AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 15 28.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 28.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-12, 11:43   Link #161
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Since we haven't heard any rumors about Kodaka having forced Phoenix to let the fee slide for him and his sister we can assume that it is actually being paid
He's keeping the fact he got in as a favor on the down low, remember? He thought as much in season 1 when Sena told him to keep it a secret from Yozora (about the trip to her house). You can bet that the moment it is slipped in public, the rumor mill will turn Kodaka into an even more horrible person in the eyes of the student body.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 11:57   Link #162
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Since we haven't heard any rumors about Kodaka having forced Phoenix to let the fee slide for him and his sister we can assume that it is actually being paid
Lets be open about this, their father is an archeologist (a researcher) in the USA, which is not a high paying job to begin with and having two kids not only in a exclusive school, but in japanese (everything is more expensive in japan if we make the comparision with the usA) exclusive school sounds quite expensive. Unless you are the kind that believes the words of a local politician that said that with about $390 dollars a month you can have a house, a car and your kids in a private college
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 12:54   Link #163
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Lets be open about this, their father is an archeologist (a researcher) in the USA, which is not a high paying job to begin with and having two kids not only in a exclusive school, but in japanese (everything is more expensive in japan if we make the comparision with the usA) exclusive school sounds quite expensive. Unless you are the kind that believes the words of a local politician that said that with about $390 dollars a month you can have a house, a car and your kids in a private college
Yes, which is why I assume that they aren't that unwealthy themself. The house is their property so they only pay for Gas/water and electricity which is still a lot considering that two people live in their and that Kobato spends most of her freetime(at least everytime we see her) watching TV or playing games.

I got a pretty good idea about living expenses btw
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 15:16   Link #164
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Lets be open about this, their father is an archeologist (a researcher) in the USA, which is not a high paying job to begin with and having two kids not only in a exclusive school, but in japanese (everything is more expensive in japan if we make the comparision with the usA) exclusive school sounds quite expensive. Unless you are the kind that believes the words of a local politician that said that with about $390 dollars a month you can have a house, a car and your kids in a private college
Where do you get the idea that the school is "exclusive"? As Sumeragi pointed out, they're out in the boonies. Since it's a big school, they get, what, half the local kids? Even if it's the richest half, how rich can they be, as a whole? There are outliers like Sena whose family are rich enough to have domestics, but most of them are probably just middle class.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 16:16   Link #165
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Where do you get the idea that the school is "exclusive"? As Sumeragi pointed out, they're out in the boonies. Since it's a big school, they get, what, half the local kids? Even if it's the richest half, how rich can they be, as a whole? There are outliers like Sena whose family are rich enough to have domestics, but most of them are probably just middle class.
I think you are mistaken, that is no rural school, that is a catholic school (where mostly the rich AND smart enroll) built far away from the city so the kids have no mundane influence from the secular. BTW, i am not making this up, catholic schools have been prestigious in Japan for centuries, japanese enroll because of the high academical level they can attain there.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 22:29   Link #166
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
What the heck just happened in the discussion?
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 02:33   Link #167
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Basically discussing how the Hasegawa family are able to afford going to St. Chronica's.


My opinion: Living standards itself seems pretty "cheap" given the relatively rural location (as in avoiding the big cities and suburbs). Most likely St. Chronica's gave the Hasegawa family lower-than-normal tuition fees because of the mission of the school itself. If we suppose that the father isn't poor (as in there are assets which gives enough for a stable living), then I don't see too much a problem with living expenses.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.