AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-16, 10:40   Link #1061
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Bioshock is a fps, Rising is a HnS, that's two different genre fanbase.

I highly doubt they were banking on the whole Metal Gear fan base to begin with. Some of it maybe, but not the whole army.
I know they are to completely fanbases, i'm talking about the people who like both franchises they have to choose between the 2 and since infinite has gotten more spotlight than rising more people are going to chose infinite over rising, plus rising the fact that rising looks more like devil may cry(the old one) than a metal gear game doesn't help its case
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 10:45   Link #1062
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified


__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:01   Link #1063
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
I know they are to completely fanbases, i'm talking about the people who like both franchises they have to choose between the 2 and since infinite has gotten more spotlight than rising more people are going to chose infinite over rising, plus rising the fact that rising looks more like devil may cry(the old one) than a metal gear game doesn't help its case
Quite the contrary; thanks to the new direction DmC has taken, you're looking at hundreds and thousands of disgruntled fans looking for a new outlet. Metal Gear Rising taps into the HnS fans, Platinum fans, Metal Gear fans, and even the Devil may Cry fans. They even sneakily throw in old school references to pull in Strider and Megaman fans (Though arguably in smaller doses).


And I'm curious; why Bioshock? Why not Crysis? Dead Space? Tomb Raider? Why do you think Bioshock is the one pulling people away? Heck, why not all of these other AAA titles are pulling gamers from each other?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:13   Link #1064
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Probably because Bioshock is the only game that matters to him
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:17   Link #1065
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quite the contrary; thanks to the new direction DmC has taken, you're looking at hundreds and thousands of disgruntled fans looking for a new outlet. Metal Gear Rising taps into the HnS fans, Platinum fans, Metal Gear fans, and even the Devil may Cry fans. They even sneakily throw in old school references to pull in Strider and Megaman fans (Though arguably in smaller doses).


And I'm curious; why Bioshock? Why not Crysis? Dead Space? Tomb Raider? Why do you think Bioshock is the one pulling people away? Heck, why not all of these other AAA titles are pulling gamers from each other?
I meant a lot of people I've talked who played metal gear, didn't like the fact it went to the devil may cry direction, they hated the fact that the stealth aspect was considerably lessoned to a point that its not needed

oh and the reason for bioshock was first thing that came to my mind, and I had completely forgotten about those had come out but I did remember that infinite was coming out soon and the fact they are considerably popular franchises
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:22   Link #1066
Vigo
too lazy to post
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Just for the information Rising went against Crysis 3, Dead Space 3 and Aliens (yeah it's shit but the brand sells) and still managed to sell well and will continue to sell a bit more. It also outsold DmC which basically had January for it self.

Infinite doesn't affect Rising.

This month will be Ascension. And it will go against Tomb Raider, Infinite, Judgment and the Show. If it will also sell well we can finally put the action/HnS genre is dead that the DmC fanboys like to throw around to rest.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:25   Link #1067
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Rising is a spinoff that they wanted to make, something different (aka Hack n Slash). Solid is the stealthy one, and they are making a Solid sequel.

Die-hard Solid fans can just wait for the Solid sequel.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:27   Link #1068
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
I meant a lot of people I've talked who played metal gear, didn't like the fact it went to the devil may cry direction, they hated the fact that the stealth aspect was considerably lessoned to a point that its not needed
It's a Hack and Slash game, what were they expecting? I'm not sure why that concept would be so foreign.

Anyway any intelligent, reasonable person would know that it's a spin-off not a main story, so it's stupid to be thinking it's like the others. But those people aren't a part of the target group so they can wait for Ground Zero.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
oh and the reason for bioshock was first thing that came to my mind, and I had completely forgotten about those had come out but I did remember that infinite was coming out soon and the fact they are considerably popular franchises
ALL of these games are from considerably popular franchises.... Even Alien >_> so it's more fair to say that they're tugging at each other.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 22:44   Link #1069
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Rising is a spinoff that they wanted to make, something different (aka Hack n Slash). Solid is the stealthy one, and they are making a Solid sequel.

Die-hard Solid fans can just wait for the Solid sequel.
This!
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 22:49   Link #1070
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
This!
WRONG !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 22:53   Link #1071
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Kevin - I didn't know you where such a fanboy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-4hsiZVojM
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 14:33   Link #1072
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Surprised nobody commented on Metal Gear Sunrising even though Flynn is voicing Raiden there and fans repeatedly post it in Facebook.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 17:21   Link #1073
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Now you know how I feel hehe, I laughed my ass off when I found out it was actually supported by the team and even had Flynn doing the voice.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 19:19   Link #1074
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 20:23   Link #1075
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
sounded like a mix between american psycho and MGR... If a movie were to be made I want these guys on the chair.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 23:50   Link #1076
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Check this out:

"Approval Of God: Metal Gear Sunrising, a Freddie Wong parody about Raiden trying to lead a normal life; not only was approved by Konami and Kojima, but Quinton Flynn himself voices Raiden in it. "

I found this in TV Tropes. It appears that even Kojima has watched it!
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 00:10   Link #1077
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
I guess it's safe to say that Kojima rikes it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 19:18   Link #1078
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Check this out:

"Approval Of God: Metal Gear Sunrising, a Freddie Wong parody about Raiden trying to lead a normal life; not only was approved by Konami and Kojima, but Quinton Flynn himself voices Raiden in it. "

I found this in TV Tropes. It appears that even Kojima has watched it!
Really? Kojima approved this? Wonder if they will make this canon to the MGR games in the future. It would be great.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 19:58   Link #1079
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
I found this in the Metal Gear Wikia

Quote:
In the cast gallery section for the Piggyback Guide's Collector's Edition, Raiden's design was given commenrary by Yoji Shinkawa, Etsu Tamari, and Kenji Saito. Shinkawa, when explaining his motives for creating Black Raiden, mentioned that he wanted to create a dark hero, different from his design from Metal Gear Solid 4. He also had his Rising design being one-eyed as a reminder of his humanity, and mentioned that the circumstances behind it were written later and consistent with the general storyline. Tamari also explained that the cybernetic functions (including Fuel Cell energy) was based on research led by the University of Texas, and that they had Raiden lack self-repair units to emphasize his role as a "dark hero." Saito admitted that he used Raiden's Metal Gear Solid 4 model as a starting point, and kept most of the aspects, but had to undergo an initial brief with Shinkawa and undergo the design while under supervision from Kojima Productions regarding Raiden's face to ensure he at least retained his quasi-human look from the ending of Metal Gear Solid 4. He also mentioned that the scene of Raiden losing his eye was meant to represent his change from White Raiden to Black Raiden, and also admitted that he based it on Solidus, as the latter was his favorite character and shared a special connection to Raiden.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 20:15   Link #1080
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
So... FINALLY finished Revengeance Mode S Ranking all the stages/bosses, hoping to get the "Becoming a Lightning God" trophy... and what happens? I get the "Stormbringer" trophy.... what is that? It's the renamed "Becoming a Lightning God" trophy... I had no idea they changed the name of it~

.... still think the original trophy name sounds much better...
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.