AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 22:48   Link #1121
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Well the he'd be fighting a handicapped raiden, it's like saying "oh Frieza would have beaten goku if he didnt turn super saiyan" Well yeah of course he would have, but the thing is they DID.

Spoiler for sam:
that just makes sam even more awesome because he isn't
Spoiler for a:
and can be considered the strongest member of the winds of destruction, by that I mean even sundowner considers sam to be stronger than him, and the other three or atleast two of them
Spoiler for are:
and he was able to hold his own against raiden a state of the art cyborg with the ripper awakened
Old 2013-03-26, 22:55   Link #1122
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Hell yeah!!!

In all seriousness if Kojima and Konami can buy out P*, man we got one hell of a game dev team right there.
Old 2013-03-27, 00:54   Link #1123
Vigo
too lazy to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Spoiler for sam:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Spoiler for a:
and can be considered the strongest member of the winds of destruction, by that I mean even sundowner considers sam to be stronger than him, and the other three or atleast two of them
Spoiler for are:
and he was able to hold his own against raiden a state of the art cyborg with the ripper awakened
And this is why the Japanese version is so much better in this case because Sam's blood is red in the Japanese version not white.

This makes the revelation
Spoiler:
much more apparent and has a bigger impact.

Last edited by Vigo; 2013-03-27 at 01:04.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 03:47   Link #1124
paladinenvec

I have finished the game, i only rented it cause i only focused it to end the game, not to get everything, but anyway here are my thoughts:

Spoiler for Personal Review & Some Spoilers:
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 17:41   Link #1125
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Quote:
This makes the revelation
Spoiler:
much more apparent and has a bigger impact.
People really make this revelation overdramatic. Sam actually had cybernetic enhancements in his arms. This is needed to use the HF Blade and his sword was the strongest weapon in the game so that made Sam a balanced fighter.

More trivial stuff I found.

Raiden and Wolf should have their own sitcom.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 17:50   Link #1126
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Raiden and Wolf should have their own sitcom.
Amusing on two levels.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 08:29   Link #1127
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

More loli Sunny ftw!
Old 2013-03-29, 19:59   Link #1128
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Very Hard mode, HF Blade only (full upgrade), normal body, no ripper mode, no nanopaste, and I'm getting torn up by packs of armored swordsmen and Mastiffs =_=

Million Stabs and Endless Grab moves for the lose.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:22   Link #1129
amaterasu4

Oh god I hate Very Hard. It's probably even worse than Revengeance mode since that mode has a stronger parry. It took a lot of time to defeat Metal Gear Ray.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:46   Link #1130
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Very Hard mode, HF Blade only (full upgrade), normal body, no ripper mode, no nanopaste, and I'm getting torn up by packs of armored swordsmen and Mastiffs =_=

Million Stabs and Endless Grab moves for the lose.
Ugh gotta remember not everyone is as good as me at adapting, gotta remember not everyone is quick to learn when it comes to these types of video games.

Oh screw lemme just say it none of the modes were really that hard so long as you know their attacks by heart and the proper timing to parry them, OR you just spam the hell out of Jack the Ripper mode, certain powerful weapons, and the infinite wigs. The real challenge for most can be progressing through the missions or the boss fights without getting hit.

Oh wait were you intentionally putting your own handicaps on yourself to make the game harder? If so well more power to you, you masochist you.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:54   Link #1131
amaterasu4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Ugh gotta remember not everyone is as good as me at adapting, gotta remember not everyone is quick to learn when it comes to these types of video games.

Oh screw lemme just say it none of the modes were really that hard so long as you know their attacks by heart and the proper timing to parry them, OR you just spam the hell out of Jack the Ripper mode, certain powerful weapons, and the infinite wigs. The real challenge for most can be progressing through the missions or the boss fights without getting hit.

Oh wait were you intentionally putting your own handicaps on yourself to make the game harder? If so well more power to you, you masochist you.
I sometimes do that with some games if they are easy or if there is some overpowered move such as in the MegaMan X series or some RPGs. For example, the Fox Blade spoils the game so I'm never using it.
Old 2013-03-29, 22:05   Link #1132
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Lol yes, I don't have the Fox Blade, but using max upgraded Armor Breaker or Stun Blade makes the fights super easy because of their special effects... And that's without Ripper mode.
Old 2013-03-29, 22:07   Link #1133
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Spoiler for a:
Spoiler for are:
Spoiler:
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 22:43   Link #1134
amaterasu4

It surprises me that we still didn't have English Soul Snake Wooden Sword news. Could it be related with David Hayter not working in the next Metal Gear?
Old 2013-03-30, 03:49   Link #1135
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Guessing they'll just take old voice clips from Snake in older MGS games like MGS2 and MGS4.
Old 2013-04-06, 08:29   Link #1136
demino_hellsin
That one guy

A curious thought ran through my head. Reviewers in general hate QTEs. And Rising has quite a few sprinkled all throughout. So does Bayonetta and maybe a numerable number of Platinum games. I can sympathize with the whole, QTEs get boring as you go along since they're all the same so I wondered how to make them more interesting.

So what if there were multiple inputs for a single QTE?

Like when you're caught by the mastiff you're not just forced to do the stick waggling but you can choose to do something else. Which would result in character animation doing something else. It would affect your positioning and varies damage and effect on the enemy. For the bosses they could be finished or blade moded from different angles pending on QTE done.

Would this have been more interesting?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 08:32   Link #1137
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Then it's not a QTE.
Old 2013-04-06, 08:32   Link #1138
demino_hellsin
That one guy

what would it be called then? O.O
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 09:07   Link #1139
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Part of the combat? Because you have options...
Old 2013-04-06, 20:53   Link #1140
amaterasu4

Looks like Sam's DLC will feature him with his original body while wearing the complete enhancing suit. The story will apparently show us how Sam lost his right arm. Another "coincidence" with Raiden's wounds?

About QTEs from this game I like how predictable the commands are. They just tell you to use the slash button in most cases but in a cooler way. When counterattacking you just use the button you never use such as when finishing everybody. I never lost a QTE during the time I played. To make it simpler...

RULEZ OF NATUREEE!!!

Last edited by amaterasu4; 2013-04-06 at 21:05.