AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 20 54.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 29.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-12, 09:59   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Nanami ;_;

Why does the girl I like the most always lose? I know it was obvious from the start she wouldn't win, but it still hurts, especially since I firmly believe she's a better match for Sorata than Mashiro. She accepted her loss with dignity and feels no resentment toward Mashiro. As expected of Nanamin. I hope she'll be able to find happiness even if it's not with Sorata, nor in the seiyuu business.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 10:25   Link #42
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
ah ahh... didn't comment last episode because it was too painful
opening scene here, sorata practically admitted he was aware mashiro was there AND he was venting his anger/frustrations at her. sheesh( answers the arguments last episode ^^) but still very much understandable reaction at least he is self aware which is always the first step in growing..... AND yeah THE COMPANY WAS BEING A DICK!! at least fujisawa wasn't in on that, but still Chihiro sensei is correct it was his responsibility to prevent something unethical like that, dig that slap. Loved her absolute faith in her kids

isn't it so sad that mashiro didn't include herself in that painting, especially as she is the one painting... would love to see an edited one next episode...

WTF with that fake kokuhaku nanami! sigh though I fully understand why, and acceptance of reality is also a kind of growth .....

wahhh hayai yo!! man rita's reply from that text was just so insanely impossibly fast! I had to guffaw ...then she was just there behind dragon nyahaha they're so good together !!
hmmm was he actually staring at her "chest"??


well the ending part and scene was pretty much as expected, like the early part when sorata was talking across the tracks but it felt a little bit draggy when mashiro finally came across (and cliche with the train coming at the meaty part >.<), wondered if she heard the last part though when sorata confessed. anyway good episode all in all, hope it ends with a bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Suki = Likes.

The fansubs just choose to translate it as love.
well that's the dictionary translation,but in modern Japanese usage Suki pretty much equates to love in the context of girl-boy conversation, especially with the dai- prefix, and definitely in a confession. It's pretty un-hip to be saying aishiteru with young people these days

in the discussion regarding Nanami-Sorata-Mashiro interactions. Personally I never saw Sorata ever have Romantic reactions with Nanami, everything has always been as friends. this has always been the biggest stumbling block for nanami. Of course its within the realm of possibility that things can change, especially since this is a creative work, and Sorata can start seeing Nanami in a romantic light, but that would require a pretty grave event. Mashiro on the other hand have always had that little bit of something, even from the very first episode when they met under that tree. Everything was pretty much sealed during Christmas eve.
__________________

Last edited by garbage; 2013-03-12 at 10:53. Reason: replies
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 11:36   Link #43
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Nanami ;_;

Why does the girl I like the most always lose? I know it was obvious from the start she wouldn't win, but it still hurts, especially since I firmly believe she's a better match for Sorata than Mashiro. She accepted her loss with dignity and feels no resentment toward Mashiro. As expected of Nanamin. I hope she'll be able to find happiness even if it's not with Sorata, nor in the seiyuu business.
Because err Individual likability says nothing about character relationships. Nanami is a good match to any guy, hard working, great around the house, cute etc. Mashiro is was like a stray cat, and from Sorata's attitude he clearly prefers being the care taker compared to being taken care of. At least how he was described to me. Hence on the other hand, Mashiro can only match with Sorata.

Can't really say, the way it was set up though painfully obvious the outcome, it was not entirely impossible for Nanami to come out ahead.

The favourite thing about this episode had to be Mashiro though, I could feel and see her growth and maturity throughout the train scene. Also credit to her VA I felt Ai Kayano did a amazing job during that scene there was a subtle balance of deep emotion and Mashiro's speaking style which blended extremely well. Which really brought out the strength of Mashiro's character as well as Ai's skills as a seiyuu.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 12:29   Link #44
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"Nanami tsuyoi, daijoubu."
Seriously, this was Mashiro's finest hour Although "I believe in panties" was pretty fantastic too.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 12:54   Link #45
CommanderChaos
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Yeah, mashiro pretty much captured sorata's attention in the first episode with her beauty and uniqueness, then once he found out who mashiro really was, it was a story of overcoming their mindset barrier, and just learning to understand each other through their interactions, while developing a romantic relationship at the same time. Nanami however was mainly just one sided affection on sorata, with just a few hints of mutual affection, which were mainly just sorata's acts of kindness for a friend tbh. Sure sorata may have blushed a few times here and there for nanami, but were mainly out of embarrassment.

And yes, sorata did confirm he was jealous of mashiro, and had taken it out on her. But that doesn't mean that was all he felt at that time. I'm quite sure he did feel a fair amount of hopelessness for hard work and unfairness at the world which he did not mention in this episode because the situation did not call for it, as he doesn't want to just make excuses. He knew he hurt shiina, and he took responsibility for it. If you re-watched the outburst from last episode, you could tell his jealousy for mashiro wasn't the only thing he was upset about. However it is true, as he confirmed it himself that he was taking it out on shiina, which we know he didn't mean to do. To confront his own faults, I think he is certainly developing and maturing as a character, from someone who simply felt amazed at everyone who worked hard, and questioned what to do with his life, to working hard to chase his dreams, and understanding the hardships of life by overcoming them with the residence of sakurasou.
CommanderChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 15:35   Link #46
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Nanami ;_;

Why does the girl I like the most always lose? I know it was obvious from the start she wouldn't win, but it still hurts, especially since I firmly believe she's a better match for Sorata than Mashiro.

Pretty much what i wanted to say, except I'd just like to add that I'm glad the SorataxShiina romance is good enough for me to accept it. If it were rubbish then the lost potential would've been felt even more.
__________________

Last edited by Haak; 2013-03-12 at 15:56.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 15:44   Link #47
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
The episode was great, and the ending of the preview made me laugh. xD
Truly a great episode, now it's up for the next one!
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 16:19   Link #48
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Nanami ;_;

Why does the girl I like the most always lose? I know it was obvious from the start she wouldn't win, but it still hurts, especially since I firmly believe she's a better match for Sorata than Mashiro. She accepted her loss with dignity and feels no resentment toward Mashiro. As expected of Nanamin. I hope she'll be able to find happiness even if it's not with Sorata, nor in the seiyuu business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Pretty much what i wanted to say, except I'd just like to add that I'm glad the SorataxShiina romance is good enough for me to accept it. If it were rubbish then the lost potential would've been felt even more.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Need to add that Shiina is a good match for Sorata(Emotional guy and Initially Emotionless girl), most of my compassion for Nanami stems from her not being able to accomplish her dream to be a seiyuu.
The romance was decent but I would really like to see a new type of romance story.
Still wouldn't want to take care of Mashiro tho, even if she's the sweetest thing since chocolate cake.
__________________

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-03-12 at 16:34.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 18:36   Link #49
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
Episode was alright but these anime "cliches" are really killing me inside.

Not fond of how every time Sorata wants people to listen he shouts so loud, and how the person getting shouted at looks like they just got slapped reaction.

Am I the only guy that finds this annoying? =/ It's more annoying than the "stand in little drizzle of rain, bedridden with fever for day trope" to me.
Also the fact that you CLEARLY, CLEARLY see the pairing when you first watch the opening of episode one really is just, so stupid.

I haven't seen an anime since "Shuffle!" whose had an ambiguous opening since then. Anime is disappointing me for a long time now.
__________________
Get going... Badass will cover you!

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 19:02   Link #50
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
I really think you dont understand me and the anime itself. Let me make something clear here:

1. When did Sorata get the movtivation to work harder? from he met Mashiro or when Aoyama began to life in Sakurasao? '

Answer: noo, when Mashiro met Sorata. And he already knew Nanami but he was still a person who didnt know what to do with his life. he even confirmed it in this episode.

2. When did Sorata want to do smething with his life and realized he is just nothing at that moment?

Answer: Yes, when he saw that Mashiro was a genius and wanted also to be a genius. And when he saw that whole Sakurasao were geniusus. And then Nanami didnt life at Sakurasao.

Conclusion: the most important motivation came not from Nanami because she was introduced later in the dorm Sakurasao. So i think you misunderstood it here.
I think you're the one who didn't understand my posts. I said that there has not been indication of affection from Sorata to either of the girls. These examples you put forward show inspiration and motivation, but they do not show romantic affection or love. Friends inspire and motivate one another too, and that alone is not sufficient to take it to the next step. Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
For your information the hug with Nanami can not be compared with the confesion at the station. Know that at that time he also have heard that his game was rejected. So he also was fucked up inside. So he also wanted someone to feel miserable with him.

If that is the reason why you think that there were love between them then it is a stupid reason.

YOU havent confinced me yet. All the reason you gave a just rubish.

I Repeat it again: There was no love between Sorata and Namami (only onsided). And Mashiro and Sorata there was love and the actions are talking for themselfs. Go watch the anime. You have just failed to explain it.
Repeating the same assertion without evidence doesn't make your argument any more valid. The bolded section clearly shows that you misunderstood my post. Read my posts again and you will see that I have never claimed that there was love between Sorata and Nanami. What I said was that there was no affection shown towards either of the girls.

When Sorata and Shiina eventually start dating, then yes, that affection will come. And yes, I am aware of what happened between them in the latest novel. But what I'm saying is that up until the previous episode, the author had left some foundations for both girls, and the people on both sides therefore had valid reasons for their perspectives. The author ultimately chose one route of course, but the arguments on both sides were valid until that point.

And as I've said, the onus is on you to show that there was affection between Sorata and Nanami. Simply saying that their actions talk for themselves is not evidence at all.
__________________
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 19:21   Link #51
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Character Relationships between the Love Trianglets = Pretty darn good
Romance Relationships between the Love Trianglets = Pretty darn ambiguous
Did I get that right?
__________________
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 19:30   Link #52
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
^Pretty much, that's what makes a good triangle after all. That's what sells and that's what's fun to read. Although since the triangle has been solved, it's obviously not ambiguous anymore, but foundations existed for both sides.

In no way am I criticising the author's decision to pair Sorata with Shiina, nor am I criticising the way he wrote the romance. In addition, I am not denying that after this last episode, a Shiina end is guaranteed. I have also not argued about whether Nanami is a better fit for Sorata; that's a different point altogether. The whole point of my posts so far is that there were valid arguments for both girls, and there is thus no need to go around putting down the people who support the other pairing in the way that mayid did. This is why I pointed out ToraDora - even though it was a Taiga end, the people who supported Ami and Minori also had valid reasons for doing so based on the earlier interactions, and a different end was logically possible.
__________________
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 20:48   Link #53
taofd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Spoiler for Friendship.:
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 21:15   Link #54
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Nanamin...
2 great speeches from the most ordinary girl in the show.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 22:27   Link #55
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 44
I think it is likely that they would design the losing girl to be as attractive as possible to most casual viewers so they can instill false hope in them. If the girl destined to lose would not be that attractive, people would never consider the situation as love triangle, but more of love-couple with a hated girl trying to break the pairing. It is because that losing girl is so lovable, that people would hope for the girl, thus taking any sign as something to be hopeful about, and call the whole thing love triangle, even thought one of the girl would be friendzoned from beginning to the bitter end. Thus, for most viewers, girls they like more would very rarely win the guy over the destined girl. By this (il)logic , Nanami needed to be made better than Mashiro since Nanami has to lose to Mashiro.
__________________
wontaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 07:31   Link #56
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Age: 25
Nanami is the more capable wife, Sorata's a fool. I find sloppy girls to be unattractive personally, but maybe that's the reason Mashiro never clicked for me. Can't wait to see what the seniors and Rita have planned for the graduation.
__________________
They say you don't grow up
You just grow old,
It's safe to say I haven't done both.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 07:57   Link #57
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
^That might be going a bit far. Sorata probably has different preferences from most of us.
__________________
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 11:05   Link #58
bastek66
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Nanami is the more capable wife
It's like her only advantage over Mashiro. Seriously, thinking about about her only in that 'perfect wife'-matter makes her and her fans worse.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 13:50   Link #59
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Love and feelings don't matter at all. What matters is that someone can play the role of the prefect wife.
I will tell that my son when he gets older. He has to know the truth.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 17:38   Link #60
Megacrash Gr
Van!shment Th!s World!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ニューヨーク
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Great episode, Too bad Nanami couldn't tell Sorata about her feelings. Sorata on the other hand was awesome with his confession. I don't think Mashiro cared or heard about the confession, she was just happy Sorata and Nanami are not mad at her for Sakurasou being torn down. Can't wait for the next ep
__________________
Sig by Mouretsu.
Megacrash Gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.