AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-20, 00:11   Link #1801
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
LOL Like fetching your slippers and making some tea for you.

The only way you'll get Kougyoku to do anything for you is that you have to first wear a leaf and only a leaf where it would intrigue her the most.

I'm not sure about the manga, and maybe I'm better off being ignorant (ignorance is bliss, afterall), but I'm enjoying the anime as is. Sometimes, I'm a little concerned about clicking on this thread, since the complaints do dampen the enjoyment quite a bit.
God knows those slippers aren't going to fetch themselves .

Though I was wondering about that scene. I really have no idea what goes on in Sinbad's head at times. Not even really kidding on that one, just not sure what he thinks about this girl.

Either way I felt bad for Kougyoku in this one. Heavily conflicted in some respects. It wasn't off the mark to say that she did wish to be more of a warrior not someone to marry off politically. Yet at the same time pretty clear how she's fallen for Sinbad so doesn't want to join in a war at any point that would mean fighting against him. Probably was also worried that he'd end up hating her, because of what Judal said. Did find that whole scene to be an interesting part of the episode.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 10:43   Link #1802
alluka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I dunno if the mangaka approved this little detail, but with a small-ish island kingdom like Sindria it makes sense that every available hand must wield a spear, since they are repelling an invasion by sea they can win against an army several times more numerous since not all of them can disembark at once and they have the terrain as an advantage. I would have given them bows or crossbows but they have a higher price tag and need a little more training than "fill da modarfucka with holes!"
True, they seem more like some maids that were just handled spears than actual soldiers.
I wish they showed those two instead:
Spoiler for Manga page, not really a spoiler:

This is from ch.86, where Sinbad shows Hakuryuu around in Sindria, and I may be wrong, but I remember this girl being mentioned in an extra as "a soldier directly under the command of the 8 generals" and there is also Aziza, who is Ja'far's assistant. Hope they make a little appearance at the end.

Wonder if Kougyoku will take part in this war.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic197752_2.gif
alluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 10:56   Link #1803
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by alluka View Post
True, they seem more like some maids that were just handled spears than actual soldiers.
I wish they showed those two instead:
Spoiler for Manga page, not really a spoiler:

This is from ch.86, where Sinbad shows Hakuryuu around in Sindria, and I may be wrong, but I remember this girl being mentioned in an extra as "a soldier directly under the command of the 8 generals" and there is also Aziza, who is Ja'far's assistant. Hope they make a little appearance at the end.

Wonder if Kougyoku will take part in this war.
Those two in that panel appear to be guests judging by what Sinbad said, so they aren't part of Sindria. Oh wait the dark skinned girl looks to be wearing Sindria uniform so maybe she is...

As for Kougyoku, her full djinn equip form was shown in a magazine scan somewhere, so I'm quite certain they'll have her join the war since I highly doubt they'll be doing the chapter she actually uses it. It also fits how the anime seems to be trying to make things as 'epic' as possible by having the war happen along with whatever stupid thing they've got planned for Alibaba's character.

I hope they consulted Ohtaka about the generals cause it'd pretty neat to see Drakon, Spartos, Hinahoho and Pisti in combat ahead of the manga like what they did with Hakurei's djinn equip.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2013-03-20 at 12:32. Reason: Opps, I meant Hakurei
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 15:21   Link #1804
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: I'm lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I dunno if the mangaka approved this little detail, but with a small-ish island kingdom like Sindria it makes sense that every available hand must wield a spear, since they are repelling an invasion by sea they can win against an army several times more numerous since not all of them can disembark at once and they have the terrain as an advantage. I would have given them bows or crossbows but they have a higher price tag and need a little more training than "fill da modarfucka with holes!"
I guess it depends on how big or powerful the enemy army is
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 15:49   Link #1805
alluka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
@Kakkou: Really? Staying in Sindria -Kou's current ennemy- is a thing, but directly facing Al Sarmen kills any chance of her returning to Kou. It would be suicidal if she did that knowing the consequences
Only 2 episodes left and too much characters joining this war, everyone will need his moment of glory, plus alibaba's group' fight must not be overshadowed, how all this will be balanced is unknown. Let's hope the staff put the best they got.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic197752_2.gif
alluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 19:39   Link #1806
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by alluka View Post
@Kakkou: Really? Staying in Sindria -Kou's current ennemy- is a thing, but directly facing Al Sarmen kills any chance of her returning to Kou. It would be suicidal if she did that knowing the consequences
Only 2 episodes left and too much characters joining this war, everyone will need his moment of glory, plus alibaba's group' fight must not be overshadowed, how all this will be balanced is unknown. Let's hope the staff put the best they got.
As Sinbad said, Sindria and Kou are technically on a peace treaty, so they aren't enemies right now. Al-Thamen are the one doing the attacking so it doesn't really count as going against Kou even though it's members have high positions in there.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 21:40   Link #1807
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
As annoying as an original ending is at least it is not as bad as the Blue Exorcist ending, Ill give them that.

Well so far that is!
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:24   Link #1808
alluka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
As Sinbad said, Sindria and Kou are technically on a peace treaty, so they aren't enemies right now. Al-Thamen are the one doing the attacking so it doesn't really count as going against Kou even though it's members have high positions in there.
Ok, thanks for explaining
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic197752_2.gif
alluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 01:12   Link #1809
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
I just noticed something. Judal, a magi, had parents. That means he was born into the world from humans. Aladdin, as far as we know, does not seem like he had parents. It is as if he was born from magic.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 02:23   Link #1810
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Aladdin, as far as we know, does not seem like he had parents. It is as if he was born from magic.
It's a bit of a spoiler, but suffice to say that this assumption is wrong. However, the reveal and details come AFTER Zagan. It segues a bit into Hakuryuu's mommy issues as well.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 04:08   Link #1811
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
I thought Aladdin was just in that dungeon for a LONG time.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 04:39   Link #1812
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Yeah, it's too early to make any sort of guesses about Aladdin's origins seeing how they only thing to go by right now is that he's been in Ugo's place for an X amount of time.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 05:30   Link #1813
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Still good music and all, but it's just too sad they are going for something different than manga.

Unless it's their way to fillers arc at some point.

Anyway, welcome our new dark king:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 06:35   Link #1814
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Still good music and all, but it's just too sad they are going for something different than manga.

Unless it's their way to fillers arc at some point.

Anyway, welcome our new dark king:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Depending on how they handle the finale, they can actually get the story back on track with the manga (albeit with several differences). They just have to not Claymore it.

Spoiler for episode 24, some manga comparison.:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 06:59   Link #1815
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Spoiler:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 07:02   Link #1816
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep24:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 07:02   Link #1817
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler:
True that it just isn't right
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 11:24   Link #1818
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Anyway, welcome our new dark king:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dark Precure Alibaba?
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 11:30   Link #1819
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
If you're gonna make him do something out of character, at least let him look cool doing it, geez.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 15:11   Link #1820
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Anyway, welcome our new dark king:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
What? What? Wha...what?
What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What?

WHAT IS THIS!?
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.