AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-09, 10:05   Link #5681
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Why...can't I ... stop... LAUGHING!??!

...ME~N
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 15:11   Link #5682
Arjento
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Konoha
Oh how Aizen has fallen...

Anyway I was just wondering how my fellow anime watchers would class the top 5 in FT at this time in the anime.

I don't read the manga, and my top five (in terms of most powerful) are:

1) Gildarts
2) Laxus
3) Natsu
4) Erza
5) Mira
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 15:57   Link #5683
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Raw power is a bit subjective and situation dependent. It does play a role, but it's not the sole arbiter of who might win in a fight (which I know, is not what you asked). But I say this because I'd put Natsu lower than Erza and Mirajane. He can power up, depending on who he fights, but those two will tend to mop the floor with him. And I'd place Makarov at least on par with Gildartz, if not a bit higher.

Of course, if you are going outside the FT guild, there are others to consider, like Jura and the other wizard saints, and Jellal.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 16:27   Link #5684
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Seriously i really missed the soundtrack for ichiya action .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 17:30   Link #5685
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
The usagi was Nichiya, best surprise ever! Want to see Kagura at least break a sweat now. Though i can't wait for DS battle. Can someone tell me what chapter the recent ep covered?
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 20:43   Link #5686
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I'm getting tired of Natsu's hypocrisy. Getting annoyed about Sabertooth hurts his guild members. Who exactly demolished Sabertooth's inn and started a fight with their guild master? Don't get me wrong I don't like their ways either but if Natsu wouldn't jump the gun each time this wouldn't have happened.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 23:17   Link #5687
ReinhartX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'm getting tired of Natsu's hypocrisy. Getting annoyed about Sabertooth hurts his guild members. Who exactly demolished Sabertooth's inn and started a fight with their guild master? Don't get me wrong I don't like their ways either but if Natsu wouldn't jump the gun each time this wouldn't have happened.
true in a way

but theres a difference between just knocking people out and torturing people who are already beyond knocked out
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 23:28   Link #5688
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
The usagi was Nichiya, best surprise ever! Want to see Kagura at least break a sweat now. Though i can't wait for DS battle. Can someone tell me what chapter the recent ep covered?
Episode 172 covered chapter 292, and most of chapter 293.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'm getting tired of Natsu's hypocrisy. Getting annoyed about Sabertooth hurts his guild members. Who exactly demolished Sabertooth's inn and started a fight with their guild master? Don't get me wrong I don't like their ways either but if Natsu wouldn't jump the gun each time this wouldn't have happened.
There's a little bit of hypocrisy there, but there is a couple big differences. First once the people Natsu hit were down, he stopped attacking them. Minerva on the other hand made it a point to torture Lucy even after she was down and had lost. Second, Natsu went looking for the guild master, he didn't go to the inn to beat up random Sabertooth members. That he injured others was likely a function of them attacking him for being an intruder and him counter attacking. Minerva on the other hand had an issue with Natsu, and deliberately went after someone else.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 01:21   Link #5689
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: There...no, not there.Yes, there!
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
Oh how Aizen has fallen...
This gonna finish off Aizen's image...

__________________
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 02:43   Link #5690
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'm getting tired of Natsu's hypocrisy. Getting annoyed about Sabertooth hurts his guild members. Who exactly demolished Sabertooth's inn and started a fight with their guild master? Don't get me wrong I don't like their ways either but if Natsu wouldn't jump the gun each time this wouldn't have happened.
I don't think Natsu crossed the line to hypocrisy. When someone goes too far he is going to get pissed and respond. He didn't just casually go to Sabertooth's in on a whim here. Sabertooth started this by treating their own guild members like garbage. And besides I don't think there would have been a raging response if Lucy had simply lost. It would have been reason to get payback for her and win this thing, but it wouldn't have turned into this.

Sabertooth went overboard with Yukino and Natsu responded, Minerva went way too far on Lucy and again comes a response. You can dislike Natsu going by his feelings, but his actions aren't inconsistent or hypocritical.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 13:01   Link #5691
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Natsu hates cruelty and disrespecting comrades. Sabertooth does both. It is a wonder he hates them?

It's not hypocricy. They've made him their enemy.

It would only be hypocricy if they got all upset about Natsu hurting their comrades because they cared about them. Since they only view them as trash who made the guild (or the master) look bad, they're just proving his point.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 05:31   Link #5692
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Natsu hates cruelty and disrespecting comrades. Sabertooth does both. It is a wonder he hates them?

It's not hypocricy. They've made him their enemy.

It would only be hypocricy if they got all upset about Natsu hurting their comrades because they cared about them. Since they only view them as trash who made the guild (or the master) look bad, they're just proving his point.
While I still think that it's hypocrisy it might be a bit too strong of a word.

He gets annoyed about people who treat others badly then he goes to beat up the guild master. It's not exactly the same since Sabertooth hurt Yukino's feelings while Natsu used straight-up violence, but in the end it comes down to hurting the other party. He might not like Sabertooth's ways but if everyone would try to bring others to his or her standards it would never end.

Maybe I'm just tired of the Moral Myopia trope as well as the Broken Aesop one.

Sabertooth made Fairy Tail their enemy but it also goes the other way.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2013-03-11 at 05:59.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 13:24   Link #5693
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
While I still think that it's hypocrisy it might be a bit too strong of a word.

He gets annoyed about people who treat others badly then he goes to beat up the guild master. It's not exactly the same since Sabertooth hurt Yukino's feelings while Natsu used straight-up violence, but in the end it comes down to hurting the other party. He might not like Sabertooth's ways but if everyone would try to bring others to his or her standards it would never end.

Maybe I'm just tired of the Moral Myopia trope as well as the Broken Aesop one.

Sabertooth made Fairy Tail their enemy but it also goes the other way.
I think it's part of his personality for sure. I can see both sides honestly. While Natsu was the one who went on barging in and hurting the other guildies of ST for how they handled things with their own members. Sabertooth retaliating (although it was more about pride than honor) is justified. I think what isn't may be their treatment of Lucy and how their goal was different. I'm not entirely sure what Natsu's goal was, maybe just force his ideology on them, but ST's was just to hurt Fairy Tail and make ST come off as the best.

Natsu should probably think things out a bit more though. He seemed calmer in the previous arc, but then no one was particularly attacking the guild.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 15:24   Link #5694
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'm getting tired of Natsu's hypocrisy. Getting annoyed about Sabertooth hurts his guild members. Who exactly demolished Sabertooth's inn and started a fight with their guild master? Don't get me wrong I don't like their ways either but if Natsu wouldn't jump the gun each time this wouldn't have happened.
I don't understand how you can call it hypocrisy, the ideology was the same. Natsu expects guild members to care for their own. This was why he attacked ST and this was why he got angry about Lucy being beaten to an inch of her life. As a fellow guild member, he supported Lucy. If anything, I'd consider the opposite to be hypocritical, not getting angry about Lucy would show that he didn't care about his fellow guildmates and would make his attack on ST look hypocritical.
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 15:56   Link #5695
AntonKutovoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vladimir, Russia
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
This gonna finish off Aizen's image...

LOL! Now, the same with Tokiomi, please
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 21:41   Link #5696
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Spoiler for ep 173:
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 21:53   Link #5697
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep173:
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:02   Link #5698
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Milliana fight was a bit amusing, heh. The mouse and kotatsu things got chuckles out of me. FT still can do decent humor from time to time. I suppose, in stretching it out, they had to have Kagura stand off to the side, since she could have ended both of them quickly. Although I was hoping for a bit more of a struggle from Lyon; he comes off looking weak here.

And the DS battle has begun, with Natsu and Gajeel owning the fight thus far. Sting and Rogue look to pump things up for round 2, though.

Wonder what Lucy said? I may have to go back and look, but I can't recall something like that in the manga.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:16   Link #5699
Jellal
Anime Critic
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
The Milliana fight was changed dramatically in the anime adaption.
In the manga, it ended in a dead tie. Kagura stating that Lyon is a worthy challenge.

But here, he basically lost. Kinda shocking!

The dragonslayer battle will be a good fight. I'm assuming the fight will last 2 more episodes up until the anime takes a hiatus the end of march?
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:24   Link #5700
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Milliana fight was a bit amusing, heh. The mouse and kotatsu things got chuckles out of me. FT still can do decent humor from time to time. I suppose, in stretching it out, they had to have Kagura stand off to the side, since she could have ended both of them quickly. Although I was hoping for a bit more of a struggle from Lyon; he comes off looking weak here.

And the DS battle has begun, with Natsu and Gajeel owning the fight thus far. Sting and Rogue look to pump things up for round 2, though.

Wonder what Lucy said? I may have to go back and look, but I can't recall something like that in the manga.
this was a "anime only" amazing moment for shipers, i'm also really curious about what she told to natsu, omg for the fight part at last was better than the offscreen fight in manga but in "romance" was really amazing, for me the level of cutness and love was out of "sight".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellal View Post
The Milliana fight was changed dramatically in the anime adaption.
In the manga, it ended in a dead tie. Kagura stating that Lyon is a worthy challenge.

But here, he basically lost. Kinda shocking!

The dragonslayer battle will be a good fight. I'm assuming the fight will last 2 more episodes up until the anime takes a hiatus the end of march?
anime end in chapter 297 then we gonna get in june the ova with chapter 298, then i believe who after 1 full season(3 months) we gonna get back in or chapter 299 or 300
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.