AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Little Busters

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-10, 07:17   Link #421
Zankoku12
Pupupu ~
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Considering the preview for Ep 23, I doubt this.
why's that ? the summary goes exactly as the preview and Kud route
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 07:28   Link #422
romcom89
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Agree, the summary is right imo
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 14:44   Link #423
Irustua
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
I think that Kurugaya is going to have her whole route animated... including their romantic relationship, it will make a lot of sense since at the end (normal end) Riki forgets everything including his romantic feelings for Kurugaya, and it's imposible that they cut off the time loop or the explanaition of some of the world's basis so her route must be just before Rin 1 or 2. Kurugaya's arc will be the breaking point of the secret of the world's hints...
Irustua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 12:36   Link #424
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Ladies and gentlemen, I am about to suggest a cracktastic heresy. Inspired by all those WMGs Anime only viewers have been throwing in the Episode 22 thread, about the significance of Suginami (one of the three bullying clowns who has a crush on Riki) , JC Staff shalt commit the ultimate blasphemy of an anime original route.

Now, burn me with fire.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 19:06   Link #425
ikarito6600
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
I think that teh routes of Kurugaya and Rin have not been adapted to the anime.
But I don´t know that I have the correct information (I complete the game) But I not remember if they have been adapted in episodes (if is adapted, can also remember to me in which episodes).
ikarito6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 05:17   Link #426
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, I am about to suggest a cracktastic heresy. Inspired by all those WMGs Anime only viewers have been throwing in the Episode 22 thread, about the significance of Suginami (one of the three bullying clowns who has a crush on Riki) , JC Staff shalt commit the ultimate blasphemy of an anime original route.

Now, burn me with fire.
Nah, Suginami's Route will never happen. JC Staff still has a sense of logic right?

That said, a *cough* Saya Route would be nice. XD
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 10:29   Link #427
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Nah, Suginami's Route will never happen. JC Staff still has a sense of logic right?

That said, a *cough* Saya Route would be nice. XD
If Kurugaya route becomes an Anime Original, to strip it of romance, then I'd be worried.

For example, Love Love Hunters would be a Kurugaya sponsored bit of trolling. Kurugaya feeling happiness and emotions for the first time with the Little Busters will be given greater emphasis. Kurugaya pwning those bullies would be presented not as protecting Riki as a prelude to romance but the final straw after prior provocations and insults to Kud ( the showdown between those two idiots and the Little Busters after Kud was called a mongrel), Mio (having her book stolen) and Rin1 (Suginami's friend's love letter).

And they then axe the looping time-line, therefore denying Anime only viewers one of the biggest hints so far as to the Secret of the World.

Actually, come to think of it, with Romance stripped out of the routes, a Friendship route with regards to Suginami... could work, but we'd be straying into anime original territory, and may suffer the usual fate of filler arcs.

But, why ask such a prominent VA to voice such a minor character, I wonder?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 12:51   Link #428
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
You say that, but the random guy back at Episode 1 was voiced by Sugita, among all male seiyuu so...
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 19:41   Link #429
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You say that, but the random guy back at Episode 1 was voiced by Sugita, among all male seiyuu so...
Guest appearances?

Come to think of it, I think they can do the Saya route after the ending of the Kurugaya route, even before Refrain. Isn't the only thing that you need to know for the Saya route to make sense is that the Little Buster's world is a shared dream world?

In-fact, I wonder whether they are going to actually going to shaft Rin, and divide her route into two. I suspect the structure might well be:

Kurugaya Route
Rin 1 Events
Rin accepts the offer to transfer Schools. Rin is removed from the plot.

An interlude, where the Ecstasy routes unfold, while Rin is away . All the while, Riki would be receiving messages from Rin.

- Sasami's route
- Kanata's Route
- Saya's Route.

Rin returns home, and Rin 2 proper begins.

Refrain. All of it. I wonder whether 13 episodes will cut it.

A final "Beach" episode.

Perhaps a Summer going away party episode, like was mentioned in Kud Wafter.

Of course, the structure could easily be reshuffled. From the summaries about the Kanata route, it seems that it could theoretically go before the Kurugaya Route.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 03:55   Link #430
Zankoku12
Pupupu ~
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
How the heck can Sasami arc fit in there if her route happened after Refrain.
Kanata route doesn't really have anything to do with the secret so it can be anywhere.
Alot of people said for Saya arc to reach its fullest,viewers need to know about the secret first so it should be after refrain in some kind of OVA.

It doesn't matter to me where her route will be placed as long as there's romance in it.
They can took out romance in every other heroines arc for all I care but not Saya...nuh-uh .__.

And whoever is making this seem to like spending alot of time for common route episodes and then shorten/rushed with the heroine arc so I expect 1/4 of the second season will be for common episodes .__.
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 19:28   Link #431
Jasque
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Hum... When was the dwarfs part in the VN?

Ah, I found out, it's in refrain's Rin part.
__________________

Last edited by Jasque; 2013-03-24 at 20:05.
Jasque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 02:58   Link #432
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Well.......

IMO, they cannot remove the romance in Kurugaya's route. It'll definitely ruin the entire thing.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 04:27   Link #433
Zankoku12
Pupupu ~
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
^ People also said the same whe it come to Haruka an Kud's arc,now look what happened.

Removing romance isn't always necessary bad.Look on the bright side,we might get to see Kurugaya arc filled with wonderful friendship and nice stuffs we've never seen before in the VN.

Seriously,they aren't going to dump friendship away just because it's Kurugaya considering how far and deep they're going with it.
So like even if there're still romance,I bet friendship will still take about at least half of the arc.
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 07:42   Link #434
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
^ People also said the same whe it come to Haruka an Kud's arc,now look what happened.

Removing romance isn't always necessary bad.Look on the bright side,we might get to see Kurugaya arc filled with wonderful friendship and nice stuffs we've never seen before in the VN.

Seriously,they aren't going to dump friendship away just because it's Kurugaya considering how far and deep they're going with it.
So like even if there're still romance,I bet friendship will still take about at least half of the arc.
Only, the problem with people saying that is that Haruka and Kud's routes are technically already ruined. Both lacked the explosive impact it had. Haruka felt rushed, and even the impostor scene felt rushed and relatively impactless compared to it was in the VN. Then again, it MIGHT just be me.

In Kurugaya Arc, the ENTIRE thing is based on romance, including the fact that the entire thing happened because Riki and Kurugaya er....clicked. You cannot turn that into terms that equate friendship, and even then, it would be relatively bad.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 08:20   Link #435
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
Removing romance isn't always necessary bad.Look on the bright side,we might get to see Kurugaya arc filled with wonderful friendship and nice stuffs we've never seen before in the VN.
Oh please do stop, I just ate and I'd like to keep the food inside my stomach for a while longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Only, the problem with people saying that is that Haruka and Kud's routes are technically already ruined. Both lacked the explosive impact it had. Haruka felt rushed, and even the impostor scene felt rushed and relatively impactless compared to it was in the VN. Then again, it MIGHT just be me.

In Kurugaya Arc, the ENTIRE thing is based on romance, including the fact that the entire thing happened because Riki and Kurugaya er....clicked. You cannot turn that into terms that equate friendship, and even then, it would be relatively bad.
Who are we trying to fool...they are going to make it all about friendship anyway, remove Love Love Hunters (one of the funniest parts in the VN) and everything remotely romance related and then make it so that Riki AND Rin start noticing the loops, that way Riki isn't the only one and romance can be avoided with Kurugaya wishing that her time with friends never ends...blah blah blah...

There goes my lunch...
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 16:13   Link #436
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Oh please do stop, I just ate and I'd like to keep the food inside my stomach for a while longer.


Who are we trying to fool...they are going to make it all about friendship anyway, remove Love Love Hunters (one of the funniest parts in the VN) and everything remotely romance related and then make it so that Riki AND Rin start noticing the loops, that way Riki isn't the only one and romance can be avoided with Kurugaya wishing that her time with friends never ends...blah blah blah...

There goes my lunch...
From the comments you guys are making I can't tell whether or not you hate J.C Staff because they might not animate the Kurugaya route, or you hate them because they are going to anime the route lol.

While it seems like the route cannot function without romance, the same worries were shared when any VN had multiple heroine routes. The common way of doing it, and the way J.C Staff is doing it, is having the main heroine as the love interest while the MC simply helps the other heroines sort out their issues. Kyoko Animation did it with all of Keys other works, White Fox did so with Steins;Gate, and J.C Staff is doing the same with Little Busters.

Honestly speaking its for the best that they remove the romance elements from the story. From the various reviews I've read of the series its a general agreement that the Common Route and Refrain were the most enjoyable parts, while the romance was a mixed bag. If they actually did include the romance for each route it would kind of ruin the friendship theme, and it might have given the show a "Harem anime" feel to it which doesn't sit right with me.

TL;DR: What I'm basically saying is that this is an adaptation, not a rehash of the visual novel in moving picture form. There needs to be compromises in order to fit 60+ hours of content into a meager 26 (Or 52 when they do a second season) episodes. Some of my favorite scenes have been left out, while I am disappointed about it, I can understand that J.C staff needed to cut some scenes in order to fit the important ones.

TL;DR of TL;DR: The route will most likely have no romance, its necessary, please try to get over it.
__________________

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage

Last edited by Hollownerox; 2013-03-25 at 16:30. Reason: Some parts of comment more scathing than I intended.
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 17:39   Link #437
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
From the comments you guys are making I can't tell whether or not you hate J.C Staff because they might not animate the Kurugaya route, or you hate them because they are going to anime the route lol.

While it seems like the route cannot function without romance, the same worries were shared when any VN had multiple heroine routes. The common way of doing it, and the way J.C Staff is doing it, is having the main heroine as the love interest while the MC simply helps the other heroines sort out their issues. Kyoko Animation did it with all of Keys other works, White Fox did so with Steins;Gate, and J.C Staff is doing the same with Little Busters.

Honestly speaking its for the best that they remove the romance elements from the story. From the various reviews I've read of the series its a general agreement that the Common Route and Refrain were the most enjoyable parts, while the romance was a mixed bag. If they actually did include the romance for each route it would kind of ruin the friendship theme, and it might have given the show a "Harem anime" feel to it which doesn't sit right with me.

TL;DR: What I'm basically saying is that this is an adaptation, not a rehash of the visual novel in moving picture form. There needs to be compromises in order to fit 60+ hours of content into a meager 26 (Or 52 when they do a second season) episodes. Some of my favorite scenes have been left out, while I am disappointed about it, I can understand that J.C staff needed to cut some scenes in order to fit the important ones.

TL;DR of TL;DR: The route will most likely have no romance, its necessary, please try to get over it.
I've said this more than enough times and this topic has already been discussed to death. Not including romance was a CHOICE on the part of JC Staff and NOT a NECESSITY. They turned it into a necessity due to their own choices.

Not even the VN gave off a harem feel, much less would an anime adaptation of it if they kept in the romance anyway. A careful and smart use of the loops was all that would be needed to pull it off, but they didn't even bother with it.
And Refrain alone is a romanceless route all about friendship...it's all you need really.

Personally, it's not about whether or not they will animate the Kurugaya route (they most certainly will) but mostly because of the fact that the whole route is centered around Riki and Kurugaya's romance. It's not just an important plot point like in the Haruka and Kud routes (that even taken out severely downgrades the plot but still works) it's the core of the damn plot and by the way things are going they will come up with a BS way to turn it all about friendship rather than the romance.
This hits harder for me since the Kurugaya route and her character are both my favorite parts of LB.

I'm not saying the anime has been wrong in everything and is the worst thing ever...I kind of like some of the things they did...hell, I loved it up until midway through the Komari route. When it comes to showing friendship within the group it's actually spot on and handled a bit better than in the VN, the minor Common Route scenes are also generally well done and nicely adapted and most of all Rin's relationship with Komari seems much deeper and fleshed out than in the VN (I always considered the Refrain scene with both of them was much weaker because of the lack interaction they had throughout the VN).

My problem ultimately boils down to the Cons far outweighing the Pros, not in number but in individual weight.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:32   Link #438
CXu
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I've said this more than enough times and this topic has already been discussed to death. Not including romance was a CHOICE on the part of JC Staff and NOT a NECESSITY. They turned it into a necessity due to their own choices.

Not even the VN gave off a harem feel, much less would an anime adaptation of it if they kept in the romance anyway. A careful and smart use of the loops was all that would be needed to pull it off, but they didn't even bother with it.
And Refrain alone is a romanceless route all about friendship...it's all you need really.

Personally, it's not about whether or not they will animate the Kurugaya route (they most certainly will) but mostly because of the fact that the whole route is centered around Riki and Kurugaya's romance. It's not just an important plot point like in the Haruka and Kud routes (that even taken out severely downgrades the plot but still works) it's the core of the damn plot and by the way things are going they will come up with a BS way to turn it all about friendship rather than the romance.
This hits harder for me since the Kurugaya route and her character are both my favorite parts of LB.

I'm not saying the anime has been wrong in everything and is the worst thing ever...I kind of like some of the things they did...hell, I loved it up until midway through the Komari route. When it comes to showing friendship within the group it's actually spot on and handled a bit better than in the VN, the minor Common Route scenes are also generally well done and nicely adapted and most of all Rin's relationship with Komari seems much deeper and fleshed out than in the VN (I always considered the Refrain scene with both of them was much weaker because of the lack interaction they had throughout the VN).

My problem ultimately boils down to the Cons far outweighing the Pros, not in number but in individual weight.
It's a choice Shimada Michiru did with the guidance from KEY themselves, where the original authors all had input into the final product. If you believe you have a better grasp of the most important elements of the story than the authors themselves, then knock yourself out.

A scene in the anime cqn feel less powerful because you've already seen it before, and therefore thinks it's inferior to the original.

Oh and the VN doesn't feel like a harem because of how VNs work. You're not going to capture the same feel in anime, ever. It's a completely different medium.

So if the changes done in this adaption were deemed necessary by KEY for it to work, I for one will wait until we reach the conclusion and I've seen everything before I judge if something important was left out or not.
CXu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:58   Link #439
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXu View Post
It's a choice Shimada Michiru did with the guidance from KEY themselves, where the original authors all had input into the final product. If you believe you have a better grasp of the most important elements of the story than the authors themselves, then knock yourself out.
I'd like proof of this, no doubt it might be true but I'd like to know if this is based on actual facts...
But regardless, obviously I'm not better suited to say what's truly important for the plot than the creators of the damn thing and I never claimed I was. I am, however, saying that not adding romance was a CHOICE, not the huge necessity some make it out to be, whether it was good or bad...well that's subjective, I believe it to be bad, it hindered my enjoyment of the adaptation (along with other things) but I am fully aware that others think otherwise.

PS: Love it when people resort to the "Derp, you think you know better than the creators." argument when discussing personal opinions...it just makes them so much more valid and reasonable.
And yes, that was sarcasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXu View Post
A scene in the anime can feel less powerful because you've already seen it before, and therefore thinks it's inferior to the original.
Not really, I still play LB to this day and whenever I read certain scenes they still carry a nice impact, however while watching those same scenes in the anime /even before replaying them in the VN) the impact was much weaker.
I doubt most will deny that scenes like the Komari Mental Breakdown scene had a weaker impact in the anime than it had in the VN (just one of the examples from when I still watched it regularly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CXu View Post
Oh and the VN doesn't feel like a harem because of how VNs work. You're not going to capture the same feel in anime, ever. It's a completely different medium.
Again...not really, it all comes down to how you do it and play with the resources at hand (loops and so on), if you know what you're doing it can easily be pulled off.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 03:43   Link #440
CXu
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I'd like proof of this, no doubt it might be true but I'd like to know if this is based on actual facts...
Well, here's a post about a tweet. Not sure if that's enough for you. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...38#post4096038

Quote:
But regardless, obviously I'm not better suited to say what's truly important for the plot than the creators of the damn thing and I never claimed I was. I am, however, saying that not adding romance was a CHOICE, not the huge necessity some make it out to be, whether it was good or bad...well that's subjective, I believe it to be bad, it hindered my enjoyment of the adaptation (along with other things) but I am fully aware that others think otherwise.
Well, yeah, obviously it's a subjective thing if it's good or bad, and it's fine if you believe it's bad. I wasn't trying to say that the creators objectively could say which were good changes and which were bad, but rather that since, as you say, having romance or not was a choice, they probably had a reason to remove it. Probably due to how they decided to run the anime (in a continuous format with loops). If romance were included in this format, then the series would feel like a harem indeed. And this was the best way KEY could think off adapting their game, so in that regard; yes I'd say it was close to a necessity to remove the romance from the routes.
Removing the romantic elements to further emphasis the friendship theme is a good move as well, in my opinion, since LB! was always mainly focused on the friendship.

Quote:
PS: Love it when people resort to the "Derp, you think you know better than the creators." argument when discussing personal opinions...it just makes them so much more valid and reasonable.
And yes, that was sarcasm.
Good for you.

Quote:
Not really, I still play LB to this day and whenever I read certain scenes they still carry a nice impact, however while watching those same scenes in the anime /even before replaying them in the VN) the impact was much weaker.
I doubt most will deny that scenes like the Komari Mental Breakdown scene had a weaker impact in the anime than it had in the VN (just one of the examples from when I still watched it regularly).
The scenes might be the same, but it's still a different medium. For one, the anime sets the pace, while you set the pace in the visual novel. Of course, some scenes will have more/less impact in the adaption, because they're different. I agree that Komari's breakdown had less impact, mostly due to the lack of development beforehand. That in return though made it possible to focus more on the development between Komari and Rin, which was lacking in the VN, so I don't make that much a deal out of it anyway. Other scenes, such as when Kanata finally breaks in Haruka's arc, I found much better in the anime than I ever did in the visual novel.
So it's mostly subjective, yeah.

Quote:
Again...not really, it all comes down to how you do it and play with the resources at hand (loops and so on), if you know what you're doing it can easily be pulled off.
I doubt a looping story would work well, as loops feel very jarring and breaks the natural flow of the story. It's not a problem in the VN, because VNs usually have breaking storylines. But anime are mostly linear in nature, so looping stories don't work as well as in the visual novel. And the loops go mostly unnoticed in the game, again because of the nature of VNs. The looping would be extremely hard, if not impossible, to hide if you did a looping storyline, especially when you still have to include Rin and Riki's development inbetween. This is probably why they decided to go with the current continuous-but-looping approach.

If it's doing a good job hiding the loops, I can't tell, because I'm aware of them.


Anyhow, the meaning of my post was mostly to point out that it's not always JC Staff pulling the strings when there are changes in the adaption, and give possible explanations as to why you might feel the way you feel about the anime without necessarily be because of bad choices done while adapting. I do believe it's a good practice to refrain judginf if the choices they made were good or bad until you've atleast seen the whole finished adaption. It was late and I was tired, so if my post came out as something else, then sorry.
CXu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.