AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-22, 04:42   Link #1081
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
So the plan is finally revealed.
Hakaze & Yoshino's emotions were clouding their judgement.
I get it, any girl would be angry on an indecisive guy.
Yoshino needs to get over Aika or things are gonna get even more complicated.
Well, at least some of them were enjoying the tropical paradise ^^
And so the fighting begins...
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 05:37   Link #1082
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
You gotta give it up for Okada - she gets Kaji Yuuki in drag in every series, whether the plot calls for it or not...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 06:20   Link #1083
Konja7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I think it is not just a little, but a lot. I was like "Who is this? This is not Yoshino." When he is renting in the pool scene. And to think Yoshino's first meeting with Aika was cut to fit this in.... UGHHHH!
In the pool scene, I thought Yoshino was acting in character until he started talking about the encounters with others (I found that weird).

Actually, Yoshino and Mahiro want to participate in the battle against all logic is OOC. They usually follow the logic and the logic implies that they were not needed.

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-03-22 at 06:32.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 09:47   Link #1084
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I think it is not just a little, but a lot. I was like "Who is this? This is not Yoshino." When he is renting in the pool scene. And to think Yoshino's first meeting with Aika was cut to fit this in.... UGHHHH!
I still can't believe that they decided to not animate their first meeting. Yoshino was the only person to make Aika continuously blush like a your typical highschool girl in front of her crush.
She was so freaking adorable that it makes me really mad to know I won't see it in the anime.

I agree with Konja, in fact it seemed to me that the anime was trying too hard to convince us that Mahiro and Yoshino have to be in the fight despite that in the manga they stayed in the city.
They created more drama than necessary, but I hope they don't rush Hanemura vs Tree of Genesis
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 11:28   Link #1085
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 窮極の彼方
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
They created more drama than necessary, but I hope they don't rush Hanemura vs Tree of Genesis
I am already haveing a bad feeling on this. In the preview, Mahiro is already stealing Hanemura's line for some reason.....
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 15:37   Link #1086
j4c06
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I still can't believe that they decided to not animate their first meeting.
Do you mean what was shown in one of the previous episodes (where she thought 'Yoshino' was his last name) wasn't their first meeting?
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 22:11   Link #1087
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
Do you mean what was shown in one of the previous episodes (where she thought 'Yoshino' was his last name) wasn't their first meeting?
It wasn't. That was all Okada original to introduce that idea that Aika did whatever she wanted without thinking about others.

That filler flashback was then used to springboard Okada's idea that Yoshino and Mahiro wanted to participate in a warzone because they somehow felt useless as if Aika didn't care about their feelings when she killed herself.



Of course, that sort of contradicts the canon, because Aika did give up her life for them. The fact she was told of a future where they turned out alive and fine is the reason why she thought it was worth giving up her life.

But of course she is wrong now because Okada felt like getting Yoshino shot just to create drama, as if any drama is good for the story.

It also makes no sense how Mahiro would want a bigger role in the plan when he is the mastermind behind the plan itself. I'm supposed to believe Mahiro feels unimportant when he's one of the central figures behind the operation?


Come on, Okada.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 22:48   Link #1088
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It wasn't. That was all Okada original to introduce that idea that Aika did whatever she wanted without thinking about others.

That filler flashback was then used to springboard Okada's idea that Yoshino and Mahiro wanted to participate in a warzone because they somehow felt useless as if Aika didn't care about their feelings when she killed herself.



Of course, that sort of contradicts the canon, because Aika did give up her life for them. The fact she was told of a future where they turned out alive and fine is the reason why she thought it was worth giving up her life.

But of course she is wrong now because Okada felt like getting Yoshino shot just to create drama, as if any drama is good for the story.

It also makes no sense how Mahiro would want a bigger role in the plan when he is the mastermind behind the plan itself. I'm supposed to believe Mahiro feels unimportant when he's one of the central figures behind the operation?


Come on, Okada.
I'm not interested into the debate.
However, your statement reaffirm that Aika is a irrational psycho who wants to be in Ophelia's shoes. It's why the princess of logic wants to stop Aika. Also, the new mage of Zetsuen wants to punch Mahiro and Yoshino. They try to act cool about Aika's deed. If Aika is willing, such as not killing her parents and herself, there will be happy ending. Her act leads to Samon's genocide act. To awake the tree of Zetsuen, Samon causes the death of most world population. If Aika is alive, she can stop him. She can prevent the tree from turning people into metals. Her act indirectly kill Yoshinoya's parents. It's not happy ending as her belief. Because of the chaos since Aika's deed, the tree of beginning steps in as a Savior(in the sense of Fist of North Steps). Samon's genocide leaves the world in disorder. The violent people start acting as motorcycle riding punks from Fist of North Stars. The tree erases them as Death Note. So, the world's survivor can live in peace. So, Aika should apologize as Hakaze's appreciation. Hakaze thanks Yoshinoya by exposing herself to Yoshinoya. To make things fair, Aika should also strips herself to the butt naked level. She should try to squeeze her chest with arms while listening to Yoshinoya's comment, "small oppai is not a oppai".
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 04:11   Link #1089
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
Do you mean what was shown in one of the previous episodes (where she thought 'Yoshino' was his last name) wasn't their first meeting?
No, it wasn't their first meeting. But it wasn't an anime original scene because in the manga that happened, it was the first meeting of Mahiro and Aika (his comment about her arm was in the manga).
Yoshino encounters Aika when she arrives at their town, he approached her because previously Mahiro talked about his new sister and showed Yoshino Aika' photo.
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 07:28   Link #1090
Konja7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It wasn't. That was all Okada original to introduce that idea that Aika did whatever she wanted without thinking about others.

That filler flashback was then used to springboard Okada's idea that Yoshino and Mahiro wanted to participate in a warzone because they somehow felt useless as if Aika didn't care about their feelings when she killed herself.



Of course, that sort of contradicts the canon, because Aika did give up her life for them. The fact she was told of a future where they turned out alive and fine is the reason why she thought it was worth giving up her life.

But of course she is wrong now because Okada felt like getting Yoshino shot just to create drama, as if any drama is good for the story.

It also makes no sense how Mahiro would want a bigger role in the plan when he is the mastermind behind the plan itself. I'm supposed to believe Mahiro feels unimportant when he's one of the central figures behind the operation?


Come on, Okada.
Actually, I do not seem strange Yoshino's thoughts about suicide of Aika (although her decision was logical, he and Mahiro must be sad and angry). I find it strange when he starts talking about the encounter with other people and that they are important to him.

I totally agree about the strange behavior of Mahiro.

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-03-23 at 10:42.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 08:15   Link #1091
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
It's interesting to find out now that apparently Mahiro and Yoshino didn't take part in the actual operation in the manga, because when I was watching the ep it just seemed so odd and tacked on the way they did that in the anime. It didn't make sense for them to go on the mission.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 10:57   Link #1092
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
I'll be honest and go against the prevailing opinion. I don't care if Mahiro and Yoshino didn't take part in the final attack in the manga. I don't care if it's logical that Mahiro and Yoshino shouldn't take part in the final attack. I would have felt emotionally let down if they weren't a part of the attack force. They have been my central focus since the beginning. If they weren't in the center of the attack, the attack would feel empty at its core to me. I gasped when Yoshino was shot and spent the next half-hour wondering how he would survive such a bad wound when there's no healing magic left after the tree's destruction. Without the anime alterations, I doubt I would have had those visceral reactions.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 11:59   Link #1093
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Why do these shows' threads always end up just being complaints by manga/light novel readers? I've said it for years, and I'll keep saying it. Separate threads for shows with pre-existing material would make things so much nicer.

The AV Club did this for Game of Thrones, and it was fantastic. Those who couldn't separate the novel from the tv series got to stew in their misery all separate from those who got to actually talk about the tv series.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 12:06   Link #1094
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
The point wasn't that it was different. The point was that this original material being written all to build up Yoshino getting shot is forced drama that puts both boys out of character.

Mahiro managed out fool the navy perfectly with his plan and get Hanemura to the Tree of Genesis, yet he couldn't be bothered to check his own hostages for weapons? If Yoshino has to get shot because of poor writing just for the sake of drama, I'd rather he didn't do anything at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 17:38   Link #1095
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 窮極の彼方
Personally, I am more bothered by the pool scene rather than Yoshino getting shot.

I find Yoshino to be overtly OOC there that I was literally dumbfounded by that scene.
I am actually fine with those two being there, but please give us a reason that is consistent to their character.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 22:21   Link #1096
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
I didn't really like the scene where Yoshino was shot either. Felt like plot induced stupidity + I immediately thought that I liked it better when the Tentacle Tree of Genesis did it in episode 12.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 01:08   Link #1097
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Several people complained about the source material. After hearing so many complaints, I'm not bothered by the new twist in anime. Throughout the story, the characters mentioned about the happy ending several times. Yoshino's fatal wound would lead to another direction. So, you can think it as a good surprise. It's somewhat ironic. It is as Yoshino is awkward around girls, but he receives a bag of chocolate from girls. Also, it happens a day after Hakaze's in-your-face love confession. It resembles Yoshino's death flag. However, I doubt it is the end of Yoshino.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 05:13   Link #1098
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It wasn't. That was all Okada original to introduce that idea that Aika did whatever she wanted without thinking about others.

That filler flashback was then used to springboard Okada's idea that Yoshino and Mahiro wanted to participate in a warzone because they somehow felt useless as if Aika didn't care about their feelings when she killed herself.

Of course, that sort of contradicts the canon, because Aika did give up her life for them. The fact she was told of a future where they turned out alive and fine is the reason why she thought it was worth giving up her life.
Hakaze very specifically said to Yoshino that Aika died for their sakes. Yoshino is aware that Aika did it her their sakes but that won't stop him feeling powerless.

Quote:
It also makes no sense how Mahiro would want a bigger role in the plan when he is the mastermind behind the plan itself. I'm supposed to believe Mahiro feels unimportant when he's one of the central figures behind the operation?

Come on, Okada.
I think it would feel extremely OOC for Mahiro not to want to be in the thick of it. He doesn't seem like the type of character that would be satisfied just being the thinking guy.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 10:32   Link #1099
Konja7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Hakaze very specifically said to Yoshino that Aika died for their sakes. Yoshino is aware that Aika did it her their sakes but that won't stop him feeling powerless.

I think it would feel extremely OOC for Mahiro not to want to be in the thick of it. He doesn't seem like the type of character that would be satisfied just being the thinking guy.
I agree about the powerlessness that Yoshino should feel (although I find it strange when he starts talking about the encounters with other people), but I disagree about Mahiro.

Mahiro can be very intense several times, but he usually follows the logic. If logic implies that he would not be necessary and can be a nuisance, he will abide by that logic (something similar applies in the case of Yoshino).
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 10:38   Link #1100
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
Mahiro can be very intense several times, but he usually follows the logic. If logic implies that he would not be necessary, he will abide by that logic (something similar applies in the case of Yoshino).
I agree. If Mahiro thinks it makes more sense for someone other than him to go, then he would be okay with that.

Yoshino, it's hard to say. He could well feel powerless, but on the other hand, what he wants is for the story not to turn out to be a tragedy, given that Aika gave her life for it. So if he thought that the mission would be more likely to succeed with someone else on it, I'm not sure he would prefer to go himself. Also, there would be a risk that if anything happened to him, Hakaze could be distracted and flub the mission.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bones, gangan, magic, mystery, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.