AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 25 34.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 28.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 28.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-26, 21:42   Link #161
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
He was saying he was open to the idea of having a girl friend but he's not direct at all, in fact, he's completely vague with it.

Sena even mentions how vague it is, you can't really take an answer from a statement like that. Hell, you could make out of that he might want a girlfriend in the future, but not necessarily now.

This is the most important part though
Spoiler for Spoiler:


Right here, Kodaka is admitting that friendship is currently more important to him than a relationship. Now could he want one with the girls in the future? Sure, but right now, he just wants to enjoy friendship. That's not possible if the girls currently are hounding him.

Basically, "how can we be in a relationship if we can't even establish our friendship" is what he's saying.
__________________
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 21:50   Link #162
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
He was saying he was open to the idea of having a girl friend but he's not direct at all, in fact, he's completely vague with it.

Sena even mentions how vague it is, you can't really take an answer from a statement like that. Hell, you could make out of that he might want a girlfriend in the future, but not necessarily now.

This is the most important part though
Spoiler for Spoiler:


Right here, Kodaka is admitting that friendship is currently more important to him than a relationship. Now could he want one with the girls in the future? Sure, but right now, he just wants to enjoy friendship. That's not possible if the girls currently are hounding him.

Basically, "how can we be in a relationship if we can't even establish our friendship" is what he's saying.
it's here exactly when kodaka issues come into play because he said who he "don't have friends" while this is a lie because he already have friends this is just a way to escape from reality and from sena questions about relationship.

easy countered by this
Spoiler:


their already being friends for a long time, kodaka just don't want to lose this "fake friends status" like i said he fears have true friends because this means who he must move and grow and this scare him.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 21:58   Link #163
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
No, he knows that all the group is not friends with each other, just him. Re-read this part of the comment I posted in an earlier post..

Quote:
"And what about Rika? She’s been pushing Kodaka to step up and admit that they all are friends but she won’t do it herself? Essentially, she is admitting that Kodaka is center of the group and every one of the girls are focused on him and not on each other. Harem anyone? Yozora (and maybe Yukimura) may be the only one who isn’t romantically attracted to him (and that has a low probability even if she denies it. The look of terror on her face when Sena proposed tells a lot). "
Kodaka has friends, but they all don't. They all consider Kodaka their friend, but not exactly each other. Specifically Sena and Yozora. Their relationship is not strong enough to the point where Kodaka could pick one and the other would still want to stay friends in the group. THAT is the problem here.

Which is why I was telling you about why Kodaka is not really the real problem here. No matter what, Kodaka would still want to be friends with all of them. Sena and Yozora are the problem. The main thing keeping them together is KODAKA, so if Kodaka causes some rift, THEY will leave. He's not playing down the friendship for his sake, he's doing it for these two girls sake. THEY are the ones who would potentially mess everything up, not him.

They are not strong enough friendship wise for Kodaka to make romantic decisions. Yozora and Sena aren't really close enough to want to remain friends with each other without Kodaka, ESPECIALLY if he's dating one of them. All hell would break lose. And its not even set in stone they consider themselves friends with the rest of the girls like Rika and Yukimura. Can you honestly with a straight face say Sena considers Rika her friend? I can't, associate maybe, but not friend.
__________________
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:05   Link #164
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
No, he knows that all the group is not friends with each other, just him. Re-read this part of the comment I posted in an earlier post..



Kodaka has friends, but they all don't. They all consider Kodaka their friend, but not exactly each other. Specifically Sena and Yozora. Their relationship is not strong enough to the point where Kodaka could pick one and the other would still want to stay friends in the group. THAT is the problem here.

Which is why I was telling you about why Kodaka is not really the real problem here. No matter what, Kodaka would still want to be friends with all of them. Sena and Yozora are the problem. The main thing keeping them together is KODAKA, so if Kodaka causes some rift, THEY will leave. He's not playing down the friendship for his sake, he's doing it for these two girls sake. THEY are the ones who would potentially mess everything up, not him.

They are not strong enough friendship wise for Kodaka to make romantic decisions. Yozora and Sena aren't really close enough to want to remain friends with each other without Kodaka, ESPECIALLY if he's dating one of them. All hell would break lose. And its not even set in stone they consider themselves friends with the rest of the girls like Rika and Yukimura. Can you honestly with a straight face say Sena considers Rika her friend? I can't, associate maybe, but not friend.
you are going against the scenes, was very clear who kodaka know who every one already being friends, again i can easy count you argument with anime
Spoiler:

rika try to say who their are friends and him order her to stop, again you are making look kodaka is a shining armor kinight for the sake of the girls while this not the true he order her stop while start to tremble, and "run" like exactly kobato, he does exactly what kobato does with her friends classmate, is so to hard to put the gult also on him than just the girls?.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:14   Link #165
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
You're not listening to me ellessarr....

Of COURSE Rika knows they are friends. You know why? Cause she's smart as hell and awesome.

Seriously though, she's a very socially aware person. Of course she knows they are friends. She is not the problem.

It's two other girls, their names are Sena and Yozora. It's like you are forgetting about them completely in the equation and just thinking about Kodaka and Rika. They aren't the only ones in the club. You're putting blame on Kodaka for something that not only is not his fault, but he's trying to avoid.

You're missing the point. ALL of the girls consider Kodaka as their friend. BUT, not all of them consider each other friends as well, specifically Sena and Yozora. BOTH of them have tried on multiple occasions to get Kodaka to themselves. They don't seem to care about friendship, they just care about Kodaka. That is what can ruin the friendship with EVERYONE, not just Kodaka. And if he did choose one of them as a girlfriend, what other reason would the other girl have to come to the neighbors club anymore? They just lost Kodaka, why else would they come when they don't seem to care about hanging out with the other girls.

So, like I said in my last post...can you HONESTLY see Yozora or Sena calling not only Rika, but each other friends? I can't at all. They are getting there, but not there yet. Kodaka would not try to start a relationship probably until they get there.
__________________
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:22   Link #166
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
You're not listening to me ellessarr....

Of COURSE Rika knows they are friends? You know why? Cause she's smart as hell and awesome.

Seriously though, she's a very socially aware person. Of course she knows they are friends. She is not the problem.

It's two other girls, their names are Sena and Yozora. It's like you are forgetting about them completely in the equation and just thinking about Kodaka and Rika. They aren't the only ones in the club. You're putting blame on Kodaka for something that not only is not his fault, but he's trying to avoid.

You're missing the point. ALL of the girls consider Kodaka as their friend. BUT, not all of them consider each other friends as well, specifically Sena and Yozora. BOTH of them have tried on multiple occasions to get Kodaka to themselves. They don't seem to care about friendship, they just care about Kodaka. That is what can ruin the friendship with EVERYONE, not just Kodaka. And if he did choose one of them as a girlfriend, what other reason would the other girl have to come to the neighbors club anymore? They just lost Kodaka, why else would they come when they don't seem to care about hanging out with the other girls.

So, like I said in my last post...can you HONESTLY see Yozora or Sena calling not only Rika, but each other friends? I can't at all. They are getting there, but not there yet. Kodaka would not try to start a relationship probably until they get there.
yep because is you who are being blind, sena and yozora already have a sort of love/hate friendship, sena have even her room full of photos of yozora, she helped to defender the club along with yozora, when yozora said who want sena death sena was very depressed because she "likes yozora" in her weird way, everyone on the club already being friends their just dont aknowledge this(only rika and kodaka) due to their poor social skills, this is what rika said who the club already researched its goal now is time to move out but kodaka dont want this for 1 reason(about girls show me in anime where exactly he say who if him choose a girl the club gonna end?, dont just use "because i believe" use real speechs in anime) because he suffer from the same issue os his sister if you show me a proof about your point then gonna be 2 reasons his issues and the girls.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:31   Link #167
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
sena and yozora already have a sort of love/hate friendship
No, they don't. They tolerate each other, and maybe at best can be associates. But no, they are NOT true friends at the moment. Otherwise you are being blind. You're harping on Kodaka's flaws, yet acting completely oblivious to theirs.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
sena have even her room full of photos of yozora
That's obsession, not friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
she helped to defender the club along with yozora
That's because they have the same interest, which is hanging out with Kodaka, without the club, they can't.

You trying to act like the girls have absolutely no responsibility in this when they very well do. There is no proof that they consider each other or the other girls friends yet. They might have a love/hate relationship, but that's not exactly friends. You can't just blame Kodaka for everything, which is exactly what you're trying to do. Sena and Yozora have to work on their poor social skills by themselves, Kodaka is just trying to at least keep the status quo so they can keep hanging out.
__________________
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:37   Link #168
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
No, they don't. They tolerate each other, and maybe at best can be associates. But no, they are NOT true friends at the moment. Otherwise you are being blind. You're harping on Kodaka's flaws, yet acting completely oblivious to theirs.




That's obsession, not friendship


That's because they have the same interest, which is hanging out with Kodaka, without the club, they can't.

You trying to act like the girls have absolutely no responsibility in this when they very well do. There is no proof that they consider each other or the other girls friends yet. They might have a love/hate relationship, but that's not exactly friends. You can't just blame Kodaka for everything, which is exactly what you're trying to do.
ok man i'm done with you, no matter of proof i give you gonna deny then it's pointless keep pointing proofs and you keep deny then.

well again my point is to EVERYONE have fault(whilke you saying who only the girls have fault), the girls for being weirds and dont know how to deal with their feelings and desires and kodaka for being a coward, in the end he is the MC the missions to solve the issues of the girls is him when him answer his own issues and stop to run from reallity


just one more point where is said who kodaka is done what he is done for the girls in anime??? show me please.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:42   Link #169
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
ok man i'm done with you, no matter of proof i give you gonna deny then it's pointless keep pointing proofs and you keep deny then.
Your proof isn't really proof. All you've shown is that Kodaka and Rika understands the truth. But they alone aren't what makes the group. Yet you ignore Sena and Yozora's interaction and make it what you want it to be. Everyone has to be on the same page, they aren't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
in the end he is the MC the missions to solve the issues of the girls is him when him answer his own issues and stop to run from reallity
No its not the issue, this is why I'm debating you. You're saying its his responsiblity to solve their problems, and I'm saying its not. Yet you'll keep calling him a coward cause you don't agree, yet you don't call Rika a coward. Isn't she doing exactly what he is? Keeping the status quo?


We'll just agree to disagree. You think he's a coward, but I don't.
__________________
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:58   Link #170
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Your proof isn't really proof. All you've shown is that Kodaka and Rika understands the truth. But they alone aren't what makes the group. Yet you ignore Sena and Yozora's interaction and make it what you want it to be. Everyone has to be on the same page, they aren't.



No its not the issue, this is why I'm debating you. You're saying its his responsiblity to solve their problems, and I'm saying its not. Yet you'll keep calling him a coward cause you don't agree, yet you don't call Rika a coward. Isn't she doing exactly what he is? Keeping the status quo?


We'll just agree to disagree. You think he's a coward, but I don't.
offcourse what you call a person who whenever is confrontated with a dilemma just pretend it was not him and flees, at last 2 times.

maybe you are too much overseeing the things and looking kodaka like a "real person" who he dont is, he is just a harem MC, who in this type of "harem" where we have weird girls with problem, the missions to solve the problem goes to MC,

sena and yozora have many interactions(i'm really look to then and most of the peoples agree with me who their already being some sort of "weird friends")

Spoiler:


yozora face toward sena after her helped to defend the club like she's liked what sena doing, sena and yozora have too much hints who their already being friends it's just their are too much competitive toward each other to look at this, their even have reverse role in the second season making sena being the girl badass and yozora the runner, another proof is all the times who yozora bullied sena making her doing a weird action she easy believed on yozora(sena aways ending believe in what yozora say to her) this for himself already show who at last sena already see yozora as her best friend but her weird personality dont allow her see or accept this and make her mistake the friendship by hate, the love/hate relationship.

for the last time i'm not saying this because just i want kodaka choose a girl or because i just blame him but because this is what the writers is showing to us who the anime is about girls and a guy who are completely socially inepts try to learn how to turn this but every one have his issues who are the root of the problem:
yozora: being trapped in the past, her bitch personallity and tomboish way; Sena: being a "queen" who look down to the others peoples; yukimora who believe who herself is a guy ; rika: who is a crazy weird pervert mad scientist; Kodaka/kobato: who have issues to make "true friends" and about find a romance for kodaka in the end (dont forget who this is a romance), ofcourse we can have a harem ending with him dont choose any one or choose all of then(who is you preference) but also have the "romance" who being played well through hints along the anime.

another thing with your posts you are "denying" what rika and kodaka saying in the pictures rika was very clear about this: after all, we're already ALL(everyone not just her and kodaka)...(friends), the kodaka even confirmed this saying: i had know for a long time, this is very clear who every one ALREADY BEING FRIENDS, just only rika and kodaka are aware of this while the others girls still clueless is not me who saying this is the anime.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-03-26 at 23:56.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 01:38   Link #171
revive4563
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Under the desk
Well, at least, Yozara doesn’t look like a type having a close girlfriend at all.
I think character design of Yozora is fails.

As for episode 11, I can’t blame Kodaka…
Escape is the best solution in this case. Because luckily, he has a possibility to get all girls.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 02:03   Link #172
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
just only rika and kodaka are aware of this while the others girls still clueless is not me who saying this is the anime.
If you can't understand why that is the problem, well then I can't help you. Like I said, Rika and Kodaka aren't the only important characters here and not the only ones who need this insight. So Rika and Kodaka know, that doesn't help if they are the only ones. Then you ignore the fact that Rika has even decided to play along with him, because she understands where he is coming from and that he has good intentions about the group, if it was wrong, she would have told him to STOP doing what he's doing. I still don't understand why you just sweep Sena and Yozora's involvement into Kodaka's reasoning under the rug, but whatever.

Til then, we'll just agree to disagree
__________________

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 2013-03-27 at 02:17.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 03:40   Link #173
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There shouldn't be any confusion regardless of what anyone thinks her personality suggests. Sena very pointedly brought Kodaka away from Yozora to speak to him about the engagement issue and expressed concern of the possibility of what it would mean to Yozora if she found out. Not only that, but Sena also got angry when Yozora became dejected and told her to snap out of it. Why would she get angry if she's not aware of what it means to Yozora?
She's angry because Yozora is not behaving as Sena herself would in the same situation.

This isn't the first time Sena's has shown she's aware of the situation. When Kodaka and Sena were getting pa present for Kobato they took a break and talked in the cafe and Sena specifically said she didn't want to lose to Yozora. The subject was about what Sena thought about Kodaka and Yozora being childhood friends. And just before that Sena was asking what Kodaka thought about the other girls. And just before that Sena talked about how she understands how "girls can take a long time to decide on things": The context is pretty damn clear. She knows she's in a competition with Yozora, Rika and even freaking Yukimura over Kodaka's feelings. [/QUOTE]

True. Correct on this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't recall any of that ever being a theme. What exactly is that based on?

Because in all honestly I got the exact opposite interpretation from that scene. The interpretation i got was that they were trying to portray Sena's confession as something positive that shows how far she's come. The reason for this is obvious. The rest of the episode previously went out of it's way to show the best of Rika and Yozora and so followed that off with Sena. Why? It's a narrative cue to put it in direct contrast to Kodaka's evasion which the story portrays as a character regression. Everybody's growing up except him: That was the meta concept I was getting. Portraying Sena's confession as a character flaw would undermine that.
It was a flawed confession because it came out the typical Sena way. That wasn't demonstration of any character growth on Sena's part more as a catalyst for plot progression. Those 2 are not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Can I ask why you think that? The scene in the very first episode of the first season makes it clear what Sena's intentions are. She said "I saw that poster too! (referring to the poster that Yozora specifically said that only people who truly desire friends would see) I just want friends too!". I don't think the story said that for shits and giggles, you know. The story was clearly portraying it as a moment of truth for Sena. Kodaka even then later clarified that it would be natural for her to feel alienated and desire true friends in the scene right after that.
She wanted a female that is willing to lick her feet...That poster wasn't supposed to work from Yozora's perspective, so that Sena saw the 'message' was for shit and giggles. Besides, saying she wants friends but at the same time nobody is good enough is the duality that I'm talking about. What, who are you again?Sort of looking familiar..
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 04:39   Link #174
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
She's angry because Yozora is not behaving as Sena herself would in the same situation.
You might have a point in the latter situation, but what about the former? If she really didn't care about what Yozora thought, she would have started talking about it right there.

Quote:
It was a flawed confession because it came out the typical Sena way. That wasn't demonstration of any character growth on Sena's part more as a catalyst for plot progression. Those 2 are not the same
I'll agree that the confession was somewhat flawed, because it was a slip of the tongue, but the way she dealt with it shows how much Sena's character has grown. She didn't say she was joking, or run away like Kodaka did, or haughtily declare how lucky Kodaka is that she likes him. I don't think the Sena we first met would have dealt with it so maturely.

Quote:
She wanted a female that is willing to lick her feet...
Er, this episode proves she doesn't want someone like that.

Quote:
That poster wasn't supposed to work from Yozora's perspective, so that Sena saw the 'message' was for shit and giggles.
The reason the poster wasn't supposed to work is because Yozora didn't think anyone but her would notice the hidden message. The fact that Sena did is supposed to highlight that they're surprisingly similar to each other.

Quote:
Besides, saying she wants friends but at the same time nobody is good enough is the duality that I'm talking about. What, who are you again?Sort of looking familiar..
She never said that. What she said is that she doesn't acknowledge people that are intimidated by her life circumstances, i.e. people that like her for her.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 08:28   Link #175
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
If you can't understand why that is the problem, well then I can't help you. Like I said, Rika and Kodaka aren't the only important characters here and not the only ones who need this insight. So Rika and Kodaka know, that doesn't help if they are the only ones. Then you ignore the fact that Rika has even decided to play along with him, because she understands where he is coming from and that he has good intentions about the group, if it was wrong, she would have told him to STOP doing what he's doing. I still don't understand why you just sweep Sena and Yozora's involvement into Kodaka's reasoning under the rug, but whatever.

Til then, we'll just agree to disagree
ok first of anything where come that your "theory" about kodaka dont wanting hurt the girls???? where this is showed in anime this, i keep asking this from you and until now you dont showed to me this...

anime showed to us who kodaka have a big issue and due this issue is unable to accept "having friends"

second how i make my theories, fist off all i throw away my personnal preferences(like if i want kodaka ending with only one girls none girls or all girls)i like to base on the source in this case anime, then what anime say to us:

1 rika is smart enought to be able to learn about the real personalilty of the girls

2 kodaka was liyng since from the beginner of anime(first season), when him acted as dense, he was just lying he not dense

3 kodaka suffer from the same issue of her little sister of being unsociable, ofcourse while kobato is more childsh and dont try to hide this issue, kodaka try to hide in his "dense mask" say who he want friends and bla bla bla, while the true is who he is unable to accept have friends for some reason(not explainned yet)

4 this anime is portraited like a gauge game(date game) with many references, parallel and similarities, kodaka is the hero, who must rais flags answer issues and in the end choose a girl( or no) to have his happy(or bad) end, rika like yozora, yukimura and sena are the heroines right, then the mission to make everyone aknowledge about the friendship is not to rika or any other girl but kodaka.

5 on what speech/moment you are basing your "rika is aware who kodaka dont want hurt the girls" where she said this????? without proofs you are just using your personnal taste, in the same way you come and say that i can come and say who rika dont want to tell to the others girls who EVERYONE IS ALREADY BEING FRIENDS just because she is aware of who the others girls only gonna believe if this come the kodaka mouth, like you said the reason of the club being created was him then he is the one with the powers to make the club advance to the next level, if rika does that then kodaka move from main character to secondary.

you must look to the anime exactly like he is a "anime" with the plot based on a date game(huge hinted) and each character have his role, you can't come and say "this not the person A role" while is his role, the burden of make the club advance is on kodakas hand, because this is what the writer want, this anime is a shounen or seinen then the only who have make the things are not the girls, the girls are here for fanservice, ecchiness, create more troubles to kodaka and in the end for him choose or no one of the girls, the girls can't solve anything if their do this then is pointless create all that climax around kodaka.

ok now let me be honest, i'm not really hate kodaka, because this is anime kodaka is a fictional character then i hate the personality and role who the writer give to him, because again i hate "this type of harem leader" who due being unable to answer any girl or being sincere with any one just keep runing and chickening for the sake of harem, this is a personnal taste but i dont let this blind my my mind and i try to be "logical" and use "anime" references until now anime dont give any reference who kodaka is doing this for the sake of the girls, you are assuming this because this is how work on most of the harem, because the MC "dont want to hurt the girls(the otako fans of the girls who want the mc ending or with his own girl or everyone), but until now this not was showed if showed again for the 9999999 time proof me, show in anime where kodaka and rika are saying who he is doing this for the sake of the girls and not for his own issues.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 08:33   Link #176
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
She never said that. What she said is that she doesn't acknowledge people that are intimidated by her life circumstances, i.e. people that like her for her.
In other news, Kobato is very likely to be intimidated by Sena's life circumstances.
__________________
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 10:46   Link #177
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
kodaka suffer from the same issue of her little sister of being unsociable, ofcourse while kobato is more childsh and dont try to hide this issue, kodaka try to hide in his "dense mask" say who he want friends and bla bla bla, while the true is who he is unable to accept have friends for some reason(not explained yet)
A wild guess: He is traumatized.
Once in his childhood he had a very good friend, but one day this friend betrayed his trust in such a horrible way that he developed the fear of getting betrayed by other people and so he has reduced his social life to a minimum.

He want friends but his fears of getting betrayed again are still present so that could be the reason why he was not able to make any friends since that time with Yozora.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 10:58   Link #178
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
A wild guess: He is traumatized.
Once in his childhood he had a very good friend, but one day this friend betrayed his trust in such a horrible way that he developed the fear of getting betrayed by other people and so he has reduced his social life to a minimum.

He want friends but his fears of getting betrayed again are still present so that could be the reason why he was not able to make any friends since that time with Yozora.
this is exactly what i'm try to show, what kodaka is doing is not because "he is a shining knight and dont want hurt the girls feelings" but a personnal issue, he just can't accept have a real social life (friends and love) then this along with the weird girls make everything going wrong and worse, before kodaka can have friends and love, he need cure his owns issues riddle of them learn to accept "friends" this what this anime is about, acceptance of life, friends and love.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 15:57   Link #179
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
They were both blatantly obvious to the point of irritation even if they are both entirely different. The definition of what constitutes abuse differs from one person to another so I don't judge abuse per say, more so on the person's reaction to abuse.
Koe no Katachi is a good example of an abusive case.
Can't believe I forgot this but Yuuno Arashiko from MM! is a very good example of a victim due to abuse.
So if they're both entirely different things then why say one makes sense because of the other? I don't understand what it is you're saying.


Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
She's angry because Yozora is not behaving as Sena herself would in the same situation.
And Sena already explained in the cafe how she's decided to take it. Something that shouldn't bother her under the context of competing for Kodaka's attention.

Quote:
It was a flawed confession because it came out the typical Sena way. That wasn't demonstration of any character growth on Sena's part more as a catalyst for plot progression. Those 2 are not the same.
The "typical Sena" way? That's your only counter-argument?

Like I said, the narrative cue is pretty clear on what it's trying to achieve but it should also be clear in other ways. for example, Sena clearly explained how she decided to confess because it's about moving forward and not being stuck in the past. And if there's one thing the story has been harping on about, it's this message, so the fact that it's in her reasoning is yet another storyline cue that Sena's confession is meant to be considered positive on her part. The other way it's meant to be considered is that she's finally being honest with her true feelings which was her biggest issue in many situations.

Quote:
She wanted a female that is willing to lick her feet...
In the following scene she very specifically said that she wanted friends like those she could "go on camping trips with".

What is your basis for saying she wants someone that will like her feet?

Quote:
That poster wasn't supposed to work from Yozora's perspective, so that Sena saw the 'message' was for shit and giggles.
That's the best you can do? As has already been pointed out, the reason Yozora didn't expect it to work was not because underlying logic was wrong but because she didn't think anyone would see it.

Watch the scene again. notice how Sena shouts that "she wants friends" from the top of her voice in desperation. Notice how the "camera" pans to Yozora who expresses surprise when Sena mentions the poster. Notice how there's a brief silence when Sena shouts she just wants friends. These are all pretty blatant meta cues meant to place importance on a moment. It's obviously not being played for laughs. It's being taken seriously. It's very clearly meant to be seen as important.

The cues from there on only increase. Like I said, Sena specifically talks about the friends she wants and "licking feet" don't come into it. Furthermore, Kodaka herself even notes how she might feel alienated and Kodaka is almost always used as mouthpiece for exposition when he's analysing other characters.

I've also pointed out the overall narrative cue in that they're all supposed to be genuinely desiring friends because that's the underlying core theme of the show.

The evidence is overwhelmingly against you.

Quote:
Besides, saying she wants friends but at the same time nobody is good enough is the duality that I'm talking about.
What is that duality? What is that theory/interpretation based on? How exactly is that relevant to what we're talking about?

Quote:
What, who are you again?Sort of looking familiar..
Whoever you're mistaking me for, yeah I'm that guy. XP
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 16:27   Link #180
frivolity
My posts are frivolous
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Whoever you're mistaking me for, yeah I'm that guy. XP
He was making a reference to Sena's reaction to Yusa, not a question directed at you.
__________________
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.