AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-18, 19:27   Link #1301
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: I'm lost
Aladdin and Alibaba reunion was priceless! we just need Morg now!
Lolimagi was cute this chapter is good to know about her too
I wonder what is going to happen next and is Kou even going to appear?
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 01:34   Link #1302
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What eyes?
The eyes that let Judal see the quantity of magoi a person has as well as any metal vessels in possession, shown in Balbadd arc, though the eyes may not be a necessary ability for a magi. Outside of identifying metal vessels, they seem to be useful in selecting king candidates who posses enough magoi to use a Djinn, but then again Scheherazade made Mu a king candidate.
__________________
Awrya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 03:04   Link #1303
hawkeyesvn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Kou Empire can't attack Reim because of a simple reason: They need to obtain Magno first because the Mage's country are on the shortest path to Reim ( As you can see in this chapter that Reim and Magno are very close to each other .Their position seems similar to France and England ).

Scher was cute in this chapter, almost make me forget her "I really hate you" face . It's confirmed that only Yunan actually know about what happened in the past. Still, this doesn't explain why he want to have multiple King candidates.

Magno lost 250 mages, that's about 1/4 of their total magic forces. I think it's safe to say that Mogamett is about to kill all the lv5 citizens to power up his "secrect weapon" if something like this happen again.
__________________
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 05:29   Link #1304
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Now all we need is Morgiana to come and make the trio complete
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 08:37   Link #1305
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Seeing how everyone has mentioned that the current lolimagi is a clone of the granny magi I think it would be safe to say that her powers as a magi are not that strong given that she is unable to use the metal vessel eyes but is able to use her Clairvoyance magoi.
I don't think what separates Scheclone away from other magi is 'power.'

The vision of a 'magi' clearly does not require any significant effort to use on Judal's end, and despite Sche's mastery of high-level magic beyond Moga's level, she was unable to do so.

A real magi possesses unique 'gifts' that allow them to do things that other magicians cannot do, no matter how powerful they are. It's probably those factors that differentiate lolimagiclone and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Still I wonder how she was able to get to the battle field so quickly?
We're assuming the Schezerade in the battlefield... is physically the same Schezerade back at Reim.

What's stopping her from having sleeper clones everywhere, being anywhere when needed?

In this case, she could've always been secretly transported in the Reim ship.

Or another easy possibility, is that she simply has a high-level of magic that allows her to be there.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 09:32   Link #1306
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
We're assuming the Schezerade in the battlefield... is physically the same Schezerade back at Reim.

What's stopping her from having sleeper clones everywhere, being anywhere when needed?

In this case, she could've always been secretly transported in the Reim ship.

Or another easy possibility, is that she simply has a high-level of magic that allows her to be there.
I assume it's something similar to Yamu's barrier/teleportation magic circle.
Not only did Scheherazade observe the battle and trash talk communicate with Mogamett using the magic circle, it may even have the properties of teleportation. She's probably the only one in Reim that has enough magoi/knowledge to use it, otherwise they'd have utilised it (imagine Reim army teleporting to the battlefield).
__________________
Awrya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 18:56   Link #1307
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I don't think what separates Scheclone away from other magi is 'power.'

The vision of a 'magi' clearly does not require any significant effort to use on Judal's end, and despite Sche's mastery of high-level magic beyond Moga's level, she was unable to do so.

A real magi possesses unique 'gifts' that allow them to do things that other magicians cannot do, no matter how powerful they are. It's probably those factors that differentiate lolimagiclone and others.



We're assuming the Schezerade in the battlefield... is physically the same Schezerade back at Reim.

What's stopping her from having sleeper clones everywhere, being anywhere when needed?

In this case, she could've always been secretly transported in the Reim ship.

Or another easy possibility, is that she simply has a high-level of magic that allows her to be there.
Soooo what your saying is despite she being a magi her clone body is unable to use magi abilities like "magi vision" or the use of rukh or her high level magic. Given that her clone body could have low amount of magoi to use high level magic but enough to use Clairvoyance and other magics that don't use alot of magoi?

I can get behide the sleeper clones and teleportation that Awrya mentioned in how she got there so fast. Another way of seeing it could be she made a clone on the battle field and just transported her consciousness into that one while her other one is at Reim. Seeing how she is now close to Titus would she try and absorbed him as unless Aladdin talks to her about how Titus is his friend and doesn't want him to die I don't see why she wouldn't.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 20:16   Link #1308
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Soooo what your saying is despite she being a magi her clone body is unable to use magi abilities like "magi vision" or the use of rukh or her high level magic. Given that her clone body could have low amount of magoi to use high level magic but enough to use Clairvoyance and other magics that don't use alot of magoi?
I'm saying even if the original magi body grants her clone body so much magoi that she could easily do what Aladdin did against the Reim army, the clone would still not have those unique 'magi-only' abilities.

From a RPG character class perspective, 'Magi Vision' is probably ability that only utilises 1MP, but it cannot be used by anyone other than the special 'Magi' class, no matter how powerful other magicians may be.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 21:28   Link #1309
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Soooo what your saying is despite she being a magi her clone body is unable to use magi abilities like "magi vision" or the use of rukh or her high level magic. Given that her clone body could have low amount of magoi to use high level magic but enough to use Clairvoyance and other magics that don't use alot of magoi?
I'm pretty sure Scheherezade can use the Rukh, otherwise it would be impossible to create life (Titus) unless she was using Black Rukh, which she obviously doesn't. Remember that only the magi can command the white Rukh to create life so she does have that ability to command the Rukh even in her cloned body.

I think we have to make a distinction between the soul (consciousness ) of a magi and their body. I'm betting manipulating the Rukh is a ability of the soul (after all the Rukh is made from souls, in a way) wheres the "magi vision" is an ability of the body. That would explain why, among the abilities that only the magi posses, Scheherezade can do some of them but not others.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 12:11   Link #1310
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm saying even if the original magi body grants her clone body so much magoi that she could easily do what Aladdin did against the Reim army, the clone would still not have those unique 'magi-only' abilities.

From a RPG character class perspective, 'Magi Vision' is probably ability that only utilises 1MP, but it cannot be used by anyone other than the special 'Magi' class, no matter how powerful other magicians may be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm pretty sure Scheherezade can use the Rukh, otherwise it would be impossible to create life (Titus) unless she was using Black Rukh, which she obviously doesn't. Remember that only the magi can command the white Rukh to create life so she does have that ability to command the Rukh even in her cloned body.

I think we have to make a distinction between the soul (consciousness ) of a magi and their body. I'm betting manipulating the Rukh is a ability of the soul (after all the Rukh is made from souls, in a way) wheres the "magi vision" is an ability of the body. That would explain why, among the abilities that only the magi posses, Scheherezade can do some of them but not others.
Thank you for the explanations. So like both of you had said only the original body of a magi can use "Magi Vision" but the use of rukh can be used by her clone as it could be linked to her soul.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 20:58   Link #1311
hawkeyesvn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Talking about RPG mechanics, it seems that Ohtaka prefer a battle system which activating your skills require not just mana but also stamina. I think it's pretty logical when you consider Magi characters ( They would be so overpowered with their unlimited magoi )
__________________
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 07:19   Link #1312
thunder123456
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
translated text is out ^^

Spoiler for ch178:
thunder123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 08:18   Link #1313
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
^
I find the revelation about the world is more important than that though.

I wonder what Magnostadt will do to deal with this problem..
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 15:17   Link #1314
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler for Magi 178:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 16:54   Link #1315
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
178

__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 17:11   Link #1316
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I can see why Sche wanted to invade Magno. If she only had very little time left, she had to make sure Reim was in the best position possible before the inevitable war with the Kou empire.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 17:40   Link #1317
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: I'm lost
aladdin's story is interesting, if that world exist could Aladdin be from that world?
I like Alibaba reaction after hearing the story, wanting to help Aladdin with is worries!
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 18:19   Link #1318
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
I like Alibaba reaction after hearing the story, wanting to help Aladdin with is worries!
It's not only his worries. It's the human world what's in danger if Al Sarmen succeed in wherever they're trying to do. That means it's as much Alibaba's problem as it is Aladdin's, if not more so.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 18:27   Link #1319
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
King Solomon created the world they currently live in? From their conversation it sounds like Solomon was a magician chosen by 3 magis, but then why did the magicians rebel against him, if they were 'ruled' by a magician?

I mentioned last week how Aladdin and Alibaba might remind Scheherazade of her deceased king candidate, and next chapter we get a brief flashback.
Funny scene in the flashback, a magi and a king vessel running away from a wild beast, it must have been an elite boss.

Now the question, was Aladdin born in the new world or is he from the old world? If he's from the new world, Ugo must have snatched him away as an infant to educate him.
__________________
Awrya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 19:56   Link #1320
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
So yeah, like I said in the spoiler, I could see Al Sarmen convincing Mogamett that it would be possible for them to create a mage-only world if he cooperates with them. I doubt it would be too difficult for them to convince him at this point, either.... Lolimagi may have decided to end Reim's war with Magnostadt, but now that Kou is on the move, their inevitable attack would most definitely fuel the chancellor's hatred for the Goi towards the bursting point......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.