AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-24, 20:26   Link #501
B2-Lancer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Well, as far I know, Kuroko has at her disposal some teleportation-based "weaponry" she hasn't tapped, like the instantaneous removal of a sizable column of air -- which rushes in to fill the "void" pretty loudly (can you say thunderclap?) Depending how much volume she could move, such can at least stun nearby adversaries, and maybe even produce the explosive impact of a grenade. (this should naturally happen anyway when her bod's air displacement pops out -- at least make a bang -- a series oversight). If she did this with (subsurface) water it'd be even more striking, like a swooshing fountain and a subsurface shockwave. Underwater, she could sink submarines and battleships like that, like how torpedoes create imploding voids under a ship's hull. Trick is the volume size she could teleport. Haven't done the math yet, but in open air she should also generate enough electric potential to create mean "sparks" of her own -- after she's left the scene. Of course (haven't kept up the series) she should've found that her powers give her a ability of staggered limited "mid-air bounce flight" -- depending how fast her powers regenerate.

I THINK Kuroko's power's quasi-transdimensional roots even make her a good candidate as a slider under the right bad short-circuiting accident during teleport, or she can also vibrate out a limited transit field as a thin "force field" barrier that'd slide projectiles around her (to shy missiles without going anyplace for example) -- if her regeneration time was fast enough. The thing about Kuroko's power to teleport self and volumes containing anything almost anywhere lethally nearby makes her far more deadly then the series envisions. If we're talking pure combat formidablity only, she'd be close a level six with gloves pulled. I think if gov't militrary labs had a wish-list of ideal weapon-powers, I think they'd pick Kuroko's over Misaka.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 01:32   Link #502
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
There is no evidence implying that Kuroko can teleport unbound non solids. In fact, it would make sense for those to make her calculations extremely difficult because of the fluid behaviour and the natural lack of perceptible boundries. I doubt that she, at her current level, has this possibility at her disposal.

Also, . The theoretical level 6 seems to be far too reality challenging to be compared with Kuroko's power.

I do agree that her power is still more lethal than Mikoto's. If she was a psycho, she would be a fearsome menace.

This is pure speculation, but I would expect her to be able to produce that "teleportation field" only after reaching level 5, being conceptually similar to Accelerator's auto reflection.

I doubt she will reach level 5 though, Awaki still has better chances of accomplishing that and probably not even she will achieve it in the course of the story.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 03:25   Link #503
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I doubt she will reach level 5 though, Awaki still has better chances of accomplishing that and probably not even she will achieve it in the course of the story.
And thats where fan fiction comes into this
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 17:59   Link #504
B2-Lancer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
There is no evidence implying that Kuroko can teleport unbound non solids. In fact, it would make sense for those to make her calculations extremely difficult because of the fluid behaviour and the natural lack of perceptible boundries. I doubt that she, at her current level, has this possibility at her disposal.
I have to read up on the calculations angle of her powers and the general story. From my last read long ago I'm vague right now how she does this on the fly, There was one episode where Mikoto is falling off a cliff deck from a Earthquake and Kuroko jumps in after her and teleports them both back up to the ledge (floats back down?) in the blind. I though Kuroko had to see where she teleports objects to.

I don't know whether Kuroko actually teleports a physical target by projected "contact", or "wraps" it within a spherical field in teleport; if there's a case of her teleporting several people or creatures at one time the spherical concept is likely and humane, since they wouldn't be teleporting in the exact space occupied by atmosphere molecules after "transport" (instantly lethal.) A sphere force "cocoon" would push out or "blow away" all those during creation. The "calculations" of transitioning several discrete objects at once would be staggering, especially on the fly. The "easier" spherical field concept would mean she could teleport anything wrapped within it, regardless its state of matter. (Don't know if there are accounts of her teleporting a fiery flame or smoke or gases -- that'd cinch the spherical field concept...) One cool ability I think she'd have is ripped from a Star Trek episode about a living cloud that eats blood iron and can't be killed by weapons because it can rapidly "de-synk" in and out of our dimensional continuum. Since Kuruko's powers are trans/interdimensional by nature, she might be capable of this -- IF she can "recycle" her powers fast enough, but she might be too mortal or immature to tackle this. If she could, she might be able to walk through a fire or explosion short a nuclear detention. It'd be cool if the academy studied exactly what's "within" this inter-dimensional teleport realm Kuroku flickers in and out of to get around!

Quote:
I do agree that her power is still more lethal than Mikoto's. If she was a psycho, she would be a fearsome menace.
I like this! Though some might contend that she really IS psycho .. But yes, it would be a bad day if she went rouge. If she were clever, she doesn't even have to "touch" Accelerator to do him in. It would probably best take some kind of kinetic mental power to stop her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath:
I have to disagree here. If she was awesome she would have won the fight easily, she could win any fight easily. She had the drop on Awaki yet she didn't just teleport in front of her and hit her in the throat or something similar.
Again, I gotta catch up with the series about this Awaki, so I'm kind of "blind" saying this, but let's not forget to include skill and experience in toe-to-toe matches. WWII P-51 aces shot down litters of superior Nazi 262 jet fighters flown by callow pilots. I THINK Kuroku was skilled at teleporting since a child(?).

Quote:
jalvin_billster1091
Re: And thats where fan fiction comes into this .
I'm glad that some manga creators took tech hints and suggestions from fans, like for Chobits and Macross (happened all the time with old TV shows like $6MillMan) so maybe anime producers might dip the fan knowledge well to spice their stories some. Be fun to see these unanticipated fan-inspired side-powers pop up!
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 23:30   Link #505
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Kuroko needs physical contact to teleport one. That's why her limit to teleport a human being is 2.

Kuroko doesn't really need to see where she wants to teleport the thing she wanted to teleport. She only need to know the place. The things there, the visual image of it, the distance and height of it. Basically information that she needed for calculation of teleportation.

Awaki isn't restricted to physical contact and can teleport in huge masses.

The way teleporter uses their ability is like. Coating the object with their AIM and sending it through 11th dimension and forcing its being back into this dimension.

And for all instance. For the time being. All of the things shown that has been teleported are solid matter. Has fixed mass, shape or volume or just plain fixed.

Probably teleporting gas or liquid would be hard because the molecules aren't fixed in place. It would probably possible if its in a container.

Accelerator can rape a teleporter. In his pass, he had a battle with teleporter. Ones the object is entering this dimension. The reflect of Accelerator kicks in and its good as sending it back to 11th dimension.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 10:45   Link #506
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Adding to what tsunade666 said, Kuroko's ability teleports the exact target body. There's no need for a "protective cocoon" as everything teleported automatically displaces whatever is occupying the destination space. That's what she explained when she used glass to break concrete columns.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:35   Link #507
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
The biggest question is still how it works though. There is a fanfiction that says that she can actually shift an objects existence from one place to another by twisting the dimensional grid itself or something. I could probably find it.
I'm not sure what this would mean other than it would allow her to defeat accelerator who can otherwise, i think, deflect teleportation vectors.
oh and as for the whole thing about "knowing the place". That is incorrect. Since she bases it off of calculus all she needs to know would be the co-ordinates and since she is the origin that basically means the distance away the target is from her.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 01:27   Link #508
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
oh and as for the whole thing about "knowing the place". That is incorrect. Since she bases it off of calculus all she needs to know would be the co-ordinates and since she is the origin that basically means the distance away the target is from her.
she need to know the place if she is teleporting organic beings. It ifs a non-living being then sending it away is fine but she still need to know the place for precision because just knowing the coordinate won't be enough. She at least need to know what's present there to have a precise calculation or else she is going blind there.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 09:30   Link #509
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
she need to know the place if she is teleporting organic beings. It ifs a non-living being then sending it away is fine but she still need to know the place for precision because just knowing the coordinate won't be enough. She at least need to know what's present there to have a precise calculation or else she is going blind there.
But she is still able to do it. Sure she might end up in a wall but that doesn't mean that it is impossible.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 11:40   Link #510
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
but ending up stuck in the wall is not fine.

Look at what happen to Awaki. That's why she didn't become a level 5 because of her mental trauma of being stuck in a wall. And your lucky if the wall is solid, but what if you ended up stuck in a foundation of a wall or a structure where the place you teleported in isn't solid. It will collapse on you.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 14:54   Link #511
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but ending up stuck in the wall is not fine.

Look at what happen to Awaki. That's why she didn't become a level 5 because of her mental trauma of being stuck in a wall. And your lucky if the wall is solid, but what if you ended up stuck in a foundation of a wall or a structure where the place you teleported in isn't solid. It will collapse on you.
Once again it depends how the teleportation happens and if there are any other factors in play. All I was saying is that blind teleportation is possible. If she closed her eyes and was put in a field she could teleport all she wanted which Awaki can't do as easily if at all.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 15:31   Link #512
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
If its just blind teleportation or desperate teleportation then its possible. Any teleporter can do it. But that's dangerous. Awaki can also teleport fast but rapid continues teleportation isn't her forte. Awaki would just teleport the whole block than teleport bit by bit.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 15:45   Link #513
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If its just blind teleportation or desperate teleportation then its possible. Any teleporter can do it. But that's dangerous. Awaki can also teleport fast but rapid continues teleportation isn't her forte. Awaki would just teleport the whole block than teleport bit by bit.
But because Awaki isn't the origin point things are far more difficult for her in terms of calculations so she probably couldn't do it as quickly. And then there's the problem that Awaki's teleportation isn't teleportation.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 16:09   Link #514
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
There's one thing I don't get; are Kuroko and her schoolgirl crush antics so popular that Satomi Arai had to hide the existence of her heterosexual marriage and her child for so long? Kuroko Shirai is by no means Satomi Arai's only role, and I doubt that she's so famous that otaku had become irrationally invested in her "purity."

If anything I would think that it would be Rina Satou, Mikoto's VA, who would attract this kind of attention, since she's one of the main characters for TAMNI.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 16:11   Link #515
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
But because Awaki isn't the origin point things are far more difficult for her in terms of calculations so she probably couldn't do it as quickly. And then there's the problem that Awaki's teleportation isn't teleportation.
Hardly the case, you're exaggerating the difference.

We know it's has a single step more than Kuroko, but it's nothing 'far more difficult' and easily compensated by saying she's smarter than Kuroko.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 17:20   Link #516
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hardly the case, you're exaggerating the difference.

We know it's has a single step more than Kuroko, but it's nothing 'far more difficult' and easily compensated by saying she's smarter than Kuroko.
I don't think intelligence factors into the equation in regards to the calculation involved in powers. Otherwise the collective brain of almost 10000 clones would be far more than what Accelerator had alone. There is probably something else that does the calculations or at least speeds them up.

But that is not the reason I say that Awaki's teleportation isn't teleportation. It's because in novel 8 the thing she attempted to "teleport" took long enough to get there that Touma had time to come out of nowhere and stop it. Teleportation is instantaneous movement or it's not teleportation.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 18:01   Link #517
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
I don't think intelligence factors into the equation in regards to the calculation involved in powers. Otherwise the collective brain of almost 10000 clones would be far more than what Accelerator had alone. There is probably something else that does the calculations or at least speeds them up.
You do realized that 9969 brains helping doesn't mean that all of them would be used to their fullest otherwise their original host would be vegetables?

It's calculation- just math; some people are better at it than others- fact of life.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
But that is not the reason I say that Awaki's teleportation isn't teleportation. It's because in novel 8 the thing she attempted to "teleport" took long enough to get there that Touma had time to come out of nowhere and stop it. Teleportation is instantaneous movement or it's not teleportation.
That's because it's a huge object with a lot of mass that it warps space-time.

Realize that 'instantaneous' is nothing but an illusion- Light would seem to be instantaneous because of it's speed, but like anything else it takes time to travel from point A to point B.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 18:04   Link #518
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Technically, the mass hadn't moved when Touma got there, it was the space what was bending in preparation for the "instant movement".

... obvious cop out device, but that's how it went.

Although personally, I disagree that teleportation has to be instantaneous. For me it's more about bypassing distance... It can be for example moving something through an extradimensional portal.

Last edited by leukrota; 2013-03-30 at 18:12. Reason: better wording
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 18:09   Link #519
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You do realized that 9969 brains helping doesn't mean that all of them would be used to their fullest otherwise their original host would be vegetables?

It's calculation- just math; some people are better at it than others- fact of life.
You do not need the part of your brain that does mathematics for survival so that is a faulty argument as is the fact that he could be that good naturally. Some people are better than others yes, but not by that large a margin.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's because it's a huge object with a lot of mass that it warps space-time.

Realize that 'instantaneous' is nothing but an illusion- Light would seem to be instantaneous because of it's speed, but like anything else it takes time to travel from point A to point B.
Given teleportation's most logical mechanism there is no warping of space-time involved. Teleportation is, by necessity, instantaneous or else it is just regular movement.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 18:13   Link #520
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
You do not need the part of your brain that does mathematics for survival so that is a faulty argument as is the fact that he could be that good naturally. Some people are better than others yes, but not by that large a margin.
ARE YOU SURE?

Frontal Lobe- associated with reasoning, planning, parts of speech, movement, emotions, and problem solving.

And if you think you don't use math outside of the classroom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Given teleportation's most logical mechanism there is no warping of space-time involved. Teleportation is, by necessity, instantaneous or else it is just regular movement.
Teleportation in this story is when they move objects through the 11th dimension to reach their destination.

NOTHING, is conveniently instantaneous.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.