AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-18, 14:01   Link #1961
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Saori will save Koga in typical Saint Seiya fashion I guess.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 17:13   Link #1962
Divino
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Saori will save Koga in typical Saint Seiya fashion I guess.
Spoiler for more opinions:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 19:28   Link #1963
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A shame her motives were never explained. Why did she hate Athena so much?
I don't think she "hates" Athena, she hates the light she symbolizes, since her and Amor were demonized for having dark cosmos, as he told.
Her dream was to create a world where darkness were the norm instead of light. I remember when she first appeared, Mars' words to Medea were something like "Indeed, light shines the more beautifully when it's engulfed by darkness". I think that sums up Medea pretty well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Eden was pretty epic though, I mean he literally tried every possible way to save him (even a non-fighting method like using Aria's staff), too bad none of that worked.
Eden developed a lot over the last few episodes - and it's nice how he himself is now acknowledging how much time he lost grievieng over Aria and trying to decide what to do, which made him lose even more. I'm looking forward to see how he'll turn out in the next arc.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 00:20   Link #1964
belxebu
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That only goes but so far. She needs to have more physical power.
Physical power is NOTHING in Saint Seiya, just remember the several characters with great physical power: Casius, the guy that ended losing against Seiya in the first chapter, Geki the bronze saint that ended losing against Seiya in his first fight in the galaxian wars and Aldebaran the one called by several fans like the weakest Gold Saint, not help that he always lost in the anime, and that in the Hades arc he ends being killed by some small fry, at least the other Gold Saints lost against other gold Saints or against one judge.

Yuna already showed us that she is one of the strongest by defeating a full powered Gold Saint by hrself, somethig that no one else did:

Ryuho defeated a confused Paradox
Kouga defeated a Ionia that lost his fighting spirit
and Haruto defeated someone that wasn't even a real gold Saint

Eden and Souma didn't defeated even one gold Saint

And the Shitenhou weren't even full powered when they fighted, just look their chest, they were more like Zombies that warriors
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 02:02   Link #1965
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
Yuna already showed us that she is one of the strongest by defeating a full powered Gold Saint by hrself
Well, not exactly. Kouga was there and he had to save her.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 09:56   Link #1966
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
Physical power is NOTHING in Saint Seiya, just remember the several characters with great physical power: Casius, the guy that ended losing against Seiya in the first chapter, Geki the bronze saint that ended losing against Seiya in his first fight in the galaxian wars and Aldebaran the one called by several fans like the weakest Gold Saint, not help that he always lost in the anime, and that in the Hades arc he ends being killed by some small fry, at least the other Gold Saints lost against other gold Saints or against one judge.

Yuna already showed us that she is one of the strongest by defeating a full powered Gold Saint by hrself, somethig that no one else did:

Ryuho defeated a confused Paradox
Kouga defeated a Ionia that lost his fighting spirit
and Haruto defeated someone that wasn't even a real gold Saint

Eden and Souma didn't defeated even one gold Saint

And the Shitenhou weren't even full powered when they fighted, just look their chest, they were more like Zombies that warriors
Eden defeated Virgo. Does leaving your opponent alive not considered defeating now.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 10:08   Link #1967
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
... and Aldebaran the one called by several fans like the weakest Gold Saint, not help that he always lost in the anime, and that in the Hades arc he ends being killed by some small fry, at least the other Gold Saints lost against other gold Saints or against one judge.
And for the tenth time: Deep Niobe is not a small fry. He has the capacity to kill any Gold Saint who have no counter technique against his Deep Fragrance, which is a smell. Aries Mu survived because he has Crystal Wall and Pisces Albafica survived because of the smell of his poisonous roses that counter Deep Fragrance.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 12:36   Link #1968
Divino
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Well, not exactly. Kouga was there and he had to save her.
Spoiler for yep. more of my opinions. feel free to ignore:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 13:59   Link #1969
Parry999
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And for the tenth time: Deep Niobe is not a small fry. He has the capacity to kill any Gold Saint who have no counter technique against his Deep Fragrance, which is a smell. Aries Mu survived because he has Crystal Wall and Pisces Albafica survived because of the smell of his poisonous roses that counter Deep Fragrance.
But lost canvas is not canon and the speed feats in that series were way less then the canon series. And it took three judges of hades to corner Kanon in canon the original specters were really weak. Now next demsion three judges which is the canon prequel are just over powered
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 14:14   Link #1970
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
But lost canvas is not canon and the speed feats in that series were way less then the canon series.
Even though Lost Canvas is not considered canon by Kurumada, Teshirogi still made Deep Niobe’s attacks consistent with the canon story. That’s all that matters regarding my point about Deep Niobe.

As for canon story, I already gave you an example that Mu survived Deep Fragrance only due to his Crystal Wall, and even that wouldn’t work if he wasn’t being cautious after he saw that Aldebaran was dead.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 17:05   Link #1971
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Eden defeated Virgo. Does leaving your opponent alive not considered defeating now.
Virgo chose not to go all out with him iirc. That's not a "defeat" in the common usage of the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Spoiler for yep. more of my opinions. feel free to ignore:
Truly doubt that Yuna is stronger than Souma or Ryuho. Haruto could prob kick her butt too. Abzu took out the guys before dealing with Yuna. Souma got most hits out of all of them followed by Ryuho. Most people take out the strongest fighters first and then deal with the weakest last.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 17:30   Link #1972
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Virgo chose not to go all out with him iirc. That's not a "defeat" in the common usage of the word.
Yeah, regarding Eden vs Fudou, i saw it as Eden breaking out of Fudou's technique and they stopped right there.
As we see now, Fudou was in condition to keep fighting (unlike Paradox, apparently).
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 18:39   Link #1973
Parry999
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Paradox was pretty disappointing for the saint that destroys galaxies. I wish they would show more of her abilities in season 2.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 21:45   Link #1974
Divino
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Virgo chose not to go all out with him iirc. That's not a "defeat" in the common usage of the word.



Truly doubt that Yuna is stronger than Souma or Ryuho. Haruto could prob kick her butt too. Abzu took out the guys before dealing with Yuna. Souma got most hits out of all of them followed by Ryuho. Most people take out the strongest fighters first and then deal with the weakest last.
Spoiler for you guessed it. More opinions:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 22:09   Link #1975
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
I am saying she is stronger than them, because back on the saint fight episode, she was putting up a pretty good fight against Ryuho, and Ryuho was the second strongest Saint in Palestria. Meaning he was stronger than Souma and Haruto, and we have Yuna who was able to go very evenly against him. There is also that part in episode 27 when they were fighting Mars where she took 2 direct hits from Mars, while the others were knocked out on the first hit.
On the other hand, after Souma trained with Jabu he immediately trashed a Silver Saint that Kouga and Yuna couldn't even scratch. Souma was also the only one able to fight on par with Sonia many times, while Yuna clearly couldn't when she tried. See, it's very easy to come up with examples to prove anything, since power levels in SS are often inconsistant.

I think we're supposed to take Souma, Haruto, Yuna and Ryuhou as more or less even Saints at this point.

Last edited by Goty; 2013-03-19 at 22:24.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 22:40   Link #1976
belxebu
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
To end the discussion (that I started), lets just say that Yuna, Haruto, Ryuho and Souma have the same power level, with Eden and Kouga being only a little stronger that them
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 23:04   Link #1977
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And for the tenth time: Deep Niobe is not a small fry. He has the capacity to kill any Gold Saint who have no counter technique against his Deep Fragrance, which is a smell. Aries Mu survived because he has Crystal Wall and Pisces Albafica survived because of the smell of his poisonous roses that counter Deep Fragrance.
This.

Niobe not only killed Aldebaran he also ripped apart Taurus gold cloth to pieces as if was made glass. This changed in the anime of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
But lost canvas is not canon and the speed feats in that series were way less then the canon series. And it took three judges of hades to corner Kanon in canon the original specters were really weak. Now next demsion three judges which is the canon prequel are just over powered
Radamanthis' Great Caution almost killed Kanon, he(Kanon himself) even said that the reason he didn't die was because a pillar saved him from falling down to hell.


Regarding power levels when they're not burning cosmo like Hummers it goes like this IMO:

Eden > Koga > Haruto(resourceful) > Ryuho ≥ Souma ≥ Yuna
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 00:23   Link #1978
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Spoiler for you guessed it. More opinions:
Well that fight never ended (Yuna vs Ryuho). And.. the person who punched Mars was Koga, not Yuna, during the Mars battle.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 01:08   Link #1979
Parry999
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
This.




Radamanthis' Great Caution almost killed Kanon, he(Kanon himself) even said that the reason he didn't die was because a pillar saved him from falling down to hell.

Radamanthys Was by far my favorite specter and even killed like half the cast. Comparing him to the rest of the original judges isn't even fair it took an unleashed galaxy explosion to kill him.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 01:37   Link #1980
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well that fight never ended (Yuna vs Ryuho). And.. the person who punched Mars was Koga, not Yuna, during the Mars battle.

But Yuna withstood two attacks from Mars while all the others (expect Kouga) were blown aways with just one attack. Clearly whoever was in charge of that episode wanted to portray Yuna as the second strongest of the group (after Kouga). Although, as someone said before, power levels are pretty inconsistent in this series.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.