AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-12, 22:24   Link #1741
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orange Road
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
That's not fair. Oofuri, their debut series as a studio and it's sequel were fantastic. They've also met with little complaints regarding their adaptations of Kannagi, Working!! and Space Brothers. Their faults may be remembered more but they're pretty competent overall. Then there's also the fact staff doe no necessarily reflect the studio as a whole, etc. but this isn't the main point here.
I mean if they keep butchering show like this and Aoex in the future, but yeah I got your point
__________________
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 23:01   Link #1742
hawkeyesvn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
So according to an interview between the director and everyone's favourite series composer Yoshino Hiroyuki in the same link with the summaries, their anime original development boils down to:

"We felt Alibaba was too emotionally mature so we stunted his his growth compared to the manga so that he'd be on equal footing with Hakuryu. Also we know Hakuryu is the main character of the Zagan arc in the manga but since this a two cour anime we decided to keep [the narrative] coherent by focusing on Alibaba's emotions instead." (e.g. not suddenly have a new main character in the last 8 eps)

^ NOT a direct quote, just my own TL;DR.

...SIGH.
In other words, he could have said "We feel that the manga characters behave too logical and mature for a shounen manga so we decided to dumb him down for our own taste. Oh guess what ? We also throw a way 70 chapters worth of his character developement because it's too good for the series!".

Seriously, this feel like one of M.Night Shyamalan's reply about his Airbender movie, it could be summed up like this: " Those things will make the movie too good and it will distract viewer from my story" -.-
__________________
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 23:12   Link #1743
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
In other words, he could have said "We feel that the manga characters behave too logical and mature for a shounen manga so we decided to dumb him down for our own taste. Oh guess what ? We also throw a way 70 chapters worth of his character developement because it's too good for the series!".
Honestly as much as I do not approve of that decision, they resolved it pretty early by episode 20 so it's not that bad an issue and can be overlooked but then the summary of episode 25 comes up and just... =/.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 01:20   Link #1744
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Adaptation rape confirmed
Spoiler for arghh:
WTF!? This is blasphemy! Way to go, A1.
Now, when will we get a "Magi: Brotherhood"!?
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 02:12   Link #1745
chaos_animagic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
seems I was right when I said this series was going to have an anime original ending (in my Rant Post a while back during the paper cut episode)

So... does this also mean there won't be another season of Magi?


My decision of not spending my 100% focus on the anime episodes seems to be the right choice, LOL. (haven't took anymore screenshots since the paper cut episode)


Quite interesting is that Magi's Manga have lots of developments and it's pretty popular, yet the anime... got turned into... this... (maybe they shouldn't have tried changing anything... but it's all too late now anyways unless they do some sort of "remake" - which won't take place until 2+ years later, LOL - and since Magi anime isn't that well anyways... doubt this will even happen)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 12:21   Link #1746
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Progressing slowly through the dungeon.
In the meantime Sinbad had a serious Judal problem.
Those four in the dungeon really make a good team.
So Judal is after Aladdin. He's puzzled by his appearance and powers.
Zagan's copy monster was a dangerous and weird opponent.
Morg was really impressive this time and she got to use her chains too.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 12:44   Link #1747
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
WTF!? This is blasphemy! Way to go, A1.
Now, when will we get a "Magi: Brotherhood"!?
Aaaaand dropped
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 15:49   Link #1748
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Seriously anime original ending?
Arrrggghhh...
They already cut off many of manga materials and now they can't even squish the remaining material from Zagan arc into 3 episode?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 17:54   Link #1749
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Sounds like it's time for me to start reading the manga.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 18:02   Link #1750
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sounds like it's time for me to start reading the manga.
Thankfully I've started doing that way back in mid season when the series was at it's high point.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 20:55   Link #1751
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portugal
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Aaaaand dropped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sounds like it's time for me to start reading the manga.
My thoughts exactly.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 01:16   Link #1752
Mimiru1618
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Um...okay question?

I see all this hype about how it's ending but I'm calling bull. Why? Because 1.) Aniplex hasn't come out once to say it's actually ending. All I see is hype and no actual proof from another official source other than the words of someone else. WHERE are you people getting this information?

Why WHY would they end this series is the middle of an arc that REALLY isn't all that important? I mean...really.

First off, there is no news from Aniplex, or Anime News Network, and the current END DATE for it on the official Wikipedia page for A-1 Pictures has it listed as TBA. Also, there has been no feed on the official Magi twitter, listed by Anime News Network, that even SUGGESTS it's ending. If this is all coming from a 'magazine clipping', I'd throw around the idea that this is all a giant April fools hoax. I mean, people throw Pokemon hoaxes about the new Pokemon crap ALL the time. So again, I'm calling bull.

Also the 'magazine clipping' really does look like an actually Photoshopped image, it's REALLY not that hard. You wouldn't overlap images in an official magazine, which...you can tell at the bottom, two pictures overlap. Take a picture of the actual magazine itself, then maybe I'll attempt to believe you.
Mimiru1618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 01:40   Link #1753
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimiru1618 View Post
Um...okay question?

I see all this hype about how it's ending but I'm calling bull. Why? Because 1.) Aniplex hasn't come out once to say it's actually ending. All I see is hype and no actual proof from another official source other than the words of someone else. WHERE are you people getting this information?

Why WHY would they end this series is the middle of an arc that REALLY isn't all that important? I mean...really.

First off, there is no news from Aniplex, or Anime News Network, and the current END DATE for it on the official Wikipedia page for A-1 Pictures has it listed as TBA. Also, there has been no feed on the official Magi twitter, listed by Anime News Network, that even SUGGESTS it's ending. If this is all coming from a 'magazine clipping', I'd throw around the idea that this is all a giant April fools hoax. I mean, people throw Pokemon hoaxes about the new Pokemon crap ALL the time. So again, I'm calling bull.

Also the 'magazine clipping' really does look like an actually Photoshopped image, it's REALLY not that hard. You wouldn't overlap images in an official magazine, which...you can tell at the bottom, two pictures overlap. Take a picture of the actual magazine itself, then maybe I'll attempt to believe you.
Overlapping screenshots on top of the article illustrations are nothing new to Japanese anime magazines. I know because I own a few of issues of Animage myself, which is the magazine the information is sourced from. That was for the interview anyway. The most important one is this pic, which is where the final episode summaries come from. Looks plenty legit to me but if anyone's still doubting this I could always hop down the store that sells Japanese magazines and have a look for myself, but it looks like they may not have that issue in stock yet.

Also it's guaranteed to end this season, as Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is set to take over it's timeslot next season. Whether we'll get any more after this is anyone's guess, though if they're gonna go original the chances are slim. Maybe a movie like AoEx did at best.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 01:58   Link #1754
Mimiru1618
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Overlapping screenshots on top of the article illustrations are nothing new to Japanese anime magazines. I know because I own a few of issues of Animage myself, which is the magazine the information is sourced from. That was for the interview anyway. The most important one is this pic, which is where the final episode summaries come from. Looks plenty legit to me but if anyone's still doubting this I could always hop down the store that sells Japanese magazines and have a look for myself, but it looks like they may not have that issue in stock yet.

Also it's guaranteed to end this season, as Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is set to take over it's timeslot next season. Whether we'll get any more after this is anyone's guess, though if they're gonna go original the chances are slim. Maybe a movie like AoEx did at best.
Honestly, it still sounds like bull to me. Yeah, it might be moving, but ever consider they are a.) going on a hiatus, b.) changing time slots? c.) airing on another channel? It's not uncommon and it's happened many a time before. Hiatus is more likely just so they know for a fact they don't catch up to the manga, which is happening faster than expected. The next arch is going to go EXTREMELY quickly, and it's also a major major arch in the series. I'm sure that is not something they want to mess with and screw up. They need more info before they continue, but this last episode just seems like bull. I doubt they would have Alibaba go 'black' considering that did not happen in the manga and I doubt with an anime so popular it's legit.

That's just me, we'll all have to just wait and see. All I'm saying is all of the official sites haven't stated an ending, and that's where I've gotten all of my sources for years. Until they come out with something, I don't believe it. There's not a 'dramatic conclusion to' 'series ending' or some other title that will eventually pop up. I search the web, all I get is people spouting nonsense about an ending without anything absolutely official to back it up. Most authors, producers, etc officially state that a series is ending and let all of their dubbing studios know as well, both of which will occur, or have occurred, in America, Europe, and Australia. Therefore, Aniplex hasn't even begun to say something, and they post videos up each week. I don't see why they would end in a not-so-important arc, let alone in the MIDDLE of it, with something so rushed and stupid. With an anime as popular as Magi, I think they'd know better than that.

This even happened very recently with the manga D. Gray-Man. Everyone thought it was canceled and started freaking out, and truth was it was only going on Hiatus, but because the magazine got canceled and she decided to take a break, they all automatically assumed that means it was over and done with, when it wasn't.
All I'm saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Mimiru1618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 02:05   Link #1755
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
@Mimiru1618

Sounds to me like you don't know how this works. Animes like these end their shows midway all the time, not everyone gets a 52 episodes budget.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 02:11   Link #1756
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
At the very least, the episode summaries appear to be authentic, and I honestly think it will be a lot of work to photoshop this:
http://blog-imgs-42.fc2.com/s/o/m/so...e/IMG_2420.jpg

The source is animage magazine btw.

Which reminds me, I also need to call bull* on the initial interviews that they will follow the manga faithfully after Balbaad arc.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 02:37   Link #1757
Mimiru1618
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
@Chaos2Frozen

Never said they did? Don't put words in my mouth please, I understand perfectly, so don't assume I don't. I'm not saying it's not true, before people go jumping on me. I'm just saying I'll believe it when I see it. If I see it, kudos. I'll be upset, but I follow the manga, so oh well. I'm just saying people don't need to jump to conclusions about a cancellation just because these are the last three episodes listed. No cancellation has officially be announced, publicly, by any network that runs Magi, that's all I'm pointing out. I only joined this place to see what the source was, now I have, so I'm not looking or posting on this forum anymore. Deleting my account
Mimiru1618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 02:46   Link #1758
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
It's not uncommon and it's happened many a time before.
Name names.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 02:51   Link #1759
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimiru1618 View Post
@Chaos2Frozen

Never said they did? Don't put words in my mouth please, I understand perfectly, so don't assume I don't. I'm not saying it's not true, before people go jumping on me. I'm just saying I'll believe it when I see it. If I see it, kudos. I'll be upset, but I follow the manga, so oh well. I'm just saying people don't need to jump to conclusions about a cancellation just because these are the last three episodes listed. No cancellation has officially be announced, publicly, by any network that runs Magi, that's all I'm pointing out. I only joined this place to see what the source was, now I have, so I'm not looking or posting on this forum anymore. Deleting my account
I highly doubt that- Because if you understand perfectly then you should know that this is called 'end of season' not a 'cancellation' which it seems everyone here is on the same page except you.

This reminds me of a certain individual who blamed SAO for apparently cancelling AW short because he doesn't know the difference between the two terms.

And seriously? Deleting account? That just makes you look bad.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 03:00   Link #1760
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
@Mimiru: There won't be news of cancellation because it isn't a cancellation if it's budgeted to be a 26 episodes from the get go. Still sounds like you don't know what you're saying.

If there will be a second season then we can only rejoice! But that will not be for months or even years and this is all we're getting this season. People expected an open ending, in anticipation of a second season. But anime original ending suggests they won't be continuing, OR continuing in a different direction from the source. Kind of like how Full Metal Alchemist went, that's why someone mentioned Magi:Brotherhood.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.