spy's them if one secret gets out so will others creating a chain than connects him to yotsuba. He will become the target of many from within and from outside the country. Kouchi hopes or maybe he has a different plan in mind that this will weaken the Yotsuba (since Tatsuya is a primary combatant and there precious strategic class mage).

P.S: if you where someone that discriminated against mages, because they are either (supposedly) treated better or you are scared of them or just jealous Tatsuya would be the perfect target.
babbo3d is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 01:14   Link #3544
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
The more spotlight Tatsuya gets the more of his secrets to be reveal....
So far Erika and Mayumi as far as we can remember are the only ones who have an inkling idea of him being a Yotsuba...
His close peers and some extras now know that he is a BS Magician.. technically all they know is the regrowth and not the other half... partially aside from Mayumi again...
What the seven head is doing seems to be too illogical...
Assuming he is to expose Tatsuya's connection to the 101 and the Yotsuba, will the government on the other hand allow it?
After all there's a higher chance for his war class secret to get out because of it... and they are keeping it as a secret for ace in the hole reason...
NeutralZero is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 01:18   Link #3545
waffler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
^^^regrowth isnt half its only 1/10 of his true power xD
waffler is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 01:22   Link #3546
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in the tower currently E-level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
The more spotlight Tatsuya gets the more of his secrets to be reveal....
So far Erika and Mayumi as far as we can remember are the only ones who have an inkling idea of him being a Yotsuba...
His close peers and some extras now know that he is a BS Magician.. technically all they know is the regrowth and not the other half... partially aside from Mayumi again...
What the seven head is doing seems to be too illogical...
Assuming he is to expose Tatsuya's connection to the 101 and the Yotsuba, will the government on the other hand allow it?
After all there's a higher chance for his war class secret to get out because of it... and they are keeping it as a secret for ace in the hole reason...
Exactly this i enough to prompt the already paranoid Yotsuba and the government into action what i don't know. But is unlikely either side will be willing to hand him over.
babbo3d is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 01:56   Link #3547
sandhy88
Faithfull Reader
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
@babo3d
I understand what you mean. If Tatsuya becoming the center of attention of public, it will drag Yotsuba to surface to solve the problem. With this, Yotsuba hidden existance revealed and also get blamed.
But, there is a flaw at this hypothesis.
If, by any chance, that Tatsuya resolve this problem alone. Like destroying anti-magic like Blance. Annihilated criminal syndicate like No-Head. Drove invader and spy away from Japan. The power of Yotsuba will increase with that. It like they say "This is Our Superman". And China will tremble hidden under the blanket.
__________________
sandhy88 is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 02:00   Link #3548
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in the tower currently E-level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
@babo3d
I understand what you mean. If Tatsuya becoming the center of attention of public, it will drag Yotsuba to surface to solve the problem. With this, Yotsuba hidden existance revealed and also get blamed.
But, there is a flaw at this hypothesis.
If, by any chance, that Tatsuya resolve this problem alone. Like destroying anti-magic like Blance. Annihilated criminal syndicate like No-Head. Drove invader and spy away from Japan. The power of Yotsuba will increase with that. It like they say "This is Our Superman". And China will tremble hidden under the blanket.
true but that will come with as many assasins as they are stars in the sky. It would be negligence to leave him alive it would not take long to piece the puzzle that he is the other strategic class mage. His destructive power is to much even for the others in this class.
babbo3d is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 02:51   Link #3549
waffler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
hard to believe tatsuyas only in high school and hes the silver tauros, mahesvara, strategic class mage, the scorched halloween guy, the triple wielding cad guy, and a mega genius killing machine with almost no emotions. i think if people found out he would be more famous than kudo retsu xD
waffler is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 03:10   Link #3550
bietchie11
Devil byDay,Demon byNight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I agree. Erika is on the low end of the spectrum and the author seems to be leading her down the Leo path rather than the Tatsuya path. I would probably put Honoka at 3rd since Lina is still too fresh.

Miyuki has already won and Mayumi may have a slight chance at an arranged marriage considering Tatsuya's current state since her father and Tatsuya have very similar opinions. an arrangement could be made in exchange for helping each other. Those are probably the best that can be used unless tatsuya gets back his desire and love.
do you really think Tatsuya will accept the arranged marriage?
Like someone say:"fucker, marry this, marry that?" and Tatsuya is like:"yeah, sure."
No! of course not. He's the type who gives orders(sadist), not the type who receives orders(masochist). If he is someone obediently listen to everyone's unreasonable requests, i wouldn't read this LN.
And it's the fact he declines such suggestion from Kabuto at the end of 9-school competition.

That "arranged marriage" thing is totally invalid.

Mayumi doesn't have any better chance than anyone else(Miyuki is obviously not included in "anyone else" list).

The reason behind my hierarchy is not about how much chance do they have, but my personal reference: how much fun/pleasure they can create when they are together with Tatsuya.

You should discuss about what would they do if they do this, do that with Tatsuya. It's more fun.

P/S: any argument i wrote to defense Erika only means to remind you guys that: hey, Erkia has an equal chance as everyone else. You guys just pass her out because of her little screen-time. Just look at Chihiro from TWGOK, can you see how important screen-time is? You guys wouldn't even know when she become the most popular, so be prepare!!

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-03-09 at 14:17.
bietchie11 is online now  
Old 2013-03-09, 03:24   Link #3551
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Tatsuya takes a lot of orders laying down. I don't recall him giving any that often either.

Though in this case he wouldn't have to do anything. The Yotsuba would refuse for him, because it would interfere with his Guardian duties. They only barely tolerate his job with the military as it is. He isn't supposed to have a social life or stand out in any way by their way of thinking....
__________________
bludvein is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 03:31   Link #3552
bietchie11
Devil byDay,Demon byNight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
My opinion is the same as yours.

However, I believe another reason that prevent Tatsuya from publishing the remaining Cardinal Codes is probably the danger of them being use as military tool.

This is very serious. Cardinal Codes are the shortcut that enable magician to cast magic faster. Kichijouji Shinkurou becomes a fine combat magician because he knows one code.

Imagine if all 16 codes were reveal, what will happen.

It will be the end of peace.

Being able to cast magic faster only benefits the military, not the civilian. Since Tatsuya wants to make people see magic as something other than weapon, publishing them isn't a good idea.

Moreover, letting other know that he know all the code isn't good either. Because cardinal coded can be a powerful addition for combat magic, those who desire power may do something to him in order to get these secret codes. It will be dangerous(?) for both Tatsuya, Miyuki, and his friends. So I think keeping the fact that he knows all Cardinal Code is a best decision.


P.S. I sooo grad that there are many people who try to clearify the fact that Koichi didn't know about Tatsuya being a Yotsuba member. However, I still wonder if those who think he knew read my comment(#3483) or not. The fact that Koichi didn't know about it in the Double Seven Arc is enough to prove that he didn't know duing Mayumi SS either. I didn't read anything said that he has Alzheimer's.




Spoiler for P.S.2 To comment #3496:
Now think about it, he didn't publish his own version of cast jamming either.
bietchie11 is online now  
Old 2013-03-09, 03:36   Link #3553
bietchie11
Devil byDay,Demon byNight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Just kinda curious about something. Is Leo Tatsuya's first male friend? If so that would really explain alot about why some of his emotions may have come back because of Leo. When I go back and reread, it seems that every male in his life is either a professional or Yotsuba acquaintance, even his own father. So i'm thinking Leo probably has more significance than most of the girls besides Miyuki (and Mayumi when she becomes his waifu). and i don't mean this in a Yaoi way but as good friends and such.
Nope, Kazama has been his friend long before he meet Leo.
Or Tarus-his brother in arm and name/ his geek friend or other buddies in army like Sanada,ect or Kuroba siblings, his secondary school friends whom we don't know. It's not like just because the story starts when he goes to high school, everything in the past is insignificance or everything happens at the begin of the story more significance. It's just the next in a long line.
bietchie11 is online now  
Old 2013-03-09, 03:45   Link #3554
bietchie11
Devil byDay,Demon byNight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
The more spotlight Tatsuya gets the more of his secrets to be reveal....
So far Erika and Mayumi as far as we can remember are the only ones who have an inkling idea of him being a Yotsuba...
His close peers and some extras now know that he is a BS Magician.. technically all they know is the regrowth and not the other half... partially aside from Mayumi again...
What the seven head is doing seems to be too illogical...
Assuming he is to expose Tatsuya's connection to the 101 and the Yotsuba, will the government on the other hand allow it?
After all there's a higher chance for his war class secret to get out because of it... and they are keeping it as a secret for ace in the hole reason...
You talk a lot about almost everyone but...
What about Miyuki?
bietchie11 is online now  
Old 2013-03-09, 06:56   Link #3555
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Something the Manga has brought up that I find funny as hell is that out of all the torturous training he has gone through it is a shopping trip that was so traumatic it is creeping into his dreams and giveing him nightmares no matter how much he represses it.

Related manga translation and LN passage:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Spoiler for Translation:


Here's my rookie attempt incase there's no English translation. If there is then...well it makes for good practice. I don't follow this series but that one Miyuki expression got me curious. That's one scary expression.


Quote:
And on the day of travel he had looked on in blank amazement. He had been forced to accompany the ladies out shopping, a very attention grabbing event in the swimsuit section of a large department store; Tatsuya later relegated this memory to a distant drawer in the depths of his mind and welded it shut, hence there was no recollection of that particular event here.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 09:34   Link #3556
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
do you really think Tatsuya will accept the arranged marriage?
Like someone say:"fucker, marry this, marry that?" and Tatsuya is like:"yeah, sure."
No! of course not. He's the type who gives orders(sadist), not the type who receives orders(masochist). If he is someone obediently listen to everyone's unreasonable requests, i wouldn't read this LN.
And it's the fact he declines such suggestion from Kabuto at the end of 9-school competition.
That "arranged marriage" thing is totally invalid.

Mayumi doesn't have any better chance than anyone else(Miyuki is obviously not included in "anyone else" list).

The reason behind my hierarchy is not about how much chance do they have, but my personal reference: how much fun/pleasure they can create when they are together with Tatsuya.

You should discuss about what would they do if they do this, do that with Tatsuya. It's more fun.

P/S: any argument i wrote to defense Erika only means to remind you guys that: hey, Erkia has an equal chance as everyone else. You guys just pass her out because of her little screen-time. Just look at Chihiro from TWGOK, can you see how important screen-time is? You guys wouldn't even know when she become the most popular, so be prepare!!
Tatsuya would likely do anything so long as Miyuki's safety is assured. This is a heavily established fact and especially with the coming fight against the Yotsuba. Tatsuya is the type to take orders. He just tends to have a teasing streak to him. If someone offered him Miyuki's guaranteed safety in exchange from him marrying Mayumi then he would likely take it without a second thought.

Erika has never outside the first volume really been considered part of the harem. The author has made it quite clear that she is very likely going to end up with Leo. So no she doesn't have the same chances as the others.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 12:43   Link #3557
malason13
Forsaken
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Something the Manga has brought up that I find funny as hell is that out of all the torturous training he has gone through it is a shopping trip that was so traumatic it is creeping into his dreams and giveing him nightmares no matter how much he represses it.

Related manga translation and LN passage:
When did this happen??
__________________
<font color=Indigo><b>The fruit of a forbidden Love</b></font>



The Beloved Occult Research Club

malason13 is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 13:26   Link #3558
L-V
Ninja
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Underworld
*TODAY!!!!*


03 / 10




I'm not sure why I'm shaking while posting this.
L-V is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 13:57   Link #3559
Shorya
::>_<::
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
umm is it just me or this illustration isn't looking that good compare to previous volumes and the later one (double seven arc one) ??
Both Miyuki and Lina looks kinda plain and it feels like something's a miss.
Shorya is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 14:04   Link #3560
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorya View Post
umm is it just me or this illustration isn't looking that good compare to previous volumes and the later one (double seven arc one) ??
Both Miyuki and Lina looks kinda plain and it feels like something's a miss.
Well, there is nothing happening in the cover, all of the other covers gave the idea that something was going on, in this one they are like sun bathing in clothes, it doesn't convey anything.


What I find the most interesting is that the current arc is going to last more than one volume, I don't think that the original web arc was that long or something?... Unless they are grouping up all of the events where Lina was involved
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.