AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-01, 19:58   Link #101
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
i heard march 8.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 21:19   Link #102
BlackDove
Unheard
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Thanks. That's only a few days from now then.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 01:31   Link #103
poisui
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 28
Watched episode 9 and 10 last night.

There are only two episodes left. Since we are almost caught up to the manga, it will probably take a few more years before a new season comes out.
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 01:37   Link #104
ragez2010
TamingSari
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
the manga going to end soon, so an Ova soon?
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 21:53   Link #105
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
Watched episode 9 and 10 last night.

There are only two episodes left. Since we are almost caught up to the manga, it will probably take a few more years before a new season comes out.
Where did you hear only 2 eps left?
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 07:43   Link #106
ditn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
bummer only 12 episodes and the manga is ending?
there are still so many things that need to be done
takumi vs keisuke
are they ever gonna go pro
the last thing bunta will learn him
....
__________________
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 08:11   Link #107
L3Z
\O/
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
If you check amazon.co.jp, you will see 7 DVD volumes, so it's either 13 or 14 episodes. I think it's the latter.
L3Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 23:30   Link #108
poisui
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 28
My mistake!! I saw the broadcast schedule a few months ago and I jumped into the conclusion that there were going to be 12 episodes. In reality, there is no confirmation as to how many episodes there are going to be.

Episode 1-10 covered about 180 chapters. There are about 100 chapters left + any upcoming chapters. I am so pumped for the ending.
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 23:38   Link #109
Uribatake
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I really wanted this series to be at least as long as Fourth Stage, but after watching episodes 11 and 12, it's pretty clear that it's ending next month. Even some characters who have been out of the picture for a long time made a surprise reappearance. Since I haven't kept up with the manga, I checked a thread at idforums.net to see if there was still a lot of material left to cover, and it turns out Fifth Stage has been adapting the manga at such an insanely fast pace (this season covered 219 chapters so far, which amounts to about 12 and a half volumes) that by the time episode 14 airs, the anime will pretty much catch up with it.

Last edited by Uribatake; 2013-05-02 at 00:17.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 00:55   Link #110
SQA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
I really wanted this series to be at least as long as Fourth Stage, but after watching episodes 11 and 12, it's pretty clear that it's ending next month. Even some characters who have been out of the picture for a long time made a surprise reappearance. Since I haven't kept up with the manga, I checked a thread at idforums.net to see if there was still a lot of material left to cover, and it turns out Fifth Stage has been adapting the manga at such an insanely fast pace (this season covered 219 chapters so far, which amounts to about 12 and a half volumes) that by the time episode 14 airs, the anime will pretty much catch up with it.
Are Initial D chapters that "slow" or is animating a battle just capable of running through an insane amount of chapters? While 5th Stage's pacing is pretty brisk, it doesn't "feel" insanely rushed.

Then again, I guess if you've watched all of the Stages previously, especially First Stage, they could drag out the technical explanations for quite a long while.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 02:30   Link #111
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(_o)/
They're just horribly rushing through everything in an attempt to wrap it up. They really don't need to be going this fast and the result is a terribly paced and poorly done 5th stage.
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 15:40   Link #112
Uribatake
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Are Initial D chapters that "slow" or is animating a battle just capable of running through an insane amount of chapters? While 5th Stage's pacing is pretty brisk, it doesn't "feel" insanely rushed.

Then again, I guess if you've watched all of the Stages previously, especially First Stage, they could drag out the technical explanations for quite a long while.
Looking at the chapter list on Wikipedia, the most recent volumes collect 18-20 chapters each, which means they're pretty short. Still, covering an entire volume per episode on average seems awfully fast, even if they're very decompressed, with few panels and word balloons per page.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 21:10   Link #113
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
i wonder if they'll break that taboo and go with the anime only ending. so far Takumi has yet even get to the start line, much less have Keisuke finish his battle.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 21:37   Link #114
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(_o)/
Either they end it all within the next two episodes or they leave it hanging and come back and finish it off later with a movie, OVA or another season or something.
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:39   Link #115
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Either they end it all within the next two episodes or they leave it hanging and come back and finish it off later with a movie, OVA or another season or something.
given the choice for a anime only ending or ova/season 6. the OVA would be annoying but acceptable. se6 is also annoying but would be the proper choice despite the 10yr long wait for se5 to come along.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 12:06   Link #116
Uribatake
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
So episodes 13-14 have finally aired and
Spoiler for ending:
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:37   Link #117
Nvis
Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Huge disappoint with ending of 14 and you know why.

Trying to milk for more money.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 00:22   Link #118
scorpio516
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: norcal
Age: 36
I watched 11-12 (actually caught up from 7-12) and a couple things dawned on me:
  • I've been watching this anime for about 12 years
  • The whole series, so far, has taken 2 years of time: Takumi starts as a senior, graduates, starts project D, and now were approaching fall. Starting in 1995, making "now" 1996
  • Ryuji Ikeda drives a red Z33. In 95/96, the Z32 was still in full swing (even still sold in the US, 95 was the last year of the US 300ZX). Z33's weren't made till 03. Z34's came out in 09.
  • Pacing, character development, basically everything but CGI was better in 1st stage
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 20:22   Link #119
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Nontheless it's thrilling to see such a series like this.

Nothing gets me more pumped with all the awesome bgm going on.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 04:58   Link #120
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Either they end it all within the next two episodes or they leave it hanging and come back and finish it off later with a movie, OVA or another season or something.
Do we have any news on this? Do we know if there's going to be the 15th and 16th episodes or they're going to leave us hanging on a cliffhanger?
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
seinen, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.