AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-22, 11:54   Link #461
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
The simplest explanation for this is that it survived the destruction of the rest of the EA fleet. Since EA and Orb were allies at this point, it makes sense for it to join their flotilla.
Indeed it does. However, the point was that none of this is mentioned in any way - at first they weren't there, then they were, and then they blew up, and that's all we know. It was handled very poorly.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 14:53   Link #462
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper






That's just about the most ridiculous display of teamwork I have ever seen. How many times could that orange haired woman say "for Lacus-sama!" before doing that very spectacular Power Rangers dive into the poor hapless grunts?

The fact that they are also members of the Lacus Brigade begs no question as to why too, REALLY.



Seriously, what is the purpose of introducing a character when you're only going to kill him off after 3 episodes? Heine's character got SO much more development than Kira and his Love Union squeezed into those 3 eps.

If Heine lived, GSD could've taken a different, more likable route (in my opinion).



I don't see what you're trying to get at here.

Shinn looked really worried, sad and helpless to help Rey. It's not as if we completely forgot about Rau's suffering. But it does not mean that all pill popping people should be wiped from the face of the planet just because of that. His character was just totally wasted, like Shinn's.



We are all fools in love, aren't we?



The fact remains that it was explained why Shinn had gotten to that level whereas Kira's GOD moding wasn't thoroughly explained. Just because Lacus gave him a cool new toy to play with instantly made him out to the GOD of CE and it's just not right. And please remember that given Kira's situation a series ago, Shinn had too much of the enemy coming at him in waves, who want him dead. Kira only had ZAFT to deal with back then. Shinn has EA, Orb and the Archangel plus its ridiculous GOD suit, Freedom. And they were all out for Minerva's hide. And also remember that the Minerva crew were all tossed into one battle situation after the other, each one even more horrid than the last. They were also going on limited supplies (after that very hasty trip out of Orb, it's pretty much a no-man's land for them until they reached Carpentaria and it's not just regular grunts they were dealing with, too). It's pretty much understood why Shinn has to go off like a Berserker.



It's not about Cagalli. It's her steadfast belief in her father's ideals, the very same ideals that burned down Orb a series ago, then in GSD. It's pretty unreal to think of a country running solely on ideals which is very in real world sense. They won't survive, even if their leader is an 18 year old tomboy as you say, Demongod.



It was shown that she actually didn't do anything at all, just make nonsensical speeches and make the world go round at the sound of her voice and sparkle of her magical pink pixie dust. Fukuda was the one who only made it that way. Remember, we had no idea in hell WTF Terminal was until Lacus got assassinated by the "Coordinator" team sent by Dullindal.



Athrun was one confused guy. I hate Fukuda for turning him into...a mindless person. Athrun's Obi Wan Kenobi relationship with Shinn Anakin Skywalker is one of the things why GSD failed.



After coming out of obscurity with much of their former skills intact (and to which we say, even "improved" as with the rest of the Clyne Faction crew), it is a plot device. Arguing that they were out of service for 2 years does not make them forget their fighting prowess or whatever, is like saying Kira got "Newtype" after staring at the sea for 2 years and getting better at Freedom rainbow spam attack while at it too. For one thing, they couldn't be seen hanging around Orb military facilities because they're wanted by their respective countries/factions, and the fact that the supposed ignorant emirs of Orb (only Athrun and Cagalli should know of their existence) could recognize them and before we know it, there would have been an earlier emir revolt if we're going to talk about Orb ideals of not interfering with other countries' dilemmas or diplomatic situations or what have you. And maybe kill off the GODLY cast before making their debut in GSD (not that I'm complaining). So it's all plot device.

Want more proof? Watch the hideous PHASE 50 again.



Neo totally destroyed it all for GSD, with his resurrection. He's the coup de grace or whatever that sealed its fate, using that plot device of all plot devices Akatsuki to bring even more injustice to this crap.



Now this is just harsh. Just because he sees it differently doesn't mean he can't differentiate good anime/story from one that is a complete dud.

But I thought you hated fan fiction?
wow you stated all the reasons gsd sucked in one post!
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 21:34   Link #463
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I think this was already stated but I'll state it again (if ever)...one of the other reasons GSD failed was in the "mass produced" Gundams, plus Gundams with nonsensical super robot powers and Gundams becoming grunts. >.>
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 04:52   Link #464
asam_laksa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I haven't really read the previous posts really.

But I tell you what I really hate about GSD (though I like the show).

Lacus Clyne and Kira Yamato.
asam_laksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:45   Link #465
Eclipze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Also, to add to the list: Destroy "gundam" was introduced to be a *ultimate super robot*. It gave Shin and co trouble, yet a few episodes later, they became as easy as pie(ie. beam sword folder) to Shin and co. What the heck...?
__________________
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 08:17   Link #466
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
Quote:
The fact remains that it was explained why Shinn had gotten to that level whereas Kira's GOD moding wasn't thoroughly explained.
thats a new one you should go and re watch the series again

Quote:
Also, to add to the list: Destroy "gundam" was introduced to be a *ultimate super robot*. It gave Shin and co trouble, yet a few episodes later, they became as easy as pie(ie. beam sword folder) to Shin and co. What the heck...?
at one point the destroy seem it would own anything to bad shinn/minerva crew turn them into Grunts Rofl
i wonder if thats the reason why Eidolon Sniper thinks it was explained how shinn had gotten to that level whereas kira had non Rofl
i think he missed Gundam Seed ...and went straight to watching Destiny
__________________

Last edited by tetsuo69; 2006-01-26 at 08:41.
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 11:17   Link #467
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
the worst thing about gsd was the rehashed suits and stuff.
strike freedom(stock footage)=freedom which ripedoff alot of suits.
infinite justice=justice
legend=providence
neo genesis=genesis
destiny gundam= v2 gundam(easy to miss)
saviour gundam=zeta gundam
zaku warrior=zaku
gouf ignited= gouf
dom trooper= dom
here's how shinn became a god moder
(shinn in destiny gundam fighting a bunch of windams)
shinn's thoughts:man i'm so sick of all theese bastards coming wave after wave.
(takes a bunch of them out)
random e.a.grunt: what the hell is that thing! (shots at shinn)
(shinn blocks then kills the grunt with his cannon)
another grunt: (to another grunt)steve let's get out of here!
steve: right joe.
(shinn kills joe)
steve:joe!
(shinn stops right in front of steve)
steve:my god...
(shinn kills steve with his mobile suit's fist)

Last edited by dom33; 2006-01-31 at 18:05.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 12:13   Link #468
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
thats a new one you should go and re watch the series again
I know what I'm watching, and it just royally sucks that it was so. How many times did Kira use Freedom in GS? Only a couple of times? And how many times did he use it in GSD (prior to launching it in ep 13)? Unless he's been doing GOD moding practice in the last 2 years it does not explain how ridiculously GOD like he became with it.

Shinn at least had scrapes and troubles with Impulse, and it was shown constantly that he was actually getting better at each MS scramble or whatever. Unlike GOD Kira who just appears out of nowhere and does that ridiculous beam spam all over the place...


Quote:
at one point the destroy seem it would own anything to bad shinn/minerva crew turn them into Grunts Rofl
i wonder if thats the reason why Eidolon Sniper thinks it was explained how shinn had gotten to that level whereas kira had non Rofl
i think he missed Gundam Seed ...and went straight to watching Destiny
No, I watched SEED. If I didn't watch SEED, I would be absolutely frothing at the mouth at Fllay, who Kira thinks of constantly, and maybe I would become one of Lacus Clyne's many brainwashed subordinates and get at Fllay for trying to make a last bid of glory or whatever in making Kira think of her during those flashbacks when he already has his own koi and I would probably a Clyne Faction fangirl by now.

Shinn almost had Destroy down with Impulse on Destroy's first run, why can't he do it with Destiny, which is undoubtedly a GODlier suit than Impulse?
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 12:36   Link #469
Illuyankas
I need another drink.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Beer. Boobs. Wait... boobs again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
Shinn almost had Destroy down with Impulse on Destroy's first run, why can't he do it with Destiny, which is undoubtedly a GODlier suit than Impulse?
Yeah, considering that you just have a very heavily armed, large unmanuverable tank against a fast skilled pilot whose speciality is blowing up large targets (ships, fanbases etc.) up close, where the active defenses can't protect it.
Good points btw ES, good points.
__________________
"Now, I like animals as much as the next guy, but if I'm hungry, I'll eat a panda sandwich."
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 13:05   Link #470
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
Yeah, considering that you just have a very heavily armed, large unmanuverable tank against a fast skilled pilot whose speciality is blowing up large targets (ships, fanbases etc.) up close, where the active defenses can't protect it.
Good points btw ES, good points.
Consideing that large unmaneuverable tank was easily holding off Kira in the Freedom, I'd say you're not giving the Destroy enough credit.

But then you'll say that Kira was plot-deviced to make the Destroy look stronger, or that Shinn was plot-deviced to be stronger so he could get in the hit that Kira never got. (since the only times Kira hit the Destroy was when Stellar was losing/lost control of herself, the first right after when Stellar thought Neo was killed, and the second being when Stellar just totally snapped)

Then that'll lead to more debating about plot-devices and stuff, so let's just bypass all that and move on now.

But from the material in PHASE 32, disregarding whatever plot-devicing there is, Shinn did much better than Kira in that fight. Kira's own rise to GOD-dom is in itself a plot device anyway, since grunts lose all maneuvering/evasive ability against him, even in GSEED. And the plot-devicing against ace pilots fighting Kira in GSD...nope. I'm gonna stop myself there. That horse has been beaten to a pulp.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 13:21   Link #471
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
Quote:
Shinn almost had Destroy down with Impulse on Destroy's first run,
did you even watch Ep 32? and here you are b!tching about kira being a God.. Ep 32 was pure BS how shinn could hit the Destroy and kira/Freedom couldnt and how the shields would only appear on kira but not on shinn Rofl
and lets not forget how kira/Freedom lost to shinn in Ep 34 against Freedom.. he had impulse Fart on Freedom wings Rofl..is that what your trying to say how on each battle shinn was getting better and better? Rofl god i still remember the battle in ep 38.. that Destiny Sword sure stretch Rofl atleast enough to cut Destroy in 1/2 Rofl.. he should teach me that move

Quote:
How many times did Kira use Freedom in GS?
alot more than shinn with DEstiny


Freedom/alaska/he used it 3 times at the Orb battle/1-eternal/lacus/Asuran while taking eternal/2-3 times at the mendel Colony/2times at the final battle should i also count the times he used FReedom in GSD?

Destiny was used- 1 when he took down asuran gouf/1-at heaven base/ 1 ORB/
another 1 while taking down Jibril toy/dead of Jibril and for last..the last episode

i'm also pretty sure kira used Strike alot more than shinn could ever had with impulse...and he show a hard time with grunts in the first 1/2 of Gundam seed unlike your shinn that started owning 30 MS all by himself lets not forget the poor ships in Ep 12 LOL.. this makes me wonder whos the God like character here... iver never seen kira take down that much Mobile suits and ships he should learn from shinn
__________________
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 13:38   Link #472
Illuyankas
I need another drink.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Beer. Boobs. Wait... boobs again.
Shinn was an extremely willing pilot who'd had extensive anti-ship, anti-plane and anti-MS training, not someone who'd never even been in an MS before, and certainly didn't want to be there.

Besides, most of what Kira did to Destroy was to fire at long range at it with beams, his speciality, against which Destroy's multiple light shields are particularly effective. Shinn got up close before attacking, faster than the pilot could react and turn on the shields. Shinn's tactics were more suited to the enemy than Kira's were - plot device or no plot device. How many Destroys were exploded at long-range?

Also, Freedom was quite different in terms of MS than Strike, whereas Destiny is just a faster, harder hitting Impulse, and probably really similar to Impulse anyway, as it was built for Shinn. So Kira was practically learning a whole new suit. Rofl.
__________________
"Now, I like animals as much as the next guy, but if I'm hungry, I'll eat a panda sandwich."
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 13:44   Link #473
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
Quote:
Besides, most of what Kira did to Destroy was to fire at long range at it with beams, his speciality, against which Destroy's multiple light shields are particularly effective. Shinn got up close before attacking, faster than the pilot could react and turn on the shields. Shinn's tactics were more suited to the enemy than Kira's were - plot device or no plot device. How many Destroys were exploded at long-range?

well in that same Ep kira try to attack the destroy with the beam saber.... and what did he get? a beam shield Rofl... i wonder what happen to those beam shield when impulse went in for attack rofl stellar forgot toturn them on Rofl coughplotdevicecough

i feel sorry for the Earth Forces it was always a 1sid battle with the minerva crew
atleast in GS they owned ORB
__________________

Last edited by tetsuo69; 2006-01-26 at 13:58.
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 14:02   Link #474
Illuyankas
I need another drink.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Beer. Boobs. Wait... boobs again.
I'm sure there's something in Kira's approach vs. Shinn's approach that we can pick apart, say Kira's leisurely curve toward, across and away from Destroy against Shinn's flight directly at it; or Stellar's reaction to the 'big, bad' Freedom as opposed to the familiar and less threatening Impulse, but I'm pretty sure it's all metaphysical now, anyway.

I felt Shinn did better than Freedom against Destroy, and I don't care about these plot devices you speak of. Where does it say Freedom had to kill every mobile suit in the series?
__________________
"Now, I like animals as much as the next guy, but if I'm hungry, I'll eat a panda sandwich."
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 05:13   Link #475
cloudedge
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
humm.. i haven't read the whole thread about shin vs kira.. but I personally see their fight in a more metaphoric way rathering just seeing it as whose skill is better that who. Like most Gundam fights, I see it more as a battle of will rather than a battle of skill...

For Kira, I see him as the kind of pilot who have achieve a sense of direction in GSD. We can stay that his will to fight is driven by his determination to protect Lacus and Cagalli (?). He has found his "path" to fight the war (dismantling rather than killing).. so in a sense he has a resolve and thus can focus w/ being distract/confused by emotions (which we used to see a lot in SEED).. hence it reflects his fighting style which use long distances attacks that require a lot of timing/focus/waiting (aiming)... It also seems like he rather like to avoid melee if possible.. perhaps because of his ability to be able to sense things lol >.>; like Rau and Rey...

To me, the two years that he spend thinking about the war gave him a sense of inner peace... this peace allows him to find a resolve and the path/direction he as a pilot wants to take.. this steel his will and make him a pilot of fewer weakness...

In contrast, Shinn is a pilot that is motivated by rage. He fight on instincts and his moves are a direct expression of his anger. It seems natural then that he prefer melee since he can just unleash himself. This makes his power fickles from time to time.. as we see, when at the peak of his anger, he can defeat Kira (i believe that battle is right after Stella is killed by Kira)... but once he lost that anger, and try to protect (?) Luna (?) he seems to lose all his flare...
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 12:45   Link #476
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
did you even watch Ep 32? and here you are b!tching about kira being a God.. Ep 32 was pure BS how shinn could hit the Destroy and kira/Freedom couldnt and how the shields would only appear on kira but not on shinn Rofl
Um, for starters, Shinn was given a technical blueprint of specs for the Destroy whereas Kira wasn't? I mean, even if Kira didn't know what in hell the Destroy was, his rainbow spam attack gets deflected all the time and STILL Kira didn't get the drift.

Quote:
and lets not forget how kira/Freedom lost to shinn in Ep 34 against Freedom.. he had impulse Fart on Freedom wings Rofl..is that what your trying to say how on each battle shinn was getting better and better? Rofl god i still remember the battle in ep 38.. that Destiny Sword sure stretch Rofl atleast enough to cut Destroy in 1/2 Rofl.. he should teach me that move
It's either you don't like Shinn or you're just totallly ignoring Shinn's skills throughout GSD...until he was suddenly nerfed, that is.

Shinn was a more capable pilot than Kira because, he's not using the GODly plot device, he was actually human (he gets hits and misses and he doesn't get out of a battle scratch free all the time and he actually gets pushed to the point wherein one measly mistake could cost him his life or the Minerva's), and he actually used the capabilities of his Gundam to the point that he was actually good in Impulse not just because he's the show's main hero.

Quote:
alot more than shinn with DEstiny
Still doesn't cut it.

Quote:
Freedom/alaska/he used it 3 times at the Orb battle/1-eternal/lacus/Asuran while taking eternal/2-3 times at the mendel Colony/2times at the final battle should i also count the times he used FReedom in GSD?


Given these...um..."many" times Kira used Freedom, it still does NOT mean that Kira has an actual right to becoming the GOD of CE. How was Kira good in Freedom anyway? All he'll do is push one little button and everybody on the battlefield goes "disabled" and "boom", without even using strategy for the part; I mean, his aimbots are all fired up and ready to go with just a push of a button...how does that equate to being a "good" pilot?

If Kira was good a pilot, his days with the Strike should be the thing that describes this praise or comment or whatever. Strike + Fllay, and you get something very kickass like the Strike VS BuCUES which required strategy or whatever thinking on his part to be able to pull off something as awesome as that. Kira didn't get to fight BuCUES before, moreso in their home turf, and yet he showed skill worthy of somebody to be called as a Gundam main hero. When he received Freedom, his skills were replaced by rainbow spam.

Kira's skills with the Strike were nerfed halfway because he got a new toy to play with. If Kira was allowed to "grow old" with his unit, before it could be done off in a rather spectacular manner that would mean that he has to get a new suit (meaning that he has reached the plane wherein the Kira + Strike tandem is actually a force to be reckoned with, not just because he's the show's main hero), then his title as the GOD of CE wouldn't sound too evil, because he earned that title and he deserves it.

And BTW I'm only asking how many times Kira used it in GS and this does not include GSD.

Quote:
Destiny was used- 1 when he took down asuran gouf/1-at heaven base/ 1 ORB/another 1 while taking down Jibril toy/dead of Jibril and for last..the last episode
Even if Destiny was given less screen time, Shinn actually earned the right to pilot the Destiny, unlike Kira and Freedom. Shinn constantly pushed the Impulse's abilities to the limit, got Impulse-d, and his SEED mode is even cooler than Kira's ( loved how Kira was so when Shinn dodged his Freedom Love Attack...what the hell, he didn't expect a grunt to act that way...)...but when he got Impulse-d, did he sulk about it in one dark corner of his room? No. He pushed himself to give it his all in each and every scramble he went through, trying to surpass himself at every chance he could get, he had questions he wanted to be answered, he had believed in what he was fighting for that remained constant until the end and so he got nerfed...

And so going by this Kira Freedom is just as GODly as Shinn Destiny as you're trying to say (or Shinn is even GODlier), you forgot that the Destiny was designed specifically with Shinn Asuka in mind whereas the Freedom was designed for another Coordinator pilot, and NOT Kira Yamato. Even if it says that Strike Freedom was especially made for Kira by Lacus, it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth, because how in the world would Kira know how to use Super DRAGOONs down pat going through a battle only ONCE...

Quote:
i'm also pretty sure kira used Strike alot more than shinn could ever had with impulse...and he show a hard time with grunts in the first 1/2 of Gundam seed unlike your shinn that started owning 30 MS all by himself lets not forget the poor ships in Ep 12 LOL.. this makes me wonder whos the God like character here... iver never seen kira take down that much Mobile suits and ships he should learn from shinn
What was Kira against? ZAFT. What was Shinn against? EA, Orb, Archangel + ridiculously overpowered super robot suit, Freedom. Kira has no one to give him support, except maybe for Mwu in his Moebius Zero, and at least Mwu was a capable pilot. Not that I'm dissing Lunamaria and Rey's skills...but all Lunamaria and Rey mainly did in GSD was protect the Minerva, shooting flying grunts that passed overhead, and maybe tried giving support to Shinn, but it wasn't enough, those enemies were coming at them in WAVES all at the same time. A confused Athrun in the Savior wasn't helping much, too. Shinn was left to protect the Minerva (destroying any enemy grunt that gets too close for comfort that is, in a very wide net around it), try to see if his other teammates are still OK (mostly Lunamaria) and protect them if need be, then he has to protect his own life. What is wrong about owning 30 MS in one run when your life is in grave danger, basically everybody's coming at them, and it's no man's land from Orb to Carpentaria Base? It would give Shinn enough reason to be desperate for their lives, right? It would give Shinn reason to try to save all lives he could, because everybody's depending on him, and Athrun wasn't any help (oh damn you Fukuda for turning Athrun into such a wuss...;_____; )? It would give Shinn reason to save these lives, because he knew this was war, and if he didn't protect them, it would all be for naught (his main reason for joining ZAFT)? How did Shinn become GODlike for being so...normal?

Shinn also had a hard time dealing with real fights first eps, he was always saying that "ARRRGGGHHH why is it like this this isn't like TRAINING " and Lunamaria was actually worried because she didn't get good scores in a certain test or whatever...normal things new soldiers would say when they're right smack in the middle of their earlier battle/melees. So you still call this GODly of Shinn?
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 16:51   Link #477
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
here's what sniper-sensei is saying shortend.
how freedom earned it's rep.
(at alaska or whatever)(don't remember or care)
(kira activates aimbot)(presses fire button)
(it disables all enemy suits)
kira: cool now everyone else on the show and the fans will think i used great skills to win!
as for the destroy thing
(kira fires the rainbow beams at destroy)
(destroy blocks)
kira: what the? but when i press the fire button the enemy is destroyed or disabled!(he fires the rainbow beams several times)
(destroy blocks)
stellar: (she has an annoyed expression on her face) dosn't he realize that's not working?
(shinn arrives)(he sees what kira is doing)
shinn: dosen't he realize that's not working?
(he attacks it effectivly)
kira: how'd he do that?(fires the rainbow beams again still dosen't work)
understand?
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 17:43   Link #478
Nagara_Venteel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Newb here

Hiya guys. Just finished Destiny last night, and I must say I agree with most things said. I was very disappointed at where they took some of the characters. Also how they seemed to make you think the show was about Shinn, and Stella, when they served no real purpose. I dunno it was just no Gundam Seed that is for sure.
Nagara_Venteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 17:46   Link #479
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
.... So you still call this GODly of Shinn?
I would still say its godly... just not as godly as Kira...

I mean, when it comes down to it, Shinn should have probably spent most of the series saying "ARRRGGGHHH why is it like this this isn't like TRAINING"... I mean, he went from weak ace to demi-god ace in just a few short battles... Shinn may have gotten high scores in the academy, and is considered an Ace, but he is still facing pilots who are FAR more experienced then he is... They may be Naturals, but their experience would definatly count for something; especially when we know how strong a natural can get, from examples like Mwu and Natural aces from Astray mangas... shooting down 30 windams like Shinn did should have probably been impossible for him to pull off... Sure the desperate situation would give him the motivation to fight harder, but just because you got the motivation doesn't mean you got the skills to back it up...

So ya, i would still Shinn is pretty godly... though not NEARLY as godly as Kira...
Kira has had plot device protection ever since he first left Heliopolis... and then got godly when he switched to freedom...

bah, but everyone knows that grunts are nerfed speciaffically to make the heros look cool...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 04:49   Link #480
Morisato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Shin plain and simple caused the downfall of GSD more or less. If they didn't spend 38 episodes with "ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH" "ME ANGRY" "ME SMASH MUBLIE SIUTE" "ME NO LIKE ORB" "ARGHHHHHHHHHH", it would've been much better. The least they could've done was to at least develop his character but nope he doesn't change, even after being owned, he still doesn't learn the errors of his ways, he was actually depressed that ORB wasn't destroyed. Plus they could've NOT make Shin a retarded idiot (and a sister complex) that blames everyone around him for his faults.

I can now conclude that Shinn caused the downfall of Destiny.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.