AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 19 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-16, 07:56   Link #81
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Sorry, but I got a vastly different interpretation. The way Rika asked about Kodaka's relationship with Sena seems very clear to me that Rika was commenting on Kodaka's evasive answers to romantic questions, than questions of friendship.

I'm mean if the issue really is that Kodaka doesn't want to acknowledge that they're friends and just that, then I'm even more confused about why that's an issue. What's the problem of not admitting they're friends when they already are? Maria and Kobato don't have that problem: The fact that they don't admit to being friends is actually played up as just another endearing characteristic of their tsundere-ish relationship. Now obviously Kodaka isn't tsundere-ish to anyone, but that's another problem. If it really is just about Kodaka not wanting to admit they're friends then what exactly is his reason? Why does he have that problem? It's kinda hard to feel the full weight of the situation when you can't understand why it's like that in the first place.
I think if you incorporate the idea that Kodaka does not like change, then you can see that the idea of acknowledging that they are all friends is impossible for him. My view is that he sees the club as a safe haven for him; once they acknowledge that they are friends, the club will pretty much have no reason to exist since they managed to make friends. Like I said before somewhere else, Kodaka represents the present, Sena represents the future, and Yozora represents the past, with their entire being being focused on this aspects of time. Kodaka wants a static present and Yozora wants a static past as portrayed in the show. Sena just wants her waifus with the creme de la creme being Kobato.
__________________
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 08:38   Link #82
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I think if you incorporate the idea that Kodaka does not like change, then you can see that the idea of acknowledging that they are all friends is impossible for him. My view is that he sees the club as a safe haven for him; once they acknowledge that they are friends, the club will pretty much have no reason to exist since they managed to make friends. Like I said before somewhere else, Kodaka represents the present, Sena represents the future, and Yozora represents the past, with their entire being being focused on this aspects of time. Kodaka wants a static present and Yozora wants a static past as portrayed in the show. Sena just wants her waifus with the creme de la creme being Kobato.
I'm guessing that's a light novel detail...

In any case, do they really need to be club when they've already acknowledged each other as friends? Then they'd just hang out, wouldn't they?
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 08:59   Link #83
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm guessing that's a light novel detail...

In any case, do they really need to be club when they've already acknowledged each other as friends? Then they'd just hang out, wouldn't they?
Nope logical conclusion
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 10:38   Link #84
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
So basically fan speculation then? I think a crucial detail like that would have been specifically stated somewhere in the show if it was really that important.
__________________

Last edited by Haak; 2013-03-16 at 11:07.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:12   Link #85
Lexxus
No you don't
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 25
Errr. Sena is really creepy.
__________________

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:44   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
For those asking for the omitted monologue, here it is. (Since the whole scene has already been animated, I think it should be safe to put this in here.)

Spoiler for Comparison of Episode 10 to the end of Volume Seven:
He's still a coward, he even admits it himself. Simply an even bigger one we could have ever imagined. Now, I'm not undermining the problem, that in itself is indeed a huge issue. He is letting fear dictate his actions. I know what that feels like.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 12:02   Link #87
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He's still a coward, he even admits it himself. Simply an even bigger one we could have ever imagined. Now, I'm not undermining the problem, that in itself is indeed a huge issue. He is letting fear dictate his actions. I know what that feels like.
It's cowardice rooted on insecurity. Should we be contemptuousness, or pity him?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 12:10   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
I definitely pity him.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 12:49   Link #89
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Me too....Rika is giving him hints that the girls like him but he choose to pretend not to know it. #facepalm
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 12:57   Link #90
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Spineless MC is spineless. Sena definetively has more balls than him >_<
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:35   Link #91
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Spineless is somewhat harsh. Like Kano said you can't help but pity him...

He knows that they're friends already and that all of them like him in some fashion. If he chooses one the others are more than likely going to be hurt. Will they remain friends as a result? I think he believes why take that chance when on the surface everything is going fine.

He's also not that experienced in these type of social settings as well so some of this is new to him too. He is just a teenager after all and an awkward one at that at times...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:37   Link #92
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Those who say Kodaka is spineless are the spineless ones (for a different reason). We have to remember every member of the club is extremely flawed one way or another, and we still don't know what made Kodaka the way he is right now.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:42   Link #93
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Those who say Kodaka is spineless are the spineless ones (for a different reason). We have to remember every member of the club is extremely flawed one way or another, and we still don't know what made Kodaka the way he is right now.
Actually it would be interesting to see Kodaka being really spineless and Sena, dressed in leather and a whip, having her way with him. Then Yozora, being jealous, does the same and joins in.

I said nothing. Move on.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:51   Link #94
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
... and we still don't know what made Kodaka the way he is right now.
While there is a lot we do not know about most of the females of this series, I would be very surprised if later on (that includes the light novels) there is anything new about Kodaka's past that would serve as a valid excuse for behaving so wimpy.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:59   Link #95
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
And that's where you're missing the point. Kodaka is extremely conservative when it comes to relationships, which is not explainable using the usual "dense/wimp MC" excuses. In fact, for you to not say there is anything new about Kodaka's past just shows how much you have not been paying attention.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:10   Link #96
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
What made Kodaka what he is is his looks and his lack of confidence, I don't think his mother passing away affected him that much.

To quote someone above:
Quote:
It's cowardice rooted on insecurity.
What makes it har to swallow Kodaka is his "Oops, didn't hear, so nothing happened" actittude, thats what pisses people off. Thats gonna bite his back later for sure and it is just the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It's cowardice rooted on insecurity. Should we be contemptuousness, or pity him?
Pity is at the bottom of my list if not that last.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:11   Link #97
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
In fact, for you to not say there is anything new about Kodaka's past just shows how much you have not been paying attention.
Then do elaborate, you should already now the internet rules, "link or it didn't happen".
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 17:13   Link #98
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Actually, I think that Kodaka's introversion towards the girls stem from the fact that almost all of the girls, other than Yukimura and Rika, are pretty aggressive towards him. Constantly being the ones suggesting things and then bickering over it, Kodaka simply acted the gentleman and pulled back into himself.

And that includes his little sister, who is driven by her brother complex. He is probably trying to deal with things one at a time because he had no experience in dealing with controlling and domonating girls who all want his undivided attention for themselves.

Though with regards to Kobato, it is completely wrong ethically (even when it comes to the VA, having a meek actress for an aggressive brocon?). That is why she is constantly being sidelined like Maria, making the whole thing seem like a three-way game between Yozora, Sena and Kodaka.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 17:20   Link #99
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually, I think that Kodaka's introversion towards the girls stem from the fact that almost all of the girls, other than Yukimura and Rika, are pretty aggressive towards him.
I think so far he has dealt quite well (for a teenager with no social experience) with the looney antics of his personal harem, it is with the normal antics where he falls flat on his face.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 18:46   Link #100
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spineless is somewhat harsh. Like Kano said you can't help but pity him...
I totally can.

Quote:
He knows that they're friends already and that all of them like him in some fashion. If he chooses one the others are more than likely going to be hurt. Will they remain friends as a result? I think he believes why take that chance when on the surface everything is going fine.

He's also not that experienced in these type of social settings as well so some of this is new to him too. He is just a teenager after all and an awkward one at that at times...
I wouldn't mind so much if, on that basis, he friendzoned them all. Or even if he denied they had romantic feelings for him.

But to deny to Rika that they're friends? WTH is wrong with him?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.