|View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Total Series Rating|
|9 out of 10 : Excellent||10||24.39%|
|8 out of 10 : Very Good||6||14.63%|
|7 out of 10 : Good||9||21.95%|
|6 out of 10 : Average||0||0%|
|5 out of 10 : Below Average||0||0%|
|4 out of 10 : Poor||1||2.44%|
|3 out of 10 : Bad||0||0%|
|2 out of 10 : Very Bad||0||0%|
|1 out of 10 : Painful||0||0%|
|Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll|
|2013-03-30, 14:38||Link #1|
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
Join Date: Dec 2005
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating
This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.
A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
And so on.
The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:
Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10
Average = Total Series Rating
Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.
Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
|2013-03-30, 19:29||Link #3|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42° 10' N (Latitude) 87° 33' W (Longitude)
There are parts in this series that outright aggravated me. The beginning was fairly strong; but when the "drama" and hyper energetic Sorata becomes repetitive... then I was starting to get irritated. It was as if Sorata was not learning anything during the course of this story. On top of that, don't even get me started on the whole Aoyama thing...
The ending - as well as Rita + Dragon boy - salvaged the entire series, such that I'd actually recommend people to watch this. On my anime list -- (see my sig.) -- I gave this series 7/10.
|2013-03-31, 01:55||Link #5|
Join Date: Oct 2004
* Kimi ga Yume wo Tsurete Kita - The lyrics by themselves are not that good, and the melody by itself is not that good. Yet, when combined into the song, it sounds pretty nice and different in its roughness compared to other OPs. It also sets the character for the entire show.
* Days of Dash! Fantastic song! It exemplifies the show's themes of romance and finding one's goals in life and working towards them without giving up.
* OP2 and ED2 signaled the show's shift to mostly drama in the second half, and I can't say I liked them as much as OP1 and ED1.
* The second half of the show was slower, dreary, and heart-breaking at times.
* I didn't really care for Jin and Misaki and their romance that much. Jin's inferiority syndrome was understandable, but the way he expresses it by romancing other women and ignoring Misaki was asshole behavior (exceeding Hyouka's Satoshi's similar issue). Misaki herself was the engine that drove the Sakurasou residents foward, but her story basically revolved around Jin.
* I found Yuko to be damn annoying. She's almost entirely for comedy, lacks the depth of the other characters, and detracts from the tone of the show.
* Sorata's personal conflict with his inadequacy due to all the failures and being surrounded by people who are all demonstrably more skilled than him is an issue that anybody can identify with. Hyouka touched on the same theme, but Sakurasou took it as its full theme. Sorata is slightly disturbing as a main character though. Considering his circumstances his anger and frustration is understandable, but the way he expresses it and took it out on Mashiro a few times skirts the abuse line. Kudos to him for getting over it and not learning not to give up.
* Mashiro is very cute, but needs a bit of character growth. The way the show presents things, she already knows her goal and works towards it to the exclusion of almost all else; her struggles and decision-making all occured prior to the story. Her growing romance with Sorata is there, but since the show only covered up through volume 6, it's not complete. The save Sakurasou subplot seemed at first to be tailored to developing her, but it turned out to be a group project for the residents.
* Nanami, also very attractive. She's the hard worker and the underdog, making her a perfect match for Sorata even if it's obviously not meant to be. It's too bad the show timeskipped over her talk with her parents after failing her auditions, that would have made for an interesting discussion.
* Rita is my favorite of the girls. She's basically an ideal compared to the others: being playful like Misaki, the frustration of being upstaged like Sorata, working hard like Nanami, and having all the practical and social skills Mashiro does not. She knew what she wanted, and went for it. Of the blonde, blue-eyed, and [large-chested] anime characters I've seen, she easily tops the list.
* Ryuunosuke needs a bit more development. We know his past, but at the present his role is basically to save everybody else when there's trouble.
* Despite being pretty depressing with Sorata and Nanami's failures, the show ended on a high note with the characters resolving to continue on (and presumably having success in the future.) The only true failure would have been to give up.
* Whoever wrote the synopsis for the show before it aired presented it as a generic quirky romance, and mislead me into not intending to watch originally. Thank god I followed anime blogs to see its quality (and read Wikipedia for the spoilers on what the show was really about) and picked this up.
* Those nationalist otakus sabotaging the show's sales over very minor details- FUCK THEM.
Score: 9.5/10 - It's my second favorite show of 2012, right behind Hyouka. Most of the issues I had are a result of not being a complete story. I am very much hoping for a second season to complete the series to the LN's end. (Once again, FUCK those otaku.)
|2013-04-01, 22:47||Link #6|
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
Join Date: Dec 2004
Definitely a 10/10 for me.
I will be honest though there were times that i got super frustrated at Sorata but i guess what makes the series great and different than other series is that main character isn't perfect.
I have some Beef to pick with Jin too but overall he was a great character. Much much much better (imo) than Sorata.
And Gold Medal goes to DRAGON . Ryuu X Rita was epic . So cute .
Of course Shina IS PERFECT .
I will do a through review of it later . I just wanted to post this since i finished the series.
|2013-04-04, 16:00||Link #8|
Join Date: Dec 2003
The start of the anime had me laughing almost every episode, mix in tears during the climax of the arcs.
Latter portions of the series is more drama oriented but I find it quite easy to follow as they are well paced and also involve all the members of the well developed cast to keep things interesting.
A lot of the important scenes: the nyranboron presentation, the first and second time Sorata hugged Mashiro, the valentine scene, etc are quite memorable.
Mashiro is def the star of the show. While she lacks in common sense, she is able to see and express the things which others fail to (ie: "Sorata is the one who doesn't understand", how her words encouraged Misaki, etc). Her unique attributes also allow us (and Sorata himself) to experience her budding love for Sorata over the series, which I find to be quite enjoyable.
While some dislike Sorata's character, I find him to be just fine and easy to relate to. It is already difficult enough for a guy to admit to his feelings towards a girl already, when the girl is a world class genius that shadows everyone else - even the bravest young man would lose his confidence and question his own worth.
Def a very strong contender for the romcom of the year: def a series I will recommend to others.
|2013-05-28, 11:25||Link #9|
Join Date: Apr 2013
This probably tops Toradora! in the Highschool category anime for me. Each episode has its own kind of surprises and the the character was given so much obstacles through their problems and seems like they're failing more often than I would like too but that was what made the "success" part of the story more fun. I was a SorataxShiina since they were probably the main protagonists and both are good-looking, I sometimes felt that Nanami was actually going to be Sorata's in the end but it would be a devastating twist for most people, in this case me, because I had chosen Shiina right off the first episode. Great series couldn't have asked for a better ending with Ryuusuke and Ritta kissing but was hoping that Sorata and Shiina developed a romantic scene and kissed in the last episode, but I guess they were opening discussions for those who supports other characters. And with the addition of the new Sakurasou member it would really turn out well if they decided to make a Season 2.(Had never read the manga/novel whatever it is the Anime is based on)
|2013-06-28, 10:07||Link #10|
Join Date: Jun 2013
Definitely one of the best romance/comedy/drama anime I've ever seen. Although I didn't like the dark period in like the middle of the serie it was still bearble to an extend. But really the last 2 episodes or so made me a shed a tear and even though Shiinas character development wasn't that great throughout the serie as I wanted it to be I still think they can make up for it in the season 2 (if there's gonna be one). Also the kiss at the end... I wish it was a proper kiss instead but oh well like many have said it, because of that it could potentially be a season 2 with a proper closure.
All in all I give this anime a 10/10. Well deserved.
Last edited by Sakurasou; 2013-06-28 at 10:24.
|2013-08-13, 00:05||Link #11|
Finished the whole series last week and I'm deeply impressed of the well done story. The comedy and drama was balance and it never made me bored at all. I want to take back everything negative I said about the anime.
I can't really say everything down to the detail why I came to loved this series... I may end up rewatching it again.
Wonderful 1OP and 1ED.... still plays in my head...
9.5/10 Almost perfect, almost close to Clannad AS.... Worth to be praise... a masterpiece of the season
|2013-09-05, 09:36||Link #12|
a random Indonesian otaku
Join Date: Dec 2009
Animation Quality: 9
They're doing a wonderful job... not the best visual but it's still good!
Voice Actors: 9
Most of them are doing extraordinary job... voicing Nanami's accent, Sorata's snapped voice, and Misaki's energetic voice are hard... and they're perfect in picturing it
Magnificent! Perfect reflection for my life... learn a lot from this anime... thanks a lot!
Being around talented person is very troublesome... at least I know how to deal with my inferiority complex now
well... it's beautiful... that's all
Perfect soundtracks were put in perfect scene. Opening and Ending songs are good as well
Very good... I highly recommend this one to every human out there...
Emotional Involvement: 10
For someone who experienced same thing like Sorata and Nanami, I must say I'm getting too emotional for this anime. They just hit the right spot in my life.
It's like a rollercoaster... sometimes it's funny, then it's depressing, after that it's warmed your heart again... what a magnificent job
10/10.... just lost comments to describe Sakurasou